OK....It comes down to Al Gore or Hillary....Who do you support!

EagleEye 2007/10/14 03:56:25
Hillary for Democratic nominee
Al Gore for Democratic nominee
It's your choice now...who do you want>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2008/03/26 03:14:56
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    Al Gore is 100X the statesman that Hillary could ever dream of. He is a great leader who puts the future of our world above the petty political bickering that Hillary has immersed herself in. There is no contest. Unfortunately, Gore isn't running, Hillary is. So my vote is with Obama!
  • Tay 2008/02/04 22:40:08
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    Tay
    AL GORE! He would be the only one I would vote for over Hillary.
  • jahamilton143 2008/02/03 18:57:13
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    jahamilton143
    I'm actually undecided, but When Al Gore ran I voted for him, and now the choice between Gore and Clinton... I'm not sure but I'd probably end up voting for him....
  • sis 2008/02/02 14:07:51
    Hillary for Democratic nominee
    sis
    Al won't run if Hillary does well!!!!
  • cadgirl442008 2008/01/31 02:00:59
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    cadgirl442008
    At least our environment would be cared for. Anyone but her.
  • tickle_b 2008/01/29 16:33:15
    Hillary for Democratic nominee
    tickle_b
    I love Al, but he needs to be right where he is. He is a wonderfully effective spokesman for the Earth. Go Al!!!
  • sky shuters 2008/01/28 03:37:34
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    sky shuters
    I Trust Al Gore
  • Kimba 2008/01/27 07:43:51
    Hillary for Democratic nominee
    Kimba
    For all the Hillary supporters ..........keep it up!

For all the others here to complain or criticize...wake up!
    Close your eyes and try to picture Obama or Edwards in the White House...try to picture Obama or Edwards actually motivating Congress and the House to move on the issues before us...picture Obama or Edwards meeting with other world leaders -- how many of them do you think would actually take Obama seriously? And how effective do you actually think he could be in creating policy change? The fact is, picturing those things are not very easy to do....since neither one belongs there to begin with.

It amazes me that in an educated country such as ours, that the American people on a whole are so naive about what will actually happen to this country should Obama or Edwards make it into the White House...and even more naive are the Republican supporters.

Are any of you anti-Hillary bloggers out there actually awake and listening not only to the other candidates, but to yourselves???

Every one sees Hillary as this "unlikeable" persona; when the truth is she is simply no-nonsense, straightforward, experienced, ready, capable, and able to lead this country on a path to success. While many of her comments, as well as Mr. Clinton's have been blown way out of proportion by the m...''

'''""

'""'""

'

"""'"'

'

""""'&'""'

'''"'"""

''''''

""""""'

""''""

'

Every one sees Hillary as this "unlikeable" persona; when the truth is she is simply no-nonsense, straightforward, experienced, ready, capable, and able to lead this country on a path to success. While many of her comments, as well as Mr. Clinton's have been blown way out of proportion by the media and Obama and Edwards supporters, the truth is actually far more simplistic....Hillary's (and Bill's for that matter) is a quite simple one -- She is the ONLY candidate qualified to be in the White House; the ONLY candidate who actually listens to the people; the ONLY candidate who will stand strong and steady on the issues that matter most!

Does anyone out there really want a President who is fun, charming, and has a nice smile? If race, gender, social status, etc. shouldn't be issues in this election, then neither should likability. I personally would much rather have someone in the White House who I respect rather than necessarily like (although I think Hillary has been sold short on this issue as well); someone who isn't going to back down from tough choices and decisions just because there's pressure to do so; someone who will stand up for ALL of us, represent ALL of us, and work for ALL of us -- not just their "core" audience.

Experience is key in this election folks! Not to say that Obama doesn't have any potential -- but not NOW! This country is in too much turmoil for a "social experiment", and it's not like the Presidency has a "training program".

The bottom line is really this -- Bush and his administration have taken this country so far down the wrong path that there is really no turning back...only a chance to pave a new road to take us where we need to go. The ONLY candidate capable of that is Hillary, and those of you who don't see that are simply closing your eyes to the impending path of doom America will be set on if anyone else is elected.

You cannot fault Hillary for being resigned to changing the course of this country or her resolve to see it happen. Her "move-forward", "don't dwell on the past" approach is one all of us should consider. Yes, she conceeded defeat in SC tonight, and immediately moved on to Tennessee. For those of you criticizing that choice -- think about this -- would it do any good to sit in SC and dwell on it, or does it make more sense that she would move on to her next stop and try to take things in a more positive direction? If she were in the White House, and something doesn't go according to plan, would you rather her sit in the Oval Office with her head hung, or stand up straight and forge ahead with the task at hand?

Most people are simply not looking at the big picture here. Granted, this is an exceptionally emotionally charged election year -- but emotion is not going to get the job done --resolve, determination, stamina, insight, experience, and toughness are! Obama may be a nice guy -- so might Edwards -- but neither is strong enough to be the next president.

Most of us would probably agree that Bill wasn't the best husband, but did make a whole lot of progress during his time in the White House. Most of us also know that Hillary was right there - helping, advising, and guiding. That experience should account for something. Further, it shows the strength of her character that she would stand by her husband and family for the greater good of the American people, in a time when it would have been fairly easy to just walk away.

Do not mistake professionalism, strength, and resolve for "iciness" or "no heart". It's a known fact that most men (and even some women) are incredibly threatened by a smart, strong, resilient, powerful woman. In a race where she is outnumbered 10-1 (counting Dems & Rep.); and 2-1 in the Democratic race alone, is it any wonder she has been put in a position to define the distinct difference between herself and the other candidates -- that isn't "bashing" the other candidates in my opinion -- it's simply smart strategy to point out the differences between her policies and those of her opponents -- and in a race where the most minute difference in policy can make a huge difference, it would be irresponsible of her NOT to identify and exploit those differences.

Hillary showed the world tonight that this election is not just about one state (SC) when she immediately moved onto Tennessee; but about the country as a whole -- and the ultimate BIG PICTURE.

I challenge everyone out there who disagrees to try and do the same. I think you will find that it is often a very hard thing to do when so many insignificant, petty, things are being said to damage one person's reputation. Think about it rationally, separating it from your emotions completely -- ALL of Hillary's comments, when taken in the context they were said, were NOT personal attacks on any of her opponents -- they were simply statements of fact distinguishing the differences between her ideas, goals, and visions from those of her opponents. The other candidates, when their comments have been taken in context, HAVE been very personal, calculated, attacks on Hillary's character (i.e., "she's cold", "Has no heart", etc.). Faced with being attacked from all sides, by an all-male opposition, could you honestly say you could rise above it all, all the time? It certainly would prove the point of inhumanity if you could.

As far as Bill's comments (which have also been taken largely out of context by the media and opposition -- read the full text of Clinton's speech, and Obama's rebuttal if you haven't already), yes, he may have been slightly more outspoken than was necessary, or even warranted. However, his passion is admirable, and also needs to be seen in the true context it was intended -- not as a personal attack, but as a way of distinguishing Hillary's experience and strength from that of Obama. The fact is, he is right on point -- which is something Obama and Edwards have managed to steer the American people's attention away from with their responsive rhetoric.

Truly -- America as a nation, needs to wake up and see the facts and truths as they really are -- not the way we "hope" they will be, or "believe" they should be. We all have our visions of the "perfect" world...which I think we can all agree will probably never happen. The real question isn't who can make the country more perfect, but who can actually take action to bring about the changes needed to put us on a path of productivity?

America -- I urge you -- especially non-Hillary supporters and uncommitted Republicans -- think long and hard about this. This election is not just historical in the sense that we could elect a woman or African-American, but is historical because we face the most challenging issues we ever have and the highest debt we ever have. Read all the "fine print"... there is no easy way out of any of the situations that we currently face...it will take sacrifice and strength to secure our place in the World's economy again, and re-gain the World's respect. Remember the saying that "if it is to good to be true -- it probably is". In other words - buyers beware! It is going to take more than promises and hope to actually make the changes we need to make.

Hillary is the ONLY one committed to doing that; the ONLY one who has outlined plans to actually begin making those changes; the ONLY one who can look the American people in the eye when she talks (without a stupid southern grin on her face); the ONLY one who has already PROVEN that she can instill change; the ONLY one who is respected, revered, and taken seriously by her colleagues; the ONLY one who CAN and WILL actually take American in the right direction.

Think about it -- do you really want the good 'ol country boy (the Democratic version of George Bush), or the reserved, shy, inexperienced first-term Senator (the Democratic version of Dick Cheney) in the White House come 2009? OR do you want a strong, determined, experienced candidate who will speak for us ALL??

If your answer is the latter -- the Hillary Clinton is the ONLY logical, realistic choice for the Democratic nomination -- and the only candidate capable of making (and demanding) the changes we want to see in Wahington.
  • Betty boop Kimba 2008/01/31 05:16:15
    Betty boop
    Great Comment! Get the word out! Go Hillary!
  • Lynrdskynrdfan 2008/01/12 04:20:57
    Lynrdskynrdfan
    Both candidates would get my support. I think each is very qualified to do and handle the job of President. I mean considering what we have now any change is good.
  • HighTech ~ We have elected ... 2007/10/19 15:08:20
    HighTech ~ We have elected the Enemy
    Gun barrel in my mouth.
  • Ginjo 2007/10/18 22:09:03
    Ginjo
    Ummmm neither.
  • Griff 2007/10/18 20:14:44
    Griff
    I'm sorry. I can't even bring myself to write on this subject. It makes me sick to just think about it.

How 'bout Condi Rice????? Now there is one smart lady.
  • illachick 2007/10/17 21:32:04
  • Ginny 2007/10/16 23:53:14
    Ginny
    Sorry, I don't want either of these nominee's.
  • Gussie 2007/10/16 01:35:56
    Gussie
    the only choice was undecided...although i can say undoubtedly that i would fail to vote if these were the only choices. i'd just sit down and cry then hit my knees in persistant prayer!!!!
  • JefTex 2007/10/15 01:58:03 (edited)
    JefTex
    +1
    That's like asking do you prefer nightmares or night terrors?
  • HighTec... JefTex 2007/10/19 15:14:51
    HighTech ~ We have elected the Enemy
    +1
    More like do you prefer to be whacked in the nuts with a baseball bat, or whacked in the nuts with a golf club?
  • Glenda 2007/10/14 14:12:59
    Hillary for Democratic nominee
    Glenda
    +1
    Although I'm still baffled by my response
  • EagleEye Glenda 2007/10/14 19:12:46
    EagleEye
    +1
    Glenda...I'm baffled by my question!
  • Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas 2007/10/14 06:10:26
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +4
    NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reserve my choice to go into hiding and prepare for war....
  • Beks 2007/10/14 04:23:26
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    Beks
    +1
    I think he's a much stronger presidential candidate...with experience. I wouldn't vote for either, but I do pity the democratic presidential nominees.
  • Hank 2007/10/14 04:18:49
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    Hank
    +1
    From a practical standpoint and his time as V.P. this is an easy choice. Gives me a headache thinking about it, but it would be Al.
  • EagleEye 2007/10/14 03:57:48
    Al Gore for Democratic nominee
    EagleEye
    +1
    I could live with Al not Hillery
  • HighTec... EagleEye 2007/10/19 15:11:38
    HighTech ~ We have elected the Enemy
    Yeah, at least you can laugh at him. With Hillary, you would be too scared.

2014/11/27 08:10:00