Oklahoma Shooting Spree! A Case for the Second Amendment and "Stand Your Ground"!!

Andrew 2012/04/10 19:05:16
I Would Be Rejoicing That Three Innocent Victims Lives Were Spared and That the Assailant Was Taken Out! Guns
I Would Have Wished That the Three Innocent Victims Had Died and the Criminal(s) Got a Fair Trial!
Other (please explain)!
I was grieved when a few short days ago, three people were killed and two others wounded in an apparent racially motivated shooting spree in Oklahoma! Two suspects have been arrested and are in jail with each having bail set at 9.2 million! I don't have much in the way of facts establishing their guilt or innocence and I will leave that for the courts to decide. I don't want to hold a trial for them on Sodahead as too much of that takes place already, but I wonder how many of you wish that one and particularly the first victim had been prepared and "stood their ground"?

• Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/04/11 06:33:38
    I Would Be Rejoicing That Three Innocent Victims Lives Were Spared and That t...
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
  • Andrew Brian T... 2012/04/11 07:41:26
    +1
    They just don't get it, do they?!
  • Brian T... Andrew 2012/04/11 08:07:39
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +1
    Never will. They can not see the forest, all they see are the trees they want to see.
    Every study that has been done proves that places with the most restrictive gun laws have the highest crime rates, especially violent crime rates, and that places that have the highest rate of armed citizens, have the lowest crime rates, especially violent crime. Interestingly enough, some of those studies were done by people who started out wanting to prove that guns were the problem, and when they saw the data, they changed their minds and their positions. Hard data does that with honest people. Hard data has no effect on people who have an agenda. It does not matter if it is guns, or health care, the people with the adenda have only one thing in mind, power.

Apart from the agenda people, there are people like James Brady's wife whose life (and certainly that of her husband's the most) have been turned upside down by a firearm. I have a great deal of latitude with people like that, they have suffered a great deal. If they are being used as useful idiots by the agenda people, the agenda people are who you still take on anyway.

Of course, the man who pulled the trigger, Hinkley, is still as crazy as a bed bug, and they are still talking about releasing him back into society, never mind hi...

Of course, the man who pulled the trigger, Hinkley, is still as crazy as a bed bug, and they are still talking about releasing him back into society, never mind his fun time out of the institution he already gets. And there in lies on of the biggest problems, mentally ill people who roam amongst us free. Many of the rampages with guns are done by people who would have been institutionalized 40 years ago, what does that tell you?

And of course, recidivism amongst criminals, who have been "rehabilitated" accounts for the lion's share of gun crime. Funny how gun control laws are the answer, and not a real hard look at the half baked psychology that puts the criminals back on the streets, and sets the seriously mentally ill free if they promise to take their meds.
  • Hank 2012/04/10 19:16:19 (edited)
    Other (please explain)!
    Hank
    +1
    Have not been able to find out much in the way of details, other than what the "news" media spews. These cowards more than likely used an ambush type of attack. I read the attacks took place "pre-dawn". They were using the "cover" of darkness to carry out their malicious deeds. I have also read the police have confessions, but we all know this vermin will probably recant and/or say the police beat them or coerced them in some other manner. Disgusting and despicable. Guess their families are really proud. LOSERS ! It's difficlut to "stand your ground" when you are not aware of the impending attack. Had the first victim known they were on the way and had the opportunity to defend himself, might have been a different outcome. Can't turn back the clock.
  • Andrew Hank 2012/04/10 19:41:49
    +2
    I know, the chances of returning fire would probably have been slim, but they are even slimer when you cannot carry! Or don't!
  • Hank Andrew 2012/04/10 19:44:59
    Hank
    +1
    I always carry, with the exception of when I shower. Even then I have one nearby. Once you have been shot at it really changes your perspective.
  • Andrew Hank 2012/04/10 19:49:50
    +2
    Been there!

2014/10/26 05:18:35