Ohio Republicans On Par With The Taliban?

sodabox 2012/03/08 13:54:15

+3
    I'm not from Ohio, and I just happen to register as a Republican to try to reform it from within. But neither they nor we:

1. Fly airplanes into buildings, or tolerate or shelter those who do.

2. Kill our wives or daughters for some pretended violation of "family honor."

3. Keep to a holy book that tells us to fight and kill everyone who disagrees with us.

On the other hand, we do not gin up phony documents, either, nor defend them with despicable innuendo.

• American Reformed 2012/03/08 14:49:17
    American Reformed
    +1
    His premise is unsupportable. To claim that the "American Ideal" is that the correct answer to the poll question is "Not at All" is an illogical statement. It is an opinion poll. Opinions are not right or wrong, they are simply opinions. It's similar to asking if you prefer vanilla or chocolate. I personally do not trust an individual who can separate his faith from any other portion of his life and would not knowingly vote for them as to me this type of individual is disingenuous. But again that is simply my opinion. So all you vanilla preferrers I say this, you are wrong.

Blessings Upon You
  • sodabox America... 2012/03/08 15:05:05
    sodabox
    +1
    The country was founded on secular principles because the founding fathers saw the mistake that England had made by having a official government sponsored church. To care what religion a politician has is a throwback to having a state church.
  • America... sodabox 2012/03/08 15:26:49
    American Reformed
    Actually it was founded on the idea that the individual has the right to self (read John Locke) Part of having the right to self is the idea that no religion should be promoted by a secular government that much is true. However having a right to self also means having the right to cast your vote based upon whatever criteria you chose is important. Acknowledging that the State should not recognize a State religion is not synonymous with not considering a candidate's religion when voting. Your argument is illogical in that respect. The entire congress could for example be comprised of Roman Catholics. That however would not make Roman Catholicism the State Religion of the United States.

Blessings Upon You
  • sodabox America... 2012/03/08 22:33:13
    sodabox
    No, by allowing it to be normal to ask a candidate their religion and expect a response makes it much more difficult for someone from a minority religion to get elected. Just like when hiring and employee, such a question should be out of bounds.
  • America... sodabox 2012/03/09 00:17:49
    American Reformed
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, fortunately more reasonable laws exist. If I were to ask such a question and the candidate refuse to answer it they certainly would not earn my vote and I would make it clear to everyone I could that the individual refused to answer the question. There are specific religions which most certainly would not garner my vote and as a voter I have a right to ask the question just as the individual has the right to refuse to answer it.

Blessings Upon You
  • sodabox America... 2012/03/09 01:02:16
    sodabox
    Just because it is legal doesn't make it American, it is anti-American to ask their religion.
  • America... sodabox 2012/03/09 13:28:40
    American Reformed
    Again that is merely your opinion. You of course are entitled to it and I would never advocate that you not be permitted to voice it, but I think it is clearly wrong.

Blessings Upon You
  • Seonag 2012/03/08 14:39:19
    Seonag
    +1
    LOL --- MSNBC has decided they have the right to decide who made the correct choice in a poll question. Talk of biased reporting!
  • sodabox Seonag 2012/03/08 15:05:43
    sodabox
    To care what religion a politician has is a throwback to having a state church.
  • Seonag sodabox 2012/03/08 16:07:02
    Seonag
    No, it isn't. There is no legal nor Constitutional ban on having a personal opinion on religion, or anything else - including politics, and whether or not those personal opinions influence how you vote.
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/03/08 14:19:06
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    That is so much BS, that I don't know where to start. If anyone of you think that the liberals, socialists and communists are going to set all of you free, you had better think again. You are exchanging your freedom for "DEMOCRACY". If this continues, you will all be slaves of this government.
  • sodabox GINGERB... 2012/03/08 14:20:42
    sodabox
    And you want us to exchange our freedom for security, which will end up with neither.
  • GINGERB... sodabox 2012/03/08 16:23:18
    GINGERBREAD
    WTF are you talking about? This idiot is talking drivel. You know and I know that he is comparing apples and peaches. Religious "BIGOTRY"? Does this liberal "PIN HEAD" really knows what he is talking about? Let's look at what's happening to us. This FAKE MESSIAH is forcing, yep, I said "FORCING" every religious entity to forego all their religious beliefs, because of WHAT? So that women can get "FREE" birth control medication, including abortificants. No one is preventing women from getting anything. Most of us, clear thinking individuals, are just saying they should "PAY" for it. You know and I know that this is just a "RED HERRING" that these liberal, socialists and communists are dragging in front of us, so that we don't talk about the real problem. And the real problem we have is the ECONOMY, STUPID. That's all we should be talking about in this election. Nothing else.
    +3

• sodabox Temlako... 2012/03/08 14:22:10
    sodabox
    But the GOP will start dropping bombs on people's heads in s "pre-emptive" war and illegally occupy other's lands.
  • Temlako... sodabox 2012/03/08 14:23:24
    +1
    Three thousand murders are quite sufficient casus belli.
  • hari 2012/03/08 14:08:00
    hari
    +2
    only one word when we compare with Taliban who are radical

NONSENSE

we are the civilized people with some sense and difference of opinion for perspective may prevail does not mean we turned to be Radical like Taliban
  • sodabox hari 2012/03/08 14:23:36 (edited)
    sodabox
    +1
    Civilized enough to start two illegal wars both lasting longer then WWII.
  • hari sodabox 2012/03/08 14:26:23
    hari
    not started within last 3 yrs ? its 9 yrs old ? and policy once adopted can never be shelved till result comes ?
  • Seonag sodabox 2012/03/08 14:41:48
    Seonag
    What two wars? Are you referring to the NATO/UN action in Afghanistan? Or maybe the UN action in Iraq? I know, let's get out of both organization and then we don't have to do their military work for them. That would be okay with me!
  • Stryder 2012/03/08 14:00:33
    Stryder
    Lawrence O'Donnell? Does anyone even watch his show?

2014/04/21 04:47:10