Obama's Plan "Attractive To Those Who Don't Pay Taxes" | RealClearPolitics: Agree?

Daryl 2012/09/18 15:22:45

REALCLEARPOLITICS.COM reports:
Late on Monday night GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney held a press conference to address comments he made at a fundraiser that were taped by an attendee. The Republican nominee was caught talking about the "47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what."

The media, including MSNBC, are billing the recordings as the "secret Romney tapes."

At tonight's presser, Romney defended himself and said Obama's "approach is attractive to people who are not paying taxes because, frankly, my discussion about lowering taxes isn't as attractive to them and therefore I'm not likely to draw them into my campaign as effectively as those who are in the middle."

"I hope the person who has the video will put out the full material," Romney said when asked about.

attractive draw campaign effectively middle hope person video material romney

Read More: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/09/17/...

• BigEyedFish 2012/09/18 15:38:17
    Agree
    BigEyedFish
    +8
    Although people who genuinely need to be on Govt assistance know that Romney wasn't talking about them, the Dems will try to spin this to their advantage.
    I don't think it's going to work.

• Quazimoto 2012/09/27 19:58:25
    Agree
    Quazimoto
    President entitlement.....
  • rcardon 2012/09/24 18:32:30
    Agree
    rcardon
    If you don't pay taxes, why would you care about whether or not they get lowered? You're going to care about the guy that's letting you stay that way. Now, I'm not talking about the aged or disabled, I'm talking about the able-bodied who are voluntarily staying home, or working less than they can, just so they can stay on welfare and not have to pay taxes.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/09/21 01:45:25
    Agree
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    I AGREE.. BUT, THERE ARE MANY MILLIONS IN THAT GROUP OF 47% THAT DON'T PAY TAXES.. AND NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT FREE STUFF, OR TO LIVE OFF THE GOVERNMENT DOLE... THEY BELIEVE IN THE FREE MARKEY ECONOMY, AND THE CAPITALISM.. THEY MAY BE DOWN AND OUT NOW? BUT DON'T WANT TO STAY THAT WAY... LESS TAXES TO THE GOVERNMENT, MORE MONEY IN PEOPLES POCKETS. MORE BUSINESS.. THE MORE JOB'S... OUR MILLIONAIRES AND OUR BILLIONAIRES ARE AMERICA'S GREATEST ASSETS.. WHY KILL THE GEESE THAT LAY THE GOLDEN EGG'S FOR AMERICA.. DO YOU WANT THEM TO ALL MOVE TO OTHER COUNTRIES? CANADA TAKES A LOT LESS TAXES.. AND HOW IS THERE ECONOMY WORKING NOW? GO AHEAD AND RUN THE RICH IN THIS COUNTRY OFF TO GERMANY.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS TO CREATE MORE JOB'S?
  • skyster 2012/09/19 23:45:41
    Agree
    skyster
    +2
    hm, at the moment we have 41 votes and 56 opinions. Could it be that many of us are a little confused by the phrasing of the question? I donʻt think itʻs those who "donʻt pay taxes" so much as "those who are dependent on hand outs without a demonstrated need." (and even some who do have a need and believe the liberal lies that conservatives donʻt care about them so they are afraid.)
    I donʻt pay taxes - - - this year. But, I did last year and the year before. For 3 years before that I didnʻt.
    Many years ago I became ʻpermanentlyʻ disabled. I could no longer work at anything I was trained or educated for. I had been self employed, so no workers comp, no unemployment no state disability. Just SSD. For life, if I wanted. Had several surgeries, lots of rehab and went back to school while depleting my savings and retirement. Went back to work with a new career - - until an auto accident ruined all my physical gains. By then I was on Social Security - yes, still working (retirement gone). Could no longer work. Living month to month and not quite making it. Went to work for Census Bureau who helped me cope with limitations but it was temporary. Next week I will start a new job. You cannot keep me down and I will NEVER vote for socialism. I will never vote for a sys...
    Many years ago I became ʻpermanentlyʻ disabled. I could no longer work at anything I was trained or educated for. I had been self employed, so no workers comp, no unemployment no state disability. Just SSD. For life, if I wanted. Had several surgeries, lots of rehab and went back to school while depleting my savings and retirement. Went back to work with a new career - - until an auto accident ruined all my physical gains. By then I was on Social Security - yes, still working (retirement gone). Could no longer work. Living month to month and not quite making it. Went to work for Census Bureau who helped me cope with limitations but it was temporary. Next week I will start a new job. You cannot keep me down and I will NEVER vote for socialism. I will never vote for a system that makes it harder for me to get back on my feet. Or for one who wants to take money I earn and give to someone who doesnʻt want to work for it. Someone who feels entitled to it. We donʻt all stay the same over a life time. If you find you ever need help, Iʻm there to help as I have been. If not, if you just want a hand out, get out of my way.
  • Irish little 2012/09/19 03:29:33
    Disagree
    Irish little
    Hell NO , I pay no taxes and I want nothing to do with that obummer clan. I paid my due for fifty {50} tears and now with this new recession I have nothing left to pay taxes on.That is what you get when you get to be over 80 tears old. they now just want to starve you off.
  • Tw!stəd_S!stər 2012/09/19 02:33:52
    Disagree
    Tw!stəd_S!stər
    Merlin!!! I wish there were more than two prominent parties. This argument between Obama and Romney is getting on my nerves. Both are just the same old same old. Time to start looking for alternatives.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/09/19 02:28:07
    Disagree
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    Please, its the rich who don't pay taxes, guys like Romney hiding money in the Cayman Islands, not paying income taxes, wants to cut taxes for the rich while raising them for the poor, because ya know, those poor people just have too much money
  • whipnet C-ZAR™,... 2012/09/19 04:46:43
    whipnet
    +2
    Wow, that must've been fresh off the MSNBC press. Congrats on being the first to parrot it.

*
  • C-ZAR™,... whipnet 2012/09/19 07:43:02
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    Thanks, I try, lol
  • gareth.... C-ZAR™,... 2012/09/21 04:30:45
    gareth.ellzey
    Very trying.
  • Fef 2012/09/19 02:17:42
    Disagree
    Fef
    +1
    Obama doesn't have any attractive plans.

Ruining the economy by bribing the non-taxpayers will hurt them, too.
  • Super l... Fef 2012/09/19 12:58:28
  • pdt_ski 2012/09/19 01:14:54
    Agree
    pdt_ski
    +1
    Why vote for someone who wants you to pay taxes when his opponent is promising the top 1% will pay them for you?
  • Cat 2012/09/18 23:31:13
    Disagree
    Cat
    Only for the bums on welfare.
  • clasact 2012/09/18 21:50:21
    Disagree
    clasact
    +1
    I guess Romney missed the memo about a recession and that a lot of people needed help just to eat.I work and pay more taxes then most but I still favor Obamas plan over Romneys
  • pdt_ski clasact 2012/09/19 01:16:43
    pdt_ski
    +1
    Think how much more you could be making and how much easier life would be if the economy were better. No, it's not Bush's fault.
  • clasact pdt_ski 2012/09/20 12:46:18
    clasact
    +1
    think how much less I could be makeing if thing were letf to fix themseves or If we had a president eho is only out for his own intrests or who would glad sell out jobs for profit or who would go to war again even though he was a draft doger,I could go on
  • pdt_ski clasact 2012/09/22 05:25:30
    pdt_ski
    I'll make you gentleman's a bet: if Romney gets in and you're doing better a year from now I get to say "I told you so;" if Obama stays in and you're doing better a year from now you get to tell me "I told you so." Apparently if Obama stays in and you're doing worse a year from now there is probably nothing I could say that would convince you that the policies he espouses had something to do with it.
  • clasact pdt_ski 2012/09/22 08:31:20
    clasact
    I will gladly take that one because untill just recently I have seen steady growth.Things have slowed down in the last say 30 days because companies are holding order on a wait a see who win bases at least that what they are telling me.I have delt with people like Romney before and I just dont see him fixing things except for himslef and his freinds on wall street
  • BILL 2012/09/18 21:43:02
    Agree
    BILL
    +2
    OHBOBO HAS A PLAN, WOW THERE REALLY IS AN ALLAH
    WHERE
    Agree
    +2
    Obama is buying votes.
  • Ol'Dave 2012/09/18 19:33:57
    Agree
    Ol'Dave
    +2
    If you DON'T HAVE ANYTHING and the Goverment will DELIVER TO YOU WHAT YOU NEED (a COMMUNIST princicple) You'll gladly do whatever you need to to keep it coming!!
  • knothead 2012/09/18 18:45:24
    Agree
    knothead
    +2
    Ah yes the great food stamp socialist President.Send him packing.
  • Kibbles knothead 2012/09/18 18:56:02
    Kibbles
    Because food stamps are obviously a waste.
  • Cochise 2012/09/18 17:33:50
    Disagree
    Cochise
    +2
    Everybody pays some form of taxes. There is food, clothes, shelter. gas etc. You can't pay income taxes, if there is NO income coming in. I can't prove that Romney has paid his taxes over the last ten years, can you?
  • Motley Cochise 2012/09/18 18:11:43
    Motley
    +1
    The government already did.
  • Daryl Cochise 2012/09/18 18:13:23 (edited)
    Daryl
    +1
    Wrong.

Plenty of people have income but pay no income taxes and a lot get checks for doing absolutely nothing.

Who will pay all the welfare when the fat-ass lazy class is 75% and the productive all leave?

Why do you want to see 10 years of Romey's taxes? You want to steal some of his money?

You fat lazy bastards didn't care to see Obama's BC and that is required by the constitution.

I look forward to the day the productive leave you scum bags to wallow in poverty.

I know I won't pay for you to stuff your gigantic ass with my earnings.
  • Liberty Daryl 2012/09/19 08:54:55
    Liberty
    Your post is really abusive. You have anger issues.
  • knothead Cochise 2012/09/18 18:34:20
    knothead
    +1
    Instead of worrying about Mitt Romneys taxes, did you ever want to see the tax returns from the tax dodgers in Washington? How did Obama amass his wealth if he was so poor? Romney released what was required and he passed that test. Can you say the same for those politicos in office who think they are above the law?
  • jgh57 2012/09/18 17:15:47
    Disagree
    jgh57
    +3
    Obama's plan is very attractive to me and I pay taxes on almost $100,000 a year.
  • Daryl jgh57 2012/09/18 17:17:55
    Daryl
    +1
    You don't do too well with logic do you?

Read the question again and read your comment so you can see how stupid it is.
  • George ... Daryl 2012/09/18 18:43:24
    George Zook
    +2
    I don't think you understand your question
  • Liberty Daryl 2012/09/19 08:57:01
    Liberty
    trololololololollll
  • Michael 2012/09/18 17:06:54
    Agree
    Michael
    +3
    Right on! The truth hurts.
  • ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆ 2012/09/18 17:05:09
    Agree
    ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆
    +3
    His whole social agenda has been to provide "freebee's" to the poor while paying for it middle class and rich. And yes I did say middle class, he talks about taxing the rich yet when the real numbers come out it's the middle class that really and truely get hurt.
  • jp 2012/09/18 16:50:02
    Disagree
    jp
    Try offering jobs instead
  • Daryl jp 2012/09/18 17:08:11
    Daryl
    +2
    You don't 'offer' jobs as Obama has proven.

Jobs are created by capitalists. The same people Democrats hate...unless the capitalists are buddies with Democrats.

obama corzine

obama buffet
  • George ... Daryl 2012/09/18 20:06:32
    George Zook
    +1
    Democrats don't hate capitalists ... I don't ... I admire the things that they have built ...
    what I don't like is the "divine right" attitude some of them have on how they got there
    and how it sets them apart as special somehow ... some are good people interested in how they can benefit the society that created the opportunity that enabled them to amass their wealth others just look at it as a place to make as much money as possible and deposit it on some Island somewhere
  • Captain... jp 2012/09/21 01:12:44
    Captain-Morgan
    Keep taxing the rich... Then they will move to a place that taxes less... Why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs... I for one want more geese laying eggs.. "Business = Job's" And it's not the poor, or the working middle class the create business..
  • John Hall 2012/09/18 16:23:17
    Agree
    John Hall
    +2
    The majority of people who are on welfare vote democrat because they know if they vote GOP there welfare maybe taking away .

2014/10/23 18:34:34