"O'er the Land of the Free; and the home of the Slave"!

Space Invader 2012/05/07 17:20:08
We are now slaves to our government and it's astronomical debt and regulation.
To open a small business; is so expensive and time consuming and the people trying to start a business; are buried with so much paperwork and monies; they just give up.

So; are the land of the free and the home of the slave?

Do you like where we are in our history?

Or is it going to get worse?

• Bob DiN 2012/05/07 19:05:15
    We are all now slaves
    Bob DiN
    +5
    We are slaves to the government. 53% are slaves to pay taxes and 47% are slaves dependant on government.. 100% of us are fools to put up with it.

• johnpaul 2012/05/10 12:34:44
    johnpaul
    On Aug. 14, 1935. Roosevelt sign into law the social security act, which if taken & use does away with all freedom as a fundamental right. But the answer is to stand against it. see Galatian 5;1. Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/05/07 20:29:38
    Tennessee3501
    Things are bad, but they will get better! The only question is how much time it will take?
  • Striker 2012/05/07 19:10:16
    We are all now slaves
    Striker
    Your post sounds like a quote from Libertarian candidate Perkins last Friday.
  • Space I... Striker 2012/05/07 20:11:11
    Space Invader
    +2
    Than I did good??
  • Striker Space I... 2012/05/07 20:12:35
    Striker
    +2
    Yessir!
  • Bob DiN 2012/05/07 19:05:15
    We are all now slaves
    Bob DiN
    +5
  • johnpaul Bob DiN 2012/05/10 12:42:15
    johnpaul
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Get rid of all government contract or benefit.
  • Bob DiN johnpaul 2012/05/10 17:36:21
    Bob DiN
    Government should be banned.
  • Mr. T 2012/05/07 18:19:42
    We are all now slaves
    Mr. T
    +5
    And Oscumbag keeps on talking about wanting to help the middle class, what a lying racist POS. The implementation of HIS administrations policies are exactly what is killing the middle class.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/05/07 18:14:17
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +3
    We are becoming slave. 47 % of us rely on the Government to exist, but the numbers are growing very fast.
  • Mr. T ☆stillt... 2012/05/07 18:18:00 (edited)
    Mr. T
    +2
    Exactly what they want, government dependence. Complete control.
  • ☆stillt... Mr. T 2012/05/07 18:39:37 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +3
    You are so right. Most people do not realize how dangerous it is that the government now own 30% of GM and many of the Banks. Plus they are regulating generating plants and refineries out of business. The is forcing prices up just as Obama wants. When he says otherwise he is lying. I hope many people see through all this and vote every incumbent out of office. The only way we are going to get real change is to get rid of all the guys. We need someone in office that is going to make hard decision. I am not sure that person is Romney. I am hoping that we get a viable 3rd party choice. Someone that I know the people are behind. Obama gave us the very change that he said he would. People did not listen to what he was saying, only to how good he made it sound. I was able to change a die hard liberal to change his vote last time after showing him speeches that Obama had made in the past and showing him what he was saying during his campaign. He then understood what he was saying and listened to him carefully and thanked me. Unfortunately the Republicans did not get the message out about his past. When McCain was running for us I knew the race was lost. He was a weak candidate. He was left of center himself.
  • FromJesus'sPerspective 2012/05/07 17:24:49
    We are all now slaves
    FromJesus'sPerspective
    +2
    Thomas Jefferson says: If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them [the banks], will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
  • Space Invader 2012/05/07 17:22:08
    No hope left
    Space Invader
    +4
    No relief in sight...It's the end of the world as we know it....
  • Striker Space I... 2012/05/07 19:12:58
    Striker
    +1
    Darn, when only collapse might save us, that's right on the edge of the end.

2014/09/02 23:56:17