Obama names counter-terror chief Brennan drone assassination czar
The MSM is not reporting this. We could only find one report on Russia’s English-language propaganda network RT.com and this via Who will drones target? Who in the US will decide? – Boston.com.
WASHINGTON—White House counterterror chief John Brennan has seized the lead in choosing which terrorists will be targeted for drone attacks or raids, establishing a new procedure for both military and CIA targets.
The effort concentrates power over the use of lethal U.S. force outside war zones within one small team at the White House.
The process, which is about a month old, means Brennan’s staff consults with the State Department and other agencies as to who should go on the target list, making the Pentagon’s role less relevant, according to two current and three former U.S. officials aware of the evolution in how the government goes after terrorists.
In describing Brennan’s arrangement to The Associated Press, the officials provided the first detailed description of the military’s previous review process that set a schedule for killing or capturing terror leaders around the Arab world and beyond. They spoke on condition of anonymity because U.S. officials are not allowed to publicly describe the classified targeting program.
Who are all these anonymous people who talk regularly to AP?
Anyway, as we noted before we now have a situation where a few folks can determine who is a terrorist, can detain them indefinitely without telling them why even if they are American citizens on U.S. soil, and can give the green light on killing them by drone attack. With 30,000 drones, some armed, soon to be flying over the U.S., spying on citizens non-stop, how long before the first citizen is killed by drone on U.S. soil?
Anyway, back to the blundering – but Arabic speaking – Brennan:
- Brennan: We are not at war with Islamic Jihadists
- Brennan bolts when asked about jihad (video)
- Brennan Defends Jihad as ‘Legitimate Tenet of Islam’
- John Brennan: Witless for the defense
- National security nightmare: John Brennan and the notorious flying imam
- Brennan: Give Hezbollah more power
- Obama’s counterterrorism czar John Brennan: “They are not jihadists, for jihad is a holy struggle”
- The Strange Case of John Brennan
- White House admits national intelligence chief Brennan clueless on UK terror arrests
We should all be fearful that Obama has named an Assassination Czar and worse, that he has named John Brennan to the post. Jihadists, however, are likely cheering.
News & Politics