Ohio blocks planned parenthood from receiving funding for HIV testing and cancer Screenings, and domestic violence services. Was this a good thing?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/22 12:46:46
Republican state representatives in Ohio slipped an amendment into the
state's substitute budget bill on Tuesday that puts family planning
clinics like Planned Parenthood at the bottom of funding priorities and
blocks them from receiving funding for cancer screenings and HIV and
domestic violence services.

planned parenthood

Defunding Planned Parenthood through Ohio's budget bill is a way for GOP
lawmakers to pass the measure without having to vote on a separate
bill, which would likely cause controversy.

The amendment further prohibits federal funds from the Minority HIV/AIDS
Initiative, the Violence Against Women Act, the Breast and Cervical
Cancer Mortality Prevention Act and the Infertility Prevention Project
from going to Planned Parenthood or any other family planning clinic
that provides abortions.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/war-on-pl...

• Evil 1 2012/04/22 13:26:32
    This is a good thing.
    Evil 1
    +12
    Planned Parenthood is a corrupt, politically controlled, politically motivated organiztion operating und the guise of a non-profit organization. I don't feel they should receive any Federal funding. The money should go to non-profit organizations providing the same services who are not motivated by politics. But then again good luck finding one.

• No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/04/22 15:24:16
    This is a good thing.
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    "and blocks them from receiving funding for cancer screenings and HIV and
    domestic violence services.'

What I have noticed is everytime the Republicans try to block funding for Planned
    Parenthood, which is aimed at limiting their funds for abortions. the Liberals identify it as
    liniting PP's.money for their lesser services like HIV testing, cancer Screenings, and domestic violence services. Why is it that Planned Parenthood always chooses to
    limit these life saving servicrs and not not the life taking service of abortions?

Is that honest of the Democrats/Planned Parenthood to say they can't provide their
    ser vices like HIV testing, breast exams and helping domestic violence victims and
    continue to still provide their major service which is ABORTIONS?

One would think they would prioritize and would continue to provide rhese lifesaving services for women. Abortion is legal and Planned Parenthood receives funding from private donations, many from Liberals who actually support abortion; so it is reasonable
    to have them use private donations for abortions instrad of federal grants, which include tax money from many who do not support abortion.

Again I say, "is that honest"? and therefore are the assumptions presented in this
    poll question honest?
  • Ferηαηd... No nons... 2012/04/22 15:30:01
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    +3
    By law, they aren't able to use government funding towards their abortion services which only represents 3 percent of all the services they provide.

Every time funding is blocked or cut from Planned Parenthood, it makes it more difficult to provide the costly services they do for women. This isn't just about abortions.
  • No nons... Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 15:33:07
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    "abortion services which only represents 3 percent of all the services they provide."

YOUR SOURCE?
  • Ferηαηd... No nons... 2012/04/22 15:37:35 (edited)
  • No nons... Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 19:45:31
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    The ultra- liberal Fact check funded by the Ultra-Liberal Annenberg Foundation is not a reliablspurce for checking facts Sorry, nice try but no cigars!

fact check

fact check
  • D D No nons... 2012/04/22 15:49:23
    D D
    +1
    I have called up looking for real health service like cancer screening and getting female health check and they didn't offer it.
  • Assassi... No nons... 2012/04/22 15:32:08
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    No pay attention. This time they did block specific funding for the services mentioned. Did you bother to read it?

he amendment further prohibits federal funds from the Minority HIV/AIDS
    that provides abortions.

Ask yourself is it honest that they cut funding for these things instead of doing what they really want to do which is making abortion illegal. If they want abortion stopped quit being cowards and make it illegal. This is cowardice to allow them to receive money for abortion but not for HIV and Cancer screenings.

Before you make anymore lame assumptions about the poster of this question. I am strictly pro-life. I am sick of the back door cowardice. They should do what they really want to do which is make abortion illegal, then planned parenthood can continue with other health services.
  • No nons... Assassi... 2012/04/22 16:04:36
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    "Before you make anymore lame assumptions about the poster of this question"

That article is not the amendment itself, but is a Liberal's interpretation of the amendmenr.
    Poat the amendment abd I will read it.

You say You are pro life, and it may amaze you that I AM PROCHOICE.......always have been. I have two adopted children and will forever be grateful that each of their mothers
    were prolife, or at least, they chose not to abort my sons. BUT I would never expect
    a mother to carry a child just so I could be a mother.

What I expressed was a reaction to the usual tactic Democrats use when Planned
    Parenthood funds are cut, which is to cite that women will lose services like
    cancer screening, etc,. and I stand by my statement.
  • CAPISCE Assassi... 2012/04/22 16:17:15
  • Defend ... No nons... 2012/04/22 16:36:48
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    planned parenthood does not do screenings for cancer they do referrals
    this poll is a scam
  • Assassi... Defend ... 2012/04/22 16:46:09
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    That is not so. You are lying. period.

http://www.plannedparenthood....
    This is a good thing.
    +4
    One has to understand the populous of the state - Planned parenthood has become another ACORN
  • Assassi... Mike 2012/04/22 15:23:12
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    The populous of the state?
  • Defend ... Mike 2012/04/22 16:39:38
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    planned parenthood is part of the liberals plan to ease the "over population" problem and is another form of the Negro Project Sanger started to wipe out the Non Aryans
  • relic 2012/04/22 15:11:35
    This is a good thing.
    relic
    +4
    The governments didn't fund the Mafia, why shoud we fund Planned Parenthood to commit murder?

Please don't counter with "they do so many other things" crap, Abortions is their reason to exist.
  • Assassi... relic 2012/04/22 15:17:03
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Then why not ban abortions instead of attacking cancer and HIV?
  • CAPISCE Assassi... 2012/04/22 16:35:09
    CAPISCE
    +4
    Very good point but I think P.P. would dissolve without the ability to do abortions---the people backing P.P. have one purpose in mind and that's to promote abortions.
  • D D CAPISCE 2012/04/22 17:25:22
    D D
    +1
    Indeed they would.
  • Ferηαηd... relic 2012/04/22 15:22:11
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    +3
    "Abortions is their reason to exist."

-Abortions represent only 3 percent of the total services they provide.

"The governments didn't fund the Mafia, why shoud we fund Planned Parenthood to commit murder?"

-By law, government funding cannot be used towards abortion services.
  • Defend ... Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 16:40:15
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    so you can back up your claims with a Trustworthy source?
  • relic Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 18:22:22
    relic
    +1
    In 2010, PP reported they did 329,445 abortions. That would be closer to 34~38%. They also reported that the organization generates 38.4% of its clinic revenues from performing abortions.

Feb 23, 2011 – A new Planned Parenthood report the national abortion business ... of the abortion industry to 27.6 percent of all abortions done annually.

All funding goes into a money pot. No records are kept on what it is spent on.
  • D D relic 2012/04/22 15:51:15
    D D
    +2
    Abortion is a biggie for them but they do birth control as well. Not much more.
  • Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of ... 2012/04/22 15:06:05
    This is very bad.
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    +4
    This is disgusting. Do people not understand that abortions are such a small percentage of the services that Planned Parenthood provides? Not everyone can afford or get access to the other valuable services they offer to women. Though I am a male, this gets me upset because my mother battled with breast cancer and other women should be able to receive necessary and free cancer screenings!
  • Lady Wh... Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 15:23:20
    THANKIES!!!
  • D D Ferηαηd... 2012/04/22 15:53:12
    D D
    I have tried to get legit health services from them and they do not offer it.
  • Mark5610 2012/04/22 15:05:19
    This is a good thing.
    Mark5610
  • Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch... 2012/04/22 14:56:54
    This is very bad.
    Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch of PHAET!~Badass Incarnate~
    +4
    There's some places where that is literally the only place to go and to do such simply because of their beliefs on abortion... wow.

If someone dies because they couldn't get what they needed from Planed Parenthood, that blood is on your hands, whoever supports this.

And no, I'm not Pro-Choice or Pro-Life.
  • kmay 2012/04/22 14:52:12
    This is a good thing.
    kmay
    +3
    PP is corrupt and political cronies are supporting them.
  • Pat 2012/04/22 14:47:44
    This is very bad.
    +6
    Calling all women. Tell your mothers, your sisters, your daughters, aunts, grandmothers and any other women you possibly can to be sure to GET AND VOTE IN NOVEMBER!!! If they need rides or help understanding the issues help them get what they need. Take them to the polls if you have to. This election will be decided by WOMEN!!! We must take ownership of getting everyone out to vote!!! You GO GIRLS!
  • Lady Wh... Pat 2012/04/22 15:24:04
    +1
    WELL SAID!!!!
  • CAROLYN... Pat 2012/04/22 17:31:11
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +1
    I'm with you on that!
  • voice_m... Pat 2012/04/22 18:18:56
    voice_matters
    +1
    please help me understand the issues. you claim the planned parenthood is a group that only treats women? can you explain how can we allow an organization that doesn't treat men be allowed to get funded by taxpayers?
  • Pat voice_m... 2012/04/22 19:31:29
    I doesn't only treat women. It also treats men for conditions related to their sexual health. Go their website for more info.
  • voice_m... Pat 2012/04/22 20:47:06 (edited)
    voice_matters
    +1
    so no war on women there thanks

thanks for showing you can not deal with the issues
  • Pat voice_m... 2012/04/22 20:50:24
    You must be so proud of your quick but totally wrong comeback.
    Thanks for showing your ignorance.
  • voice_m... Pat 2012/04/22 21:03:09
    voice_matters
    so no war on women there thanks

• wtxwoman 2012/04/22 14:46:56
    This is very bad.
    wtxwoman
    +6
    Just another example of how they don't care about women! Every woman in Ohio should write them a letter opposing this amendment. Of course, the bible thumpers won't, which is sad and shows how much work is still needed to educate women about their rights.
  • Lady Wh... wtxwoman 2012/04/22 15:24:20
    +1
    agreed
  • Pat wtxwoman 2012/04/22 15:36:55
    +1
    I think the time for writing letters is over. This whole thing is spreading across the country like wildfire. Women should be in the streets marching for their rights and freedoms. We need to let these legislators know that we will not put up with these 'barefoot and pregnant' policies and we are willing to taken action. Sometimes I think I've gone down the rabbit hole. I mean why else would our perception of our country have become so distorted. It's far easier to keep your rights while you still have them but almost impossible to get them back once they've been take away. The time is NOW!
  • D D Pat 2012/04/22 16:02:12
    D D
    +1
    Pat, PP really isn't that great. They don't offer much besides birth control and abortions. You guys are acting as if PP is saving lives or something! Like as if this place is going to cease to exist and women will be left barefoot and pregnant dependent on men. Taking away funding will only hurt their lobby.

2014/07/29 02:35:20