Occupy Denver protesters try to storm conference of conservative bloggers--Occupy Denver elects dog as leader

BrianD3 2011/11/12 15:30:22

Protesters who said they are part of Occupy Denver made two attempts to disrupt a conservative blogger conference Friday at a downtown Denver hotel.

During their first disruption at the Crowne Plaza Hotel one man was led away in handcuffs, witnesses said.

Information about the man who was arrested for trespassing was unavailable, but witnesses at the Blogcon 2011 conference said he shoved a police officer who was trying to clear the group out of the hotel lobby.

Attendees of Blogcon said they knew Occupy Denver was coming because the group had advertised its intentions on Twitter.

Tabitha Hale, new-media director of the conference, said Blogcon was prepared for the onslaught and had purchased Milk Bones

earlier in the day for Occupy Denver's elected leader, a 3-year-old border collie named Shelby.

"We've known they were coming for a couple of days," she said.

The first disruption began around 2 p.m. during a data visualization seminar in one of the ballrooms. A few protesters tried to charge the ballroom doors to get inside.

But people attending the conference had already started to notice unusual activity by a number of people in the hotel's lobby and began to film them, said Peter Michael Dominic Ingemi, a talk-show host.

"They started bantering back and forth," he said. "We all had video. They were filming us and we were filming them."

Occupy Denver protesters yelled out "We are the 99 percent" and Blogcon attendees yelled back "We want the dog!"

"They tend to blame us because they think we are running the world," Hale said. "They shoved and pushed a few people . . . it was rough. I was not expecting them to charge us. I don't know if they are coming back."

When they did return at 5 p.m., the demonstration was brief.

Protesters chanted, "We realize that the Republicans and Democrats are both bought by Wall Street, so we invite you to join us if you are tired

Read more: Occupy Denver protesters try to storm conference of conservative bloggers - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19319768#ixzz1dVOQdYwV
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Read More: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19319768

• Heffeweizen 2011/11/12 16:14:16
    The Dog is likely the smartest one there
    Heffeweizen
    +11
    Do you suppose that the irony of electing a dog breed known for herding sheep is lost on them?

• The Duke 2011/11/14 09:09:37
    The Duke
    +1
    Tough choice, being a dog lover. Hate to insult man's best friend.
  • Charles E 2011/11/13 22:50:47
    Charles E
    +2
    The dog is dumb, only in the sense that it cannot talk.
    The protesters are dumb because they don't know when to shut up.
  • Jacob Mahurien 2011/11/13 06:48:24
    They are setting the dog up to be the scapegoat...
    Jacob Mahurien
    +1
    Put's truth to the saying, "Some animals are more equal than some."
  • princess 2011/11/13 02:28:12
    princess
    +2
    I KNOW the dog is smarter than that bunch of filthy TRASH.
  • Soundstorm 2011/11/13 00:23:02
    Maybe it is a dog for the blind....
    Soundstorm
    +4
    What a pathetic excuse for brownshirts this mob is. Still, they have a lot in common with the National Socialist goon squads from the Weimar days besides sharing Hitler's love for dogs.
  • Someone Else 2011/11/12 22:59:54
    Someone Else
    +4
    Again the Democrat backed OD shows just how ignorant they truly are. Much like Obama it's do as I say not as I do. Both will receive their just rewards it's only a matter of time
  • wtf 2011/11/12 22:51:32
    wtf
    +2
    They dog is only there for their attention, they are there for everyone else to give them theirs.
  • TruBluTopaz 2011/11/12 21:14:02
    TruBluTopaz
    +4
    Hey, I would vote for a Border Collie long before I would support some of the idiots currently in charge. And I would confirm that the dog WAS definitely the smartest person in the room at the Occupy meeting.
  • Dee 2011/11/12 19:48:45
    Dee
    +5
    It seems the protesters cannot tolerate anyone having a different viewpoint from theirs.
  • Soundstorm Dee 2011/11/13 00:24:52
    Soundstorm
    +3
    That confirms what part of the political spectrum they occupy.
  • USAF Vet 2011/11/12 19:10:42
    USAF Vet
    +6
    I'm waiting for these idiots to "occupy" my property......click, click!
  • Rapier 2011/11/12 19:02:49
    Rapier
    +5
    Clearly, a stupid move on their part if this is true...bottom line is; the FLEABAGGERS are like the unions, a CANCER on society and we need to eradicate them...
  • ConLibFraud 2011/11/12 17:40:00
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    I closed my eyes and picked one of your biased answers since you gave no options.

If the conservative bloggers weren't so dumbed down and programed, they would join OWS and finish the bankers then lead them to DC and finish the job!!!

The NWO is howling at how divided and separated America is! The sheeple fight against each other instead of the wealthy who control them.

America ... land of the sheep and home of the slave!
  • Justin.... ConLibF... 2011/11/12 18:02:55
    Justin.Long
    +2
    you mean if they were so dumbed down and programmed they would join the ows
  • ConLibF... Justin.... 2011/11/12 20:43:28
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    I meant not dumbed down and programmed like you. You are a good example of why America is collapsing. How is it you don't know that the criminal bankers control everything starting with the DC thugs?
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/12 22:29:34
    TuringsChild
    +2
    DC thugs? You ADMIT the Union Thugs are controlled by the Democrats???
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/12 22:36:11
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    I admit that both the unions and dems are controlled by criminals. So is the repub party. Since you dodged it ...

How is it you don't know that the criminal bankers control everything starting with the DC thugs?
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/12 23:25:27
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Oh, I'm VERY aware that the banksters stole this nation from us long ago. I'm ALSO aware that the Tea Party is ATTEMPTING to take it back.
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/12 23:43:33
    ConLibFraud
    How? Please show me what they are doing? You can't. If your claim was true then the tea party would join OWS.
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/13 00:08:58
    TuringsChild
    +1
    If OWS had any sense they would join the Tea Party. WE realize that true Free Enterprise is NOT Crony Capitalism, and that most of the problems in Wall St were caused by insane govt regulations. The Tea Party is cleaning out the deadwood in the Republican Party. Why don't you OWS types do the same to the Democrat Party, so we can restore America from BOTH sides at the same time?
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/13 00:43:49 (edited)
    ConLibFraud
    This is where the tea party is off base and backwards. It is the banksters and their lobbyists that control every move the politicians make. Show me proof of your claims that the tea party is cleaning house? You say you elected a few people ... I don't see any changes!

Unemployment keeps increasing and homes keep foreclosing. And the debt ceiling was raised to $17 trillion.

I see OWS doing something! I see tea party people like you SAY you are doing something. The most the tea party has done is criticize those who go after the criminal banksters.

How is it the tea party is so off track. No matter who you elect nothing will change. When the candidates get in they are either bought off or threatened or both.

Think about this ... the found fathers didn't solve anything by voting!!
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/13 01:24:31
    TuringsChild
    +1
    You don't recall how the replacements stopped the stupid budget-as-usual garbage in its tracks? The changes are coming, and they would be coming a lot faster with OWS help. Where are you? And if we can get Ron Paul or any other true Constitutionalist into office, you WILL see changes. Starting with the FED which started the takeover to begin with.
    So far all I've seen OWS do is sit around on the streets whining, but doing NOTHING.. Get off yer asses and start chipping away at the Old Guard and the so-called 'Progressives' whose real goal is nothing less than the conversion of our Republic into a Socialist Dictatorship.
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/13 01:28:35 (edited)
    ConLibFraud
    Once again, you can't help yourself from criticizing OWS. Your most productive move.

You fell for the budget thing? Figures! The spending has not stopped!!!

You ignored this ... so I REPEAT!

They raised the debt ceiling to $17 trillion! Are you in denial?
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/13 01:36:39
    TuringsChild
    +1
    The Old Guard raised the debt. As I said, and you continue to ignore, we need more real Americans in Congress. And I did not criticize OWS, I simply asked where are they where the battle really is taking place. You can invade the streets or invade the system. Invading the streets won't do more than attract attention from people who can do nothing about the problem. Invading the system is the only thing that works. Look at the '60's liberals and ask yourself, how many of them succeeded as hippies, and how many succeeded as Senators and Presidents?
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/13 01:44:42
    ConLibFraud
    Here is proof you are in denial ...

http://thinkprogress.org/econ...

"Almost three-quarters of Republicans voted in the affirmative. And even the Tea Party came around in the end. By 32-to-28, members of the Tea Party Caucus voted for the bill, despite earlier claims — which now look like a bluff — that they wouldn’t vote to raise the debt ceiling under any circumstances."

Even the confused war monger Allan West voted to raise the debt ceiling ...

http://johntreed.com/headline...
  • Turings... ConLibF... 2011/11/13 21:13:37
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Sure, with the Media pushing the entire Nation into pressuring them to quit, they realized they didn't have the numbers - yet. You are the one in denial here, not me.
  • ConLibF... Turings... 2011/11/14 00:28:34
    ConLibFraud
    LOL
  • Tee Massad Turings... 2011/11/13 15:07:07
    Tee Massad
    Owls are to smart and intelligent to even fly with a Teabagger nut.
  • Tee Massad ConLibF... 2011/11/13 15:05:26
    Tee Massad
    Owls wouldn't even allow the tea-baggers to join them... Owls are very smart birds. :) lol
  • Tee Massad Turings... 2011/11/13 15:06:28
    Tee Massad
    The Tea baggers are hooked at the hip with the Wall Street con-artist and the crooked BIG banks... they suck!
  • Turings... Tee Massad 2011/11/13 21:15:32
    TuringsChild
    You simply refuse to see the truth, don't you? Too bad. The real battle has to take place in Washington. Only THEN will Wall St be ABLE to change.
  • Tee Massad Turings... 2011/11/14 00:45:00
    Tee Massad
    I simply choose to seek the truth on my own... who knows the closer it gets to the elections Washington DC could be the next years agenda.
  • Turings... Tee Massad 2011/11/15 16:28:17
    TuringsChild
    +2
    Good. Get your ducks in a row, make sure all OWS protesters are on the same Freedom page, and meet us in DC Nov 2012.
  • Justin.... ConLibF... 2011/11/19 22:33:04
  • ConLibF... Justin.... 2011/11/19 22:36:22 (edited)
    ConLibFraud
    Thanks for dodging my question and thanks for admitting that you subscribe to lies and propaganda.
  • Justin.... ConLibF... 2011/11/20 00:03:39
    Justin.Long
    +1
    prove them wrong if they are lies then
  • ConLibF... Justin.... 2011/11/20 00:10:45
    ConLibFraud
    LOL! Why would I waste my time? Even my neighbors dog crap knows lies and propaganda when it sees it. What's that say about you?
  • Justin.... ConLibF... 2011/11/21 23:35:11
    Justin.Long
    +1
    the owners and the dog must be conservative lol
  • ConLibF... Justin.... 2011/11/22 00:05:20
    ConLibFraud
    Both libs and cons are the problem! Stop playing the blame game!! It's what they want you to do! All it does is divide and separate.
  • Justin.... ConLibF... 2011/11/22 00:16:52
    Justin.Long
    +1
    so what do you wish to do add another slice of the pie lol

2014/11/24 15:02:32