Obama promised recovery if we spent ourselves into ruin. Do you still believe in Obama big-government economics?

FanOreilly 2011/08/01 09:31:48
Yes, I believe in big-government
No, Obama/Reid/Pelosi have (once-again) proven that socialism fails
The narrative of the Obama administration is:

-The USA was facing the greatest economic downturn since the 'great depression'
-It was all the Republican's fault
-Only massive expansions in government spending would save the USA from catastrophe

The American people did not want the massive expansions in government spending but Democrats 'passed' them anyway.

Now we find out that not only did Obama big-government NOT help the economy, the Obama/Reid/Pelosi socialist polices made the US economy worse...much worse.

"Yesterday, analysts thought the economy was expanding by 2.5% a year. This morning, they learned GDP grew by only 1.6% in the last four quarters. This is a remarkable discovery. It’s the difference between thinking we’re expanding at a decent, if disappointing, pace, and knowing we’re growing around half our historical norm."

Yep, that's the Obama 'recovery' at the bottom of the chart there.

Remember all the Harvard economists who arrogantly declared the solution was socialism?

They have been proven wrong, especially the Harvard-educated socialist professor who is currently occupying the white house.

Here is another chart that compares recessions with US output:

This is before the GDP numbers were 'revised' down. That means the Obama recovery has scored even lower than all previous recoveries in the past 100 years.

What is the result:

-An un-sustainable burden of government programs created by socialists in the Democrat party
-An economy with a debt so high it is permanently downgraded
-An American people who for the first time expect a lower standard of living and quality of life in the future.

"When historians look back on this moment in American politics, they may wonder why the White House failed to focus on the consuming issue of the time: the economy — and, in particular, jobs. …

In June, the nation’s unemployment rate rose for a third straight month, as employers added only 18,000 workers and corporate earnings languished.

President Barack Obama’s support has eroded among the very independent voters who helped him sweep into office. That drop-off is based on his inability to lead on numerous issues, but most importantly on the economy."

Do you still believe in Obama big-government economics?

Read More: http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/31/guess-what-h...

• FanOreilly 2011/08/01 09:40:03
    FanOreilly
    +16
    Socialism fails in it's declared aim to 'spread wealth around' with such consistency that we are left to think that socialists are either liars or morons.

They are both. It's a sado-masochistic relationship between the cruel socialist dominants and the socialist dependent submissives.

Socialists use the premise of egalitarianism to convince the masses to vote for socialist politicians for redistribution and guaranteed economic outcomes through government nationalization of private industry. The liars are the politicians who only care about power and the morons are the foolish souls who believe them.

Socialists get the power and the people get more misery.

Socialists say 'give me power and I will make your life better'.

Socialists only care about the first half of that sentence.

• Beccy 2011/08/27 22:18:03
    I wish there was another answer because i don't like either. I never felt that Obama had enough experience to make the decussions needed to fix our economy. The man was a community organizer for god's sake
  • Josef 2011/08/04 00:50:35
    Josef
    I never believed in Big-Government Economics
  • linda ~PWCM~JLA 2011/08/03 03:52:57
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    I've never believed in big government. Anything they get their sticky fingers in is a disaster. I thought they were to protect our borders and they can't even do that.
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/08/03 03:39:03
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    I have never believed in any of Obama's policies! believed obamas policies Obama socialist
  • sherry 2011/08/03 01:50:27
    sherry
    I've never been an Obama fan and it's considered a great honor to allah when a muslims' lies are believed by infidels.
  • boyd868b 2011/08/03 00:57:33
    boyd868b
    except in the cloud coo coo land of the left.
  • dick 2011/08/02 21:51:42
    dick
    Never believed a word that turkey said! You know he is lying when his mouth is moving! believed turkey lying mouth moving obama lier
  • Herb 2011/08/02 17:40:31
    Herb
    +1
    its time to satrt cutting federal jobs and lowing how much we spend out. we already have not enough money wehn obama care kicks in unless it's defeated in the courts is going to kill our economy.
  • sbtbill 2011/08/02 17:29:48
    Yes, I believe in big-government
    sbtbill
    +1
    I just wish Obama believed in stimulus. Dump Obama!
  • IZZY 2011/08/02 14:41:33
    Yes, I believe in big-government
    IZZY
    +1
    Big government has been spent on saving Investment Banks, Wall Street (Goldman Sachs etc.), Corporate Welfare tax breaks, saving failed companies (G.M., AIG, Countrywide, etc.) and subsidizing tax breaks for the wealthiest. I support big govt. that aids the middle class, working class, poor, and elderly (retired or not).
  • freebirdie 2011/08/02 14:31:43
    freebirdie
  • Franklin 2011/08/02 12:28:00
    Franklin
    +2
    George W Bush ran a deficit of 200 billion and gave us JOBS ! Democrats (06 to now) run a 1,500 billion dollar deficit and give us food stamps ...
  • freebirdie Franklin 2011/08/02 14:31:25
  • Franklin freebirdie 2011/08/03 12:25:34
    Franklin
    but you cant bitch about illegal actions by ACORN , they changed their name to avoid the law ...LOL
  • Hawkeye 2011/08/02 11:52:18
    Hawkeye
    +2
    We have had a contest between the left and the right for FAR longer then I have been alive..

I TRUELY believe that Obama isn't capable of taking an intelligent part in this..

His Legacy will be SIMPLE..

If it WORKS,, BREAK it,, If it Doesn't,, don't FIX it,, smash it even MORE..

THIS is a mentality of a Community Agitator,, to cause disruption and contention.. To stir things UP.. to Divide and Conquer..

It is NOT the behavior of a President who's supposed to be THE President of ALL the People..
  • freethinker 2011/08/02 11:42:59
    freethinker
    +2
    This Traitor to America has got to be Gone!!!
  • Mr.Steve 2011/08/02 09:27:36
  • ★Calliope★ 2011/08/02 08:52:58
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    Never have.

Never will.

Stupid asses.

I don't understand people that can read and have a normal intelligence and are familiar with history that can think, even briefly that any kind of an all encompassing constantly growing government and entitlement society is anything but trouble, and doomed for failure..

Any thing that is big enough to give you everything - sure as hell can take it away if you piss it off. Starts with taking guns. READ HISTORY.
  • Soundstorm 2011/08/02 08:52:17
    Soundstorm
    +3
    This is the change I believed in. I knew Obama would be a disaster.
  • Pops 2011/08/02 08:49:11
    Pops
    +3
    No we made a big mistake in my opinion.
  • eliosc 2011/08/02 07:16:30 (edited)
    eliosc
    +2
    - Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.- Winston Churchill

-“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.” - Thomas Sowell

-“You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing.” - Thomas Sowell
  • eliosc eliosc 2011/08/02 07:40:36
    eliosc
    +3
    Thomas Jefferson: “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.”

Thomas Jefferson, “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
  • TheRichZone 2011/08/02 06:51:23
    TheRichZone
    +2
    ~ A Quote ~

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
  • eliosc TheRich... 2011/08/02 07:19:28
    eliosc
    +1
    Priceless!!
  • TheRich... eliosc 2011/08/02 14:54:06
    TheRichZone
    +2
    Obama was against raising the Deb Ceiling before he was for it -

Our president is a "COMMON" two-faced politician

obama raising deb ceiling president common two-faced politician obama two faced
  • AL 2011/08/02 06:33:06
    AL
    +2
    When you're already in a hole,at some point you have to have the good sense to know when to stop digging!
  • jlbcalif 2011/08/02 06:32:17
    jlbcalif
    +2
    Not no but Hell No
  • No, Obama/Reid/Pelosi have (once-again) proven that socialism fails
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +4
    Odumbo is a damn moron! Damn, the fool has to go in 2012! What in the hell is wrong with him?
  • Chukroast 2011/08/02 05:42:26
    Chukroast
    +2
    Not now. Not ever.
  • cathy 2011/08/02 05:15:13
    cathy
    +2
    Never did believe in the idiot!
  • sarah 2011/08/02 04:06:47 (edited)
    Yes, I believe in big-government
    sarah
    +1
    YES.. Lets make the Governmental the same size it was when Ronald Reagan was president.. Ronald was GOD so the size of his government must have been what GOD wanted.... But wait GOD also wanted George Bush as President so George Bush government size must be what GOD wanted.. .. Problem solved by GOD himself..WHY CHANGE WHAT GOD BUILT??
  • beavith1 sarah 2011/08/02 04:10:03
    beavith1
    +3
    no. you seem to believe that whatever size the gov't tells you is the right size is the size you like.

its a reflection on you that you just accept what you're told.
  • sarah beavith1 2011/08/02 04:16:20 (edited)
    sarah
    NO ..GOD chose George Bush to do his work on earth.. To criticize what George Bush did is the same as criticizing GOD... This came right from Sarah Palins church so it must me true
  • eliosc sarah 2011/08/02 07:26:29
    eliosc
    +1
    Sarah, your god (Obama) is calling you.
  • sarah eliosc 2011/08/02 07:36:56
    sarah
    +1
    My GOD is Jusus Christ ..I worship no man ..I bow down for no one .. I back down from no one. I was called many years ago.. I serve in the Army of GOD..
  • eliosc sarah 2011/08/02 08:00:34
    eliosc
    +1
    Somebody who believe in God, can't believe in socialism. The Bible is very clear: 2 Thessalonians 3: 8, 12. (3: 10).
  • sarah eliosc 2011/08/02 08:04:55
    sarah
    +1
    REALLY ..people interpet the Bible in many ways.. Are you saying your way is the only way?? You are right and anyone that disagrees is wrong??
  • eliosc sarah 2011/08/02 08:30:48 (edited)
    eliosc
    +1
    The Bible is use in many ways and some people just want to sell socialism. I don't believe the Bible says nothing in favor of socialism nor capitalism. What people want to believe is their own problem but don't try to push socialism to others like it's what God wants. I don't believe in communism because I came from a communist country, and as soon as they were in power, they confiscated all the Bibles and burned them. They started closing churches who didn't want to help "spread" the nice things about communism. So don't come to me with the BS communism.
  • sarah eliosc 2011/08/02 08:15:39
    sarah
    Bible Verses about Socialism I CAN AND DO.. Maybe we need to form Crusader Army's .. Who ever wins the war is right
    Acts 2:44-45 ES

And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.

Acts 4:32-35 ESV

Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common. And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

1 Timothy 6:10 ESV

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Matthew 19:21 ESV

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and...

Acts 2:44-45 ES

Acts 4:32-35 ESV

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV

1 Timothy 6:10 ESV

Matthew 19:21 ESV

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

2 Corinthians 8:13-15 ESV

For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness. As it is written, “Whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack.”

Luke 6:20-24 ESV

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. “Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. “Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets. “But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.

Isaiah 55:1-13 ESV

“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David. Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples. Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, because of the Lord your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.
  • eliosc sarah 2011/08/02 08:38:09
    eliosc
    +1
    I was waiting for a reply like this one. Since people who are loyal to communism are the first ones to put something in others heads even if they don't believe in something like that. Because if you believe in that part of the Bible, why you didn't like what I posted?

2014/11/24 20:28:34