Obama Pushing for Tax Hike on Top Earners: If You Make $250K+ a Year, Should You Have to Pay More?

Chris D 2012/07/09 16:00:00
Politicians love to raise taxes -- and it's not just the Democrats! Do you think that those who are successful and achieve greater income should have to pay a disproportionally greater share of the tax burden?

FOXNEWS.COM reports:
President Obama, amid charges of waging class warfare, is expected to push Monday for a tax hike on families earning more than $250,000 -- and an extension of the Bush-era tax rates for families making less than that.
tax hike families earning 250000 extension bush-era tax rates families

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/09/obama-t...

• Magnus ... KrSpo 2012/07/12 05:35:07 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    There is no "[deciding] what is constitutional or not" - it is, or it is not. Period. It's called (apparently these days not-so) common-sense. The Judicial Branch is there to UPHOLD the Constitution, to protect and conserve it from any legislation whatsoever that would pose a threat to it - directly or indirectly, if not totally usurping it altogether, and not to look and rule the other way as it's dismantled piece by piece - all for the right price, of course. More's the pity, that is in fact EXACTLY what they've been doing, and that buck doesn't just stop with them either, it is rife within ALL levels of this Nation's government, not even just the Fed, but the State and Local too! And that brings us full circle back around to my original statements.
  • KrSpo Magnus ... 2012/07/12 13:30:37 (edited)
    KrSpo
    Here we have the issue tough. on one side we have people stating that the Judicial Branch i doing their job, and on the other side people state they are usurping the Constitution. When the Patriot Act was first put in place, the SCOTUS ruled it Constitutional too, even though it circumvents the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 13th , and 14th Amendments. Did you scream as loudly when the Patriot Act was allowed?
  • Magnus ... KrSpo 2012/07/13 02:39:03
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    YES!
  • KrSpo Magnus ... 2012/07/13 14:12:07
    KrSpo
    I doubt it. I never met a Republican that didn't LOVE the war thing.
  • Magnus ... KrSpo 2012/07/13 22:21:08
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Then that is your problem, isn't it? I'll hasten to add, only a Nation of FOOLS would not move to act and to defend itself from a hostile Nation, or indeed, entire region of Nations that are hellbent on the total and abject DESTRUCTION of that people's Nation, FOOLS that would stand idly by and just let it happen to themselves. There would BE NO Nations left standing as they are today, if much of the world took that same stance - only one people would be left, and that would be the ruthless, shrewd and terrible peoples of this earth (such as, for example, the Arabs, or the Russians, or the Chinese - socalled "people of peace"), not the little SPINELESS cowards that would refuse to defend and protect their own Nation and people against such others!

So if that is what you mean, then I guess, yeah... I support 'war', WHERE JUSTIFIED.
  • KrSpo Magnus ... 2012/07/13 22:23:47
    KrSpo
    Ok, Please can you tell me what nation we are/were defending ourselves from?

Please tell me what war was Justified? I fought in the last truly 'justifiable' war, and it wasn't in the last 12 years.
  • Magnus ... KrSpo 2012/07/13 22:37:15
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    I was not aware we were speaking of a specific war. I'd thought your entire issue was war itself, and the fact you'd tried to paint me as a warmonger for any and all reasons? Please, stop changing the subject. Its a very poor tactic and they simply do not work on me.

But for your information, yes it was justified. Ask the families and friends of the more than 3,000 people who lost their lives that day. Or even better, why don't you personally contact them and give THEM your drivel of thought that the Mid-East wars on their family member's behalf (as well as the welfare of this ENTIRE NATION) was a farce. I'm sure they'll be very 'nice' to you to hear it.

You see, what you fail to realize is that if we did NOT act to defend this Nation after having already been attacked, the other Nations (chiefly the ones I'd specified) would see our weakness and unwillingness to act, and then to attack even more ruthlessly - because they'd see we would not lift a finger to preserve ourselves and our very welfare itself.

By the way, if your next feeble argument is about the WMD's - they were moved to Syria, and Syria has just moved them elsewhere again. Do you perchance even bother to peruse the global news at all? They did exist and they still do exist, and they are a grave threat, and not just ...

By the way, if your next feeble argument is about the WMD's - they were moved to Syria, and Syria has just moved them elsewhere again. Do you perchance even bother to peruse the global news at all? They did exist and they still do exist, and they are a grave threat, and not just to us. These people do not reason the way we do, they only want annihilation of the "West", nothing more and nothing less. And if we were to abide it... again, we would be FOOLS.

At any rate, if you are so against our defending ourselves then do the Arabs a favor and kill yourself, because that's what they want. Only death to you and to me and to everyone else who is NOT a part of their DEATH CULT called "Islam".
  • KrSpo Magnus ... 2012/07/13 22:41:39 (edited)
    KrSpo
    I didn't change the subject, you stated they were justified and thus I asked the question.

Oh, and you know that they were moved to Syria? Yes, I do seek out global news daily, also at the time that the 'wmd's' were supposed to have been moved. I know, that whole UN inspection through out the 90's saying the WMD's were gone doesn't phase an old truth hound like you, eh?

And Again, can you please tell me what nation wants the west destroyed? Death Cult called "Islam" Wow, are they anything like that Death Cult called Christianity? Of that Death Cult like Jewish?
  • Magnus ... KrSpo 2012/07/13 22:57:41
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Oh, but of course it makes sense now. Another blind Progressive... should have known. Never mind, sweetie. You'll grow up and see the world for what it actually is one day. Until then, this conversation is over. I will not be wasting anymore of my time on a futile endeavor to speak some sense and reason with the senseless and unreasonable. Good day, have a nice life.
  • fortyca... Jkirk3279 2012/07/12 04:29:11
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    Inflation is a tax, genius. And a minimum wage that high would put millions out of work. Where did you learn economics? Starfleet Academy?
  • Radlad 2012/07/11 22:13:08
    Radlad
    +1
    They are paying more already.................

BTW for you fools that believe it is only the wealthy that will have their taxes raised. You better think again. The bush tax cuts barry wants to extend, Those tax cuts will be extended a year maybe two at most. then everybody gets it. Not to mention all the tax increases that are associated with obummercare.......
  • Jkirk3279 Radlad 2012/07/12 01:42:50
    Jkirk3279
    His name's not Barry.

He has said he wants to extend the tax cuts on those making less than $250,000, and once done, can't reverse it.

He's already cut your taxes SEVERAL times. There's probably an extra $3,660 in your pocket because of Barack Obama.

I don't know why some people insist in believing conspiracy theories.

The Affordable Healthcare Act was funded from day one by cutting the fat from the Budget; they trimmed out over a trillion dollars in the first ten years to pay for it.

The only people that will see any penalty are those with a big tax return coming, that haven't bought health care insurance even though they can afford it.

The idea is stolen directly from the conservative Heritage Institute. They came up with the plan in the 90's, and Mitt Romney implemented it in Massachusetts.

The irony was that when Mitt gave his anti-Obamacare speech, he did it from the roof of the Heritage Institute, the very people that invented RomneyCare.

If you want to know how it will work out, ask somebody from Massachusetts. They seem pretty happy with it, Mandate and all.
  • fortyca... Jkirk3279 2012/07/12 04:30:01
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    What a load of b/s. Give it up, Kirky.
  • KrSpo fortyca... 2012/07/12 05:01:59
    KrSpo
    JKirk has given you nothing but truth, and you other two give him drivel back.
  • fortyca... KrSpo 2012/07/12 13:05:36
    fortycal_sig
    Massachusetts is a corrupt, bankrupt joke. Romney is a hypocrite. Kirky is an economic illiterate. And I don't know what the heck you are. You keep your propaganda, and I'll keep my freedom, thank you.
  • Glitchie 2012/07/11 22:09:30 (edited)
    Glitchie
    +2
    Why should the rich get all the tax breaks when they have the money to pay taxes. Often times, the ones that get taxed the most are the poor or middle class that live pay check to pay check with little to no tax breaks. The only other way I see that I would say it would depend or to say no all together is if we got rid of the IRS completely. You've heard the joke right? The IRS thinks everything is THEIRS?
  • Radlad Glitchie 2012/07/11 22:20:25
    Radlad
    +1
    Since 20% of federal revenue is paid by the top 1%. and over 50% is gotten from the top 20% of wage earners while the poor pay nothing in income taxes your comment is in error.

BTW it ain't gonna be just the rich that will have their taxes go up.............
  • Cubatista92 2012/07/11 22:06:58
    It depends
    Cubatista92
    I do agree that rich people should pay more taxes, but I don't consider a $250k salary being rich.
  • Jkirk3279 Cubatis... 2012/07/12 01:44:30
    Jkirk3279
    No, making a quarter million dollars a year, that's not RICH. LOL.

Remember, when John McCain was asked "what's your definition of Middle Class?", he said, "anybody making up to $5 Million dollars a year.

A-huh.
  • Watermusicranger 2012/07/11 21:50:18
    Watermusicranger
    +1
    Each and every American should be treated equally under the law and pay the same tax rate. Drop the IRS and do a straight consumption Tax.
    Equal for All
  • Jkirk3279 Watermu... 2012/07/12 01:45:55
    Jkirk3279
    That would be the BEST giveaway for the Rich, EVER ! People scraping by would be paying 10% of their income, with no deductions, no tax return to look forward to, and the Rich guys would be paying LESS than they are NOW !!!

Brilliant !!
  • Watermu... Jkirk3279 2012/07/14 16:21:33
    Watermusicranger
    They will spend more since they have more.
  • 2468 2012/07/11 20:59:10
    2468
    +1
    Those who have made more and gone well beyond mere comfort can afford to be more generous. Currently, the rich have gamed the system to their advantage and it is time to re-balance things so that the average person has some opportunity.
  • Hutch 2468 2012/07/11 22:50:09
    Hutch
    the average person does have the opportunity .. capitalism is open for one to make their own opportunity as a SBO you should know that .. the wealthy had to start someplace and somewhere.. who is the general public to judge what another individuals comfort is or is not and what they do with their money. If one wants more comfort, it is up to them to make it happen within their own means and earn it .. it is about individual responsibility and accountability, not about group mandates or social engineering.. that is a socialist theology, which by the way has never succeeded.. socialism is for the socialist, not the people under socialism.
  • Jkirk3279 Hutch 2012/07/12 01:47:55
    Jkirk3279
    +1
    Most of the wealthy in America were born that way. So they started in the womb.

And then they went to the BEST schools, the BEST colleges, and learned the BEST business contacts.

Stuff that the ordinary smart businessman can't even touch is just handed to them. And they, of course, think it's because they're just THAT smart.
  • Hutch Jkirk3279 2012/07/12 22:59:43
    Hutch
    not all were in the womb and some were and such is life. life is not fair nor should it be. otherwise it will result in the lowest common denominator not the greatest - history of socialism and communism have shown that path. one has to do what he has to do to make it in this world or they can complain and ask for free handouts.. for some reason, the later seems to be the mindset.

If one wants the best schools, then work for them. i know many that have gone to good schools and done very well, i know some that have no school and have done better.

weither it was handed to them or not is irrelevant .. one is responsible for their own path to make .. some have an easier life some dont. the world needs ditch diggers and the worlds needs leaders.
  • Squatch 2468 2012/07/11 23:39:02
    Squatch
    +2
    Some people actually worked hard instead of "gaming the system." Oh Yeah, and they did it without rich families or government handouts.
  • Jkirk3279 Squatch 2012/07/12 01:57:56
    Jkirk3279
    +1
    Please name a few people that got rich without starting rich.

Bill Gates; no, his mom was pretty well off. He went to Harvard.

Steve Jobs; Yes. Didn't have much money, didn't even GO to college, built a couple of companies with and without Steve Wozniak, died with $6 Billion Dollars.

Mark Zuckerberg; Maybe. He's pretty bright. I wouldn't be surprised if he got one of those rare-as-hen's-teeth scholarships to Harvard.

The truth is, most self-made people don't make more than $1M a year.

The people at the top, like the Wall Street Hedge Fund Managers, are making,
    on average, $2 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

And they are paying maybe 14% taxes on it. And laughing all the way to their Swiss Bank.

They don't WORK. They manipulate the Stock Market and squeeze out money from oil and gas futures. Which drives up the cost of gas.
  • JimShou 2012/07/11 20:54:16
    JimShou
    The obamians are so ignorant of how the economy works....duh
  • Jkirk3279 JimShou 2012/07/12 01:59:32
    Jkirk3279
    +1
    Actually, no. We understand it's Keynesian Supply and Demand.

It's the Republicans that believe in "Trickle Down Supply Side Economics".

We've been trying that, over and over, since Reagan. With a brief recovery under Clinton.

So, how's your Supply Side Economics working out for you?
  • JimShou Jkirk3279 2012/07/12 13:54:44
    JimShou
    Supply side??? Great... obamanian economics?? ..socialism.... unionism.... marxism...communism....obviously ...not doing so well..... wake up..look around you...cities....businesses collapsing daily...and no end in site... and unemployment worse in history...you must be from another planet
  • Commander Pyle 2012/07/11 19:54:49
    Commander Pyle
    Everyone should contribute, except the poor. Because the poor shall inherit the vote!

And if you don't like it, you can take your rich ass out of Obamerica!
    obama
  • Mike Command... 2012/07/11 20:09:50
    hahaha....I already doing that..haha
  • Squatch Command... 2012/07/11 23:42:56
    Squatch
    Leave it to a lovely African American to think everything ought to be given to them. I have news for you. Even if Obama gets re-elected and he passes everything he wants to, you are not going to be any better off. Mostly, because people with no ambition or work ethic are rarely successful.
  • Command... Squatch 2012/07/12 02:18:24
    Commander Pyle
    Bro, how do you know I'm African American? I don't want anything you have. I don't want your comb, your loveseat or your damn astrovan.

Somethings wrong with you.
  • Jkirk3279 Command... 2012/07/12 02:00:30
    Jkirk3279
    The vote is the one thing the poor have.

Which is why the Republican Governors are working hard to take that away from them.
  • Mark 2012/07/11 19:22:07
    Mark
    If I pay 22% of my wages in taxes (= tax burden to me as an individual) , then all middle class and higher wage earners need to pay 22 % of their wages , or they are NOT paying the same amount proportunently as I am .

It is NEVER the amount that equals the same proportunently ,... it is always the same % , that will be equal when it comes to the tax burden on the individual .

DON'T ever let them talk doggie poow poow either concerning job growth or decline either ,... because it isn't their business that the tax collector is seeking more from , it the owner personally (their W-2 form at the end of the year , as an individual) , that needs to be equal proportunently (the %) as the rest of us have to .
  • Mike Mark 2012/07/11 20:11:43
    Sorry I had a hard time following this...can you explain the 22% for middle class and higher wages earners...??....so your for a flat tax....right..?
  • Jkirk3279 Mike 2012/07/12 02:02:22
    Jkirk3279
    I think he's saying, if he has to pay 22%, why should a Hedge Fund Manager making $2 Billion a year pay 14% ?

Ronald Reagan said the same thing. I guess that makes him a Socialist.
  • Mike Jkirk3279 2012/07/12 02:38:13
    oH I'm in agreement with the people......I'm all for a flat tax.....my friends are having a hard time keeping up with the jones becuase of the taxes they have to pay.....the problem is no one wants to tax the poor....you see if they would do a flat tax of 14% ....they could use that ....but you see they think we are gettin away with not gettin enough money from me.....they want me to pay 28% or 32% now....it's sad...becuase it's not going ot effect me....nor my other constituants that have lots of money.....inclucding politicians.....that's why they won't go to a flat tax....

2014/07/24 10:46:14