Obamacare: Over 75 Death Sentence. What next, "Solyent Green"?

Birthpangs 2012/03/21 15:41:03

I had one of the most troubling, most disturbing conversations ever with Dr. Suzanne Allen, head of emergency services at the Johnson City Medical Center in Tennessee. We were discussing the "future" and I asked her had she seen an affects of Obama Care in her work?

"Oh, yes. We are seeing cutbacks throughout the services we provide. For example, we are now having to deal with patients who would normally receive dialysis can no longer be accepted. In the past, there was always automatic approval under M edicare for anyone who needed dialysis -- not anymore." So, what will be their outcome? "They will die soon without dialysis," she stated.

What about other services? She indicated as of 2013 (after the election), no one over 75 will be given major medical procedures unless approved by locally administered Ethics Panels. These Panels will determine whether a patient receives medical treatment or not. W hile details on specific operating procedures and schedules, Dr. Allen points out that most life-threatening emergencies do not occur during normal hospital business hours, and if there are emergencies that depend to be resolve within minutes or just few hours, the likely hood of getting these Panels approval in time to save a life are going to be very challenging and difficult, if not impossible she said.

This applies to major operations such as receiving stents, bypass surgery, kidney operations, or treating for an aneurysm that would be normally covered under M edicare today. In other words, if you needed a life-saving operation, M edicare will not provide coverage anymore after 2013 if you are 75 or over. W hen in 2013? " W e haven't been given a specific date -- could be in January or July….but it's after the election."

This is shocking to any of us who will be 75 this year. Her advice -- get healthy and stay healthy. W e do not know the specifics of the actual implementation of the full Obama Care policies and procedures -- "they haven't filtered down to the local level yet. But we are already seeing severe cuts in what we provide to the elderly -- we refused dialysis to an individual who was 78 just the other day….we refused to give stents to a gentleman who was in his late 80s." Every day, she said, we are seeing these cutbacks aimed at reducing care across the board for anyone who is over 75.

We can only hope that Obama Care will be overturned by the Supreme Court -- otherwise, this is a death sentence to those who are over 75….perhaps you should pass this on to your friends who are thinking of voting for Obama this year.

Regardless if you have private health care coverage now (I have Aetna M edicare Part B) -- it will no longer apply after 2013 if the Ethics Panels disapprove of a procedure that may save your life. Scary, scary, scary. Think about this? You? Your parents? Your loved ones?

Didn't know about it? Of course, not. As Nancy Pelosi said…."well, if you want to know what's in the bill, you'll have to read it…." After it was passed.

This is a graphic reminder of the need to stay healthy. Get your plot now at Forest Lawn….while they last. Is this a death sentence to those of us who will reach 75? Yes!

• zbacku 2012/03/21 17:15:34
    Pick your gravesite. Obama has people ready to dig the hole to put you in. ...
    zbacku
    +9
    NOTICE: To All Liberals that say that there are no 'death panels'.
    Can you PLEASE just SHUT UP!!!!!

I hope many of you turn 75 before I do.

• Ed Herbert 2012/05/10 20:17:08
    Other
    Ed Herbert
    The conversation is not true. The originator of the blog/email was a guest in Dr. Allen's home. He is using Dr. Allen's name and that of Johnson City Medical Center (JCMC) to wrongly promote his political position. Another issue is that Dr. Allen, who the blog names a ER leadership or more, is one of our incredibly skilled and caring ED physicians in the level I trauma center/Emergency Department at JCMC, again, not in any leadership role. She was very upset that the individual would fabricate a conversation about healthcare reform and use her name to add credibility to his position.

The statements attributed to Dr. Allen were not said, the statements about Johnson City Medical Center are not true. The healthcare reform law, according to Dr. Allen, does not change the way in which she care for her patients. From a hospital point of view, if there has been any effect from the healthcare reform law, it has been increased access for patients.

You can learn about Johnson City Medical Center (JCMC) at www.msha.com/jcmc. You will see JCMC is a;

* not-for-profit medical center,
    * our region's tertiary referral center for 29 counties,
    * a safety net hospital caring for the uninsured/under-insured/charity patients,
    * a major teaching hospital with the East Tenn S...

* not-for-profit medical center,
    * a major teaching hospital with the East Tenn State University Quillen College of Medicine,
    * level I trauma center with four air ambulances bringing patients from as far as 125 miles away
    * the top heart hospital in East TN, one of the top 100 in the US
    * designated perinatal center for this region by the State of TN.

You are welcome to share this information or contact me for more information.
    Ed Herbert
    Vice President, MSHA Communications and Marketing
    herbertec@msha.com
    423.431.1019
  • ohcomeon 2012/04/19 13:55:24
    Other
    ohcomeon
    Don't want to rain on anyone's hate parade, but this conversation didn't happen, the hospital says no ethics panel exists and the doctor herself says it is untrue. http://www.snopes.com/politic... cue the 'snopes' is the tool of the libtards defense...
  • Birthpangs ohcomeon 2012/04/19 15:16:03
  • ohcomeon Birthpangs 2012/04/19 20:02:44
    ohcomeon
    This article is just a rehashing of the 'Deaths Panel' scare piece and is nearly identical in tactic to the one that erupted earlier this year after a 'neurosurgeon' called in to the Mark Levin show claiming that anyone over age 70 would receive 'comfort care' instead of neurosurgery. Same tactic, different words and field of medicine. That caller, 'Jeff from Chicago', was proven to be a fraud and motivated by politics - here's the statement from the Congress of Neurological Surgeons - http://www.cns.org/advocacy/w... Likewise, Dr Allen and the hospital referenced in the article above have denied any truth to the message. Not trusting Snopes is fine. But when the same exact message is transmitted on countless hyper partisan websites but not even addressed by larger news outlets, especially with a story as big as this, some level of skepticism is appropriate.
  • Birthpangs ohcomeon 2012/05/11 18:02:36
  • firebird 2012/03/27 06:04:52
    firebird
    +1
    Obama Care in my opinion is a disaster waiting to happen on all levels. Now, saying this I am not against a national healthcare but NOT this one. ITS so wrong in so many ways! we are losing some serious rights if this HC stays the way it currently is written.
  • Kronan_1 2012/03/23 00:48:54
    Kronan_1
    I made this comparison about Soylent Green a year ago.
  • cynsity 2012/03/22 21:00:08
    Other
    cynsity
    This si no suprise there has never been a way for a government to care for all the needs of all its citizens and those which have tried have had to sacrifice certain groups for teh better of others and still in the long term they fail....
    But I think, hopem prey that before we getto such a state we rebel that we do not sit and let it happen that we do not go gently into the night
  • Birthpangs cynsity 2012/03/22 21:24:19
  • cynsity Birthpangs 2012/03/22 21:55:15
    cynsity
    +1
    I already served once I will agin if need be just don't expect me to fight by those same rules this is a bigger more important battle...
  • Birthpangs cynsity 2012/03/22 22:14:31
  • Evan 2012/03/22 12:12:24
    Evan
    +1
    We knew this was part of Obama"care", so no surprise. At my age, I'm ready to go. Who wants to live in a country ruled by an Obama, rubber-stamped by a helpless Congress?
  • Bucky 2012/03/22 08:41:01
    Bucky
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/22 06:38:03
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    I won't have to worry about reaching 75. I'll be one of the first ones to "go" because of a reb_llion.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/22 03:52:56 (edited)
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    It is spelled Soylent Green.

spelled soylent green
  • drdos1943 2012/03/22 03:20:40
    Other
    drdos1943
    +1
    I wonder what Soiient green will taste like....hopefully a char-broiled medium rare steak.
  • James Sexton 2012/03/22 03:20:23
    James Sexton
    Was this a personal conversation or do you have a link for the source? I sure would like to carry this on my blog, but I need the source.....
  • Birthpangs James S... 2012/03/22 14:09:47
  • James S... Birthpangs 2012/03/23 14:19:32
    James Sexton
    Thanks....
  • mac9 2012/03/22 02:43:32
    mac9
    +1
    Yeah... the libs think they will all be exempt from obama's policies. To obama all his subjects are unimportant.
  • sara 2012/03/22 01:59:21
    Other
    sara
    +3
    Obama is a stupid a#@& I hope he has to go to a hospital I work @. Ever see "Misery" he's ruining are healthcare not helping it. There will be a bigger shortage of Dr's & Nurses & students will not go to Medical School it won't be worth it. Good one Obama another mess your adm seems to be forcing on poor tax payers.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/22 01:30:44
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    And who was it that was calling these panels "Death Panels" and was demonized for doing so? Yeah, that's right it was the lady that was so dumb that she could see Russia from her house... So dumb... that she predicted exactly what is happening NOW...

• Angela 2012/03/22 01:10:11
    Angela
    +1
    Death panels..need I say more?
  • Doreen 2012/03/21 23:54:08
    Other
    Doreen
    the death panels which have been here for years and years and years ( in other words way before Obama ) they are just getting worse. I am/have been living the death panels. If I make an appointment two months ahead ( normal procedure where I live ) and I show up ahead of time like I always do and someone who has better insurance that is just a walk in comes in I lose my place. I play Russian roulette with my medication because I never know if it is covered from month to month ( they do not send out info to tell you that it is no longer covered or will not be covered anymore ). I have a procedure done once a year to help me keep the ability to walk and I do not know from year to year whether it will be covered anymore. there has only been two times that I got in immediately to the hospital and that was when I had my strokes and the only reason I got in is miraculously ( both times ) there was no one there and no one with better insurance that walked in right after I was being taken back. I am now only 44 and as I get older with my already poor health I am praying that by the time I am 75 if I live that long ( please no ) that there will be a legal choice to be put to sleep.
  • Birthpangs Doreen 2012/03/22 00:35:28
  • Doreen Birthpangs 2012/03/22 00:48:39
    Doreen
    +1
    Like I said it is getting worse. Each year it gets worse and I do not plan on getting anything even though I am paying for it. It is going to come down to that for the disabled and the elderly eventually.
  • Birthpangs Doreen 2012/03/22 00:50:57
  • Doreen Birthpangs 2012/03/22 01:07:43
    Doreen
    +3
    What people forget is that the disabled are right beside the elderly ( no more no less ). I know this because I am disabled.
  • Bill Rind 2012/03/21 23:53:46
  • Charles E Bill Rind 2012/03/22 02:45:59
    Charles E
    +1
    The decisions will all be made by people not required to have even passed a first aid class
  • Gordon 2012/03/21 23:41:48
    Gordon
    +5
    I would not be surprised if Anglo-Saxon & other Europena descent Christians are allowed to die, while minorities and loose women are given treatment.
  • Bill Rind Gordon 2012/03/21 23:57:23
  • redneck 2012/03/21 23:14:37 (edited)
    redneck
    +4
    It's only the begining,what's next kids with serious health troubles.And you progressives keep kissing this scumbags butt.When you get sick and he puts you down like a sick animal,we'll see who's laughing and kissing butt. obamas death pannels obamas death pannels
  • big T 2012/03/21 23:14:04
    big T
    +2
    well it is nice to now know the liberals will all be burried in the ground beside me in the same hole, only diffrence is that they earned by voting for it and I didn't .
  • Jim 2012/03/21 23:02:10
    Jim
    +2
    To all you liberals, especially Mopeder, next time, ask what the candidate means by change. Don't vote blindly.
  • Soup Man 2012/03/21 23:01:33
    Other
    Soup Man
    +1
    Don't eat Solient Yellow
  • CHUCK 2012/03/21 22:33:11
    Other
    CHUCK
    +3
    NONE OF THIS COULD BE TRUE..,BECAUSE SARAH PALIN SAID THE SAME THING..

Photobucket
  • D Hanes 2012/03/21 22:30:51
    D Hanes
    +1
    ...lol... and if we dont go fast enough.. I am sure Obama has a death squad ready to help us.. this is especially for seniors.. I hope they are brave and smart enough not to vote for him again, despite his false promises. he is a Liar!
  • Herb 2012/03/21 22:30:09
    Herb
    +3
    thats why its important for the supreme court to strike this law down all the way.
    nancy was right pass it and find out whats in it. well we are looking and finding we don't like what we are seeing nancy.
  • Bill Rind Herb 2012/03/21 23:58:11
    Bill Rind
    +1
    She needs to go and and go straight into her gravsite for her treason along with Reid.

2014/11/26 13:56:50