On leaving Sodahead.

Lynn 2011/11/06 21:12:43
Thoughtful thoughts.
Hateful thoughts.
STFU Lynn!
Well, its been three years to the day since I started hanging around here... But its time I pulled the plug.

I'd be a liar if I said that the idiots here were not a part of that decision. Yeah, there are some real losers, idiots, haters, haters that dont even know they are haters, flaming libtards, tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, bible thumping nutjobs and a strange assortment of just wierd people here.

But the real reason I am leaving is simply time. Or specifically, the amount of time I waste here on a daily basis that I could, and should devote to more constructive or enjoyable activities.

I don't back down from an honest debate. I'm not afraid to mix it up in the areana of ideas. But at some point, one has to ask themselves if the debate is worth the time you wasted on it.

I've asked my self why certain things are not getting done around the house, or why they seem to take forever to finish. I've wished I had more time to do other things I've told myself that I would do for years. And then I realise that I spend as much as 3 hours a day during the week on Sodahead and often times, more than that on the weekends. It doesnt take a rockets scientist to figure out where the time went.

I've tried "cutting back". I'll only log on during my lunch break at the office. I'll only answer "nice" questions that will avoid lengthy debates or arguments. I'll ignore the trolls, idiots and tarbabies. I'll stay out of the politics section...

Nothing has worked. I simply dont have the willpower to let certain idiotic statements go unchallenged, or resist spending long amounts of time finding the perfect photo to punctuate my opinions.

The only real solution for me is to just turn it off.

I'll have time to finish my remodelling, practice my guitar or my japanese language studies. And I'll have less reason to get agrivated at the amount of stupidity that is out there in the world.

So, I leave Sodahead as I found it.

If you'd like to stay in touch with me, send a private message. If the feeling is mutual, I'll let you know how to reach me. Dont feel bad if I dont reply. It doesnt necessarily mean I dont like you, its just that I am very selective about who I let into my life.

Farewell.

'Lynn Davis'

• lynn.crago 2011/11/14 17:17:04
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    lynn.crago
    i will miss u and besides u too gave me a lot to think about good luck
  • teigan 2011/11/14 08:53:40
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    teigan
    You've given me a lot to think about, I may need to take a break too. I spend far too much time here as well. Good luck to you and all your projects and don't think you're leaving SH as you found it, you've contributed a great deal.

good bye have a wonderful thanksgiving
  • CharlesG BN-0 2011/11/14 08:05:51
    CharlesG BN-0
    Sound rational decision. Here's a possum Possum in tuxedo
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/11/14 08:00:29
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    Wish you were not leaving Lynn. I'm in the same boat so know how you feel.
  • Bodhisattva1965 2011/11/14 04:53:35
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Bodhisattva1965
    Sorry to see you go. Good luck with everything.
  • frangelica 2011/11/14 02:22:10
    frangelica
    I'm sorry to see you go. I really don't have time to come here on a daily basis, and yes, sometimes when I DO come I get so angry at the 'haters', etc. that I sign off pretty quickly. I've learned that the people who make me angriest...well, it's NO use arguing with them, or countering their comments with facts. Facts have no place in their universe. So, I do my best to simply leave my OWN comments, then back off and not get lured into a fight. Cos, I'm NOT going to win. Anyway, I think I told you the reason I fanned you was cos you are one of the intelligent ones...few and far between, here or anywhere else on the net for some reason. (This is despite the fact that I probably fall under your definition of a 'libtard'...LOL!) Seriously, I've really enjoyed reading your stuff. You usually give me something to think about. (And, even when I choose to not comment, I HAVE read what you wrote...at least as often as I have time to do so.
    So, I WILL miss you, but I honestly understand your reasons. If I hung out here more often, I would probably come to the same conclusion. I hope you get caught up on all of your stuff, and maybe when you DO you'll come back to us. I won't forget you. You've brought me a lot of enjoyment over the months. I just wish I had more time to devote to this...

So, I WILL miss you, but I honestly understand your reasons. If I hung out here more often, I would probably come to the same conclusion. I hope you get caught up on all of your stuff, and maybe when you DO you'll come back to us. I won't forget you. You've brought me a lot of enjoyment over the months. I just wish I had more time to devote to this site and could have gotten to know you better. OK. Enough. (But I REALLY hate 'goodbyes'.)

Good luck with all of your projects. Maybe you could...hmm...set up a little blog, just to post about your projects? That shouldn't take too much time if you just updated once a week, or even every other week. Let me know if you DO, please. I'm in the midst of a couple of my own projects, trying to use some of Nate Berkus' suggestions to add space to my tiny teeny apartment. It's slow going, but I LOVE his ideas.

Ima say goodbye now. Please let me know if you set up a blog or web page, OK?

Peace and Love
    Carolina
  • Lynn frangelica 2011/11/14 03:21:26
    Lynn
    The is a difference between a liberal and a libtard... Usually its a tall glass of koolaid. Some of my best friends in real life are politically on the left side of center, but can see the reason in both sides of the debate and not define all conservatives in terms of the worst stereotypes or argue their position with hyperbole.

Thank you for your kind words. I've decided against 404'ing my profile and will check in silently from time to time. I'll return to active participation when I feel like I am caught up and have the time to devote to this place and the few nice people that are here.

P.S., I've seriously considered the blog page as a place to post some of my politial essays.
  • Sooz 2011/11/07 14:25:20
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Sooz
    +1
    I couldn't have said that better myself...you're exactly right...
    Good luck on your new adventures (I'm right behind ya)...wishing you all the best...
  • bigsteve 2011/11/07 06:34:56
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    bigsteve
    I am new on here Lynn, and read your post carefully... well written and honest.. does give one pause...hmmmm... don;t know you but...thanks.
  • JanHopkins 2011/11/07 06:24:52
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    JanHopkins
    I can sympathize with your position. I spend way too much time on this computer myself.
  • Striker 2011/11/07 00:51:43
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Striker
    I agree with you Lynn, blogging here wastes way more time than what one might accomplish elsewhere. Heap big talk and itty bitty action. It's more the nature of the blogging beast than simply Sodahead. Good luck to you!
  • Lynn Striker 2011/11/07 05:04:27
    Lynn
    +1
    Thanks Striker, its not been all bad. I just got frustrated with what I have been ignoring in the real life and woke up to the fact that SH has been the biggest consumer of my time and recognized that I apparently dont have the willpower to cut back.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2011/11/07 00:38:17
    Bingo's Faddah
    This site is merely a sample of the kind of people that inhabit the planet. If you can't deal with them here, how do you feel about real life? BTW, calling anyone a Libtard for having a different political outlook than you merely makes you one of " some real losers, idiots, haters, haters that dont even know they are haters, flaming libtards, tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, bible thumping nutjobs and a strange assortment of just wierd people here."

Don't let the door bump your ass on the way out.
  • Lynn Bingo's... 2011/11/07 05:18:44
    Lynn
    +2
    I deal with people here and IRL just fine. Its the time I waste here that could be better used elsewhere that is at issue.
  • Bingo's... Lynn 2011/11/07 13:53:44
    Bingo's Faddah
    Appropriation of time is what life is about. Good luck, and have fun.
  • Razoreye001 2011/11/06 23:25:35
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Razoreye001
    it really depends on what you come here for I like debating more than I hate idiots and the only cure for the idiots is to tell them they are idiots and then they block you problem solved.
  • Lynn Razorey... 2011/11/07 05:00:39
    Lynn
    +1
    Three years ago, I thought this might be good debating practice... Boy was I wrong. I only blocked those that were abusive.
  • safari 2011/11/06 22:32:06
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    safari
    +2
    AW Lynn - you have been one of my favorite soda heads pretty much from when I first arrived here. I will definitely miss you. I haven't been here as much myself because I am working on other things right now.

A few words about the SodaHATERS - What I learned a long time ago other than to block the flaming left wing attacking hateful idiots, and to just not waste time arguing with a fool unless I am posting for general audience consumption, is that there are soooooo many fakes here with multiple profiles that until someone really proves themselves to me to be genuine, I take every thing they do like a grain of salt.

One of the big eye openers was realizing that some of the people who operate on the left also dress up as conservatives to infiltrate, cause incredible dramas amongst real conservatives, and time waste or play psychological games with people's heads. I've seen it before on networks but not to the extent that it is here. There are roving gangs of them - and sometimes when you see those big drama scenes going on, the funny thing is that often times it is the same persons taking both sides. I've seen more conservatives ran off by those who they think are on their side than I've seen ran off by those who are posing as out right nasty libs, ( In reality they are the ...

One of the big eye openers was realizing that some of the people who operate on the left also dress up as conservatives to infiltrate, cause incredible dramas amongst real conservatives, and time waste or play psychological games with people's heads. I've seen it before on networks but not to the extent that it is here. There are roving gangs of them - and sometimes when you see those big drama scenes going on, the funny thing is that often times it is the same persons taking both sides. I've seen more conservatives ran off by those who they think are on their side than I've seen ran off by those who are posing as out right nasty libs, ( In reality they are the same person under two profiles if I haven't made my point about it clear enough )

But I don't blame you for what you are doing at all. I still pop in from time to time but am appreciating the time I am not here just as much. Now I am very picky about what I do and who I spend time discussing things with when I am here.

Good luck Lynn - and it's been a real pleasure getting to know you. I hope to still see you on occasion.. I always thought you brought a very unique perspective into the conversations you engage in.
  • Lynn safari 2011/11/07 05:17:12
    Lynn
    +1
    Thanks Safari. You've been a positive point here. I realize there are a lot of toxic personality types on the internet. That they are here really isnt the problem. That I cant stop myself from wasting so much time on them is. Its really about my own lack of discipline.

My most recent remodelling projects is going on being in work for a full year now. If I were married, I can only imagine how pissed off my wife would be by now with the house torn apart like this. Thank goodness I'm single and my dog doesnt care. I used to be a construction contractor and should have been able to do the project in 3-5 months part time.
    I also havent done my Yoga or gone to the gym in a similar amount of time and I keep telling myself that I dont have time. But I have time to be on SH?

I'll probably leave my profile active rather than request that it be 404'd just to check for messages.
  • safari Lynn 2011/11/08 01:51:11
    safari
    +2
    Thanks Lynn. I hope you do keep your profile - I would like to keep up with you over time - if you are going to deac will you plz let me know and I will send you an email address. I generally don't do email though because I get so much it's become a nightmare lol But if you are going I'd sure like to give you a way to stay in touch if you want. I am working on one thing that might be of interest some day. And I hope you will enjoy and appreciate every single minute you are not here. I know I do too lol I'm a bit of a computer addict myself and I have to force myself off. Again Good luck with your new pursuits!
  • Lynn safari 2011/11/14 03:24:55
    Lynn
    I've made the decision to keep my account here and will check in silently from time to time. I'll return to active participation when I feel that I am caught up enough to afford the time here. Meanwhile, I need to practice my foreign language studies in preparation for an overseas vacation next spring. :)
  • JohnFitzgeral12 2011/11/06 21:52:26
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    JohnFitzgeral12
    +1
    Like a band-aid, man. One-motion.

Take care of yourself.
  • Astro-Boy 2011/11/06 21:50:28
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Astro-Boy
    +3
    Bye. Good journey.
  • Lynn Astro-Boy 2011/11/07 04:59:16
    Lynn
    Thanks Astro. You're cool.
  • Grabitz 2011/11/06 21:31:53
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Grabitz
    Your just having a bad hair day . I put in for my account to be terminated three days ago ,they want to know why before terminating me . I have yet to answer them .
  • Lynn Grabitz 2011/11/07 04:58:57
    Lynn
    Been trying to "cut back" for a year now with no success. I just need to stop cold turkey and go do real world things.
  • Grabitz Lynn 2011/11/07 12:21:05
    Grabitz
    Same way I'm feeling . No one really listens anyway , i knew about the economy dumping before it did and i was called lazy bum .Knew about the OWS forming before they was the OWS ,was called a commie . Its going to get a lot worse then it is now ,possibly a total crash , lots of inside info that no one listens to . Oh well time to get our house in order
  • Max 2011/11/06 21:31:27
    Thoughtful thoughts.
    Max
    I never had the pleasure of reading 1 of your posts, until now. It's too bad to read that you have had the unfortunate incidence of running into uncouth commenters and outright a**holes. Sodahead will be less cool without you, I'm sure.

Sayonara
  • Lynn Max 2011/11/07 04:57:30
    Lynn
    +1
    Its really more out of frustration over time rather than any arguments. I've just got other things I'd like to do.
  • SarcasticB*tch 2011/11/06 21:16:00
    STFU Lynn!
    SarcasticB*tch
  • Lynn Sarcast... 2011/11/07 05:16:10
    Lynn
    +3
    I probably wont 404 myself, just stop participating. I'll check for messages periodically.

2014/12/23 00:34:17