Obama says the rich shouldn't be paying lower tax rates than their secretaries. Turns out, Obama is (a) rich, and (b) paying a lower tax rate than his secretary. What to make of this?

KoAm 2012/04/14 00:35:57
Related Topics: Obama, Tax, Rates, Secretary

• AbadPerez 2012/04/14 02:33:30
    Other thought: ____
    AbadPerez
    +3
    That is exactly what he is saying, It should not be like that and he is willing to sacrifice (unlike Romney and other greedy Republicans) so that things are fair.

• concerned dude 2012/04/14 12:06:20
    "Do as I say, not as I do" -- this is the liberal mantra.
    concerned dude
    Most of the liberal politicians are rich, take massive write offs and love to bash the rich to play on peoples emotions. It's all about creating class warfare to be elected on. Terrible for the country and not what Obama said he was going to do during his campaign. He was going to be the great uniter. What happened?
  • unclepat 2012/04/14 10:29:11
    Other thought: ____
    unclepat
    And this is news how?? The man has been saying this all along. He's been pushing this as an issue of fairness. What part of that argument were you deliberately trying to not understand? You're a right winger and you love the home team, that's obvious. But stop trying to create a story when there really is none. If you're that hard up for raves, just ask for them. BTW, isn't there some anti-woman blog that sets women back a hundred years that you should be defending??
  • Chokmah 2012/04/14 05:08:40
    He didn't break the law here. Still, this doesn't look good for a guy runnin...
    Chokmah
    "Don't tax him, don't tax me... tax the man behind the tree!"
  • The Gipper~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/14 05:05:59
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    and do it with other peoples' money...
  • bob 2012/04/14 04:13:05
    Other thought: ____
    bob
    Maybe its not that the rich person doesn't pay enough but maybe the secretary is taxed too much?
  • James 2012/04/14 03:05:04
    Other thought: ____
    James
    lol...derrrr.....
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/04/14 02:48:27
    Other thought: ____
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    good grief. Obama does not get to pick what tax rate he pays. If he were to send the IRS extra money, they would send it back to him. He wants to change the law. Paying the current tax rate does not make him a hypocrite.
  • Other thought: ____
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +2
    He did not give the tax cuts to the rich and by him wanting to change the tax code he is saying it is not fair that the rich do not pay the same tax rates. Sounds pretty clear to me
    +1
    Taxing the rich is a ruse by a marxist president to take focus away from his failure to cut cost!
  • AbadPerez 2012/04/14 02:33:30
    Other thought: ____
    AbadPerez
    +3
  • draconiaregina 2012/04/14 01:22:04
    Other thought: ____
    draconiaregina
    +1
    Again Dear Leader is speaking out of his @$$ (What else is new?)
  • TheTruth1313 2012/04/14 01:05:25
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    Yet another double standard perpetrated by the left biased media and the Obama camp.
  • voice_matters 2012/04/14 01:05:09
    Other thought: ____
    voice_matters
    wow another lib that is upset he is paying what he is required by law.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/04/14 00:45:44
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    Progressives are not subject to the standards they set for others.
  • Studied 2012/04/14 00:42:08
    Other thought: ____
    Studied
    +3
    I am sick and tired of hearing this misrepresentation of the taxes paid by the wealthy. There is a difference between taxes on wages and taxes on investments. The taxes on the investments ( capital gains) is a tax on monies that have already been paid when earned. Those earned monies are then invested and taxed at a different rate, Therefore, they are double taxed. Get it folks. This is nothing more than political gargage. And Buffet who Obama touts, needs to pay the million he owes in taxes, but instead he is fighting it in court.
  • KoAm Studied 2012/04/14 00:46:19
    KoAm
    So, when we hear that capital gains are taxed at 15%, that's really just one layer of taxes? There's another tax on that money at another stage as well?

I'd ask my financial-guru husband about this, but he isn't here right now!
  • Studied KoAm 2012/04/14 01:06:30
    Studied
    +1
    Now you are getting it. We all pay regular taxes on my earned income.better known as wages. Invested monies are taxed as captial gains. Where do you think folks get the monies to invest? I am more concerned about all the Americans who get more back in a tax refund than they paid. I will give you a quick example. I recently did the taxes for someone who earned 35,000 last year. The amount deducted from this persons pay for taxes was just a little over 1,500. Now because this person has two children, the amount they will receive as an IRS refund was 6,952. I have a big problem with that. I do not believe any person should get more back than they paid in. It is like getting a bonus at tax time. There are a lot more of these cases than millionaires paying 15% on their investments.
  • Pm Studied 2012/04/15 06:53:41
    Pm
    What is wrong with people geting IRS refunds who only make 35k? The refund money goes straight into the economy.
  • Studied Pm 2012/04/21 22:14:38
    Studied
    I have no problem with folks getting back what they paid into the IRS, but I do have a huge problem with them receiving thousand more over and above what they paid. And we wonder why we have such huge deficits.................duh. It is money we do not have and cannot afford to be handing it out.
  • lonewolf 2012/04/14 00:38:22
  • KoAm 2012/04/14 00:37:23
    KoAm

2014/10/23 07:16:18