Obama's Sec Defence: Waterboarding resulted in finding Osama Bin Laden | Do you oppose waterboarding?

FanOreilly 2013/02/04 16:21:21
Liberals hate waterboarding but they LOVE the results.

Panetta: Waterboarding Produced Some Leads Used to Get bin Laden

Leon Panetta, who as CIA director oversaw the U.S. operation that killed al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, said the job could have been done without resorting to controversial interrogation methods that some have said constitute torture.

The outgoing defense secretary, in remarks aired Sunday on the NBC program "Meet the Press," said there had been many pieces to the "puzzle" solved to find bin Laden, who was held responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

Do you oppose waterboarding?

• Katherine 2013/03/05 18:27:20 (edited)
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Katherine
    I don't like these options. I don't like all or nothing.

There's a limit to what you can and cannot do. First of all, we have laws about cruel and unusual punishment. It's a vague phrase, though. These days a lack of pornography is cruel and usual punishment for convicted criminals.

Our military goes through training. I heard the waterboarding performed on known terrorists is already being done to our military as training in the event that they are captured by the enemy.

I'll have to give it some thought.
  • us 2013/02/11 05:34:11
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    us
    People get upset with waterboarding, other countries would just take your head, and
    now we do drone attacks, In our constitution we are not suppose to target a individual person. Now, we have drones flying over United States.
  • clasact 2013/02/10 04:45:12
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    clasact
    in some cases you do whatever it takes
  • Transquesta 2013/02/08 05:17:16
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Transquesta
    In theory, no. In practice, yes. Waterboarding someone once or twice is probably not torture. Several members of the press have volunteered for the procedure. It was so traumatic for them, though, that my net conclusion is YES to the answer of whether it's torture when performed multiple times.
  • roxie 2013/02/08 04:18:56
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    roxie
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/02/08 04:16:24
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    When it come to the safety of Americans and these guys are not a member of any army of a nation.
  • Kozman 2013/02/06 02:36:24
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Kozman
    What ever needs to be done to get the results we need. Waterboarding is just 1 tool.
  • bettyboop 2013/02/05 22:31:02
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    bettyboop
    I do think it is torture.
  • hasher 2013/02/05 22:06:57
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    hasher
    noone actually drowned from it and it does get results like it or not. the whole purpose of interrogation is to get the terrorists to talk. gotta do whatever works.
  • Bevos 2013/02/05 16:14:20
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Bevos
    Exactly, WHAT IS Waterboarding? Never understood what it was, unless it is where they continuously drip water on your head. Or stand you on a board with a hood over your head and tell you you are on a roof, and turn a hose on you?
  • Scout 2013/02/05 15:45:34
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    Scout
    I'm old enough to remember when we though ourselves above torturing prisoners. It had nothing to do with conservatives or liberals or whatever. It was simply unAmerican. Communists tortured our troops.
  • phil.olding.3 2013/02/05 10:31:56
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    phil.olding.3
    Of course I oppose waterboarding!

I support the death penalty instead!
  • Bevos phil.ol... 2013/02/05 16:25:46
    Bevos
    Unfortunetly, terrorists are ot afraid of death. 70 virgins and rivers of honey, you know!!!
  • phil.ol... Bevos 2013/02/05 16:29:24
    phil.olding.3
    Not afraid of death?

Good. I don't want them to suffer. I want them to no longer be a threat to the human race.
  • Beagle Mom 2013/02/05 09:29:38
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Beagle Mom
    I oppose drone attacks on Americans. With waterboarding at least the victim is still alive.
  • moknowsky 2013/02/05 08:57:50
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    moknowsky
    +1
    Surf's up!
  • shrfu31 2013/02/05 06:46:07
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    shrfu31
    People will say anything under duress. That's why torture is no good. Yeah it makes you and other people feel better, it even seems logical, but I promise you, any information obtained by a non cooperative subject should be questioned for authenticity, putting you right back where you started.

It's a waste of everyone's time and you burn the source. They won't EVER want to talk with you again, and you make it much more difficult for the next human intelligence collector to begin a dialogue with them.

Seems like a lot of people took Jack Baue's actionsr in "24" as true. Lol

Don't get me wrong, I know torture exists, but that's because there are a lot of sucky interrogators out there. If you can't make a source talk without resorting to violence then either get someone who can and/or quit this line of work. Your mind isn't up to this challenge.
  • ysosa96 2013/02/05 06:37:47
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    ysosa96
    These techniques are more humane than what another country would do to our POW's. If that's what it takes to get answers out of these terrorist than so be it!
  • bpf 2013/02/05 05:03:51
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    bpf
    +1
    If it was one of the bleeding heart progressive kids they would be the first ones there with a bucket!
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/05 04:39:07
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Compared to what THEY do to captured Americans, waterboarding is slap-and-tickle.
  • ysosa96 Lawnmow... 2013/02/05 06:44:13
    ysosa96
    Amen! the sooner they give up the info the sooner waterboarding or any other technique will end...it's really up to them how long it go.
  • Bevos Lawnmow... 2013/02/05 16:26:36
    Bevos
    Absolutely
  • thefatguy 2013/02/05 04:34:27
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    thefatguy
    +1
    No, I don't oppose waterboarding or even torture of any kind if it is directed at terrorist groups that are not signatories to the Geneva Convention. There is no reason to tie our own hands when the enemy has both hands free.
  • Dj Gill 2013/02/05 03:57:14
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Dj Gill
    They have information that, if given up, will save people's lives; whether it be 2, 200, or 2,000, they can save them yet they choose not to. If one person must undergo discomfort for a most likely short period of time so that numerous innocent people may be saved, so be it. If anyone murders (or helps murder) an innocent person, they deserve to die. Plain and simple.
  • star 2013/02/05 01:41:07
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    star
    What ever works. Our soldiers in every war goes through torture if apprehended by the enemy. If there is a better way they should find it. Humans are a very cruel.
  • evangelism_vision 2013/02/05 01:36:58
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    evangelism_vision
  • dixe 2013/02/05 01:10:10
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    dixe
    It seems to work, we should use it more often
  • Samantha Lewis 2013/02/04 23:56:40
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Samantha Lewis
    +3
    Not at all and if something big was afoot I'd break knees if I had to.
  • timberwolf Samanth... 2013/02/05 00:07:54
    timberwolf
    +2
    What ever it takes...
  • Samanth... timberwolf 2013/02/05 00:17:00
    Samantha Lewis
    +1
    Now see that is how it should be...
  • timberwolf Samanth... 2013/02/05 14:37:18
    timberwolf
    +1
    Agreed...
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/02/04 23:38:39
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    "All is fair in love and war." If they can cut arms, legs, and heads off our people. Why not use a little waterboarding on them.. If it gets the info we need to save just one American life from them terrorist.. They are still alive and breathing after the waterboarding..
  • AL 2013/02/04 23:38:37
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    AL
    +1
    Not if it saves American lives!
  • The Electrician 2013/02/04 23:36:29
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    The Electrician
    Panetta never said that.
  • dominic garcia 2013/02/04 23:35:59
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    dominic garcia
    +2
    If radical Muslims don't mind blowing up innocent people including children, why on earth should we stop waterboarding them!!!!! That is nothing compared to what they do to us!!!!!
  • kevjon 2013/02/04 23:35:52
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    kevjon
    +1
    Actually I love water boarding although I find it not to be strong enough. When compared to their beheading in front of other captives or the Asian methods of torture, water boarding is a joke.
    Liberals hate every thing they can to be used against Republicans during a campaign and once the campaign is over they could care less about those issues. Child starvation is one of their tactics as is global warming, now tell me have they eradicated either problem?
  • santa6642 2013/02/04 23:33:36
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    santa6642
    +1
    I also like nailing tne credenyuals, nail pulling , cutting fingers and toes off, nose off and any other form that might work.
  • yabbadabbadoo 2013/02/04 22:47:38 (edited)
    Yes I oppose waterboarding
    yabbadabbadoo
    +2
    i dont care if waterboarding found God its still immoral and unjustified...if we did kill Osama Bin Laden we had absolutely no right to do so nor did we have a right to break international law and go into Pakistan the way we supposedly did nevermind all the other countries we screw with and bomb

i dont believe anything when it comes to 911, osama bin laden, or anything else that comes out of the mouth of the crooked corrupted scumbags that run this country both political and non political parties...trusting them is like trusting the boy who cried wolf
  • MBSVirginia BN-2 2013/02/04 22:44:24
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    MBSVirginia BN-2
    +2
    Whatever works. Better than beheading on video for the world to see.
  • Cat 2013/02/04 22:25:38
    No I do not oppose waterboarding
    Cat
    +4
    It's part of S E A L training. Do we torture our own sailors? It is extreme but isn't true torture.

2014/09/21 04:08:40