OK conservatives are as dumb as the ones posting here.

Jimbo 2012/05/14 10:24:37
Like Sharron Angle's 2nd amendment solutions, like Rand Paul staffers knocking down and stomping a woman, like conservatives here that threaten violence, the ones in OK went at it at their convention.

"But as Oklahoma City NBC affiliate KFOR’s La’Tasha Givens reported on Saturday, Paul and Romney may have some work to do at grassroots level.

“It was an eventful day at the
Republican state convention,” she said. “And most of the discourse
lasted throughout the evening. We’re told the police had to get involved
when a 70-year-old Mitt Romney supporter punched a Ron Paul supporter
in the head after they disagreed on the vote.”

Givens backed up her report with
cell phone video that showed one woman claiming to have been struck by
another woman. She also interviewed the man that had claimed to have
been assaulted by the 70-year-old Romney supporter."

http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-supporters-ron-paul-partisa...

• WGN 2012/05/14 11:54:02 (edited)
    I agree
    WGN
    +17
    Basically, the conservatives are as passionate as anyone else about their issues. Just because they are also closed minded, ignorant, and out of touch with reality, makes their passion look (and be) just plain stupid.

This especially goes for the ones on SH who block yopu when you post the facts, change the subject when they have no argument and haven't the slightest clue as to the political history (and its implications) of the US.

• tommyg ... EdVenture 2012/05/15 01:32:08
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Compromise? Like the Executive Order to get Stupak and his blue dog Dems to vote for it? What ever happened to that?

Single payer? Please. That didn't go because the American people stood up. For those two years, Obama, Pelosi and Reid did as they well pleased.

And you're right...it's not in it's original form. Thank God for the Tea Party.
  • UrbanHi... EdVenture 2012/05/16 11:46:00
    UrbanHillbilly
    +1
    Actually, it was a compromise from the very beginning. This was the Republican responce to Clinton's initiative.
  • Bill G53 ~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/14 18:36:22
    Another opinion
    Bill G53  ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    As a Tea Party Express bus leaves Nevada for the trip across the country, Andrew Breitbart catches some violent Harry Reid supporters throwing eggs and even threatening him with violence.
    http://www.varight.com/news/s...

Democrats Send SEIU Thugs To Townhall Meeting, One Senior Couple Roughed Up By Union Goons
    http://www.godlikeproductions...

In the summer of 2009, with the health-care proposal being vigorously and vocally opposed by ordinary citizens at town hall meetings, president Obama called out his supporters to attend the meetings and challenge the opponents of his plan. Within one day of his call, union activists and other Democrat strong-arm operatives had attended meetings in Florida, St. Louis and elsewhere and intimidated and roughed up health-care opponents – several of them elderly
    http://www.redstate.com/nikit...

Maybe Oklahoma conservatives are using left-wing tactics and pushing back....
  • Mark P. 2012/05/14 18:35:27
    I disagree
    Mark P.
    +2
    No more so than liberals.
  • Jimbo Mark P. 2012/05/14 22:41:44
    Jimbo
    Not on this site.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/05/14 18:22:55
    I disagree
    HarleyCharley
    +2
    You are one of the sheeple....
  • Jimbo HarleyC... 2012/05/14 22:42:06
    Jimbo
    +1
    You are one of the name callers with nothing else.
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/05/14 18:21:20
  • AL Contard... 2012/05/14 23:08:14
    AL
    +1
    WE don't have to all agree- to care about our Country Comrade!
  • Contard... AL 2012/05/15 12:52:06
  • AL Contard... 2012/05/15 23:30:58
    AL
    99%?REALLY? So who are all the others working real jobs-when you occupy A** holes are cause troulbe then?
  • elijahomar496 2012/05/14 18:18:26
    I agree
    elijahomar496
    +2
    Yes!!! Couldn't say any better DUMB yes
  • SJG 2012/05/14 18:17:12
    I agree
    SJG
    +2
    OMG yes!
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/05/14 18:16:11
    Another opinion
    Rebel [SHP]
    +6
    Jimbo calling conservatives dumb. Irony apparently knows no bounds.
  • COCO Rebel [... 2012/05/14 19:20:14
    COCO
    +1
    Exactly.
  • AL COCO 2012/05/14 23:10:23
    AL
    +2
    Seems Jimbo here-only knows the meaning of Dumb- by his own life as a prime example perhaps?
  • COCO AL 2012/05/14 23:20:21
    COCO
    +1
    Like a mirror reflection.....
  • AL COCO 2012/05/14 23:43:17
    AL
    +2
    Jimbo only knows the meaning of Stupid -by living his whole life that way is all
  • Jimbo Rebel [... 2012/05/14 22:43:12
    Jimbo
    +1
    Where is the irony when the truth about SHCs gets posted. Looks like you have nothing to counter the post and try to baffle them with BS.
  • Rebel [... Jimbo 2012/05/14 22:50:31
    Rebel [SHP]
    +2
    Jimbo...we see you and your polls everyday. You can't weasel out of it. 99% of your polls are one sided, biased, and mostly complete BS. So you have nothing to counter with either, and compared to me, you spread BS everyday, multiple times a day. Your excuse is laughable at best. Irony is applicable, sorry, you made it so.
  • jackie 2012/05/14 18:09:33
    I agree
    jackie
    +2
    Maybe they are the ones posting on here :p
  • Jimbo jackie 2012/05/14 22:43:26
    Jimbo
    A few for sure.
  • Alien Ramone 2012/05/14 17:56:34
    Another opinion
    Alien Ramone
    +5
    People need to learn to see people as individuals and not groups. Just because one or some in a group do something, it doesn't mean that all do.
  • Rebel [... Alien R... 2012/05/14 18:16:53
    Rebel [SHP]
    +5
    Good one. I feel the same.
  • Jimbo Alien R... 2012/05/14 22:43:55
    Jimbo
    Some is a group. Not a majority but a group.
  • Alien R... Jimbo 2012/05/14 22:54:39
    Alien Ramone
    They are individuals and their actions reflect on themselves, not other individuals that are a part of any group they are in. If you just want to deal with semantics, "some" could refer to a majority.
  • Nameless 2012/05/14 17:55:11
    Another opinion
    Nameless
    +6
    I think posting such an inflammatory question is pretty ignorant. There are dumb people everywhere and is not confined to a specific group.
  • Cliff 2012/05/14 17:50:14
    I disagree
    Cliff
    +5
    Oklahoma is okay. Liberals are sickos.
  • Jimbo Cliff 2012/05/14 22:44:23
    Jimbo
    Thanks for proving the point of those that agree.
  • Cliff Jimbo 2012/05/14 23:02:40
    Cliff
    +1
    The obvious requires no proof except for liberal sickos but they don't get it anyway so why even bother?
  • chgo 2012/05/14 17:47:34
    I agree
    chgo
  • Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/05/14 17:32:33
    Another opinion
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +6
    I don't think that MOST "Conservatives" are dumb, they are just ignorant. Because they support NEO-Conservative ideologies and not true conservative thought. the expectation of government enforcement of social policy clearly shows they aren't real conservatives. And the fact that MOST of them still support the republican party who's track record on fiscal conservatism is a joke, proves this as well.

So please speak in the proper context when making statements about "conservatives". Most of us are extremely sane and much more well versed regarding politics than your average liberal as to what is really going on in this country.
  • Jimbo Steve ☮... 2012/05/14 17:53:02
    Jimbo
    +1
    You have the 2 choices of the connected and the very connected government to the special interests. IMO progressives move slowly forward, conservatives slam you backward. The last slam was the great recession, a severe jolt. S&L failure and the 90-91 recession shook you.
  • UrbanHi... Steve ☮... 2012/05/16 12:46:19
    UrbanHillbilly
    Real conservatives have always been a small minority. The political divide has, at least since the French Revolution, between Right and Left, originally land owners and tenants, or haves verse have nots. Since there are always fewer rich than poor, the political left has always enjoyed an advantage in numbers.

To overcome this basic advantage, propaganda has to be used. People with reasonably good jobs have to be convinced that they are in with the "haves," while the "have nots" are just wealfare recipients. From there, wedge issues have to be developed, that have nothing to do with property rights. Gay marriage, abortion, and other issues that iritate people, but insert the government where it doesn't belong have to dominate political discussion to detract from the central issues.

With a left wing dominated government, rents would be lower and all sorts of privately delivered services would be made less expensive, through regulation and controlling monopolies. Most electrical utilities are privately owned monopolies which cannot enjoy advantage of private ownership, so having the government buy them out would serve only to save customers the 15% guarentied profit. This isn't to say that everything would be perfect. With too much power on any one side, distructive regulations would be imposed. Just where we are on the spectrum is a matter of opinion.
  • Libertys Martyr 2012/05/14 17:18:22
    I agree
    Libertys Martyr
    +4
    What does conservative even mean in an age where Bill Clinton technically has been the most "conservative" president in the lifetime of people my age?

Unless the GOP accepts the liberty movement they really are just an empty vessel that pushes THEIR version big government every time they get in office.
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/14 16:53:17
    Another opinion
    Andy Fletcher
    +1
    There is one Oklahoman posting in this thread and it happens to be me. You guys can say what you want to from out of state, but you don't have a clue. Both sides of the aisle work very hard for the betterment of our state. For the most part our cons scream right and dems scream left, and the bill comes out in the middle to the betterment of our citizens. Just don't ask me how Imhoffe keeps getting re elected. I've had interactions with the man and I'll vote the most crackpot radical that comes along to oppose him. But you can't take two idiots at a state republican convention and apply their actions to all OK politicians or all conservatives in general. There are idiots on both sides of the aisle across the nation and that is why I'm registered independent. Yes, the cons have spit out a few dumb ass social bills, but the courts are handling them.
  • Jimbo Andy Fl... 2012/05/14 17:59:26
    Jimbo
    +3
    One side it seems has more idiots than the other. Example is the big WH deal Speaker Boehner could not sell. 3.3 trillion in spending cuts gone because it had 800 billion in revenue. The lack of compromise is pronounced. There is no Reagan/O'Neill compromise. No knock on all the people in OK, comparing the 2 idiots to many (not all) conservatives on this site. Most conservatives I personally know are good family people like myself. They are usually a bit more left than the GOP especially on the social issues more than fiscal. They all think protecting tax shelters, lower taxes on outsourced income proposed by the GOP is stupid. They also think cutting back on waste is not in the Dems vocabulary.
  • Andy Fl... Jimbo 2012/05/14 19:18:13
    Andy Fletcher
    +1
    Well, the way the statement is worded, it was. I've read enough on here from both sides to have made a safe assumption it was meant as it is written. I've been blocked from both sides, likely because I fairly fit into the the representation you presented. Personally, I'd just as soon we dump the entire tax code and move to a national sales tax. Or a flat tax, or the fair tax plan of several years ago with the pre-bate to everyone. There is no reason for our federal tax code to be over 100 pages. All income is income and it should be all taxed at the same rate, or taxed by what is spent. We should never spend more than what we take in, and the fed should not spend a single dime that is not authorized by the Constitution. Ehh, I could go on for pages and it's all probably a pipe dream until folks start doing their own research and not leaving it up to the MSM, left or right, to tell them what is going on. They need to personally check whatever sources they get information from and ask "what is their REAL motivation for putting this out there?" and then cross check it. They need to read every bill on their ballots and know who they are voting for. I never thought I would say this, but if they can't be bothered to that, I wish they would just keep their asses home on election day....
    Well, the way the statement is worded, it was. I've read enough on here from both sides to have made a safe assumption it was meant as it is written. I've been blocked from both sides, likely because I fairly fit into the the representation you presented. Personally, I'd just as soon we dump the entire tax code and move to a national sales tax. Or a flat tax, or the fair tax plan of several years ago with the pre-bate to everyone. There is no reason for our federal tax code to be over 100 pages. All income is income and it should be all taxed at the same rate, or taxed by what is spent. We should never spend more than what we take in, and the fed should not spend a single dime that is not authorized by the Constitution. Ehh, I could go on for pages and it's all probably a pipe dream until folks start doing their own research and not leaving it up to the MSM, left or right, to tell them what is going on. They need to personally check whatever sources they get information from and ask "what is their REAL motivation for putting this out there?" and then cross check it. They need to read every bill on their ballots and know who they are voting for. I never thought I would say this, but if they can't be bothered to that, I wish they would just keep their asses home on election day. I saw the notion of compromise leaving the GOP during senior's campaign, and that's when I left the GOP behind. NWO and thousand points of light my ass. When they went after Clinton the way they did, that sealed the deal for me. The dems have gone so far left (the politicians and MSM) I can't stomach them, but I did well during the Clinton years. And I can't compromise on the things I have right leaning positions on so I'm kind left without representation. Not that it matters. They don't do what we want them to anyway. I am thinking about re-registering as GOP so I can at least have a say in how primaries go, but it will be very hard for me to sign the form to do it. As far as this site goes, I've only been here about 6 weeks and I am more than tired of these questions asked, "are cons douches", "are libs douches" and the then the poll choices are "yes they are" and "no they eat babies" and there is no other or undecided choice. It's disingenuous, tiresome, fosters hate, childish, and just plain stupid.
  • Jimbo Andy Fl... 2012/05/14 22:46:54
    Jimbo
    +1
    The Federal tax code is 16,000 pages long. The rulings are 70,000 pages long. It was written for special interests to use their lawyers, accountants and clout to not pay taxes. GE has over 900 accountants, lawyers, lobbyists. Joe the plumber has his accountant. One pay 30% or better of his income, the other carries forward a tax credit.
  • bob 2012/05/14 16:37:13
    I agree
    bob
    +1
    Conservative are as blind, deaf, dumb and uninformetd as they want to be

2014/08/01 03:48:08