Obama winning in the polls. What's Romney's problem?

flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 00:03:10
Even Fox News has Obama ahead by +5.

• FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/07/05 00:50:45
    This is Romney's problem
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +6
    Obama is ahead for sure.. but National Polls are meaningless for the Presidential Election because votes aren't counted that way. At this point one has to look at the combined state polls and their relativity to the National Electoral map - which has Obama MUCH farther ahead of Romney. Mitt has no chance.

http://www.realclearpolitics....

• Dave 2012/07/05 12:38:26
    Dave
    +3
    The basic problem is American stupidity. They have been taught that a man who has earned his own money is somehow immoral while a career politician who has never earned a dime on his own is some sort of saint.That's just ass backward.

Additionally, the average voter is lazy would rather follow Follywood's lead than think for him/herself.

Also, if you remove the welfare recipients, felons, and illegal voters, Romney would have a huge lead .
  • flaca BN-0 Dave 2012/08/09 03:05:24
    flaca BN-0
    I hope you realize that Obama is the one who has earned what he has, whereas Romney got his money from birth, and it appears Bain was funded by nasty (drug-culture) Salvadorians.
  • Dave flaca BN-0 2012/08/26 13:43:03
    Dave
    Were you aware that Romney gave away his entire inheritance to charity and EARNED everything he has ? Of course you weren't. You just swallowed the Chicago-style Kook-Aid and asked for more. And where in the world did you come with Salvadoran drug cartels ? Even by Obama-sized lies, that's whipper. Try thinking. It may give you a headache at first, but you will get used to it.
    This is Romney's problem
    +2
    Its himself!
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/05 08:01:45
    This is Romney's problem
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    His problem is Ron Paul and the fact that he has stated that he supports NDAA and The Patriot Act. I do think that he would be an improvement over Obama. But then that is not saying much as it would be easy to improve on him.
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/07/05 07:58:20
    This is Romney's problem
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    most understand there is little difference from obama... same ole crap, different "election".
  • Wolfman 2012/07/05 07:56:00
    Wolfman
    +2
    Romney hasn't even been nominated yey or picked a VP.
  • Nimitz 2012/07/05 06:46:22
    Nimitz
    +1
    The only poll that matters is the one were they pull the lever.
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/07/05 06:24:58 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    The polls yesterday showed Romney leading. July 4
    I don't believe the polls: they're all wrong
    +3
    The polls won't mean anything until the VP candidates are named and the debates are done.
  • gvc 2012/07/05 04:52:45
    This is Romney's problem
    gvc
    +4
    The time to strike is not now.....wait till the fall.
    Lame stream media won't cover him anyway....they want that failure reelected.
  • ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮ 2012/07/05 04:40:31
    This is Romney's problem
    ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮
    +2
    Ron Paul can beat Obama hands down. Romney needs to just drop out!
  • burningsnowman 2012/07/05 04:36:07
    burningsnowman
    +1
    Romney might be down in the national polls, but he's getting SO much money from Wall Street. If he keeps out fundraising Obama that alone could turn the tide. Plus people aren't paying attention to the recent slow down in manufacturing or the economic problems in Europe and China. It doesn't matter if Romney is a subpar candidate if those things drag the whole economy down further by November.
  • flaca BN-0 burning... 2012/07/05 04:37:11
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    so you're saying that money should determine stuff?
  • burning... flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:40:11
    burningsnowman
    +1
    Well in a sane system no, but it's obviously rare for someone to outspend a candidate and still lose. I think Kerry technically raised more money than Bush but not by the insane margins Romney has been leading Obama by. Wisconsin showed just how much SuperPAC cash could help out a politician with mediocre approvals when Walker won by 7% in his own recall.
  • Ken flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 05:23:25
    It always does, look at 2008 and 2010.
  • Dave burning... 2012/07/05 12:40:08
    Dave
    +1
    So the mega-millions Obama is extorting from his Follywood cronies is chicken feed ??
  • burning... Dave 2012/07/05 12:47:58
    burningsnowman
    He sucks, don't get me wrong.
  • Peacock 2012/07/05 04:29:24
    This is Romney's problem
    Peacock
    +1
    Romney is a MUCH better public speaker than John McCain. That being said, he cannot compete with Obama...that man has too damn much charisma, and he uses it. I never liked President Obama, but if you listen long enough to him speaking, you almost WANT to believe him. Romney lacks that SPARK...but polls have been wrong...crossing my fingers.
  • flaca BN-0 Peacock 2012/07/05 04:38:27
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    isn't Obama's spark as you call it derived from belief. Romney has no belief. That's why he lacks spark?
  • Peacock flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 13:22:39
    Peacock
    Used car salesman have Spark.
    This is Romney's problem
    +5
    Romney is jerk and the public knows it.
  • Colleen 2012/07/05 03:59:11
    Colleen
    +4
    Rasmussen has called it right the last few elections...frightfully close. He is an Independent pollster.
    He has Romney ahead. Since he is the one who calls it right much more often than the others..he is the one to believe.
  • flaca BN-0 Colleen 2012/07/05 04:26:19
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    not every Rasmussen poll.
  • Wolfman flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 07:59:29
    Wolfman
    What does that mean?
  • A Founding Father 2012/07/05 03:31:51
    This is Romney's problem
    A Founding Father
    +2
    In order to achieve the nomination of the Party of No, Romney must claim to support the positions of RWNJs on "issues" they have created. He is so burdened by these arguments and whinings that he has alienated large portions of even long-time Republicans. The RNC didn't learn anything from the defeat in 2008 and will learn nothing from the defeat of 2012. Theirs is a determination to capture all the sources of power that money can buy, and the money, else just leave a scorched earth until next time.
  • Cognito22 2012/07/05 03:27:50
    Cognito22
    +2
    It's going to come down to the debates.
    If Obama can sell his lies one more time, he'll win again.

Sad thing is, most Americans will buy his lies a second time . . .
    due to a failed education system and our derelict media.
  • A Found... Cognito22 2012/07/05 03:36:42
    A Founding Father
    +1
    I agree with you. The RWNJs are mostly undereducated sorts and even FOX propaganda and a few talk show pundits cannot make enough of them to win the forthcoming election. Maybe by mid-century the Republican Party can be reclaimed by "We the people", from the grasp of the "Top 2% Club", and return itself to decency and again elect a President. Let's hope so.
  • flaca BN-0 A Found... 2012/07/05 03:44:45
    flaca BN-0
    you call Fox "propaganda" yet you seem OK with that. That's seriously shameful dude.
  • A Found... flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:05:43 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Under "rights" of the first Amendment, even the Saudi Royal Family and their Prince who, together with Rupert Murdoch, have "freedom" to broadcast Anti American propaganda 24/7 around the world and here in the U.S. with their "Fox" network.
  • Cognito22 A Found... 2012/07/05 05:28:16
    Cognito22
    . . . and Pravda West . . . also known as the MSM.
  • Dave A Found... 2012/07/05 12:41:58
    Dave
    Sory, but the Dems have a lock on stupid and uneducated.
  • flaca BN-0 Cognito22 2012/07/05 03:43:49
    flaca BN-0
    what lies?
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 03:51:44
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 03:53:24
    Cognito22
    +2
    Lies During Third Year

I will walk on that picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain.
    Youtube

In his 2012 State of the Union Address, President Obama said that American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.
    www.breitbart.com

I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever
    Obama aided Islamic Extremists take over of Egypt/ Libya – Weapons pour into Gaza

Virtually every Senate Republican voted against the tax cut last week
    Examiner

“Every idea that we’ve put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike.”
    Like Raising taxes?

Obama met highly qualified out of work teacher Robert Baroz
    He wasn’t out of work and Obama never met him.

GOP Responsible for Obama Jobs Bill Not Passing
    Dems Rejected Jobs Bill

You have 80 percent of the American people who support a balanced approach. Eighty percent of the American people support an approach that includes revenues and includes cuts. So the notion that somehow the American people aren’t sold is not the problem
    Gallup Poll: Only 69%

These are obligations that the United States has taken on in the past. Congress has run up the credit card, and we now have an obligation to pay our bills.
    Looks like it’s been incurred mostly in the years of ...

Lies During Third Year

Youtube

www.breitbart.com

Examiner

Like Raising taxes?

Dems Rejected Jobs Bill

Gallup Poll: Only 69%

Looks like it’s been incurred mostly in the years of Obama

Jobs Bill Paid for
    Seems not so much Paid for

Then you’ve got their(GOP)which is dirtier air, dirtier water, less people with health insurance
    Barack Obama, campaiging in Asheville, NC, 10/17/11

I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.
    American.com

USA producing more oil than ever before
    Petroleum Insights

Fence between US and Mexico is “Practically Complete”
    Department of Homeland Security says 5%

Rich doesn’t pay their fair share.
    National Taxpayers Union

Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children.
    Cnn Interview

Lies During Second Year

Obama claimed the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United v. FEC, “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections.
    nationalreview.com

No signing statements to nullify or undermine congressional instructions as enacted into law
    Obama Lies to Keep Czars

No “boots” on the ground Libya
    Anyone that has worked with the AC-130 gunship can tell you, you need spotters to let aircraft know where the targets are. Usually it is Special Forces, Rangers etc trained for this mission. It’s CIA Agents in Libya on the ground

Reform will also rein in the abuse and excess that nearly brought down our financial system. It will finally bring transparency to the kinds of complex, risky transactions that helped trigger the financial crisis.
    Obama Lies About Financial Reform Bill

All Americans WILL BE were, “surprised, disappointed and angry” about lockerbie bomber
    Obama Memo

I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill stops
    Obama’s Schedule

The health care bill will not increase the deficit by one dime.
    Campaign and Presidency

If you like the health care plan you have you can keep it
    TownHall

“Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”
    U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C., September 9, 2009.

ObamaCare Fee is not a new tax
    Obama denies healthcare is a new tax on all Americans

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
    Obama’s oval office speech in June 2010

Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.
    Arizona Immigration Law

Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Greedy Doctors taking out tonsils for more money.
    Claims never documented

The Health Care Package will pay for itself
    Time

Republicans don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas — not one.
    Hmm Immigration?

We shouldn’t Mandate the purchase of health care
    Democratic Debate Lies

Obama says he’ll save average family $8,000 in gas
    Video Proof

I am immediately instituting PayGo “Pay as you go”
    Said during a speech immediately after the Trillion Dollar “Shovel Ready” bill.

I got the Message from Massachusetts
    Daily Bail

Lies During First Year

We began by passing a Recovery Act that has already saved or created over 150,000 jobs.” – caught cooking the books and now changed to ‘jobs supported’ versus ‘created/saved’
    AP fact Checker

Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit. … That wasn’t me.” – Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, controlled the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited.Obama supported the emergency bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger.
    AP fact Checker

Collective salvation
    Obama calls himself a Christian

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Obama Inauguration. 20 Jan 2009

Cut Deficit in Half by end of first term
    Associated Press Video

Health Care deals will be covered on C-span
    Obama Lies

As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide
    ABC

Recovery Act will save or create jobs
    ABC News

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
    Obama Lies

No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus
    CNN

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan
    Specator.Org

We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages.
    Obama Lies

I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
    NPR

Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year
    Council on Foreign Relations.

Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
    Businessweek: Obama Agnostic on taxes
    List of Tax Promise Violations

2008 Campaign Lies

I will walk the picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain
    Youtube

No more wiretapping of citizens
    Youtube

Mr. Ayers as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
    News Busters

I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps
    United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Obama campaign would accept public funding
    ABC

Minimum Wage will increase to $9.50/hr
    A Socialist

Ann Dunham spent the months before her death in 1995 fighting with insurance companies that sought to deny her the coverage she needed to pay for treatment.
    Mounting Heath Care Lies

Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical
    Dreams of My Father – A radical Socialist.

Would have the most transparent administration in History
    Cato Institute

We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.
    Boston Globe

I have visited all 57 states.
    Snopes

I’ll get rid of earmarks
    Source: Any bill passed during presidency

When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.
    Campaign Speech

My father served in World War II.
    The Videos and the Facts

Have troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2009
    News Video

Seniors Making less than 50,000 will not have to pay taxes
    YouTube

Would not vote for any bill supporting troop funding without a firm withdrawal commitment from the Bush Administration.
    He has done nothing but continue the Bush admins strategy and to explain how the “surges total failure” has now become his greatest achievement.

Present Votes Are Common In Illinois
    NPR

I Won Michigan
    Huffington Post

I won Nevada
    The Nation

I don’t Have Lobbyists
    US News

My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad
    Crooks and Liars

I Have Always Been Against Iraq
    Washington Post

My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country
    CNN

Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
    Obama Campaign Video

I Barely Know Rezko
    Sun Times

My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church
    ABC News
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:01:45
  • flaca BN-0 Cognito22 2012/07/05 04:27:31
    flaca BN-0
    don't go to sites. just go to opinion.s Where's yours?
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:31:54
    Cognito22
    +2
    above . . . where you replied "What lies?"
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:02:59
  • Cognito22 flaca BN-0 2012/07/05 04:03:47

2014/10/23 10:13:39