On Election Day, Pause to Marvel at Democracy: Who Did You Vote For?

Chris D 2012/11/06 18:00:00
I just voted, and I hope every other U.S. citizen does the same. It really is an amazing process getting multiple millions of people to vote all on one day... but the big question is: Who did you vote for?

CNN.COM reports:
Frida Ghitis says the idea of choosing our own leaders is a hard-won rarity and a system that others yearn for.
cnn reports frida ghitis choosing leaders hard-won rarity yearn

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/06/opinion/ghitis-democ...

• NPC 2012/11/06 18:09:14
    Romney
    NPC
    +22
    Romney should win this one. 23 Million unenployed and no REID balanced budget with our huge DEBT should defeat Barry and the liberals. This is a turnout Election and we must defeat the Democrats to start our Economic Recovery.

• gumybare69 2012/11/07 18:22:13
    Obama
    gumybare69
    +2
    I hope this election sends a message to all politicians that times are changing and they need to start working together and get things done once and for all.
  • Jeok gumybare69 2012/11/08 17:42:44
    Jeok
    +1
    As long as there is a large segment of society who wish to impose their lifestyle, opinions, refusal to even discuss any compromise and ther hatreds on the rest of us, what's in Washington Lesgislatures, then we will have Gridlock, Those elected don't even go to the Hosuse and Senate Chambers anymore. They make their polluted speeches to empty chambers, while sucking up to Corporate Lobbyists in the Halls. If they refuse to attend and be present and participate, they should be fired, IMMEDIATELY. Corporations have no qualms about doing such for the unproducted. IMHO TYFYI
  • gumybare69 Jeok 2012/11/08 21:43:47
    gumybare69
    Hellz yah! It's a good thing we can vote them in or out of office, it's a bad thing they get such a long term.. I think they should run every year so we can judge their performance level like we do working for corporations.
  • Bob gumybare69 2012/11/18 19:09:04
    Bob
    Oh, how soon we forget. Shortly after getting in office in 2009, Obama told the GOP that he had won and they were going to do it his way. He negotiated with the GOP House in 2011 and then after that agreement on the debt deal, changed the terms he had agreed to and said it was the fault of the GOP. But still you and a majority voted for him. Even after all of his lies about Romney. The masses truly were dumb this year.
  • Deirdre 2012/11/07 17:54:16
    Romney
    Deirdre
    +3
    Why do people think they should marvel in Glory that Obama won? The truth is this election wasn't about republican or democrat in leadership but this election was about leadership and the future of this country. The deficit is a serious problem. People just want free stuff - free cell phones, free housing, free healthcare, free food, free paychecks all while they do not want to work.

So if you have a ridiculously high car payment, high credit card bills, go to dinner and buy things all the time and don't make enough money to pay for it all - should you go to a bank and get a loan so you can spend your way out of your debt?
  • Jeok Deirdre 2012/11/07 18:14:35
    Jeok
    +1
    Nothing is ever FREE! Cut up your credit cards, pay cash. When I was a kid, doctors were honorable, not businessmen. Hospitals were for the welfare of the public, not Corporations and bills were reasonable. Every neigborhood was self-sufficient: grocers, butchers, bakeries, all small businesses that extended weekly credit to their neighbors. Corporations, beginning with A&P destroyed all that, and began the spiralling downfall of American Middle Class. We can't have a Civil Conservation Corps because of Corporate Monoplies. Only one Corporation controls all eye glasses sales, worldwide! Walmart tells manufacturers what they will pay for products. This isn't Free Market. It's extortion! Wake up America. The leeches are on you backs sucking the life of the freedoms we used to enjoy. IMHO TYFYI Monopoly
  • Jeok Jeok 2012/11/07 18:21:02 (edited)
    Jeok
    +1
    It seems The KKK is alive and well on SodaHead. at least 526 members, or sympathizers, on here. IMHO TYFYI
  • Derbyhat Deirdre 2012/11/12 04:52:01
    Derbyhat
    +1
    Its all about accountability and personal self respect. The more Obama types pay the voters before hand with free phones and the things you mentioned, the more they look to increase their net worth with free stuff.

Its apparent that you can't mention the entitlement mindset without someone implying you are from the KKK and blaming it all on capitalism. We needed Civil Rights legislation in the '60s, but it was never meant to be a gravy train. The train has long been off the tracks, yet pushes on sucking the prosperity out of America!
  • Melissa 2012/11/07 17:47:58
    Obama
    Melissa
    +5
    Just goes to show how inacurate this website is; Obama won bitches!
  • Deirdre Melissa 2012/11/07 18:00:36
    Deirdre
    +5
    this is exactly the problem - the problem is not being able to work together. Not being able to come together. Not being able to have republicans and democrats work together. I guess it is just more of the same. It isn't about Obama winning or Romney losing - this isn't a game or some contest - it is about how can people work together and come together for the benefit of all. Your comment sums up the problem and the problem people have had with Obama
  • Jeok Deirdre 2012/11/07 18:25:19
    Jeok
    Too many people who depend on some jerks to do their thinking for them. Educated means you do research, glean facts and don't follow myths and fairytales some parasite tells you to BELIEVE. IMHO TYFYI
  • Melissa Deirdre 2012/11/08 13:12:17
    Melissa
    It was a joke, calm down.
  • Zuggi 2012/11/07 17:38:05
    Obama
    Zuggi
  • ilovemymac 2012/11/07 17:34:51
    Other
    ilovemymac
    Gary Johnson here. The only one who was good enough to be president. Excellent record in NM.
    Romney and obama are the same
  • Eddie_DOMA_is_dead 2012/11/07 17:21:05
  • Derbyhat 2012/11/07 17:14:02
    Romney
    Derbyhat
    +2
    U.S Code was thrown out the window in 2008 in favor of unaccountable regulation that will take away coal fired electrical generation. And you think oil is high now! Just wait!
  • Jeok Derbyhat 2012/11/07 17:38:57 (edited)
    Jeok
    Well, kick Corporate Asses: Dupont, BP, Exxon-All Petrochemical Crooks, et al. Henry Ford and Diesel made engines that would run on Hemp Oil, Ford did research on hemp fuel oil in 1935, but Oil Corporations, Dupont-among other Robber-Baron-Randolf Hearst, with his newspapers and his rape of out nationa forests to make paper [which was then made with recyclable Hemp] demonized Hemp for profit. And we as TOO STUPID AND BRAIN-WASHED, to get rid of these inhuman, artifical PEOPLE! Hemp cleans the soiil, is bio-degradable-recyclable, not-polluting, etc., but you let the sanctimonious Holy-Roller Right extort you out of your rights. Let small farmers grow hemp, stop corporateownership of seed for their Franken-Foods and poisionous animal fattening, and we will do away with the monolpolies of Multi-National Crookery. IMHO TYFYI Hemp 2
  • Dan der Mensch 2012/11/07 16:53:03
    Other
    Dan der Mensch
    I voted for the most conservative candidate I could find - Virgil Goode.
  • obama n... Dan der... 2012/11/09 17:28:05
    obama needs to go
    +1
    To all those that said : other (assuming u voted libatarian)

The other day you went and casted a vote for yes a better candidate then Obama and Romney. But essentially wasted a intelligent informed vote. Think of it this way. Who would fall right into you're view of personal responsability, think that social programs of all kinds are unconstitutional & the belief that government should provide security to our contry threw our military. Well for now the librarian candidates get a minimal amount of votes to bring any change. So instead of wasting a vote, contribut to the party that share similar views & people who live in real-ville which at this time is the republican party. By casting you're vote for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul, you mind as well pull the lever for Obama and the socialism of our country. Please think about it
  • Dan der... obama n... 2012/11/10 08:12:43
    Dan der Mensch
    To all those who voted Romney:

Why do you people always say a 3rd party vote, is a vote for Obama? Couldn't it also be considered a default vote for Romney?

How "intelligent" and "informed" is someone's vote, if after researching both of the major tickets, you realize neither one represents you - not in the slightest.

Romulans - you think my vote was wasted? Wrong - I voted for conservatism - you voted for Republicanism (note the capital "R"). If you proclaim to be conservative, but still voted for a guy who engineered gov't mandated healthcare (w/ taxpayer subsidized abortions), does NOT support repealing Obamacare, supports strict gun control, supports the Patriot Act and NDAA, believes in global warming and thinks the gov't should do something about it via Cap & Trade, is weak on illegal immigration and has a proven track record of taxing the hell out of businesses (both big and small) - then your "conservative" vote was the one wasted, not mine.

Sorry to say, you lack real conviction and are a GOP Waterboy, at best.
  • obama n... Dan der... 2012/11/10 14:58:49
    obama needs to go
    +1
    I say it because you aren't the normal turd Obama voter who couldn't tell me who the vice president is but wants to sit and argue with me/you whoever. But you know the facts & topics affecting this country and vote for someone who stands no chance. If we like minded conservatives stick together and slowly show the rest of this country that success isn't a bad thing as the liberal media now makes those who succeed out to be. And the way to success is threw being personally responsible, hard working and creative. And that The less government in our everyday lives is a great thing. Suppose Romney ran on being a super conservative, he would lose the rhino moderates vote & a lot of the independence vote, unfortunately it's not the 1920-30,40,50's were people could have personal convictions and morals without being called a far right wing candidate. Fact be, you could have voted for a much much more conservative person in Romney Then what we ended up with Obama and the socialism that's coming for us now.
  • Dan der... obama n... 2012/11/10 17:09:07
    Dan der Mensch
    You started this conversation with me - not the other way around.

True - I do know what this country is up against. It's got an entitlement mentality problem. Everyone wants a freebie. The biggest freebie/entitlement program to date, is Obamacare. Romney's only redeaming quality, for me (since he certainly wasn't pro-life), was that he was going to repeal it. But then he reneged on that as well, just a few months ago.

http://www.politico.com/polit...

Define a conservative success. If Romney had won, we'd still have gov't mandated healthcare (but possibly forced to pay for elective abortions), gun control and an identical foreign policy. Well I take that back, according to the third debate, Romney's foreign policy would've been worse. Regarding the Middle East, he was for "more economic development", "better education" (over there), "gender equality" (yeah, I'm sure the Islamos would love that) and finally, he believed that we had to "help these nations create civil societies". Now tell me, is that a conservative foreign policy? How much do you think that recipe for nation building would've cost?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politic...

True, if he were more conservative, then the RINO vote would've probably ran for the hills. Then again, they lack any real conviction of their ow...

http://www.politico.com/polit...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politic...

True, if he were more conservative, then the RINO vote would've probably ran for the hills. Then again, they lack any real conviction of their own, so it's safe to say they might've also just followed the "true conservative" herd. Who knows. But that's what being a real "leader" is all about. You take a stand, and convince others to follow you. Not the other way around (i.e. follow others to find where you should make your stand - which is really what was behind all of Romney's flip-flops).
  • Sam 2012/11/07 16:42:07
    Other
    Sam
    +1
    wanted to vote republican but i really dont trust romney, voted for goode
  • Mo 2012/11/07 16:41:58
    Romney
    Mo
    +3
    Freedom.
  • Bob 2012/11/07 16:01:36
    Romney
    Bob
    +1
    All I can say is that the masses surely were dumb this year.
  • Deirdre Bob 2012/11/07 17:58:01
    Deirdre
    +2
    Not so sure they are dumb as much as I think it is they are lazy and don't have the same pride in working as generations in the past. Seems to be this mindset that we should just keep on spending and tax the rich - but the rich can be taxed 100% of their income and we still can't cover the cost of our spending rate and bewilders me how this society that elected Obama is here saying: I need this and I want that and I don't care about my children or grandchildren but instead I am more interested in me - here and now.
  • irish 2012/11/07 15:50:25
    Other
    irish
    +2
    democracy ?? where??????????????????
  • obama needs to go 2012/11/07 15:17:38
    Romney
    obama needs to go
    +3
    SO don't blame me, Obama is gonna kill this country. Anyone know of any free market capitalist countries that us realist can goto?
  • TaxReti... obama n... 2012/11/07 15:22:50
    TaxRetirementFund
    +1
    Your not the only one. I say let the degenerates have this country. America is NOT a piece of land or a building. Or even the statue we hold so dear, its only concrete. America is where we are all together and free. And that sure as hell isn't a fema camp. We can start America over and do it right this time. To many people have died for our Constitution. They will fall with out us. We need now to prove that.
  • irish obama n... 2012/11/07 15:50:59
    irish
    +1
    try iceland. they have balls america doesn't.
  • Dan der... irish 2012/11/07 16:55:39
    Dan der Mensch
    +1
    Hahaha! Yeah but they're frozen balls, so I think that adds to their strength.
  • irish Dan der... 2012/11/07 17:06:13
    irish
    +1
    nah,its not that cold there.LOL
  • Deirdre obama n... 2012/11/07 18:02:53
    Deirdre
    +1
    As a small business owner - I have just started researching that information.
  • U Mad Bro? 2012/11/07 15:10:38
    Other
    U Mad Bro?
    +5
    Ron Paul
  • obama n... U Mad Bro? 2012/11/07 15:19:31
    obama needs to go
    Waste of a vote
  • U Mad Bro? obama n... 2012/11/07 15:41:23
    U Mad Bro?
    +3
    For you, not for me.
  • mich52 2012/11/07 15:04:19
  • Deirdre mich52 2012/11/07 18:04:33
    Deirdre
    +3
    I am curious....why is it that you voted for Obama? Just curious as to the reasons - not being personal but I am curious.
  • mich52 Deirdre 2012/11/07 19:29:21
  • kathy Deirdre 2012/11/08 01:54:22
    kathy
    right??! I too am really, very,very curious why people voted for obahma (hell I can't even spell his name right!) but yes WHY????and not some smart ass remark, I really want to know as well

2014/11/27 20:58:17