OBAMA s DAUGHTER GOES TO MEXICO 4 SPRING BREAK.. WE PAY OUR TAX DOLLARS..

CHUCK 2012/03/21 19:08:39

The elder daughter, Malia, of US President
Barack Obama is spending her spring break in the historic Mexican city
of Oaxaca in the company of 12 friends, a state police official said. (I
wonder if Ms. Fluke got to go with her free birth control?)

The
young tourists, including 13-year-old Malia Ann Obama, are staying at a
downtown hotel in this city famous for its colonial architecture and
well-preserved native American traditions, the official said.

"We
are here to block access to the hotel by other people and escort the
vehicles that are carrying the visitors to tourism sites," the police
official told AFP under the condition of anonymity.

Malia Obama and her friend are guarded by 25 US Secret Service agents as well as Mexican police, the official noted.

The
group, which arrived in Oaxaca Saturday, has already visited the
architectural zone of Mitla and the tree of El Tule believed to have one
thousand years.

The announcement appeared in this Yahoo link
http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-daughter-spends-springbreak-mexi...
, however when accessing the link, one is presented with a tad of media
manipulation, but if you note in the "Comments", I'm not the only one
who has spotted this "slight of hand"!

Oh, by the way, didn't the State Department tell all above the "border", that it was unwise to go "South". http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html ?

Maybe she was just going down to check on Obama's alligators in the Rio Grande?

Whatever, guess who will pay for this junket and how much?

Edit
update: Note the story in "THE BLAZE" about "Why is the story about
Malia Obama vacationing in Mexico disappearing from the web?" http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-is-the-story-about-malia-...

MEXICO'S coverage http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/836662.html (Copy the link and paste in your browser's Spanish to English translation program.

• Luke 2012/03/21 19:13:42
    WHAT IF THE CARTELS KID NAPPED HER..WHO PAYS THE RENSOM???
    Luke
    +5
    We are getting the royal screwing from these leaches.......who sends their kids away with 12 friends?????? we can barely afford to send them to school. These people are abusing the system!!! and making us pay for it!!!!!!
    How's that hope and change working now?????

• WTF 2012/09/25 15:34:39
    WTF
    +1
    It pisses me of to the max.. Our Ambassador requested help and protection and bama is using,our money to send a spoiled child to a third world country just asking,for trouble!! And don't think for one minute they are paying for,it,out of their personal funds! When that creep got into office within the first 30 days his wife received an 8 billion dollar grant to remove soda from schools. We are stupid for taking this crap!
  • CHUCK WTF 2012/09/29 00:01:47
    CHUCK
    "" When that creep got into office within the first 30 days his wife received an 8 billion dollar grant to remove soda from schools. We are stupid for taking this crap! ""

NOT TRYING TO CAUSE A PROBLEM,,I WOULD APPRECIATE DOCUMENTATION..
  • WTF CHUCK 2012/09/29 00:36:12
    WTF
    +1
    I got it off the gov website... Just go to grants received... There was several items on the tv a out it...
  • zeldamaster17~平和 2012/07/27 23:16:00
    zeldamaster17~平和
    There's no "please, spongebob, zeus, THOR, let the Mexicans shoot them" option
  • geegee 2012/03/22 22:57:33
    geegee
    +1
    By the way, the word is ransom.. not rensom... I personally don't care where she goes. I'd like her and her whole family to take a flying leap off planet Earth.
  • CHUCK geegee 2012/03/23 23:32:54
    CHUCK
    I REALIZED THAT TOO LATE TO EDIT IT ..THANKS
  • dispatcher 2012/03/22 21:40:21
    dispatcher
    +1
    The is a time when there needs to be a line drawn they have gone to far & the U.S taxpayers having to flip the bill is unfair and disrespectful, this has gone well over board !!!

OMG = OBAMA MUST GO !!!
  • cc 2012/03/22 05:57:09
    cc
    Take the rest of your family there and stay....without the secret police! Pay for your own crap!
  • Patriotic 2012/03/22 05:00:46
    Patriotic
    +1
    Anytime a member of the first family travels, tax dollars are paid to protect them. This should be common knowledge. They continue to get this protection even after they leave the White House, so why is this a new phenomenon?
  • BoomLover 2012/03/22 01:14:14
    BoomLover
    +1
    How about this, Chuck....Isn't it time Obama started paying for his own kids? I don't think any of our former Presidents kids were supported by the taxpayers when they went out to play....maybe security, but not the whole ball of wax. This country is getting a reality check with this guy, and I hope it jolts them awake before it is too late. Obama is setting himself up to be Dictator in Chief, and he is only a hair's breadth away from achieving that goal...very much reminds me of another self appointed Dictator of about 70 some years ago...Hitler ring a bell?
  • Avenged7 2012/03/21 23:47:54
    Avenged7
    +1
    The State Department gave travel warnings to certain parts of Mexico not all of Mexico. Is this just another hit on Obama? I remember when Laura Bush, while first lady went out of the country with her to daughters a couple of times. I never heard anyone Bitch about that. While i was no fan of W, i didn't think it was wrong for her and her daughters to go to South America. This was a class excursion that Malia went on. So what's the big deal??
  • dj 2012/03/21 21:18:27
    dj
    +1
    I can't imagine sending a 13 year old to Mexico on a school trip. They just said it wasn't safe to travel there. Can you imagine all the secret service people we paying to protect her? Just another taxpayer rip off
  • Tresa 2012/03/21 21:10:27
    Tresa
    +1
    It's a school trip with her class, why should she be forced to sit it out just because her father is POTUS. The Obama children shouldn't be treated any differently than any other children of any other President. Just one more thing the right drudges up to bitch about. Children of politicians should be off limits to this type of pettiness.
  • Patriotic Tresa 2012/03/22 05:02:33
    Patriotic
    Just amazes me what people find to bitch about!
  • BackWoodsMike 2012/03/21 21:02:04
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    God bless Malia.. She is a lovely 13 year old who has a father who in not only the worst president in our history, he may just qualify as one of the worst fathers.

As the president of the “United States”, who should be supporting the country he is president of, you would think he would select (and I'm sure it was his wife's and his decision to choose the vacation location) one of the fantastic vacation spots here in the United States, especially when the American tax payer (the 50 percent of us who pay taxes) have to pay for it.

Mexico is not only a foreign country, even in the resort areas, it's not exactly the safest place to vacation, and that's for the average citizen, so you can imagine the danger that the daughter of a head of State will be exposed to.

While in the States, I believe (from my old NCIS days) that the child of a president has the constant protection of a 4 member secrete service team, and those teams work 12 hour shifts with alternating 7 on 4 off shifts, which would make the entire detail 12 agents. Like I said though, this is just what I have noted in the past. There are no published numbers to establish that, and rightfully so. No one should know haw many agents anyone of our protected individuals have protecting them at one time.

The problem I se...

The problem I see here is that there were a minimum of 25 agents (and knowing the service, probably more), which is over twice of the number that normally would be detailed, and besides the salaries of those agents, the housing, meals and transportation is being footed by Americans who because of her father, do not have the money to take vacations themselves. You also might want to ask yourself how much you trust the Mexican Police!

To me, the cost of the vacation is secondary though. The safety of the Child is my concern. Obama is not the most beloved world leader that he believes himself to be, and exposing his lovely daughter to unnecessary danger is completely irresponsible.
  • Rore73 2012/03/21 20:49:33
    ITS ONLY MONEY..
    Rore73
    +1
    Obama thinks he's Saddam Hussein and we have no choice but to put up with him.
  • geegee Rore73 2012/03/22 23:00:25
    geegee
    +1
    He will be a dictator if he is elected for four more years !! He is on his way right now.Then we will never get rid of his ass !!
  • CuppaT Child of God 2012/03/21 20:43:51
    CuppaT   Child of God
    +3
    Really? We the taxpayers are paying for her trip. First of all it's a school trip and secondly the Obamas have enough money to take care of their kids school expenses.

Were is your proof? Real proof, not just something posted by the like Limbaugh et al.
  • CHUCK CuppaT ... 2012/03/21 20:55:46
    CHUCK
    +1
    ALL SCHOOLS ARE COMPLAINING HOW BROKE THEY ARE..

THE LINKS IN THE ARTICLE SEEM TO WORK FOR ME..

• Avenged7 CHUCK 2012/03/21 23:51:46
    Avenged7
    +2
    I'm 100% sure that the parents paid for their children's trip. Thar's usually the way it works!
  • WTF Avenged7 2012/09/29 02:54:11
    WTF
    Ahhh she took her mamas jet? That we the people paid for with that huge grant michell got... Don't you believe they paid for a dime of it... They never pay they are the handout couple
  • Avenged7 WTF 2012/10/04 21:37:44
    Avenged7
    You and your gang sound really desperate to find anything to whine about Obama, even his kids. Get a life.
  • WTF Avenged7 2012/10/04 23:58:41
    WTF
    Lol old news buddy...
  • Patriotic CHUCK 2012/03/22 05:04:54
    Patriotic
    +1
    Due you even have kids in school? If you did, you would know that the parents pay for those trips. My two kids are going to England, and we are paying for it all. I'm sure if I was the president that my kids would get Secrete Service protection, but I would still pay for the trip and give them pocket money. I'm sure this is what the President did.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/03/21 20:19:43
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    I know some kids who can't go on spring break because their parents lost their jobs and can't afford to fund the trip. I'm sure there are many others out there who have lost homes, cars, bank accounts.........spring break is the last thing they have money for.

Oh wait........this kid went to Mexico on OUR dollar! I get it.......regular kids can't go cause their parents are paying for the First Kid's vacay. Wow.......how do you tell your child that??
  • CHUCK Louisa ... 2012/03/21 20:21:10
    CHUCK
    +3
    TEA 4 MEPhotobucketTEA 4 ME
  • Patriotic CHUCK 2012/03/22 05:06:38
    Patriotic
    You are very ignorant!
  • CHUCK Patriotic 2012/03/22 19:04:26
    CHUCK
    STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES ,BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME.. DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOD TO CALL PEOPLE NAMES..??
  • Patriotic CHUCK 2012/03/22 19:41:30
    Patriotic
    Yep!
  • CHUCK Patriotic 2012/03/22 20:16:21
    CHUCK
    WHAT A LONELY LIFE YOU MUST LEAD..

MARINES, MARINES
  • Patriotic CHUCK 2012/03/22 20:17:18
    Patriotic
    +1
    It will be even better without you.
  • CHUCK Patriotic 2012/03/22 20:18:58
    CHUCK
    LOL
  • Avenged7 Louisa ... 2012/03/21 23:52:35
    Avenged7
    +1
    Parents paid for the trip.
  • Louisa ... Avenged7 2012/03/22 01:53:06
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    And the twenty-five Secret Service Agents? Do you realize the cost of transporting, housing and paying these people? I don't think the obama's paid for it!

But we'll never know because obama lies every time he opens his mouth.
  • Patriotic Louisa ... 2012/03/22 05:08:11
    Patriotic
    So, should his children miss out on all of their school trips and their childhood. I'm sure that other children of the first family joined their classmates on field trips and proms etc. Your argument makes no since.
  • Louisa ... Patriotic 2012/03/22 14:35:54
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    They've been overseas numerous times. Don't you worry yourself, they're getting an education unparalled!

Your argument is selfish and foolhardy. You tell this to the kids who don't even get a vacay!
  • Patriotic Louisa ... 2012/03/22 19:42:40
    Patriotic
    So, are you saying that if I take my kids on vacation because I can afford it, that I am being selfish because other kids can't? I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly...
  • WTF Patriotic 2012/09/29 02:58:34
    WTF
    Let me tell you in plain words...there are ppl in this country on food stamps with no jobs...can't pay for school lunches...you need to get out of the house more...
  • Patriotic WTF 2012/10/02 16:31:29
    Patriotic
    I come from a very poor family, so I think I have been there and done that.
  • Avenged7 Louisa ... 2012/03/22 18:56:20
    Avenged7
    Aw jeez, you seem awful desperate to find something to criticize Obama for. This was a school function the parents paid for all transportation, food, and housing. My God, take a breath for a minute, and think logically. I know the right wing have you all wound up on Obama. But if you don't know this, then check it out, the secret service, always go where the first family members go. It doesn't matter what presidents family it is, they will always have secret service there to protect them.

Laura Bush and her 2 daughters took to trips, one to Africa, and one to South America, secret service were there to protect them on both vacations.

2014/10/26 09:33:39