Obama Trade Document Leaked, Revealing New Corporate Powers And Broken Campaign Promises

safari 2012/06/14 02:39:55
What are you talking about, this is the most transparent Administration ever, as promised.
When are the rats going to start running off this leaky obama ship?
Obama Leaks
I think....
EXCERPTS:

WASHINGTON -- A critical document from President Barack Obama's free trade negotiations with eight Pacific nations was leaked online early Wednesday morning, revealing that the administration intends to bestow radical new political powers upon multinational corporations, contradicting prior promises.

The leaked document has been posted on the website of Public Citizen, a long-time critic of the administration's trade objectives. The new leak follows substantial controversy surrounding the secrecy of the talks, in which some members of Congress have complained they are not being given the same access to trade documents that corporate officials receive.

"The outrageous stuff in this leaked text may well be why U.S. trade officials have been so extremely secretive about these past two years of [trade] negotiations," said Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch in a written statement.

READ MORE HERE

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/obama-tra...

• Red Branch 2012/06/14 02:50:05
    What are you talking about, this is the most transparent Administration ever,...
    Red Branch
    +9
    I had answered, but it is no place to be seen, so here goes again.

This one is really going to cost him right where it hurts, that hard core base.

Does any honest reporter have any idea what exactly those "radical new political powers" are? You see, some of Obama's followers don't want corporations. They want commissars. And they want to be them.

But Obama has other ideas.
  • JP 2012/06/14 20:29:12
    I think....
    JP
    This is gonna happen no matter who is president. This guys aren't Reagan and don't give a rats ass about the shining city on the hill.

Obama is just pathetic.
  • Bozette 2012/06/14 14:53:27
    I think....
    Bozette
    +3
    Public Citizen challenged the independence of these international tribunals, noting that "The tribunals would be staffed by private sector lawyers that rotate between acting as 'judges' and as advocates for the investors suing the governments," according to the text of the agreement.

What is wrong with the above statement? Oh yeah, it would be just like the revolving door we currently have between people in big business, big oil, big pharma, big ag and big banking and positions in key government agencies...but on a global level. These corporations and businessmen have no national allegiance, their only concern is the almighty dollar. And yes, they will sell out their country for money.

If this agreement is adopted, we will cede that much more of our national sovereignty. While this is being worked on during 0bama's term, I noticed that Romney wants it finalized ASAP, too, so we will probably end up with this whether we like it or not.
  • Elleryqueen 2012/06/14 12:56:18
    I think....
    Elleryqueen
    +1
    If anyone is surprised by these events should be the shocker. Business as usual for oblunder.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/06/14 12:50:25 (edited)
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +2
    He is out for Obama he makes deals under cover- for his benefit !!!!! The most un-transparent administration ever !!!! Remember the mike was on when he told Russian he have more wiggle room when he was re-elected ????????????
  • Cognito22 2012/06/14 12:38:53 (edited)
    Obama Leaks
    Cognito22
    +2
    It's OK Hilary didn't officially authorize the leak . . .
    just as Obama didn't officially 'authorize' the White House leaks.

- this post was paid for by the "Hillary 2016" campaign.
  • ed 2012/06/14 09:02:42
    I think....
    ed
    +3
    I think ALL OF THE ABOVE OBAMA S SHIP SINKING OBAMA S SHIP SINKING
  • redhorse29 2012/06/14 07:13:01
    redhorse29
    How come I keep picking the last place option? Should slow down and read the provided info more carefully.
  • angelbaby 2012/06/14 07:03:22 (edited)
    Obama Leaks
    angelbaby
    +3
    “Corruption is authority plus monopoly minus transparency.”
    - Unknown
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/06/14 05:51:47
    I think....
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +4
    This transcends the routine corruption we've come to accept in politics!

It's one thing to openly make policy and a totally different thing to hide,lie and sneak policies into enforcement.

Eventually the Republicans are going to end up taking the heat for not calling obama out on the dozens of issues that are undermining this country. Who else would you blame! The average citizen is supposed to be working, paying taxes, running a home, growing a family........That's why we put politicians in DC; to work for us and on our behalf!!

I would bet that I think about this crap more than my elected officials.
  • Bozette Louisa ... 2012/06/14 14:56:02
    Bozette
    +2
    I would bet there are a lot of us who do!
  • Alphalily 2012/06/14 04:29:38
    Alphalily
    +3
    Of course profit before all else . To which of these foreign countries do you think Obama has pledged his allegiance , it was not to America.
  • Diane S... Alphalily 2012/06/14 12:46:55
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +3
    Russia!
  • Rodney 2012/06/14 04:13:55
    I think....
    Rodney
    +4
    No just NO, but Oh HELL NO! If Congress does not stop what they are doing and HALT this, we will find ourselves being governed by Foreign entities. That will for all tends and purposes nullify our constitution.
  • Michaelene 2012/06/14 03:42:46
    I think....
    Michaelene
    +4
    I'm surprised the huffer covered this one.
  • ConLibFraud 2012/06/14 03:32:50
    ConLibFraud
    +6
    All of congress should be in prison for sitting on the asses and doing nothing about this criminal fraud impostor!
  • Justagirl 2012/06/14 03:26:58
    I think....
    Justagirl
    fascistic much? ALMOST enough to make me vote for Mitten's...but the Repubs., don't want this RINO's vote....
  • goatman112003 2012/06/14 02:55:47
    I think....
    goatman112003
    +3
    He is doing exactly what he said he was going to do before he was elected. This is pure ideology talking plain and simple.
  • Red Branch 2012/06/14 02:50:05
    Red Branch
    +9

• safari Red Branch 2012/06/14 02:54:25
    safari
    +6
    Do you think they are paying attention?
  • Red Branch safari 2012/06/14 03:03:41
    Red Branch
    +9
    Yep, selling out to the corporate evil is something they will not overlook. Selling out the USA, that wouldn't bother them unless they thought he should have done it sooner.

I could be wrong, but things seem to be slowly catching up with him in the real world. Except the Lib hacks on SH will never turn on him.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/14 02:42:09
    Obama Leaks
    HarleyCharley
    +7
    he will do anything to get reelected...
  • safari HarleyC... 2012/06/14 02:54:01
    safari
    +3
    Hi Harley, Thanks for answering. What do you think he hopes to win with this particular leak? The multi corps? I thought he already had them.

2014/10/01 08:26:27