Obama: Obamacare is constitutional, if the Supreme court disagrees the court is illegitimate. Agree?

Blackjack 2012/04/02 21:43:43

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/02/obama-c...

• Joe C Sr 2012/04/08 01:33:40
    no, explain
    Joe C Sr
    +1
    If the Supreme Court overturns the mandate all they are doing is their job of allowing the Constitution to be the living document it was meant to be to run our Country properly.l
  • Bob S 2012/04/05 17:38:14
    other, I think this
    Bob S
    +1
    No point in trying to make sense of an idiot that agrees with Obama. Since when is it feasible to take on the Supreme Court. You can disagree with them but there is nothing you can really. Stop prejudging the case.
  • no, explain
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    +3
    Because the supreme court does not need be intimated they have their own law and their own dignity and will go by the constitution not by someone demanding them to do it their way or they highway.
  • joe ramirez 2012/04/05 16:04:29 (edited)
    no, explain
    joe ramirez
    +3
    That is wishful thinking! Obama nation and the Democrats would love it so!
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/04/05 16:03:14
  • Howler 2012/04/05 15:59:14
    no, explain
    Howler
    +3
    The only activists on the SCOTUS are the three left-wing women and Breyer.

And those four are individually a disgrace IMO.

And that possibly makes them illegitimate members on a legitimate court.
  • Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/04/05 08:16:23
    no, explain
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +2
    Obama knows his signature piece of legislation is in trouble and the only thing he knows to do is the old Chicago thing, issue a verbal threat.

Interestingly enough, all of our elected, or appointed officials take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States (not the government, and not the country, but the Constitution), and some people on the Supreme Court are the only ones that do, it seems.

Deciding a law is unconstitutional is hardly "unprecedented", and is not an "extraordinary step". President Obama knows this, as he is a Constitutional Law professor. His problem is he does not like the Constitution and thinks it is flawed. Which makes me wonder how he was able to take his oath of office in the first place.

ObamaCare is an unprecedented power grab, and is an extraordinary step in changing the relationship between the federal government and the citizens, and therefore will be found unconstitutional, and the whole 2700 page law will be thrown out.
  • Shayes ™ 2012/04/04 19:23:19
    no, explain
    Shayes ™
    +4
    LOL! I suspect you don't know the function of the Supreme Court nor the reason why we have 3 branches of government. Do me a favor....by noon time on Friday I want you to write a detailed, 3 page, single spaced report explaning the role of the 3 branches of government.
  • HOMBRE Shayes ™ 2012/04/04 19:26:47
    HOMBRE
    +2
    LOL. Hope its not in crayons;-]
  • Shayes ™ HOMBRE 2012/04/04 19:48:43
    Shayes ™
    +2
    LOL, Nice!
  • Sport_G... Shayes ™ 2012/04/05 16:05:33
    Sport_Geoff
    +3
    Come on, cut him some slack and at least let him double sapce with an 18 font so as to not tax his brain too much trying to explain what he doesnt understand.......
  • Shayes ™ Sport_G... 2012/04/05 16:08:27
    Shayes ™
    +2
    LOL! Fine, but only because you asked.
  • Sport_G... Shayes ™ 2012/04/05 16:10:19
    Sport_Geoff
    +2
    It's almost Easter so I just thought in the spirit of kindness you should......

happy easter
  • Shayes ™ Sport_G... 2012/04/05 16:12:09
    Shayes ™
    +2
    Aww! Thanks! Happy Easter to you as well.
  • Louis Contreras 2012/04/04 00:17:53
    no, explain
    Louis Contreras
    +2
    It is the proper duty of the Court to decide the constitutionality of the laws passed by Congress and signed by the President.
  • Louis Shipman 2012/04/03 23:46:20
    no, explain
    Louis Shipman
    +2
    If the court strikes down Obamacare it is doing what was created to do under the constitution. And Obama as a constitutional law proffer should understand that.

But he calls the court illegitimate because they were not elected. So what then gives legitimacy to his czars and other appiontties who are making regulations and laws that are not elected by the people.
  • HOMBRE 2012/04/03 21:44:11
    no, explain
    HOMBRE
    +3
    F--king little Hitler ya think?
  • LarryFine 2012/04/03 13:46:37
    no, explain
    LarryFine
    +3
    First, anybody voting yes on this one should just pack there bags and move to the communist country of your choice. Because your willing to give up any and all rights you have now.

Obama is hell bent on having complete control over all decisions coming out of Washington. This makes him a very dangerous man.
  • gr8punkin 2012/04/03 13:45:40
    no, explain
    gr8punkin
    +3
    He can't rule by mandate on this one. The SCOTUS trumps the POTUS in matters of law.
  • JP 2012/04/03 13:23:28
    no, explain
    JP
    +2
    Ginsburg is illegitimate no matter what the vote turns out to be. When they strike down the law that allows government to assume any role no matter how big or trivial maybe we can focus on a bipartisan bill that keeps preventive care coverage for all of us and allows competition in the health care market.
  • Brad # 2486547 2012/04/03 13:11:40
    no, explain
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    What makes you think it is constitutional? So if congress can force me to buy insurance or provide insurance, then can congress force me to buy a Chevy Volt or Solar Panels?

How in the world can you think it's constitutional?
  • D D 2012/04/03 12:51:03
    other, I think this
    D D
    +3
    It would mean they are not upholding the constitution like they are suppose to do. If they do not rule against it, it will be a very bad thing for America because it would show us that for sure the constitution doesn't mean dick anymore. I will know America is definitely gone.
  • Someone... D D 2012/04/03 13:22:22
    Someone Else
    +1
    That could open the door to open season on the Liberals though. I'm just saying
  • Cliff 2012/04/03 12:29:03
    no, explain
    Cliff
    +2
    The jackass is about to get his boney ass spanked and will throw a temper tantrum. Keep it up jackass.
  • Maynard 2012/04/03 12:18:59
    other, I think this
    Maynard
    +3
    Hell care will GO DOWN.

The left will not listen, the media will print what the dictator wants.

THEN?

The stage is set for the BIRTH CERTIFICATE ISSUE, the second item that will be ignored.

THEN?

You got it, item 3 to be ignored, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

You got it,

Do you feel we are being pushed that way?
  • DM Twin 2012/04/03 12:01:03
    no, explain
    DM Twin
    +2
    The only thing that is Illegitimate is Obama's Presidency...I cannot wait for his records to be un-sealed and his trial for treason .
  • Don 2012/04/03 11:02:07
    no, explain
    Don
    +3
    Everyone knows this is classical liberal over reach. It's what democraps do.
    It's a power and money grab, and it's unconstitutional.
    Barry should stop believing his own BS. He's not a king even though he thinks he is in his own delusional liberal mind.
  • Old Timer 2012/04/03 10:43:08
    no, explain
    Old Timer
    +3
    AROGANT SOB!! If you don't AGREE WITH ME your RACIST, BIAST, NOT PATRIOTIC, BUSH, 1%, REPUBLICAN RADICAL TEA PARTIST. There must be more, but those come to immediate front.
  • 2012 Obama 2012/04/03 09:33:59
    other, I think this
    2012 Obama
    +1
    The Founding fathers could not even decide among themselves how the constitution should be interpreted which is why they allowed for amendments and a Supreme Court.

The Constitution was never meant to be written in stone and was intentionally designed by the FF to be a general outline to be interpreted by WE THE PEOPLE through our voting process.

We elect the congress and president based on a majority rule and the Supreme court is appointed by the Presidents after a thorough vetting process by congress, the media, and the people of the US. These positions are for life.

The SC Judges are picked from the Federal judges generally and have many years of experience and education in constitutional law.

Judges are still people and still fallible and prone to making decisions based on political or personal opinions so we have 9 SC judges to minimize that bias from influencing a majority decision.

SC judges are under constant scrutiny and if they show a bias or political agenda in their actions they can be recused from a case or even impeached if convicted in a Senate trial as happened with Samuel Chase.

Through history we have had left and right leaning SC courts and that has influenced decisions of the courts findings to please a certain agenda but for the most part our history...

Through history we have had left and right leaning SC courts and that has influenced decisions of the courts findings to please a certain agenda but for the most part our history shows a fairly balanced system that follows the constitution as it is interpreted by the people at the time the decision was made.

Obamacare is a tough issue that has never been addressed before and while there are precedents both for and against the mandate it will be up to the SC to determine if allowing the law to stand or fail will do more damage than good.

This is not a black or white issue and I think it will be based on how the SC sees it effecting the future powers of congress to make laws and the need for changes to a health care system that has not worked for many people of the country creating a system of discrimination.

I believe the law should stand but the SC may severe the mandate and let the rest of the law stand. I do not believe they will throw out the entire law because of the mandate.
  • AL 2012/04/03 08:52:25
    no, explain
    AL
    +3
    Obamas just crying over his own spilled Milk now is all!
  • DavE 2012/04/03 06:43:15
    no, explain
    DavE
    +3
    The only things illegitimate are Obama and Obamacare.
    The things Obama said today were despicable and not worthy of the office of the President of the USA.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/04/03 06:38:48
    no, explain
    TheTruth1313
    +3
    Obama is a lying, socialist traitor piece of garbage and obama care is pure, unconstitutional garbage of a policy that needs to be repealed with extreme prejudice.
  • Ramon 2012/04/03 06:35:30
    no, explain
    Ramon
    +2
    And what do you base your decision on? All of your years as a Judge? From what I know about it it isn't constitutional. How can the US make everyone buy a product (health insurance)? It isn't even based on any action like for buying a car you need to have car insurance or house insurance for a house. Every citizen would need to buy it just because they exist. That's not Constitutional....show me where it gives the government that power.
    yes, explain
    Not only has the SCOTUS been bought and paid for but the proof is in the last four major decisions on basic civil rights. One released today on strip searches and of course Citizens United case.

If they declare this unconstitutional then we KNOW for sure they have been bought and paid for by the special corporate insterest.

With that said, we can no longer trust the government to protect our basic civil rights and it is time to remove the Gang of Five from their positions on the SCOTUS>
  • AL sjalan 2012/04/03 08:55:25
    AL
    +4
    WOW! I guess you forgot all about Obama's own corn Husker Kick back to pass his Obama care then right?
  • Defend ... sjalan 2012/04/03 12:20:00
    Defend Western Civlization
    +3
    ah i see the truth hurts to bad when the FASCIST obamacare is deemed unconstitutional
    Americans will cheer and laugh as obama is defeated
  • airplanespaceship 2012/04/03 05:11:33
  • JanHopkins 2012/04/03 04:53:29
    no, explain
    JanHopkins
    +5
    The Supreme court exsists for just such a situation. It is their job to get rid of unconstitutional laws. I await their informed decision.
    no, explain
    +3
    I don't want to president set that I must eat a certain food and not another. I don't want more government in my life--I want less!
  • The Mosher 2012/04/03 04:22:04
    other, I think this
    The Mosher
    I think its constitutional but them illegitimate idk about that. I think Citizens United being ruled constitutional is what should be brought up

2014/08/20 10:49:31