Obama's Corruption Payoffs Fail: No 16 Olympics in Illinois!

snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques 2009/10/02 16:16:42
Obama continuing corruption scheme foiled......happy paybacks NOT gonna happen!
I'm so damn happy Obama didn't get his way..............Even Illinois residents didnt want the money making scheme to transpire!
This entire thing was 'planned' way back during his bid for the presidency and was going to be part of obama agenda
Obamas Fail in Personal Pitch to Bring 2016 Olympics to Chicago
Olympic officials eliminated Chicago in the first round of voting from its bid to host the 2016 Summer Games, a surprise failure for President Obama who put his capital behind an enormous campaign.

Copenhagen (AP)
Fox News
Friday, October 02, 2009

COPENHAGEN - Chicago was eliminated in the first ballot of voting for the 2016 Olympics on Friday, a stunning defeat for President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama who put their capital behind an enormous campaign.

Chicago had seemed to pick up momentum in the last few days, with many International Olympic Committee members seemingly charmed by Michelle Obama. But when IOC president Jacques Rogge announced the results of the first vote, Chicago's name was announced.

Thousands of people gathered in downtown Chicago stood in stunned silence Friday after watching the International Olympic Committee choose someone else for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

The vote in Copenhagen was carried on huge television screens in the Daley Center, set up to carry what many had hoped would be apporval of Chicago to host the games.

Instead, Chicago was bounced in the first round of voting. An audible gasp could be heard from the crowd. Many stood for a few minutes, staring at the screen, and at least one flung his hands into the air in a crude gesture toward the TV screen.

Within seconds, people began filing out of the plaza.

Chicago was in a race with Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo and Madrid for the 2016 games.

Obama's visit to Copenhagen was the first time a U.S. president made such an in-person appeal.

"I urge you to choose Chicago for the same reasons I chose Chicago nearly 25 years ago -- the reasons I fell in love with the city I still call home," Obama told members of the International Olympic Committee, many of whom he later mingled with as some snapped photos of him on their cell phones.

"And if you do -- if we walk this path together -- then I promise you this: The city of Chicago and the United States of America will make the world proud," the president said.

Chicago, Rio de Janeiro, Madrid and Tokyo have been making their cases to the IOC for more than a year, but many IOC members were believed to be undecided about which city they would vote for Friday.

By the time the winning bid is announced, the Obamas should be back on a plane to Washington.

The president's whirlwind trip put him in the Danish capital for less than five hours Friday, with Chicago-backers hoping that would be sufficient to give Obama's adopted home town the advantage it needed to win the close, four-way race to become the host city of the 2016 Summer Games.

But the compressed time frame did not shield Obama from Republican criticism that he shouldn't be hopscotching to Europe in Air Force One when there were so many pressing issues to deal with at home.

Asked by a reporter how he thought his pitch went, Obama gave a thumbs up -- and he said the video montage of Chicago during the U.S. presentation made him miss home.

"Obviously now it's up to the IOC members, but we are just grateful for the incredible hospitality," Obama said.

He joked that only one part upset him: "They arranged for me to follow Michelle -- that's always bad."

Both Obamas spoke on deeply personal terms about Chicago, the city at the center of the world's spotlight so many times, including in November when the former Illinois senator won the White House. The president described Chicago as a city of diversity and warmth, a place where he finally found a home.

"It's a city that works, from its first World's Fair more than a century ago to the World Cup we hosted in the nineties," Obama said. "We know how to put on big events."

For all the anticipation surrounding Obama's appearance in Copenhagen, his arrival at the IOC meeting was decidedly subdued.

The 100-plus committee members, who had already been warned not show bias during the presentations, sat silently as the Obamas walked into the Bella Center with the rest of 12-member Chicago delegation.

Michelle Obama gave a passionate account of what the games would mean to her father, who taught her as a girl how to throw punches better than the boys. She spoke fondly of growing up on the South Side of Chicago, sitting on her father's lap and cheering on Olympic athletes.

She noted that her late father had multiple sclerosis, so she knows something about athletes who compete against tough odds.

"Chicago's vision for the Olympic and Paralympic movement is about so much more than what we can offer the games," she said. "It's about what the games can offer all of us -- it's about inspiring this generation and building a lasting legacy for the next."

The president anchored the U.S. charm offensive.

He referenced his own election as a moment when people from around the world gathered in Chicago to see the results last November and celebrate that "our diversity could be a source of strength."

"There is nothing I would like more than to step just a few blocks from my family's home and with Michelle and our two girls welcome the world back to our neighborhood," Obama said. "At the beginning of this new century, the nation that has been shaped by people from around the world wants a chance to inspire it once more."

In advance of Obama's arrival, Mrs. Obama did some high-powered lobbying for Chicago. The first lady has been in Copenhagen since Wednesday, holding one-on-one meetings with IOC members.

"I'm sure you'd all agree that she's a pretty big selling point," the president told his audience.

After the Obamas' comments, the U.S. delegation fielded questions from committee members, and at one point the president jumped in to answer. He said he envisioned that the Chicago games would allow the United States to restore its image as a place that, at its best, is "open to the world."

He emphasized that the White House and the State Department would put their full weight behind making sure international visitors "feel welcome and will come away with the sense of the incredible diversity of the American people." And Americans, he said, will be reminded of their links to the rest of the world.

Though IOC President Jacques Rogge has said heads of state aren't required to attend the IOC meeting, recent votes indicate their presence can make a difference.

During the 2005 IOC meeting in Singapore, then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair successfully lobbied members on behalf of London's bid for the 2012 Summer Games. Two years later, Vladimir Putin, then president of Russia, helped secure the 2014 Winter Games for Sochi on Russia's Black Sea coast.

FOX News' Eve Zibel and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Shell 2009/10/06 01:39:16
  • Dan 2009/10/05 03:34:25 (edited)
    Dan
    +2
    Obama is certainly corrupt, evident from his prior and current association with the racist (anti-white, anti-semitic) ACORN and his "reverend" Wright who considers white Conservatives the "real enemy" and ISlamic terrorists as "justified".
    However, Obama's failure to secure Illinois as the Olympics spot is honestly due to several things (NOT Bush, NOT Rush Limbaug, Hannity, or Beck, and NOT FOX News).
    Obama and his wife have never done anything to show ANY gratitude for the country that has given them their temporary opportunity to serve the American people. These mentally-diseased, racist, narcissists (Obama and wife) peceive their position of authority as something owed to them AND from which they can destroy our economy for the sole purpose of benefiting only their people (black Americans, socialists, terrorist groups, terrorist supporters, communists, anarchists, deranged liberals Hell-bent to ruin the order wthin our borders).
  • Texas GOP Dan 2009/10/05 06:13:33
    Texas GOP
    +1
    Very well said....:)
  • Texas GOP 2009/10/05 02:06:07
    I'm so damn happy Obama didn't get his way..............Even Illinois residen...
    Texas GOP
    +3
    This is a taste of what is to come for the Obamas. Obama wants to be the "first president in history to do everything". I hope that when he is up for re-election he is the first president to lose with the most votes against him! taste obamas obama president history hope re-election president lose votes
  • Diane T 2009/10/04 17:51:42
    Diane T
    +3
    mini player, playing oh so sorry..LOL
    continuing corruption scheme foiledhappy paybacks gonna mini player playing lol
    Think O is in shock? OR throwing a tantrum TOO BAD!
  • Gorky 2009/10/04 11:54:22
    Gorky
  • kimmy "In God I Trust" 2009/10/03 23:32:35
    kimmy "In God I Trust"
    +4
    damn happy obama wayeven illinois residents money scheme transpire
    Oh no...how sad...*sarcasm*
  • Dan kimmy "... 2009/10/05 03:39:07 (edited)
    Dan
    +3
    She epitomizes the pure hatred of several million (NOT most or ALL) black Americans who will NOT ever be truly happy until ALL positions of authority (in the US) are given only to black Americans. These black Americans (NOT most or all) are NO different than the Islamic terrorists who will NOT ever be happy until the entire world is Muslim (this, of course, will never happen - no matter how much the damned ACLU demands it).
  • bluejacket 2009/10/03 17:35:20
    This entire thing was 'planned' way back during his bid for the presidency an...
    bluejacket
    +3
    He sure has his priorities screwed up.

Now, wait for it, wait for it, someone's going call be a racist.
  • Dan bluejacket 2009/10/05 03:40:43 (edited)
    Dan
    +2
    I've already been branded by them several hundred times. It's how most Democrats handle anyone who contradicts their mindless, socialist, and irresponsibly liberal ways.
  • Arky in Y'shua 2009/10/03 14:16:25 (edited)
    Arky in Y'shua
    +3
    The Olympic Committee simply could not invision being responsible for all the victims of CRIME that would be the result of staging their event in a City as corrupt and derelict as Chicago, Illinios, USA!

I have to wonder if they didn't feel threatened by all the PUSHY Lobbying .. .. .. With Barack, Michelle, and Orpah, and all the others there. I can imagine them all at the table with their forks and knives in hand, chanting in unison,
    "We want Olymics .. .. .. we want Olymics .. .. .. we want Olymics!"
    imagine table forks knives hand chanting unison olymics olymics olymics
  • OLD CRACKER 2009/10/03 08:41:35
    OLD CRACKER
    +3
    MR & MRS OBAMA GOT THEIR A$$'S HANDED TO THEM IN COPENGANGEN.
  • Arky in... OLD CRA... 2009/10/03 14:21:48 (edited)
    Arky in Y'shua
    +2
    Yeah - at the expence, once again, of the American Tax Payers' Children!
    yeah expence american tax payers children
  • Dan OLD CRA... 2009/10/05 03:42:01
    Dan
    +1
    They'll blame it on white American Conservatives, as they do for everything wrong in life.
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/10/03 07:02:34
    NotWithoutAFight
  • Sadie100~In God we trust~ 2009/10/03 06:08:38
    Sadie100~In God we trust~
  • Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU 2009/10/03 04:45:01
    Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU
    +6
    Bhahahaha! Who's he going to blame? Oprah was there, maybe he'll throw her under the bus!
  • Texas GOP Hellno~... 2009/10/05 02:11:01
    Texas GOP
    +2
    ha ha ha...i like your post...:)
  • finalflicker 2009/10/03 04:09:52
    finalflicker
    +6
    i couldnt stop smiling all day..i just had to wonder if chicago had sent someone else if they would have faired better..but as it stands ..it couldnt have happened to a more deserving person... smiling chicago faired stands deserving person
  • Jon 2009/10/03 02:39:01
    Jon
    +5
    Since this double teaming speech with Michelle didn't work then defunding ICBM defenses, and nuke disarmaments with the idea obama's teleprompter will keep the world safe is not such a good idea after all.

work defunding icbm defenses nuke disarmaments obamas teleprompter world safe
  • 12 Tone Melody 2009/10/03 01:57:40
    12 Tone Melody
    +2
    I wonder how POed PigDaleyJr is
    Any idea what the O/U is for the bombing of Rio to start?
  • Fuzzysdad 2009/10/03 00:35:46
    Fuzzysdad
  • NotWith... Fuzzysdad 2009/10/03 07:03:43
    NotWithoutAFight
    +1
    I was going to go with ...

• Don 2009/10/03 00:12:35
    Don
    +4
    Obama is so disconnected from reality,its like unpluging the ice box from the wall.But EVERYONE will pull out the RACE CARD against the Olympic Commity.WATCH AND SEE!!!...The Olypic Commity Was Racist Towards Obama!!!Bet Ya!!!
  • Don Don 2009/10/03 03:17:18
    Don
    +2
    Community
  • NotWith... Don 2009/10/03 07:04:38
    NotWithoutAFight
    Hell, sweetie - no need to correct - we all don't grade fer spellin'...
  • Don NotWith... 2009/10/03 13:46:21
    Don
    +1
    I didn't want a "LIBERAL" spoutin off about it,so I fixed it,LOL...
  • Don NotWith... 2009/10/03 14:08:13 (edited)
    Don
    +2
    Oh Yea,Did YOU see how the White House is NOW Blaming Bush on this?
    WOW.HypoCritical...
  • ~Faith_N_Jesus ~ is returni... 2009/10/02 23:39:10
    ~Faith_N_Jesus ~ is returning to the old landmark
    I was surprized when I heard no Olympic's in Chacago.With all the big wheels behind it.
  • Alpha 2009/10/02 22:15:56
    Alpha
    +4
    Yeah, somebody stopped todays new taxes. Just wait till tomorrow, Obamanation will think of another way to tax us. Somebody tell me that they don't think for one minute that federal tax dollars would not have funded the thug olympic's....
  • snell/G... Alpha 2009/10/02 22:47:23
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    the dollars made after funding the bash would go into payback for getting him elected!
  • Steve☮END THE FED☮ 2009/10/02 22:03:34 (edited)
    Steve☮END THE FED☮
    +3
    Anyone see something here? The rest of the world does not like 0bama either.

world 0bama
  • shadow 2009/10/02 21:50:01
    shadow
    +4
    Mr. Hot Shot...... shot down...
  • hook 2009/10/02 20:54:40
    hook
    +4
    happy happy- joy joy!! yeeeee haaaaa!!
  • snell/G... hook 2009/10/02 22:37:06
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    that was me the minute i heard about it - it made my day!
  • ShadowHeart 2009/10/02 20:48:48
  • snell/G... ShadowH... 2009/10/02 22:37:44 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    yah i even felt 16 again! yippeeeee!!!! (which tells you something about how i must feel at age 37 with him in office).
  • Don snell/G... 2009/10/03 03:21:14
    Don
    +1
    How do you think I feel,I'm 46?
  • johnnywoo 2009/10/02 20:38:31
    johnnywoo
    +5
    Just goes to show you,Obama and wife don,t have the pull they think they have! Two planes flying,wasting our tax money,and what did they get,not a dam thing!
  • RebelStang 2009/10/02 20:09:13
    RebelStang
    +5
    Happy Days! Alright!
    Best News, I've Heard in a Long Time!
    Chitown's Nothing but,
    ganbangers, rapist,Murdurers & Thieves.
    RIO, Is a Bettter & Prettier City,
    then chicago, ever could be!
    YEE HAW! osamabama, bites the Dust! Real Good!
    Now for 2010 & 2012!
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    LONG LIVE THE REBELLION!

2014/10/01 06:03:18