Obama Supporters Concede Debate Defeat: Will Romney Win the Election?

Chris D 2012/10/04 16:34:20
The CNN flash poll had Romney winning the debate by an astounding 67%. In these days of entrenched parasitism, that is "off-the-chart." Romney was crisp and concise, making excellent points and coming off as caring and human, but Obama was not his usual cool self. He seemed muddled at times and was not clear with his message. Romney was on offense, Obama was on defense. Do you think the debate will foreshadow the eventual outcome of the election for Romney?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
President Obama is dusting himself off today after Mitt Romney dirtied him up during last night's heavily-anticipated debate in Denver. The Romney campaign looks to build on their man's commanding performance with a trip to swing-state Virginia.

debate denver romney campaign build mans commanding performance swing-state virginia

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/obama-supporte...

• V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/10/04 16:59:35
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +27
    In the end, it all boils down to one question. Each voter will answer the question for themselves and vote accordingly.

Reagan asked the question in 1980. Romney will ask it again this year.

• Gia 2012/10/13 17:23:20
    Gia
    +1
    Yes, I would have to say Romney SEEMED to win the debate, but you have to remember Romney said things completely the opposite of what he has been saying all along for months. Obama was caught off guard by this sneaky tactic Romney used. I do not think Romney will win the election. It's going to be very interesting to see how it all plays out. It is a very close race indeed.
  • AAA123 2012/10/12 21:42:57 (edited)
  • Tre 2012/10/11 23:18:41
    Tre
    Obama will eventually. However, he did get his ass kicked during that debate. Had nothing to do with the points they were making because both of those bastards were lying. Romney just showed more conviction with his lies.
  • Gia Tre 2012/10/13 17:18:22
    Gia
    I agree with you
  • Donna 2012/10/11 10:21:55
    Donna
    +1
    For the sake of the poor and middle class and the World, Obama has to win!
  • Jerimia 2012/10/10 10:06:11
    Jerimia
    +1
    I say yes, but I must qualify that. It depends on how many dead people, illegal aliens, and MULTI-time voters are out there. If the Democrats canvas enough cemeterys and prevent enough of the military from voting, Obamao just MIGHT win.
  • The Truth 2012/10/10 02:58:03
    The Truth
    +1
    Obama will win. It's tight but it's right. Obama will turn this country around contrary TO POPULAR BELIEF, Obama is the one to take this country forward. If you believe that flip flop Romney, something has got to be wrong with you. Obama has not done all that he could have done because congress will not work with him. Watch him work this term...
  • Cindy 2012/10/10 01:35:19
    Cindy
    I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH EITHER CANDIDATE. FIRST, I DON'T TOTALLY BELIEVE IN ROMNEY'S STATISTICS ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATION UNDER OBAMA. ON THE OTHER HAND, I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH OBAMA. HE DIDN'T SEEM PREPARED. I MUST ADMIT THAT ROMNEY SEEMED "SOFTER" THAN I EXPECTED. I MUST ADMIT THAT I'M ACTUALLY AFRAID OF THE CONSEQUENCES OUR COUNTRY MAY TAKE IF EITHER GETS IN. THIS COUNTRY IS STILL IN DIRE NEED OF A STRONG, YET SYMPATHETIC LEASDER. I BELIEVE THAT GOVERNMENT IS TOO LARGE. UNDER OBAMA I SEE GOVERNMENT'S ROLE GETTING STRONGER AND LARGER WITH MORE PROGRAMS RUN BYIT. I PERCEIVE THE GOVERNMENT AS A COMPILATION OF NON-LOGICAL PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO SELF-SERVING AND CORRUPT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM CARE ABOUT THE MIDDLE CLASS FIRST. THIS IS THE HEART OF WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY GREAT. WHY DOESN'T THE GOVERNMENT ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. CHINA IS NOT DEMOCRATIC AND WE "PREACH" DEMOCRACY TO THOSE IN THE MIDDLE EAST WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. I ACTUALLY SEE NO LOGIC AT ALL WITH ANY OF OUR OFFICIALS. I STOPPED TRUSTING THEM AT ALL.
  • Bob Cindy 2012/10/10 10:32:39
    Bob
    +1
    Cindy, I understand your concerns, but it is not the job of the government to take sides. It is up to the government to make the playing field level so that a person has an opportunity to succeed. It's up to the individual to make of that opportunity what they will. Our founding Fathers did not believe in offering happiness, only in guaranteeing the opportunity to pursue happiness. What Obama has been doing is trying to pick winners based on his world view. He believes America has been too strong and must be taken down a notch. That's why he wanted to "fundamentally transform America". We should not trust any of them without cause. Make them earn it. Obama has proven he cannot be trusted, it's time to go a different direction.
  • GLaDOS 2012/10/10 00:18:05
    GLaDOS
    More like... "possibly."
  • vinone 2012/10/10 00:03:56
    vinone
    I'm not voting for either of them, but from the way things look right now, Obama is ahead and will probably win.
  • Duke vinone 2012/10/10 01:37:14
    Duke
    When you don't vote ,you don't have a say, and when things get worse and it will if mr. Romney is elected just shut-up!
  • vinone Duke 2012/10/10 03:26:00 (edited)
    vinone
    I'm voting, just not for Obama or Romney, I'm voting for Gary Johnson... I never said I wasn't voting. Believe me, I've been looking forward to having my vote count for a long time, this is the first presidential election I'm old enough to vote for and there's not a chance I'd skip out on it.
  • Jerimia vinone 2012/10/10 10:09:40
    Jerimia
    In essence, you are voting for Obama.
  • vinone Jerimia 2012/10/10 13:10:51
    vinone
    You look at it how you want, that's one of the reasons our country isn't getting anywhere. If people continue to think that their vote has no real meaning and continue to get blinded by the media and this two party race we'll never get anything done. We're one country, not two parties; I'm am voting for Gary Johnson, not Obama, not Romney.
  • BlueMax372 2012/10/09 17:45:18
    BlueMax372
    Simple logic.
  • Derbyhat 2012/10/09 17:13:34 (edited)
    Derbyhat
    Obama has shown his shallow preparedness to be President. After nearly four years "Occupying" the office, he is a paper President. His only qualification for "Re-Election" is that he has been ineffective in that office for four years and he is NOW going to make it right. You can't UN-RING a bell! And you can't "unsay" or "Un-legislate" all the damage done nation and world wide! He has been more of a hapless Mussolini (who thought he was the senior of the Mussolini-Hitler partnership) We CAN undo the Executive Orders that have done harm in many areas of our society, but only in defeating the Imperialist acting socialist, Obama!
  • heirsoftheking 2012/10/09 17:01:39
    heirsoftheking
    Before the debate, people were saying Obama would win it by almost a 2:1 margin. But we all know what happened. I believe this will propel Romney to win the election, too.
  • Eric 2012/10/09 15:27:44
  • whiteco... Eric 2012/10/09 22:49:20
    whitecollar
    If the people know he has their interest at heart, and he has proven that by the goals he has accomplished, Obama will win.
  • sodabox 2012/10/09 15:03:44 (edited)
    sodabox
    +2
    It seems that telling a good lie is better then telling the truth to the average American voter = we are all screwed. Romney keeps telling the same lies over and over and even Obama fails to call him on it.

romney lies
  • whiteco... sodabox 2012/10/09 22:51:52 (edited)
    whitecollar
    +1
    You know the Seinfeld line:
    "If YOU believe it, It's not a lie." and,
    If you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.
  • jacktown kid 2012/10/09 14:53:37
    jacktown kid
    no Obama will win
  • dave b 2012/10/09 12:57:30
    dave b
    America cant take any more Obama.
  • PM 2012/10/09 12:28:32
    PM
    +3
    The debate.
    Romney: big on agression, small on substance.
    Obama: low on enthusiasm, big on substance.
  • sodabox PM 2012/10/09 15:06:10
    sodabox
    +2
    Seems like enthusiasm trumps substance :P
  • PM sodabox 2012/10/09 21:00:34
    PM
    +3
    I guess so. Sad, but true.
  • Tasine 2012/10/09 12:21:05
    Tasine
    If the election is a fair one, of course Romney will win it. If, OTOH, there is the same degree of cheating that is always done, Obama will "win" it. Regardless who wins or loses, I think the election will be a watershed event for America, one from which she may not recover.
  • captain... Tasine 2012/10/09 14:13:54
    captainquiggle
    +1
    LOL. It's amazing that Obama winning is already being called cheating. You're getting the argument ready 30 days in advance, huh? Enjoy that.
  • Tasine captain... 2012/10/09 14:37:06
    Tasine
    Nothing new on my part. I've been saying the same things about Obama for 4 years now. He's a loser - always has been, always will be. And actually it isn't really his fault. He never had a real childhood and he had NO good influences in his character development (said development not evident). But he is what he is - a Chicago street thug, primed by communists, islamists, and terrorists.
  • Tasine Tasine 2012/10/09 14:38:23
    Tasine
    PS. He has NOTHING that could be called Presidential or leadership qualities. He qualifies as a dullard street thug.
  • sodabox Tasine 2012/10/09 15:08:19
    sodabox
    At least I know were Obama stands. What is Romney's plan for Afghanistan? How is he going to cut government spending? We don't know.
  • Tasine sodabox 2012/10/09 15:16:58
    Tasine
    We don't know everything about what Romney will do. What we DO know is what Obama always does - he will do whatever will hurt America. Romney will try to do better. I'm a fan of neither. I want the Libertarian Party to make both the Dem and the Rep Parties irrelevant.
  • sodabox Tasine 2012/10/09 17:53:21
    sodabox
    How is this hurting America?

hurting america
  • captain... Tasine 2012/10/09 15:19:01
    captainquiggle
    Well, you're welcome to that opinion. Calling someone a loser for 4 years after they WON and a reaping the benefits of that WIN isn't exactly facing reality, now is it? Just saying.
  • Tasine captain... 2012/10/09 15:42:50
    Tasine
    +1
    Did you say "BENEFITS"? What might those be? Everything this loser has done has weakened America, its citizens, its sovereignty, and its reputation. The only winner I see are Obama's street thug friends and his moocher wife.
  • captain... Tasine 2012/10/09 16:11:29
    captainquiggle
    Yes, the benefits of improving this country and saving it from the brink of collapse. Yes, those benefits.

He's recovered the nation from a 4.3 million dollar job loss in less than three years.

That's impressive, to say the least. You obviously don't want to debate reality, though.
  • Tasine captain... 2012/10/09 16:30:32
    Tasine
    Whhhaaaattttt?! Dream on, drink some more kool-aid, listen to anyone but the DNC. We are finished.
  • captain... Tasine 2012/10/09 16:57:32
    captainquiggle
    +1
    You are finished. Even listening to GOP pundits, Romney's a moron.
  • Y Lee Fox Tasine 2012/10/10 01:42:43
    Y Lee Fox
    @ Tasinine - A loser except when he won. Oh, except of course it's 1984: War is peace, winning is losing.
    Such a loser that with a one-parent family he managed to do kinda sorta well in terms of education, and pull himself up by bootstraps [as opposed to a real winner, that is, in the hereditary track, with Dad a rich executive and influential governor; exclusive private school; etc].
    Not a particularly great politician, and certainly a limp debater (or, too gentle), and, yes, the election could well go Romney's way so that we get to find out more about which of the two "Romney"s we get.

2014/12/19 15:14:16