Obama orders shredding of shell casings

BARRY0619 2012/02/04 16:39:08

This is dated in 2009 but many, myself included. never heard this...

PROOF THAT WE HAVE SOME IDIOTS IN WASHINGTON

This is totally crazy and it should make you want to slap the hell out of the idiots we have in Washington DC .

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of .223 Ammo in America . They
sell 9mm, ..45, .223 ammunition. They normally buy spent brass from the
US Department of Defense. Spent brass is "one time used" shell cases
used by our Military for training purposes.

They buy the brass, recondition it, and then reload the brass for resale
to Law Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores like Wal-Mart.
They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and
informed him that from now on the DoD will be destroying the spent
brass, shredding it. It will no longer be available to the ammo makers,
unless they buy it in a scrap shredded condition (which they have no use
for).

The shredded brass is now going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap
metal, after the DoD pays for it to be shredded. The DoD is selling the
brass to China for less money than the ammo makers have been paying,
plus the DoD has to pay to have the brass shredded and do the accounting
paperwork.

This sure helps the economy now doesn't it? Sell cheaper to China , and
do not sell at all to a proven US business. Any hidden agenda working
here? Obama going after the Firearms Industry and our ammunition!!

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors
had already purchased a load of brass last week. The DoD contacted him
this week and said they were sending someone over to make sure it was
destroyed. Shell cases he had already bought!

The brass has no value to the ammo maker if it is
destroyed/shredded/melted. The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty
brass cases to reload different calibers, mainly .223 bullets.

The owner of Georgia Arms says that he will have to lay off at least
half of his 60 workers, within 2-3 months if the DoD will no longer sell
spent brass cases to the industry. Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of
inventory to use, by summer they're out.

If the Reloading Industry has to purchase new manufacture brass cases,
then the cost of ammunition will double or even triple, plus Obama wants
to add a 500% tax on each shell.

You can read the information and see the DoD letter to Georgia Arms here:

The Shootist Site http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-...

If you're not outraged at what this administration is doing you should
be! Be Afraid! Be Very, Very Afraid! Get involved! It's Your Freedom and
Our Country They're Stealing! If You Fail to Act Now, there may not be a
Free United States tomorrow!

I implore you to get involved and forward this to as many people as you
can. Contact your legislators and put them on notice, We're fed up with
what's going on in the name of stimulating our economy!

• modernminuteman 2012/02/04 20:19:33
    modernminuteman
    +7
    this is two pronged for obama. he can hurt 2nd amendment lovers like me and at the same time he is helping the country he loves best china. i am dead serious when i say he has created more jobs in china then here in the good ole usa. what a punk!

• rpellefson 2012/06/09 21:40:04
    rpellefson
    +1
    I have looked at many of the posts here and have noted that many of you think Obama is an idiot. This is false, he and most of his liberal allies are very smart people. This is what makes them dangerous. To argue he is dumb makes it seem like he is not skilled in getting what he wants and makes it seem like it will not take much effort to spoil his plans. He did make a mistake though, he has tried to do more than he could successfully do in changing us to a socialist view point as a nation and his actions have backfired and hopefully cost him reelection. Everyone should remember however that even though he was extremely radical in his ideas, the media (Fox excluded) and the Democratic party (Both liberal and more moderate members) gave this man almost universal support indicating their true beliefs. Even naming Czars for various executive positions was designed (I believe) to denote a less negative feeling towards Communism by using words formally used exclusively by Communists. This attack on ammo prices that he did by this action is just one of many attacks that have been made on our constitution that he simply does not believe in. He is not trying to destroy this country but his vision if successful will change it so it has less freedom and more government control which for me and my beliefs would be a disaster. He is doing what he is doing knowing the effect but he is NOT stupid!
  • BlueMax372 2012/02/06 00:55:38
    BlueMax372
    +2
    This is all part of the 0v0mite agenda to destroy the United States. What more is it going to take to convince the idiot electorate that this simian Marxist needs to be removed from office immediately?
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2012/02/05 23:45:17
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    +2
    I heard about this a couple of years ago and it was reversed.
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2012/02/05 18:40:16
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    obama is after our freedom
  • mike 2012/02/05 11:50:33
    mike
    +1
    Do you really think we need more proof that we have idiots in washington?
  • Evan 2012/02/05 04:08:14
    Evan
    +1
    God f***ing damit.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/02/05 03:53:37
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/05 03:17:56
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Being Anti-Second Amendment IS Anti-American.
  • D Hanes 2012/02/05 01:23:14
    D Hanes
    +3
    Like I have been saying for a very long time.. the idiot in the White House is out to destroy America.. in every little way he can.. he is not American, and could care less as long as he brings this country to its knees...other than Soros, I do not know who is paying his bills... but it is not anyone who cares about this country... he cannot be trusted.. but the very stupid will vote for him again.. watch and see!
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/02/04 23:52:05
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +2
    They are idiots and MY state electeds IGNORE me. I've tried til I'm blue in the face and if they respond, it is with a generic letter that has nothing to do with what I contact them about!
  • 4dc 2012/02/04 23:23:16
    4dc
    +4
    business as usual for the libtards...we can't completely fix it in 2012, but we can damn sure improve it. let's get odumbo out of the white house...in fact let's kick him to the curb all the way back to chicago
  • Pete 2012/02/04 22:18:35 (edited)
    Pete
    +3
    I am sure that it has something to do with Georgia's courts trying the birther case, now the state is going to receive the wrath of HELL that oblama is going rain on them. Just watch!
    The man is a blethering idiot along with the other lib's that are running this country into the ground!
  • RED DAWN 2012/02/04 22:03:56
    RED DAWN
    +4
    If it takes this story to prove to you the SOB is stupid then maybe everyone needs a reality check.Smart people knew the bastard was dumb as a rock.
  • MadAsHEck 2012/02/04 21:34:20
    MadAsHEck
    +6
    This is old news, and actually never put into force.

We should be more concerned about the tons of M! rifles that he has plans to get rid of. When gun collectors would love to have them.

The M1 was the mainstay in WWII, and up until not too long ago. A historical weapon that should not be destroyed, but trtreasured.
  • Striker 2012/02/04 20:55:02
    Striker
    +6
    Of course, there is a method to the leftist madness!
  • modernminuteman 2012/02/04 20:19:33
    modernminuteman
    +7
  • angelbaby 2012/02/04 20:08:14
    angelbaby
    +4
    Thanks for sharing
    +7
    I know you've heard it before but here we go again, "you can't fix stupid but you can vote it out of office".
  • Striker none 2012/02/04 20:56:40
    Striker
    +3
    ... and for how many years and how many elections will that continue to satisfy?
  • D Hanes none 2012/02/05 01:24:29
    D Hanes
    +3
    .... or you can deport it.. or jail it...
  • Cindy64... D Hanes 2012/02/05 02:00:04
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    HELL YES !!
  • none D Hanes 2012/02/05 23:05:19
    +2
    Any of them will do.
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/02/04 17:28:31 (edited)
  • RTHTGak... FAWKES'... 2012/02/04 21:42:00
    RTHTGakaRoland
    +4
    Actually, the OP is closer to correct; and those cases are identical to .223 Remington except for case wall thickness, which also varies simply from manufacturer to manufacturer. They would have been perfectly reloadable by either commercial reloaders or private enthusiasts.

Lead is a chamber, not cartridge case dimension. Mil spec 5.56 chamber and SAAMI .223 chamber were actually identical until the SAW was adopted. In an effort to make this anemic cartridge an at least marginal squad machine gun round, case wall thickness was increased for durability and a heavier bullet with higher sectional density and ballistic coefficient for greater range was loaded in a new loading not a new cartridge. The new bullet is longer, thus some chambers are cut with a longer lead.
  • Frank FAWKES'... 2012/02/04 21:47:59
    Frank
    +2
    I like your analogy of ammunition and agree, but don't agree about more gun regulation. I doubt most of the politicians voting on gun control or laws of any kind have less of a clue than a boy scout. There are already hundreds of laws on the books about guns of which it takes a brain surgeon to decifer....
  • STEELAN... FAWKES'... 2012/02/04 22:08:08 (edited)
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +4
    No One Wants To Hear Your Sheer Ignorance!
    Serves you right for being stupid .223Rem. = 5.56 NATO. Cases are same 'reconditionable' dimentions. All dimentions are resized before use again. I AM well gunsmith trained.
  • RTHTGak... FAWKES'... 2012/02/05 00:29:44
    RTHTGakaRoland
    +4
    That is a shame that the OP has blocked you.

Even an Obama apologist like you, who hoped that no one with adequate knowledge to dispel your disinformation would come along on this news rather than shooting sports site, deserves the chance to admit their error and / or deception and apologize.

That is why you wanted to answer, right?

If not, the OP may be saving you greater embarrassment. You having already been corrected by a cartridge designer and a gunsmith.
  • Red Branch 2012/02/04 17:19:18
    Red Branch
    +4
    I would say TRAITORS.
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/04 17:32:55
    Roger47
    Who? Those who post lies like this on SH? You did not fall for it, did you?
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/05 04:21:37
    Red Branch
    +2
    His track record is better than obama's or the 3 fact check sites.
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/06 05:31:54
    Roger47
    Would you agree that this story is false?
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/07 04:56:19
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/07 07:03:31
    Roger47
    See my post two posts below, and follow the link if you choose. What we are talking about is that this was a stoppage that lasted one week, done to review the policy about selling off surplus property. The review was done to mke sure none of it would get into the wrong hands. After a week, sales of the cartridges resumed.In March 2009.
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/08 04:18:22
    Red Branch
    +1
    I read it and I even looked at Snopes.
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/08 06:25:49
    Roger47
    Good. Then you know this whole posting was a dishonest cheap shot.
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/08 15:14:28
    Red Branch
    +1
    No, It was not dishonest and cheap shot. There are many more issues and much more important issues coming out of his adminstration, he has established a pattern and the shell casings bit fit in with the rest of his agenda.
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/08 15:43:01
    Roger47
    I guess he is so bad truth has lost its relevance to you.
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/08 15:49:37
    Red Branch
    +1
    Do you have a point to make?
    Obama is a disaster for the well being of the US.

I would like the truth coming out of Obama's mouth. Leaders, lead best by example.
  • Roger47 Red Branch 2012/02/08 21:35:33
    Roger47
    My point is you believe he is a disaster because you automatically, unthinkingly believe everything bad about him that you hear, to the point that when you are shown that you were misled, you are unable to see it. If you could force yoursself to be more objective, you would be able to see hee is actually doing a pretty decent job.
  • Red Branch Roger47 2012/02/09 04:38:00
    Red Branch
    +1
    I am way ahead of what I am hearing. I don't need anyone to tell me what is going on. This little thing here may be the exception, but it is way down on the list of his misdeeds.

2014/08/30 00:31:52