Obama will be celebrating the 4th of July hobnobbing with the rich and famous in France (I'm not making this up). How will you be celebrating July 4th?

Simmering Frog - PHART 2012/07/01 01:09:53
I won't be celebrating too much. I can't really afford it because I don't have a job.
What an a-hole.
Obama shouldn't be let back in unless he shows proper documentation.
I'll be celebrating with a family get together and fireworks.
Obama hates America

• Proggy 2012/07/05 01:39:02 (edited)
    Proggy
    +19
    I'ts so pathetic but typical of the right-wing troglodytes here on SH to leave the blog up even though it's been proven to be a BIG FAT LIE! But please leave it up, it's simply another of many testaments to how desperate, petty, and fatuous you people are.

You're right about one thing, YOU didn't make it up, this LIE originated on Breitbart.com (no shock there) where literally lies from Hell are told, and you like the rest of the right-wing minions just took it and ran without checking for facts or researching the truth. This is why attack ads work on you people so well.

minions ran checking facts researching truth attack ads work people

• Vision of Verve 2012/07/07 14:42:53
  • Dolly 2012/07/07 12:24:06
    Dolly
  • Ira 2012/07/05 21:23:07
  • Roger47 2012/07/05 16:18:16
    Roger47
    +1
    Wht are so many right wingers so quick to believe things that are false, like the claim President Obama is in France on the 4th? Is it a matter of intellect? Is it gullibility?
  • Proggy Roger47 2012/07/05 17:37:54
    Proggy
    +1
    I'd say both. Right-wingers are stupid and gullible.
  • Simmeri... Roger47 2012/07/05 18:05:53
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    Ok. I got this one wrong. Are you willing to admit you got man made global warming wrong?
  • Roger47 Simmeri... 2012/07/05 18:07:49
    Roger47
    No way. It is real.
  • Simmeri... Roger47 2012/07/05 19:19:54
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    And Obama went to France. See how that works?
  • historian 2012/07/05 15:11:28
    historian
    I don't celebrate Independence Day, since this nation is in worse trouble and arguably under a worse tyrannical government than it was when the declaration was signed. As for what i did, I spent it praying that God would protect those lighting fireworks in the middle of a giant, dry, drought-stricken tinderbox, and thankfully I only heard one fire truck on the highway last night.
  • Roger47 historian 2012/07/05 16:20:06
    Roger47
    +1
    Do you believe global warming is real?
  • historian Roger47 2012/07/05 18:54:29
    historian
    I don't believe in the "climate change" propaganda being used to excuse extorting more money from the people of this world. I believe the world moves through warming and cooling phases throughout the decades and centuries, and if the science were clear that mankind was making a significant, adverse affect on these natural cycles, the numbers and evidence wouldn't require cooking the books and scare tactics. I believe the real purpose behind the carbon tax movement is to provide independent, "income tax" like revenue for a single world government, where countries end up being treated like the states of the U.S., with no real sovereignty, no real power, and no real representation for the people who live there.
  • Roger47 historian 2012/07/05 19:00:58
    Roger47
    The science is simple. CO2 and other greenhouse gasses absorb the wavelengths of solar energy when it is reflected in the form of heat. That means the heat stays here.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your preferred news source?
  • historian Roger47 2012/07/05 19:12:28
    historian
    First of all, I'm not a environmental specialist, a earth sciences major, a weather man, etc. I don't watch television unless I put a movie in, as I have no interest in corporate propaganda. I stand by what I stated above, and considering the picture as a whole, you will never convince me that the "global cooling, then global warming, and now climate change" movement is about anything more than extortion for global government, period. There is no doubt that many of the rank and file of that movement have nothing but good intentions, but so do the armies of people waving flags and screaming support for the "war on terror", and both are misled.
  • Roger47 historian 2012/07/05 19:13:35
    Roger47
    At least we can agree on the "war on terror."
  • Grand Gentleman 2012/07/05 15:01:10
    Grand Gentleman
    +2
    Andrew McCarthy, a lawyer and writer for National Review magazine. On Saturday morning, he posted a one-sentence item to the magazine’s blog saying that President Obama would spend July 4th in France on a fund-raising trip.

That was flatly untrue: AP had already reported on Friday that the President would spend the holiday at the White House at a barbecue for military families. The real story sounds really patriotic; the false story sounds really unpatriotic. So of course, McCarthy believed the false story.
  • The Electrician 2012/07/05 13:18:49
    The Electrician
    +3
    What a total LIE !
  • Nimitz 2012/07/05 06:17:28
    What an a-hole.
    Nimitz
    FINALLY! A poll with the right choices!
  • Proggy Nimitz 2012/07/05 16:15:56
    Proggy
    +1
    Yeah, never mind the FACT that the whole story is a big fat LIE!
  • Simmeri... Proggy 2012/07/05 18:07:17 (edited)
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    You mean like algore's global warming? You know that's a lie yet you continue to believe it. Why?
  • Proggy Simmeri... 2012/07/05 22:26:37
    Proggy
    I don't remember the blog topic being about global warming. Right-wing ignorance and denial about global warming isn't the topic. Focus dude, focus!
  • American 2012/07/05 04:21:16
    American
    +6
    That's a blatant lie and RWNJs damn well know it. If it wasn't for telling lies on the president they would be at loss for entertainment.
  • Simmeri... American 2012/07/05 05:56:52
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    +1
    Did Obama lie about Obamacare not being a tax? Granted I made a mistake here but since when is lying wrong for the left?
  • GOP Poison Simmeri... 2012/07/05 13:12:24
    GOP Poison
    +2
    Lying is always wrong.Perpetuating and spreading a known lie is about the president is treasenous and anti American.
  • The Ele... Simmeri... 2012/07/05 13:20:10
    The Electrician
    There is NO such thing as "Obamacare."
  • Proggy Simmeri... 2012/07/05 16:14:26
    Proggy
    Oh so that's what the new word for LIE is, mistake? No he didn't LIE, the Supreme Court ruled it that way. But guess what genius, it's a PENALTY or a FINE that will only affect less than 1% who can well afford health insurance and still refuse to attain it. Just like when you let your car insurance lapse they charge you a PENALTY, now you can label it a "TAX" if you wish, but either way you're simply paying a fine for not honoring your obligation under the law. DEAL WITH IT!

By the way, YOU LIED! This was no "MISTAKE". I looked at the date you posted this and it was common knowledge by then that this was a lie. Then again, you're probably right, it's not like you people actually research the FACTS & TRUTH about anything that you "like" to hear.
  • American Simmeri... 2012/07/05 17:57:55
    American
    No he did not. Obama said it was a penalty and probably still believe it to be such. It was Judge Roberts decision to label it a tax in order to throw Obama haters aka Republicans a bone when he upheld the constitutionality of, as you people call it, "OBAMACARE". There, my dubious friend, lies the obvious difference between a difference of opinion and a blatant lie. Whatever one chooses to call it, tax or penalty, it is still for the greater good of the American people. It will only effect those who can afford to pay for health care and refuse to accept personal responsibility. I am sure you are not one of those or are you?. :-)
  • Proggy American 2012/07/05 16:15:18
    Proggy
    It's nature, birds fly, dogs bark, fish swim, and conservatives LIE! They can't help it, it's simply what they do.
  • MsTlynne #NoJusticeNoPeace 2012/07/05 03:47:12 (edited)
    MsTlynne #NoJusticeNoPeace
    +7
    What an effing liar! France never was the plan for the 1st family to celebrate Independence Day. They traditionally spend it at Martha's Vineyard, but stayed at the White House this year instead. EFFING LIARS!!!
  • RogerCoppock 2012/07/05 03:05:45
    RogerCoppock
    +7
    NO! OBAMA IS NOT IN FRANCE FOR THE 4TH.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/0...

Who starts these stupid rumors?

Why do Racist Right Wing Nut Jobs believe anything derogatory about Obama?
  • The Ele... RogerCo... 2012/07/05 13:22:48
    The Electrician
    +2
    Stupid people start these rumors, it's an entire culture known as Conservatism and those A$$holes get to vote also.
  • Starman 2012/07/05 02:55:25
    Starman
    +4
    This is just a lie. You can't just make crap up, the people will hear the truth.
  • Simmeri... Starman 2012/07/05 05:57:20
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    +1
    You mean like Obamacare not being a tax?
  • GOP Poison Simmeri... 2012/07/05 13:13:49
    GOP Poison
    +3
    It is a tax unless they do it in Massachussets then Romney says it is a penalty
  • The Ele... Simmeri... 2012/07/05 13:25:25
    The Electrician
    +1
    It's not a tax. If you don't have it, you not allowed certain "tax breakes."
  • Starman Simmeri... 2012/07/05 14:21:55
    Starman
    +1
    No, like the President is in Washington DC.
  • Proggy Simmeri... 2012/07/05 17:41:12
    Proggy
    You keep bringing that up, but I don't see that in the title of this blog. When you got called out for the blatant LIE you told then you change the subject. No one is falling for your "bait and switch" tactic here pal.
  • Idiot repubs 2012/07/05 02:52:04
    Idiot repubs
    +6
    Lying republicans. He's at the white House and was at Camp David Saturday through this morning.
  • MO.gal 2012/07/05 02:34:08
    MO.gal
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/07/05 02:18:55
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +9
    Oh you have another of these threads. You fell for that false Breitbart report. Hilarious. The President was on the South Lawn of the White House today celebrating Independence Day with members of the military and their families

Man I bet you feel stupid now, huh. (although... how would you KNOW if you did? LMFAO!!)
  • Max7 2012/07/05 01:58:53
    Max7
    +5
    I'm glad that President Obama is getting some me time, after all the presidents before him sure had a lot of it, however, the nay sayers try to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Perhaps if people would re-evaluate themselves and shoot for other goals, maybe they'd find work. There are jobs out there, at 73 if I can find work, anybody should be able to, I want a P/T job, but I keep getting offered full time jobs, I;ve been there and done that! I celebrate life and feel blessed that life for me is no worse than it is, because it could be worse.

2014/12/22 20:19:34