Obama Says America Needs Soul Searching on Gun Violence: Will Obama Support Gun Control Before the Election?

Daryl 2012/08/06 23:00:00

REUTERS.COM reports:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday that mass killings like the weekend shooting rampage at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin were happening with too much regularity and should prompt soul searching by all Americans, but he stopped short of calling for new gun-control laws.
monday mass killings weekend shooting rampage sikh temple wisconsin regularity

Read More: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/06/us-usa-w...

• zbacku 2012/08/07 01:56:49
    zbacku
    +15
    He's a coward. He will wait until after the Election. His first agenda is to give ILLEGALS the right to vote.

• CODE 11 Lucy 2012/08/08 01:18:50
    CODE 11
    Correct ! So Obama could blame the gun dealers, and enact new gun laws
  • Space Invader 2012/08/07 16:35:41
    Space Invader
    +5
    I really don't give a flying flip what he says; he wants it; disarm America is his cry; shut down coal; centralized government; run all for the "collective" The Collective
  • doc moto 2012/08/07 16:35:24
    doc moto
    +3
    Yes, he has always supported Gun Control and the removal of any rights for US Citizens to own and use a weapon... He might not have come out rightly and in the open, does not matter; he is a gun-control and manipulated person and a manipulator himself! Like a snake in the grass! (Snakes, please pardon my descriptions on you and pointing out that attribute used by this leftest! Closest to the unseen, seen!)
  • Ukie 2012/08/07 16:23:01
    Ukie
    +3
    I doubt it, but you can bet he will be on it like white on rice if he is re-elected!!
  • CODE 11 Ukie 2012/08/07 16:55:19
    CODE 11
    +1
    Read the book...Fast and Furious..its his top agenda
  • us 2012/08/07 16:05:22
    us
    +1
    we do not need control. Because will taken away from law abiding citizen.
  • CODE 11 us 2012/08/07 16:55:53
    CODE 11
    +2
    If you outlaw guns..only outlaws will have guns.
  • us CODE 11 2012/08/16 03:54:17
    us
    Yes, But you don't want that, you want to be able to protect your family and property.
  • Josh Robinson 2012/08/07 15:53:48
  • Savious 2012/08/07 15:51:52
    Savious
    +1
    Before the election; I’d say no. His numbers are sagging already; and any strategist with a brain, could tell him that gun control is a poison issue, and should be avoided.

It’s not like the people who already support him, would switch to Mitt, because of his lack of support toward gun control

But there, are some out there, who are supporting him now, who would switch to Mitt, if he did support gun control.

Nope, any action he would take against guns, would be after the election, if he is re-elected.
  • SW 2012/08/07 15:46:45
    SW
    So far he hasn't done ANYTHING about gun control one way or the other dispite all the hype that "Obama wuz gunna take yer gunz" Yeah sure right after he sends you to a FEMA camp and imposes Shria Law and rides a unicorn through FOX fantasy land.
  • CODE 11 SW 2012/08/07 16:57:28
    CODE 11
    +2
    Read the book Fast and Furious..this was the start of his gun control program !
  • Bill 2012/08/07 15:45:24
    Bill
    +2
    Obama needs to locate his own soul (if he has one) before he asks other people to search theirs.
  • CODE 11 Bill 2012/08/07 16:57:56
    CODE 11
    +2
    Communist don't have souls
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/08/07 15:39:46
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Great question. I believe BHO will, in a second term, abruptly cancel the 2nd Amendment by Executive Order since Congress won't.

Here's a question. Why Hasn't Major Hassan (the Ft Hood shooter) gone to trial yet?
  • Bill CUDDLY ... 2012/08/07 15:47:13
    Bill
    +2
    Executive Order, that's code for Dictatorship.
  • CUDDLY ... Bill 2012/08/07 15:49:44
  • beachbum CUDDLY ... 2012/08/07 15:47:20
    beachbum
    +2
    Exactly..........remember, we were told to not jump to conclusions..........
  • Faydora Frighty 2012/08/07 15:11:40
    Faydora Frighty
    +3
    The sneaky SOB is already working on gun control through the UN with Hillary Clinton as the go between.
  • CODE 11 Faydora... 2012/08/07 16:58:32
    CODE 11
    +1
    FAST and FURIOUS
  • Howard 2012/08/07 15:10:41
    Howard
    +3
    He won't publicly support it before the election. If voting FRAUD prevails and his regime remains in power, he's definitely planning to eradicate the 2nd Amendment and disarm We The People in a second term.

CO. and WI could very well be put-up jobs to achieve that very end...

Arm yourselves, my friends.
  • gunner 2012/08/07 14:59:50 (edited)
    gunner
    +1
    Very professional news reporting by the media. No where is there a report of the man who witness`s said set the exit door ajar at the batman movie shooting. No where is there a news report of the psyop training or how an un employed dude could aquire the weapons and bomb making material in his apt. Of course we are to believe that the whacked out images of him were only an illusion and he was drug free. No where is there a report of witness`s saying there were 4 shooters at the Sikh temple. However if one is curious enough to look beyond CNN or Good Morning America, with the Socialist news slant, they could check out the uncensored news on the SW. For station information and broadcast times, check the internet. There are some good u tube videos about them also. Or, one could just sit back and enjoy the kool-aid, while humming la-de-da. Obama is consistant, I`ll give him that. He is waiting for Congress to ratify the Un Arms Treaty. Which His Sec. of State signed us up for. If Congress drops the ball, he `ll just go around them and do it anyway. He wants a civil war here. It`s the Communist way.
  • Pedalpusher 2012/08/07 14:57:54
    Pedalpusher
    +3
    He is so arrogant and into himself and feels that everything he does is right no matter who tells him different (even Democrats) that I think he feels he'd be supported by everyone, and if they don't it doesn't really matter! He is GOD so he thinks!
  • Seeker of Truth - War Wizard 2012/08/07 14:56:21
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    +4
    He'll probably pander to the gun control crowd, but not until the last minute. He'll just say his position has "evolved".
  • Brendakp Seeker ... 2012/08/07 14:58:30
    Brendakp
    +3
    Evolved like his position on gay marriage. ;)
  • Seeker ... Brendakp 2012/08/07 15:14:40
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    +3
    Exactly.
  • Obama Your MommA 2012/08/07 14:54:14 (edited)
    Obama Your MommA
    +1
    He already does if one has kept up with current times. I'm with him 100% on the idea.

Less crazy freaks with guns, the better. I don't need a gun with me, every where I go because I'm a real man who can handle his business like a professional.

Has anyone ever noticed that the average, psychotic, republican gun owner is scrawny, like a sewer rat? It's "mate", the female sewer rat, always tends to be obese and thinks holding a gun while make her look 50 pounds lighter... lol

Same idea as the females who post a million pictures of hot, animated chicks with guns and none of themselves?

At least it's better than being some filthy, organic-food eating, flower-chucking, hairy pitted hippy liberal with dreadlocks, singing kumbaya, frying balls, BAREFOOT in the forest. I hope a hunter mistakes them for a deer.

;)

Listen to Osama Your Momma.. Been in the game for years and I still find time to head to the gym three times a week.
  • gunner Obama Y... 2012/08/07 15:20:09
    gunner
    +1
    Ain`t you somethin. Better go 4 times a week. Take care of your self ? LOL. Friend, You would run from places I`ve been. And wet your panties over the situations I`ve handled. I carry a weapon but never had to employ it. Only evr drew a night stick once. But the mere appearance was enough.
  • Obama Y... gunner 2012/08/07 15:26:34 (edited)
  • gunner Obama Y... 2012/08/08 04:37:13
    gunner
    I patrolled the docks and bars in 8 different countries.. Armed with handcuffs and a nightstick. It was sufficient for the task as I was. Never been to Birmingham. Been to Hong Kong in the 60`s, where a missing US service mans head was found on an ox horn some Chinaman was leading thru the alley. Been to Olongapo, in the Philippine's, ( the armpit of the world) also in the 60`s where the occasional US serviceman was found floating in a canal. Patrolled with the police in Samoa. Had fun every where. I admit I baited you with some rather challenging comments. Enjoy, be safe. I`m glad there are folks like you around.
  • Savious Obama Y... 2012/08/07 16:17:42
    Savious
    +1
    I don’t know where you are from; but it’s rather obvious, that the conservatives you hang out with; aren’t the same conservatives that I hang out with.
  • Obama Y... Savious 2012/08/07 16:43:04
    Obama Your MommA
    That has to be the dumbest comment made to me in the history of the internet.
    Tell me more!!!
  • Savious Obama Y... 2012/08/07 16:53:01
    Savious
    +1
    I would challenge, that mine was much more intellectual than your comments; but since you asked.

You stated you don’t need a gun, because you’re a real man. The status of your gender has little to do with your ability to defend yourself. I gather that you have some kind of inferiority complex, and therefore have spent hours upon hours in the gym, in order to achieve a physical appearance of a muscular nature; thereby achieving a certain amount of intimidation on those around you. When the truth is; no matter how much training you do; when it comes down to a fight, your abilities may or may not be superior; but if had ever been in a fight, then you would know that your physical stature alone, isn’t always enough. I don’t care how big the guy is; if he is hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat, he goes down.

You said the average psychotic, republican gun owner is scrawny, like a sewer rat. More evidence to your feelings of inadequacy concerning yourself, by using such terms, you are showing that in order to feel better about yourself, you must degrade those around you. When the truth is, most average gun owners, are, well average. Some are fat, some are skinny, some are body builders, and some aren’t; but on average, they are not, scrawny sewer rats; and neither are your generalizations about their women folks.
  • Obama Y... Savious 2012/08/07 18:08:37
    Obama Your MommA
    The fool doth think he is wise whilst the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • words t... Savious 2012/08/07 22:23:56
  • Splinter76 2012/08/07 14:49:41
    Splinter76
    +2
    No, he doesn't want to piss off anymore people than he already has.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/07 14:46:50
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    barry supports the 24.000+ gun laws we've already on the books. And at the drop of a hat(some form of national emergency) he can call for martial law and make it illegal to possess firearms and ammunition. That's not enough for concern? At barry's bidding, Hillary's been playing firearm treaty games with the UN for over three years now. barry's shone us fleeting moments as of late concerning his elitist gun control views.

Midwestern "bitter clingers" frustrated over broken promises. (Aug 2009)
    Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
    Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
    Fact Check: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
    April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
    Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
    Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
    2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
    Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
    Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
    Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
    Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
    Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
    ...

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

http://www.ontheissues.org/20...

Liberal and left-leaning websites are full of vitriol regarding America’s "barbaric gun culture" and their irrational attachment to firearms. Yet a closer look at the facts shows that it’s even more irrational to think that gun laws will keep us safe. Since when do criminals abide by the law of the land? Gun control advocates point out that the United States has a far higher gun homicide rate than other developed countries, as well as far more guns in the hands of the population (89 for every 100 people) and far fewer restrictions. But this does not necessarily prove a cause-and-effect relationship.

Switzerland as an exemplary country with low gun homicide rates. The total homicide rate in Switzerland in 2010 was 0.7 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared with 4.2 in the United States. Yet Switzerland actually has widespread gun ownership (with an estimated 2 million to 3 million guns, many of them operating as weapons capable of full auto fire, in a population of fewer than 8 million) and a thriving gun culture rooted in a tradition of a citizen militia. Meanwhile, in the Philippines, gun laws are considerably more restrictive than those in the United States. In the Philippines civilian ownership of guns is a paltry five per 100 people, yet the homicide rate is more than double ours!

If there is any soul searching to be done, I'd say we need to examine why our populace sees a need to walk around with huge, explosive chips of "attitude" on their shoulders. How did, in the last few years, our nation has become so racially divided and involved in class warfare?
  • ChiTown... Dogzebr... 2012/08/07 14:55:42
    ChiTownGirl
    +4
    Fabulous article and post!!
  • SW Dogzebr... 2012/08/07 17:12:36
    SW
    Why would you be able to use illegal weapons in a home invasion? Isn't a pump shotgun gonna do the trick? That law makes no sense "Law that okay's illegal thing" Duherer.... And what about state's rights? I thought pubs were all about the constitution?

Bottom Line Obama not doing anything one way or the other with regards to gun laws. Ooooh I'm scared.
  • Dogzebr... SW 2012/08/07 17:53:48
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    You must think a whole lot faster than you can type. None of your drivel relates to my comment. Please try again, only take it a little slower next time.

2014/11/26 17:19:00