OBAMA? Why are you buying 100 years of ammunition? The people want to know!

mach-1 BL-106 2013/03/12 21:50:09
Yes I want to know this from Obama himself ...
I don't care what Obama does he is my leader
I know what the ammo is for ..the writing is on the wall!
Feds buying 100 years worth of ammo!
Now ,I don't know about you...but this is not good!
Why is our administration buying THESE THINGS!
I THOUGHT OBAMA WAS A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER! So what kind of war is he gearing up for?
Why do they need this much ammo ? Inside our country?
and why is No one asking him these questions?
I THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS AND THEY AREN'T GOOD!
AND OBAMA,I WILL KEEP ASKING UNTIL YOU ANSWER.
This Government’s argument ‘could only fool a career civil servant’

(Forbes) – The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

Add to this perplexing outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, repatriated from the Iraqi and Afghani theaters of operation. As observed by “paramilblogger” Ken Jorgustin last September:

SPECIAL: Bypass the Lame Stream Media! Expose The Truth About ‘America’s Fraud President’ to UNLIMITED Households!

“[T]he Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.”

These MRAP’s ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions.”

Regardless of the exact number of MRAP’s being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone… yes, definitely. Let’s protect our men and women. On the streets of America… ?”

“They all have gun ports… Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America…?

Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?”

Why indeed? It is utterly inconceivable that Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is planning a coup d’etat against President Obama, and the Congress, to install herself as Supreme Ruler of the United States of America. There, however, are real signs that the Department bureaucrats are running amok. About 20 years ago this columnist worked, for two years, in the U.S. Department of Energy’s general counsel’s office in its procurement and finance division. And is wise to the ways. The answer to “why would DHS need such a vehicle?” almost certainly is this: it’s a cool toy and these (reportedly) million dollar toys are being recycled, without much of a impact on the DHS budget. So… why not?

Why, indeed, should the federal government not be deploying armored personnel carriers and stockpiling enough ammo for a 20-year war in the homeland? Because it’s wrong in every way. President Obama has an opportunity, now, to live up to some of his rhetoric by helping the federal government set a noble example in a matter very close to his heart (and that of his Progressive base), one not inimical to the Bill of Rights: gun control. The federal government can (for a nice change) begin practicing what it preaches by controlling itself.

Remember the Sequester? The president is claiming its budget cuts will inconvenience travelers by squeezing essential services provided by the (opulently armed and stylishly uniformed) DHS. Quality ammunition is not cheap. (Of course, news reports that DHS is about to spend $50 million on new uniforms suggests a certain cavalier attitude toward government frugality.)

Spending money this way is beyond absurd well into perverse. According to the AP story a DHS spokesperson justifies this acquisition to “help the government get a low price for a big purchase.” Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center: “The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.”

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it’s to “get a low price” for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.

Meanwhile, Senator Diane Feinstein, with the support of President Obama, is attempting to ban 100 capacity magazine clips. Doing a little apples-to-oranges comparison, here, 1.6 billion rounds is … 16 million times more objectionable.

Mr. Obama has a long history of disdain toward gun ownership. According to Prof. John Lott, in Debacle, a book he co-authored with iconic conservative strategist Grover Norquist,

“When I was first introduced to Obama (when both worked at the University of Chicago Law School, where Lott was famous for his analysis of firearms possession), he said, ‘Oh, you’re the gun guy.’

I responded: ‘Yes, I guess so.’

’I don’t believe that people should own guns,’ Obama replied.

I then replied that it might be fun to have lunch and talk about that statement some time.

He simply grimaced and turned away. …

Unlike other liberal academics who usually enjoyed discussing opposing ideas, Obama showed disdain.”

Mr. Obama? Where’s the disdain now? Cancelling, or at minimum, drastically scaling back — by 90% or even 99%, the DHS order for ammo, and its receipt and deployment of armored personnel carriers, would be a “fourfer.”

The federal government would set an example of restraint in the matter of weaponry.

It would reduce the deficit without squeezing essential services.

It would do both in a way that was palatable to liberals and conservatives, slightly depolarizing America.

It would somewhat defuse, by the government making itself less armed-to-the-teeth, the anxiety of those who mistrust the benevolence of the federales.

If Obama doesn’t show any leadership on this matter it’s an opportunity for Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and Rep. Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, to summon Secretary Napolitano over for a little national conversation. Madame Secretary? Buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo and deploying armored personnel carriers runs contrary, in every way, to what “homeland security” really means. .

• Kane Fernau 2013/03/12 23:14:25
    Kane Fernau
    +7
    If they buy all the ammo there won't be any for the rest of us.

• Cleaver62 2013/04/25 20:52:57
    Cleaver62
    Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.
  • mich52 2013/04/25 04:27:50
  • ray mich52 2013/04/25 08:40:07
    ray
    +1
    DHS contracting to buy enough ammunition for a Full scale war lasting 20 years in Lower 48 States , this is not a concern ? Those bullets are bought with the intent that if they are ever fired in anger they will be for killing American Citizens . This does not cause concern ?

Hollow point bullets , Known as Dum Dums by the old boys . Designed for maximum internal damage , outlawed by the UN for military use as inhumane . Supplied to Fish and Wild life ?
    Social Security ? IRS ? ( this is addition to the DHS purchase )

Something is seriously wrong .
  • mich52 ray 2013/04/25 15:13:13
  • ReconMa... ray 2013/04/26 23:32:20
  • Theresa mich52 2013/04/25 14:59:13
    Theresa
    +1
    You actually believe a agency with NO WAR Powers is arming to the teeth for What?
  • mich52 Theresa 2013/04/25 15:17:08
  • Theresa mich52 2013/04/25 17:32:38 (edited)
    Theresa
    +1
    Explain the purchases of agencies which have NO WAR making mission? I mean the Fish and Game dept? Why would they need ammo or a MRP? or why the IRS have them too or the SSA? Small business Admin? and the list goes on and on.
  • mich52 Theresa 2013/04/25 18:40:30
  • Theresa mich52 2013/04/25 19:05:21
    Theresa
    +1
    so billions of ammo is needed to protect 130,000 people?
  • mich52 Theresa 2013/04/26 00:54:00
  • ReconMa... Theresa 2013/04/26 23:34:11
  • ReconMa... Theresa 2013/04/26 23:33:36
  • ReconMa... Theresa 2013/04/26 23:32:58
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2013/04/25 02:05:06
  • ReconMa... ReconMa... 2013/04/25 08:08:50
  • bob h. 2013/04/25 01:15:51
    bob h.
    +1
    Yes; he's coming after YOU. Run, hide, stay tuned to Alex Jones.
  • mach-1 ... bob h. 2013/04/25 01:38:07
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    I am not worried for me... I have ammo
    It is for you I worry!
    You will have none when he come for you.

LMBO
  • ReconMa... mach-1 ... 2013/04/25 01:58:45
  • mich52 bob h. 2013/04/25 04:38:36
  • Chancy 2013/03/15 11:03:33
    Chancy
    +3
    he did say, we need a armed civilian force as well suppiled as the military
    could be he sending alot of it to his cronies oversea's
    under the guise of HLS
    Fast & Furious just the tip of the iceberg
  • mach-1 ... Chancy 2013/03/16 10:11:04
    mach-1  BL-106
    +3
    Hell yes!
    He is setting us up for an outside military invasion.it is quite possible.
  • Chancy mach-1 ... 2013/03/16 11:25:46
    Chancy
    +3
    a modern version of the Trojen Horse
  • ReconMa... mach-1 ... 2013/04/25 02:02:24
  • bob h. mach-1 ... 2013/04/28 01:24:16
    bob h.
    Yes; worry; start now.
  • ReconMa... Chancy 2013/04/25 02:01:54
  • Chancy ReconMa... 2013/04/25 12:54:45
    Chancy
    +1
    we shall see how that works out
  • ReconMa... Chancy 2013/04/26 01:12:38
  • Chancy ReconMa... 2013/04/26 01:24:14
    Chancy
    +1
    I was reading where more hunters in the state of Penn. go into the woods on thier opening day of deer hunting then there are FBI agents across the whole United States

and then there is Sheepdog country
    we are a entirely whole different breed to having to deal with
  • ReconMa... Chancy 2013/04/26 23:37:49
  • Chi~Cat 2013/03/15 03:57:09
    Chi~Cat
    +3
    WE will never get an honest answer from the Turd-in-Chief, et al.

Question: Have anyone of you actually seen a DHS vehicle lately? I have, and they are stocked, Man. Not only DHS, but the FDA. Ran into one dude that was so stocked, I had to ask, and you know what he said? "Do you like my Rabbit?" Not kidding. There were racks galore, and that was last spring.

obama and bullets for dhs
  • mach-1 ... Chi~Cat 2013/03/16 10:13:01
    mach-1  BL-106
    +3
    Yea there coming!
    Just be ready,
    This man is a traitor.....and ...anyone who supports him is as well.
  • Michael 2013/03/15 01:33:59
    Michael
    +2
    Maybe for the military. I don't know, but I also don't want to know.
  • ReconMa... Michael 2013/04/25 02:07:26
  • Michael ReconMa... 2013/04/30 21:47:45
    Michael
    I doubt it. I would of heard it on CNN or Fox news by now.
  • AL 2013/03/13 05:49:53
    AL
    +4
    COMRADE Obama, WE THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!
  • LibertyAndJusticeForAll 2013/03/13 01:28:58
  • Kane Fernau 2013/03/12 23:14:25
    Kane Fernau
    +7
  • AL Kane Fe... 2013/03/13 06:04:50 (edited)
    AL
    +5
    Thats part of this whole plan! The Government hords all our ammo ,and our own Fire arms,become useless at some point! Answer to this problem, Start re-loading clubs! Because some of us will have a reloading press, others will have powder,and some will have brass or primers! Yet most of us wont have everything we need to re-load! So sharing what we need is the only answer then! See if you can get your local gun shops and the N.R.A.to help you post a membership re-load contact phone number, back ground check and App. for membership! Maybe we can also get some help from the N.R.A. and their members as well?PLEASE PASS THIS ON!
  • mach-1 ... AL 2013/03/13 23:47:40
    mach-1  BL-106
    +4
    Good idy...have lots of spent brass casings .
    Have one friend with a re loader...

2014/12/22 19:59:01