Ohioans’ food stamp aid to be reduced starting in January

jt 2012/11/12 20:08:39
Related Topics: Election, Food, 2012

• bill 2012/11/12 22:22:01
    Election is over...
    bill
    +17
    WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE
    Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best.

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you wil...

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

• Navin Johnson (The Jerk) 2012/11/20 12:07:05
    Election is over...
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    they're only going to reduce them by 50 bucks a month,it's time to start weening people off of them.
  • Navin J... Navin J... 2012/11/20 12:11:12
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    and i know of plenty who are on them who have cable TV,and the net. some also have addictions...tobacoo and drugs. if they want to eat,i suppose they can give up some of that stuff.
  • User Deactivated 2012/11/15 01:29:31
    It can't happen...
    User Deactivated
    Cell phones are nutritious,,, and delicious!!!

yum
  • SuckerPunch 2012/11/13 23:41:09
    Election is over...
    SuckerPunch
    +1
    How could Obama allow this to happen? The state went to him in 2012! People deserve their handout.
  • Jean 2012/11/13 15:47:27
    Election is over...
    Jean
    +2
    ... and the great state of Ohio voted for the status quo - which includes so few people working that the state's food stamp budget is maxed out. I wonder if the Obamaphone woman will thank the Prez for imposing a weight loss program on her and her fellow Ohioans.
  • kathy Jean 2012/11/14 00:28:42
    kathy
    +1
    I hear ya! I live in ohio, and even here in the Country...........
  • Mark P. 2012/11/13 12:28:14
    Election is over...
    Mark P.
    +2
    Jokes on them now isn't it.
  • Donn Wright 2012/11/13 08:05:17
    Donn Wright
    +1
    Bravo to this young lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last is the best. Allowing people who feed at the public trough the ability to vote for more free benefits is how we got in this mess and how that sorry P.O.S. Obama got re-elected. That and the GOP hand picking the weakest candidate they could find to run against the President with the worst record in the Country's history.

I'd bet dollars to dog turds that if her suggestions were enacted, the welfare roles would drop like a rock. Never happen as long as the welfare class gets to vote though. They are smart enough to game the system and smart enough to vote for the person who offers them the most free stuff.
  • Walt 2012/11/13 07:03:22
    Election is over...
    Walt
    +3
    0bama got his votes, now it's time for those bennies to start dwindling. Next, they'll have to start paying for their own cell phone minutes.
  • Cat 2012/11/13 05:27:28
    Cat
    +1
    The amount of food stamps given each recipient was greatly reduced LAST YEAR in PA.
  • eyes wide open 2012/11/13 03:44:36
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/13 02:50:32
    Election is over...
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Remember obaaaama saying that the elderly should take a pain pill instead of getting their needed surgery? Thought he wasn't serious? LOL, liberals would follow Jim Jones to Guyana TWICE.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/11/13 02:31:01
    Election is over...
    Swampdog PWCM
    +6
    Obama won, now everybody loses! Starting with the welfare losers!
  • redhorse29 2012/11/13 02:18:05
    Election is over...
    redhorse29
    +2
    I am all in favor of cutting their food stamps, welfare and length of unemployment payments. Also more coal and industrial jobs should be eliminated by the EPA and other regulatory agencies. Then additional taxes should be applied to those still working and companies still in business.
  • rebel.girl 2012/11/13 02:09:04
    Election is over...
    rebel.girl
    +4
    looks like they will get what they voted for.
  • cheetahlover156 2012/11/13 01:33:23
    cheetahlover156
    +2
    They voted for him, their problem.
  • Helmholtz 2012/11/13 01:27:45
    Helmholtz
    Sad.
  • saturdayschild 2012/11/13 00:42:19
    Election is over...
    saturdayschild
    +3
    America is going to hell slowly but surely. Too many of us want luxuries without paying for it. These benefits are not being grabbed out of the air.
  • frankie 2012/11/13 00:39:11
    Election is over...
    frankie
    +4
    oh my the blacks are going to see what they voted for bet your ass the phones will be gone too. well so much for the lying bozo. he will take care of you. lol. But really I do feel bad for the ones that lost their jobs because of him. I was just letting the blacks know they voted for a bummer.
  • hippie.chic (>‿◠)✌ 2012/11/13 00:37:38
    Election is over...
    hippie.chic (>‿◠)✌
    +4
    I hope the rest of America follows their lead.
  • Walt hippie.... 2012/11/13 07:05:16
    Walt
    It's part of a federal program, so you will likely see your wish come true.
  • Beagle Mom 2012/11/13 00:28:50
    Election is over...
    Beagle Mom
    +3
    Wait till they can't get medical treatment. Sadly this is what the country voted for.
  • ed 2012/11/13 00:24:42
    It can't happen...
    ed
    I picked it can't happen purely for sarcasm.I wonder how many more states will cut back.
  • nerak611 2012/11/12 23:36:14
    Election is over...
    nerak611
    +2
    In Ohio.
  • frankie nerak611 2012/11/13 00:42:02
    frankie
    +2
    yeah in ohio the dumb jerks that voted him in. but it won;t be just ohio. other states will follow. barry spent the money. we are BROKE. GOING OVER THE FISCAL CLIFF. NO STOPPING IT. THE MIDDLE EAST HAVE OUR MONEY. THANK YOU DEMOCRATS ONE AND ALL.
  • AL frankie 2012/11/13 07:12:52 (edited)
    AL
    FYI Our own Border agents are taking a wage cut now as well in fact!
  • AL nerak611 2012/11/13 05:46:20
    AL
    +1
    WOW! It seems Obamas nanny state tit is already drying up now anyway!
  • Thor American EXPAT n New G... 2012/11/12 23:33:01
    Election is over...
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +7
    HAHAHAHAhahahahah Elections have consequences isn't that what Obooboo said?
  • AL Thor Am... 2012/11/13 07:14:12
    AL
    +1
    He sure did, yet his useful little idiots where just to dumb to believe it anyway
  • eenja.olson 2012/11/12 23:25:20
    Election is over...
    eenja.olson
    +9
    This is just the beginning. There will have to be more cuts on government handouts and there will be a lot of angry people because of that just like in Greece. That's what Romney kept on telling Americans, the government must not increase taxes and decrease regulations so that small businesses grow to creat jobs so that people will have means to feed themselves.
  • Georgia50 eenja.o... 2012/11/12 23:34:59
    Georgia50
    +2
    Looks like we need to open a store together: Angry Mob Supplies
  • frankie Georgia50 2012/11/13 00:43:27
    frankie
    +2
    WHAT THAT MEANS IS MORE THUGS OUT ROBBING AND SHOOTING. BARRY HAS MADE A HORNET NEST AND IT;S READY TO BREAK OPEN.
  • AL frankie 2012/11/13 07:17:03
    AL
    No wonder they call him Obee then!
  • ed eenja.o... 2012/11/13 00:28:14
    ed
    It's to late for that now the damage has been done and they will start feeling it any minute now.
  • AL eenja.o... 2012/11/13 07:15:50
    AL
    Are border agents are also taking a wage cut now as well! Go Obee go!
  • Speaker of the Mind 2012/11/12 23:25:10
    Election is over...
    Speaker of the Mind
    +3
    Did Obama's speeches sound good? Smooth Operator, yeah he is. I didn't vote for him!
  • sbtbill 2012/11/12 23:04:08
    sbtbill
    Thanks I'll be writing to my Representative and Senators to work on solving this problem. We need to liberalize things like food stamps not tighten rules.
  • ed sbtbill 2012/11/13 00:29:38
    ed
    +2
    and just how do you suppose obama and the democrats do that?
  • frankie ed 2012/11/13 00:45:52
    frankie
    +1
    ILMAO/OU THINK THEY CARE. THE FAT CATS IN WASHINGTON HASN;T A CARE IN THE WORLD. WE ARE JUST POOR ASS PEOPLE THAT WON;T HAVE WHAT WE NEED TO GET BY ON.. IDIOTS OXYMORANS AND EMPTY HEADS. THE BARRY PEOPLE.
  • ed frankie 2012/11/13 09:34:19
    ed
    I know the politicans don't care we have set them up for life while we struggle every damn day

2014/10/25 03:06:05