Obama’s Kids’ School: $34,268 a Year – Includes 'Hot Lunch' - By Michael W. Chapman, September 10, 2012 (Are the Obamas "rich elitists" as they accuse the Romney's of being?)

"Abe" 2012/09/12 00:33:10
NO - they're just "looking out" for the "best interests" of their kids
YES - they are "hypocritical" - do as I say, not as I do

(CNSNews.com) – While Chicago public school teachers are on strike and 350,000 children are temporarily school-less, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s kids are attending a private school that charges $26,520 a year and the children of his former boss, President Barack Obama, are attending a private school in the nation’s capital that charges $34,268 a year, which includes a "hot lunch."

Rahm Emanuel, former chief of staff to President Obama, has a son and two daughters: Zacharia, Ilana, and Leah. All three attend the elite Laboratory Schools at the University of Chicago in Hyde Park.

According to the schedule of tuition for 2012-13, tuition at the Laboratory Schools from nursery through grade 5 is $23,526 a year; grades 6-8, $25,326; and grade 9-12, $26,520.

President Obama and first lady Michelle send their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, to the exclusive Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C. While the lower school charges $33,268 per year in tuition, the middle and upper schools cost $34,268, and this price includes “hot lunch,” according to the Web site.

The lower school provides aftercare (optional) at a cost ranging from $1,500 to $5,700, covering 1 to 5 days per week.

The average annual expenditure per pupil in the Chicago public schools, paid with tax revenue, is $13,078.

Read More: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-s-kids-schoo...

• NPC 2012/09/12 00:35:17
    NPC
    +2
    Let us see how Barack reacts to the 26,000 UNION Chicago area teachers that went on strike this past Monday ? Interesting dilemma that Cold Fish Emmanuel has being Liberal Democrat Mayor of $hitcago.
  • "Abe" NPC 2012/09/12 23:53:50
    "Abe"
    Yep, and I saw an article posted in one of the news reports that said 49% of the Chicago teachers who are on strike send THEIR kids to "private schools". Kind of "ironic", I'd say~~!!

2014/09/01 08:06:09