Obamacare to Push Pizza Prices Higher?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/08/09 04:06:22
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has been blamed for a lot of things—higher taxes, potential insurance rate hikes, and now, higher pizza prices. According to Papa John’s Founder, Chairman and CEO John H. Schnatter, health-care reform will cost the company an additional 11 cents to 14 cents per pizza.

“We’re not supportive of Obamacare like most businesses in our industry,” Schnatter said in a call to analysts. “But our business model and unit economics are about as ideal as you can get for a food company to absorb Obamacare.”

Read More: http://bighealthreport.com/4341/obamacare-to-push-...

• polkastria 2012/08/09 11:35:31
    polkastria
    No surprise he said it as a big time donor to Romney.. but they lost me as a customer thanks to the comments. I was willing to overlook his political donations and his fund raiser for Mitt as his choice but this.. it pushes it a step too far.. I'm looking for a new pizza place now.

• HOMBRE 2012/08/09 04:13:15
    HOMBRE
    +2
    Saw that on the news tonight. Thanks Obama you P.O.S.
  • U-Dog 2012/08/09 04:11:43 (edited)
    U-Dog
    +2
    Importing fresh meat from china isn't as cheap as it used to be either.-)
    jybjyg
  • HOMBRE U-Dog 2012/08/09 04:34:32
    HOMBRE
    +2
    Go to the grocery stores and you see Obama policies there also.
  • ~ The R... HOMBRE 2012/08/09 04:40:24
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +2
    Actually did a walk through of several stores tonight and every where I went people were complaining about the increase in prices...

2014/09/02 22:07:22