Obama's Labor Department strong arms family farmers restricting children's chores. Big government gone mad?

Blackjack 2012/04/26 19:12:38

Read More: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/25/rural-kids-paren...

• HOMBRE 2012/04/26 19:22:49
    yes, explain
    HOMBRE
    +12
    Family values being taken away from the government.So the family leaves the kid in the house to play video games while you work your ass off on the farm.This can only happen under a bone headed president.I was brought up you help the family not be a free loader. The Obama regime is just making libtards here.

• dasimon1 2012/04/30 00:59:45
    yes, explain
    dasimon1
    The more things that i hear about this Government and crap that they are pushing our way the more i want to see this man lose large. He and his party poopers keep sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and it's time they started minding their own business.,But they can't even do that right !!!
  • Someone Else 2012/04/27 13:04:15
    yes, explain
    Someone Else
    I pretty much ignore anything the Federal Government mandates. This is not my Government. I choose to do whatever the hell I want and if they don't like it too bad. They can blow hot air all day but can never enforce any of it. They can only hope that people will fear them. They are weak.
  • Maynard 2012/04/27 11:52:02
    other, I think this
    Maynard
    Will the Obama children be allowed to WORK IN THE WHITE HOUSE GARDEN?
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/04/27 06:26:37
    yes, explain
    cmdrbnd007
    +1
    The government has run amok under Obama. These jobs that they don't want children doing have been done by children for many, many years. It is just Obama and his buddies trying to appease the unions once more because if the children can't do then someone will have to be hired, another possible union member for the United Farm Workers.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/04/27 06:18:05
    yes, explain
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    And stupid
  • Pm 2012/04/27 05:38:05
    other, I think this
    Pm
    Because of the FAKE republicans serving congress, regulations like this pass. Its completely reasonable but why have they waited since 1776 to pass this?
    yes, explain
    +1
    And Obama and the dems are trying to place more restrictions on the ability of the small farmer to sell their produce. The dems want to regulate cheap food out of our reach!
  • Calm down! 2012/04/27 00:52:56 (edited)
    yes, explain
    Calm down!
    +1
    Why all the massive control and babysitting over everything and everyone? They are even monitoring people joking around and venting on sites like this now! Good H E Double tooth picks!!! I think they need to forget all this babysitting and control and focus more on immigration before Mexico takes everything over!
  • AL 2012/04/27 00:48:47
    yes, explain
    AL
    +1
    How is Obama ever going to pander to his Illegal Alien votes, if young American citizens take their jobs?
  • DuncanONeil 2012/04/27 00:26:16
    yes, explain
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    Absolutely! Kind of looks like an attempt to kill off the small farmers.
  • kaZappoo 2012/04/27 00:10:42
    yes, explain
    kaZappoo
    +1
    GONE MAD ......THIS IS BIZARRE .. then this is the way dems have been pushing the envelope to be .........

no more values / and kid's raised to do nothing ( but play video games ) then they wonder why the join the OWS brigade .....
    yes, explain
    +1
    This is one of the more absurd things coming from this administration. We have got to get some sanity going and oust this idiot and his minions
  • Charles E 2012/04/26 23:50:34
    no, explain
    Charles E
    The government's goal is to create so many laws and regulations that no one can breathe without violating several and giving the government power to destroy the life of anyone who dares oppose them.
  • S and S 2012/04/26 23:48:45 (edited)
  • Charge 2012/04/26 22:31:10
    yes, explain
    Charge
    +2
    Just another example of fixing something that isn't broken... I hope he just keeps pissing people off like this!
    obama gestapo
  • susan 2012/04/26 22:30:54
    yes, explain
    susan
    +2
    More senseless regulation from Washington bureaucrats who have no clue about the real world and have never been outside a city.
  • Gregaj7 2012/04/26 22:20:56
    yes, explain
    +1
    Time to end the contracts and jurisdiction/authority of it.
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/04/26 22:17:40
    yes, explain
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    The majority of farms and ranches in this area are family owned. The kids learn to do minor chores and the responsibilities increase as they grow into teenagers. The kids are working for something that will become theirs someday, and I have not met one who resents working toward that end.

This is raising the question about 4H projects. Under this proposal, kids will no longer be able to be involved with farm animals for over 6 months. That takes raising or training farm animals for the state fair under 4H programs out. They are required to care for thier calves, horses, pigs, etc for a year before they can be entered at the state fairs. This is a project that incourages understanding for taking care of an animal, and responsibility.

I would rather have my kids learning to care for a farm animal or have to sweep out a stall now and then, then hanging around gangs and gettting into trouble. It is a shame the assault on American life is so rampant.
  • voice_matters 2012/04/26 21:56:11
    other, I think this
    voice_matters
    if the farm is considered a business then child labor laws should be in place.
  • peggy 2012/04/26 21:54:31
    other, I think this
    peggy
    +1
    Socialism at work. Very sad America
  • judge 2012/04/26 21:54:10
    other, I think this
    judge
    +1
    You have to remember,
    Obama as a usurper, for being ineligible for the Office of the President he cannot faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States;

His every act in the usurped Office of the President is a criminal offense as an act under color of law that would subject the People to the deprivation of their constitutional rights, and entitling no obedience whatsoever from the People;
    As a usurper acting in the guise of the President you could not legally function as the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy and of the militia of the several states, as such forces would be under no legal obligation to remain obedient to you;

No one in any civilian agency in the Executive Branch would be required to obey any of your proclamations, executive orders or directives, as such orders would be legally VOID;

Your appointment of Ambassadors and Judges to the Supreme Court would be VOID ab initio (i.e., from the beginning), no matter what subsequent actions the Senate might take as well as rendering any such acts by such appointed officials void as well;

Congress would not be able to pass any new laws because they would not be able to acquire the signature of a bona fide President, rendering all such legislation legally VOID;
    usurper
  • keeper 2012/04/26 21:45:28
    yes, explain
    keeper
    +2
    Part of their overall plan... government intrusion into everything!!
    I worked on my Aunt's farm when I was a kid... it was great learning experience...
  • bob 2012/04/26 20:52:42
    yes, explain
    bob
    +4
    and on the other side of the coin, the illegals were harvesting the crops and now the harvest will rot in the fields
  • Karen E 2012/04/26 20:50:08
    yes, explain
    Karen E
    +8
    this is so wrong. if the kids do not observe or help how will they learn?
  • Charles E Karen E 2012/04/26 23:54:49
    Charles E
    +1
    That is the function of government indocternation centers. Commonly called schools.
  • Rodney 2012/04/26 20:45:28
    yes, explain
    Rodney
    +7
    With the current age of America's farmers, who do they think will be feeding the people now and into the future? By 2050 it is said that the world will need 70% more food. The average age of US farmers has risen annually to the point it is today, 58.6 years old. By not allowing our children to learn farming from a younger age (they are already prohibited from working on a neighbors farm until after they are 14, which I can understand). I started tending water and hoeing crops when I was old enough to do it, about 10. I started working on the tractor, cultivating, disking and corrugating when I was tall enough to reach the peddles and stay seated, about 12. Had it not been for that time of learning responsibility and work ethic, it is likely I wouldn't be who I am today.
  • johnc 2012/04/26 20:38:19 (edited)
    yes, explain
    johnc
    +7
    Mad is a mild word, in reality government gone wild and gone insane.

for you city folks. tell your child to clean thier room and you will go to jail.

Is the child unions next? who will pay thier dues.?
  • john Kills 2012/04/26 20:37:41
    yes, explain
    john Kills
    +6
    Farms have been a family affair since the history of farms. Children learn how to farm and learn responsibility from doing farm chores. This is not the country I grew up in and I'm not so patriotic anymore. The people won't stand up against the tyranny like I always thought we would. Our government is full of tyranny and even though the founding fathers said it would happen, I never thought it would. I might retire to canada and watch america fall. If the people decide to fight I will be there with them. If they do nothing I'm not going to ride the sinking ship.
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/04/26 20:31:58
    yes, explain
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    +7
    Another feeble attempt at deflection. Can't fix the economy (most important) so let's stir up crap somewhere else.
  • Jdogg 2012/04/26 20:18:09
    yes, explain
    Jdogg
    +7
    More goverment Intrusion in our lives,
  • voice_m... Jdogg 2012/04/26 21:57:37
    voice_matters
    is the farm a business? if it is then explain why child labor laws do not cover them?
  • Dee 2012/04/26 20:13:39
    yes, explain
    Dee
    +6
    There go all of the 4 H projects...
  • johnc Dee 2012/04/26 20:40:01
    johnc
    +4
    and FFA

NOBAMA, NO DEMOCRATS 2012
  • voice_m... Dee 2012/04/26 21:59:30
    voice_matters
    nice lib ignorance an i am sad to be in america with all this ignorant lib comments and stupidity being spread
  • dubbie 2012/04/26 20:11:42
    yes, explain
    dubbie
    +6
    And the dictator attempts keep coming ,Not only telling you what to do ,But also telling you what you wont be letting your own child do. There are fresh new illegals let in the country that needs that money redistributed to them, As was in the plan when he first met calderon in the early days of his only term
  • Mamaknows 2012/04/26 20:07:53
    yes, explain
    Mamaknows
    +7
    Talk about crazy.....it's like they want to squash family farms and ranches. They are also limiting water(the cities need it more they say and then there is the enviornmentalist that go WAY overboard) where I am at ....actually going onto to peoples farms/ranches without permission, sometimes with the property owners telling them to stay off their land....and the government is the ones saying allow it or go to jail!

They don't want anyone to have ....anything that they don't allow them too. It's becoming more and more like a socialist state.
  • voice_m... Mamaknows 2012/04/26 21:59:56
    voice_matters
    +1
    why would the gop support this?
  • Mamaknows voice_m... 2012/04/26 22:33:32
    Mamaknows
    Good question.
  • Bella 2012/04/26 20:05:43
    no, explain
    Bella
    Parents don't always consider their children or put them first when they've a business to run. Many years ago I had a wheelchair bound patient with severe spinal problems thanks to the work his parents had him do in their lumber business. Children should not be doing dangerous or heavy work
  • HOMBRE Bella 2012/04/26 20:09:29
    HOMBRE
    +6
    That could have happened playing football.It not any of the government to decide what families should do and not do.

2014/10/25 15:19:10