Obama Pushing for Tax Hike on Top Earners: If You Make $250K+ a Year, Should You Have to Pay More?

Chris D 2012/07/09 16:00:00
Politicians love to raise taxes -- and it's not just the Democrats! Do you think that those who are successful and achieve greater income should have to pay a disproportionally greater share of the tax burden?

FOXNEWS.COM reports:
President Obama, amid charges of waging class warfare, is expected to push Monday for a tax hike on families earning more than $250,000 -- and an extension of the Bush-era tax rates for families making less than that.
tax hike families earning 250000 extension bush-era tax rates families

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/09/obama-t...

• Lady Wh... ehrhornp 2012/07/09 17:36:33
    +3
    exactly
  • ehrhornp Lady Wh... 2012/07/09 17:58:15
    ehrhornp
    +4
    Amazing how phony conservatives have apparently forgotten that we used to have a balanced federal budget which they promptly unbalanced when they took over the government in 2001. How stupid does one have to be to vote for the same idiots again who screwed up this country?
  • Lady Wh... ehrhornp 2012/07/09 19:57:39
    +3
    makes ya wonder, huh?
  • ehrhornp Lady Wh... 2012/07/09 20:42:58
    ehrhornp
    +3
    Just shake my head in disbelief. Most amazing thing is that today's phony conservatives don't even know the history of their own party. I just explained to a "conservative" that Nixon first proposed Obama care.
  • Mike ehrhornp 2012/07/10 03:16:25
    Well then you need to look at the Obama care package again becuase Nixon didn't introduce it.....no where is there mention of Birth Control pills paid for by Govt...Which by the way is a national and federal issues now...haha....itwas a question to Mitt in the debates..
  • ehrhornp Mike 2012/07/11 17:09:10
    ehrhornp
    Have to keep women barefoot and pregnant? Yes lets not pay for any health care for women. Way to go.
  • Mike ehrhornp 2012/07/10 03:14:40
    Well I guess your pretty stupid...although I don't like calling people names.......just refer to my past post....you have bought into the lies and deceit.....liberals..and republicans....it matters not....Federal Reserve is the one that runs this country.....
  • ehrhornp Mike 2012/07/11 17:12:56
    ehrhornp
    Along with congress. But Nixon even had a mandate in his plan:

http://suite101.com/article/t...
  • zbacku ehrhornp 2012/07/09 17:54:49 (edited)
    zbacku
    +2
    Clinton balanced the budget ONLY because the Republicans MADE him balance it.
  • Bruce zbacku 2012/07/09 17:58:32
    Bruce
    +1
    Partly true. And first year they added the Social Security funds into the mix.
  • Marcus ... Bruce 2012/07/10 04:37:09
    Marcus Clark
    Another myth.
  • ehrhornp zbacku 2012/07/09 17:59:57
    ehrhornp
    +4
    lol, you learned your propaganda well grasshopper. Republicans were a joke and got their butts kicked by Clinton. If the republicans played a meaningful role during the Clinton administration, why did the budget become unbalanced as soon as he left? The republicans were still there in the house and senate.
  • Lady Wh... ehrhornp 2012/07/09 19:58:03
    +1
    EXACTLY!
  • Grabitz zbacku 2012/07/09 20:24:44
    Grabitz
    +1
    Clinton didn't balance crap , he opened he doors to free trade and the workers made a tun of money shipping their jobs out to third worlds .

Did you ever find a job ? The Conservative Fox News say people like you are lazy and that there are plenty of jobs . Is it true ?
  • Tombo ehrhornp 2012/07/10 02:15:09
    Tombo
    We had a balanced budget!?!? B.S. Was Social Security Reimbursed? Were the foreign debts paid off? ...and then when Bush left office the liberals said he doubled the deficit. Yes, when he left he had a 10 trillion dollar deficit. I always thought that two times zero was still zero. The Gingrich/Clinton surplus exist only in their dreams.

• ehrhornp Tombo 2012/07/11 17:16:30
    ehrhornp
    Yes we had a balanced budget. Then GW broke it by promising that tax cuts for the rich will keep the budget balanced. Trouble is it didn't. Shame republicans no longer believe in fiscal responsibility. Two of Clinton's budgets did not rely upon SS.

Do you know the last republican who submitted a balanced budget to congress. Do you know what his tax rates were?
  • Tombo ehrhornp 2012/07/13 02:59:37
    Tombo
    Hmm, tax cuts for the rich. I think I've heard that before. Probably from liberals. Now they are saying they want to raise taxes on those making over $250,000 and keep the Bush tax cuts for the middle class. I thought the Bush cuts were only for the rich. Funny how things change. The Bush tax cuts gave us 4.3% unemployment it's now 14%. The Bush tax cuts brought huge sums of money to the Federal Government but Bush spent like a drunken sailor, but not like the drunken sailors in Washington today. And when Clinton left office there was NO surplus. It was a projected surplus. Again, did he pay off the Social Security Deficit? NO! Did he pay off the foreign debts? NO! And I don't know who the last republican was who didn't have a deficit. But I know that Bush added 4.9 trillion to the debt in 8 years and Obama ad 5.1 Trillion in 3 years. We better get some responsible people in Washington who will cut government, or we will wind up like the Roman Empire. I do know that!

THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

• ehrhornp Tombo 2012/07/13 15:47:30
    ehrhornp
    You ignore the fact that GW drove the economy off a cliff. GW may have had a low unemployment rate but his basic philosophy failed. He promised that tax cuts for the rich would trickle down on the rest of society and stimulate the economy. Just did not happen.

I find it interesting that when GW came out of his first recession he did so by a growth in government workers. Today Obama is improving the economy using less government workers. I guess republicans now are for putting everyone on the government payroll like GW did?
  • Tombo ehrhornp 2012/07/14 04:02:44
    Tombo
    In his entire 8 years in office I know that Reagan added 12,000 government employees. In his first three years Obama has added nearly 130,000. Obama's economics has failed miserably and has cost the American people trillions. Last month there were 80,000 people newly employed; it take 150,000 to remain even. 85,000 went on disability. Horrible!
  • ehrhornp Tombo 2012/07/14 15:10:29
    ehrhornp
    Labor Department statistics say that government employment has decreased by 608,000 since February 2009. Nevertheless, Fox News and Politico both uncritically reported Mitt Romney's false claim that "[w]e have 145,000 more government workers under this president."

http://mediamatters.org/resea...

You really shouldn't listen to the liars on the far right. They just make things up. Mitt is just following in the footsteps of G W Bush and just lies.
  • Tombo ehrhornp 2012/07/16 20:54:03
    Tombo
    No Way! I have checked and googled and all agencies show that federal government employment has increased under Obama. If he made a decrease of 608,000, he would have cut entire departments, like I wish he would. and remember: Media Matters is a Soros funded operation and should never be trusted. Good Day
  • ehrhornp Tombo 2012/07/16 21:57:09 (edited)
    ehrhornp
    Well we just have a difference on who to believe. Here is another source which you will just dismiss:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes...

And finally here is a far left pinko commie source:

http://www.businessinsider.co...

lol
  • Mike ehrhornp 2012/07/10 03:12:56
    You don't get it....look....if I own a business and it's world wide....and I'm doing great all over the world making a good chunk of change all over......why do I care about a tax gain in the USA..??....I don't....I even said it in my opening remarks....BUT I am concerned about the middle class who can not afford another tax increase.........see when my business goes down in other areas of the world...I send money to cover from other places around the world......same in usa...if the govt thinks they can get more money out of me by raising taxes....they know they can't ...wHY.???...because we all have off shore accounts...including PRESIDENTS.....but there are millions of middle class that can't afford to do all that....so if they say we raise the Tax up 7% for the Rich...and only 4% middle class....you guys get all happy because you think we're going to pay more money....but we're not....you can only tax what is in the USA....plain and simple....Obama says he would pay a higher tax bracket....sure....Bring it on..!!!.......He has money all over the world....(don't be fooled by their lies).....so if you want to raise it it's only going to hurt the Middle class not the Rich...."compound interest"....more people in the middle class will bring more income...
  • ehrhornp Mike 2012/07/13 16:02:31
    ehrhornp
    I am not against paying taxes provided they go to something useful. Unfortunately much of our taxes do not. The military industrial complex is bloated and i feel can be easily cut 50% without compromising effectiveness. The war on drugs is another area that should be eliminated as it is a complete failure. Finally homeland security is a waste. I just find it amazing that eh party of small government, republicans, increased government when they were in power and the party of so called big government, democrats have seen a reduction in government workers.

I will start believing republicans when they start pushing for the elimination of the war on drugs, and the reduction of the military industrial complex by 50%. think I will ever see it? lol

these expenditures just suck up huge sums of money without providing any worthwhile benefit.
  • Mike ehrhornp 2012/07/13 18:10:53
    I agree with you...and I think you need to get behind Ron Paul...I have been campaigning for him this week in Nebraska...if we win this weekend in the convention delegates...we will have a nomination in the Republican Convention....I'm doing everything i can to webinar s with delegates in a group...to phone calls....now if we don't win this weekend....we still have Louisianan, Maine, and Oregon that has to clear up their corrupt process ....needless to say in Maine we for sure won the delegates there and they will be going to the convention....I will be there but not in the convention...you have to be a delegate...but I'll be out there in the lobby and streets...working with them to understand Ron Paul's message from a professional stand point..I have a 400+ dinner event at the Hylton where delegates will go and hear the message..30 years of consistency...only one will cut 1 Trillion dollars in the budget....Bring our troops home...stop wasteful spending....If Ron Paul can be there that will be great..not sure legally if he can and i dont' want to do something tat would cause controversy...haha........IT will be a MASSIVE change...BUT a CHANGE is what we need...not 4 more years of the same thing...and that is what both other candidates have said they will do....
  • Marcus ... ehrhornp 2012/07/10 04:35:45
    Marcus Clark
    The whole thing about the "Clinton balanced budget/surplus" is a myth. The debt increased every year under Clinton. I will give him (and his Republican Congress) credit for reducing spending, but they never did reduce the debt or even hit a zero change.

2014/07/31 03:38:45