Obama lifts freeze on 192 million dollars to PLO! What say you now??

Space Invader 2012/04/28 01:44:19

Obama lifts freeze on $192 million aid package to Palestinian Authority

Funding
serves ‘security interests of the US,’ says president. Congress blocked
it after Abbas’s bid for UN recognition of ‘Palestine’

By and
April 27, 2012, 10:34 pm
274

US President Barack Obama (photo credit: Susan Walsh/AP)

President Barack Obama has lifted a ban on financial aid to the Palestinian Authority.

Obama stated that the aid was “important to the security interests of the United States.”

The US Congress froze a $192 million aid
package to the Palestinian Authority after its president, Mahmoud Abbas,
defied US pressure and sought to attain UN endorsement of Palestinian
statehood last September. The presidential waiver means that aid can now
be delivered.

The unilateral statehood gambit was strongly
opposed by Israel, which said Abbas was seeking to avoid negotiating the
necessary compromises and modalities of statehood with Israel. The US
indicated it would veto a resolution in the Security Council seeking
unilateral recognition of “Palestine,” but the issue has not come to a
vote, because the Palestinians were unable to obtain sufficient support
in the Security Council. They may yet seek a non-binding endorsement of
statehood in the UN General Assembly.

Section 3 of Congress’s Palestinian
Accountability Act, which applies to 2012, stipulates that “no funds
available to any United States Government department or agency … may be
obligated or expended with respect to providing funds to the Palestinian
Authority.” Obama has now signed a waiver, however, the White House
said Friday, and asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to inform
Congress accordingly.

The AFP news agency quoted White House
spokesman Tommy Vietor as saying the $192 million aid package would be
devoted to “ensuring the continued viability of the moderate PA
government under the leadership of [Palestinian Authority] President
Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad.”

Vietor added that the PA had fulfilled its
major obligations, such as recognizing Israel’s right to exist,
renouncing violence and accepting the Road Map for Peace.

Earlier in April, the Middle East peacemaking “Quartet” expressed concern about the “increasing fragility” of the Palestinian Authority,
which requires $1.1 billion in financial aid. A statement on behalf of
the Quartet called on the two sides to work together to improve
Palestinian governance and expand economic opportunities for the
Palestinian people.

• Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/29 03:17:36
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +16
    OMG.....I cannot print what I want to say but I will try to clean it up..... this is clearly a treason charge of aiding and abetting the enemy by our "command-in-Chief". Sorry but I do believe that we are their sworn enemy as it has been mentioned on many of occasions by them and it is his responsibility to protect us.

• Gregaj7 2012/04/30 02:55:43
    Don't care. I'm not a "friend" of either.
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/04/30 01:49:36
    Obama; friend to Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas
    Charles R. Anderson
    We already knew that Obama was no friend of Israel, so I did not choose that answer. Virtually anyone who is not a friend of the USA is a friend of Obama's.
  • TerryAgee 2012/04/29 20:17:44
    TerryAgee
    Why is everything about Israel? Please, explain?
  • Space I... TerryAgee 2012/04/29 20:49:53
    Space Invader
    +2
    the man in office has a hate for Israel...and it's got to the point where he doesn't care anymore if anyone knows it or not...
  • Red Branch TerryAgee 2012/04/30 01:40:07
    Red Branch
    Why are you an old fashioned Jew Hater?
  • Space I... Red Branch 2012/04/30 14:33:15
    Space Invader
    look at my profile whistle; and you'll see how stupid a statement you just made
  • Red Branch Space I... 2012/04/30 14:35:20
    Red Branch
    If you are referring to my question of an old fashioned Jew Hater, it was addressed to TerryAgee.
    It is SH's screwed up system that placed it below one of your comments.
  • Space I... Red Branch 2012/04/30 20:09:38
    Space Invader
    sorry; I screwed up..AS USUAL!! screwed
  • TerryAgee Red Branch 2012/04/30 19:41:17
    TerryAgee
    I am not offended and neither I am concerned. This not the positive feedback I had imagined. Please, allow another to inspire great enthusiasm for Israel. Yay or nay?
  • Red Branch TerryAgee 2012/04/30 19:46:50
    Red Branch
    You mean you actually wanted feedback? It seems as though your mind was made up and it was full of hatred for the Jews and Israel.

I didn't ask if you were offended unless, I am the one that offended you.

When you say that you are not concerned, you are lying or you would not have entered this discussion to claim that Israel being the center of the world.
  • TerryAgee Red Branch 2012/04/30 20:03:53
    TerryAgee
    You are the liar! I made no such claim. My claim is that America is the center of the world. If the Prez wants to lift the freeze on the PLO, he can do that. What gives the right to question America's foreign policy decisions?
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/29 20:00:37
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Not the first time. http://www.thenewamerican.com...
    Hillary said that Hamas would have to agree to not buy weapons or commit violence the last time they gave them money.
  • JessyBear 2012/04/29 16:33:50
    And now we know who is NOT the friend of Israel
    JessyBear
    +2
    We all know what Obama is about. We should all vote this man out of office.
  • SunShine 2012/04/29 13:59:18
    SunShine
    +2
    who could expect anything else with this slime ball.. sneak in this and sneak in that and do this behind closed doors and do that by executive order .. security interests?? my butt..
    Ask him why he sent William Ayers and his wife over there to instruct the Palestinians on insurrection and OWS tactics.. ?? huh?
  • shadow76 2012/04/29 08:02:22
    shadow76
    +4
    He is just making it odvious what we have already known, Why is he doing it now before the election?
  • MrsJJS 2012/04/29 07:23:28
    MrsJJS
    +4
    Keeping the War Machine Going...should be his campaign slogan.
  • Dagon 2012/04/29 04:45:00
  • Space I... Dagon 2012/04/29 10:29:33
    Space Invader
    +4
    Hamas Hamas Hamas....
  • Dagon Space I... 2012/04/29 15:06:03
    +8
    Aiding and abetting terror activity ..
    By his own hands/choices .. admits where his loyalties lie ..
    Now again .. I ask the question ..
    why isn't this stopped? (and charges filed?)
  • Red Branch 2012/04/29 03:47:15
    Red Branch
    +8
    Obama is a friend to Islamic terrs and he hates Israel.

The $192 million is pocket change in the grand scheme of things. I believe we are sending somewhere between $1.5 billion and $2 billion to the Paleos a year.

The Constitution does not allow him to do that, not that he cares. If Congress doesn't approve the expenditure, it doesn't happen. This is another impeachable offense, not that anyone cares.
  • SunShine Red Branch 2012/04/29 04:26:47
    SunShine
    +7
    ya think my friend?? just how much does he think he can get away with anyway... he just keeps pushing the line..
  • Space I... SunShine 2012/04/29 10:30:34
    Space Invader
    +3
    when we have the weak sisters in the GOP..we can get away with anything.....cowards on the right; letting the country slip away into tyranny..
  • SunShine Space I... 2012/04/29 13:47:38
    SunShine
    +3
    can't disagree with you there, but it's difficult for them to do anything when the senate is under dem. control. I am sick of both parties.. that must be why I am an Independent..
  • Red Branch SunShine 2012/04/30 01:07:42
    Red Branch
    +2
    So far he has gotten by with everything, because neither the Congress nor the Courts will stand up to him.
  • SunShine Red Branch 2012/04/30 05:37:14
    SunShine
    +2
    the libs have filled the courts with liberal judges.. bad..
  • Jack Sprat 2012/04/29 03:44:05
    Jack Sprat
    +6
    "Vietor added that the PA had fulfilled its
    renouncing violence and accepting the Road Map for Peace."

This would be news to the PA, who has skirted around this fact since they rejected the Oslo Accords kept in the Israeli offers.

"I will Bless them that Bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee", looks like Bo is in for some serious crap about to decend on his muslim "head".

I wouldn't want to be standing in his shoes, ever again..........

ו שַׁאֲלוּ, שְׁלוֹם יְרוּשָׁלִָם; יִשְׁלָיוּ, אֹהֲבָיִךְ.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; may they prosper that love thee.

obama cursed by god
  • Chi~Cat 2012/04/29 03:26:16
    Chi~Cat
    +10
    What took so long, eh? Hell, let's just give them our technology, weaponry, here take

fort knox even better just fork over our country. WTF?

Go ahead, it's a FREAKIN Free for All for this Bogus Fraud Commie BS POTUS and ITs Administration.

Oblunder living the high life, puppet, Destroyer, MUST GO. AND if the libbie/demos can't see this obvious chit, they must really be smoking Oblunder's hydro.
  • Red Branch Chi~Cat 2012/04/29 03:48:43
    Red Branch
    +6
    He may try, but those Islamic terrs are like scared little boys when they think of the politically incorrect American and their firearms.
  • Chi~Cat Red Branch 2012/04/29 04:39:17
    Chi~Cat
    +6
    This I know, JS. oh, yeah....

Not one iota of compunction in my fiber. ; )
  • Red Branch Chi~Cat 2012/04/30 14:24:50
    Red Branch
    +1
    That's one of the things I admire about you.
  • Rodney 2012/04/29 03:23:40
    Rodney
    +11
    Well, he usurps his authority here and I have to wonder IF he has denied funds to the UN for the PLO as well. How many laws does he get to violate before someone with the testicular fortitude stands up and brings charges? Okay, some may be asking what I am talking about.
    Public Law 101-246, enacted in 1990, provides, “No funds authorized to be appropriated by this Act or any other Act shall be available for the United Nations or any specialized agency thereof which accords the Palestine Liberation Organization the same standing as member states.” Moreover, Public Law 103-236, enacted in 1994, prohibits “voluntary or assessed contribution to any affiliated organization of the United Nations which grants full membership as a state to any organization or group that does not have the internationally recognized attributes of statehood.”

November 1, 2011
    Defying international law and negotiated peace agreements between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has unilaterally recognized the Palestinian Authority as a full member “state.”

UNESCO, a United Nations (U.N.) agency, has now become a co-conspirator in the terrorist-led Palestinian Authority’s attempt to circumvent the Middle East peace process in...

November 1, 2011

UNESCO, a United Nations (U.N.) agency, has now become a co-conspirator in the terrorist-led Palestinian Authority’s attempt to circumvent the Middle East peace process in order to gain unilateral recognition of statehood. This act of defiance has real consequences, both for UNESCO and for some American corporations.

UNESCO has in effect forced the U.S.’s hand to defund the 22% of the organization’s budget (roughly $80 million) that the U.S. contributes annually. Federal law prohibits taxpayer dollars from being used to fund any U.N. agency that recognizes the Palestinian Authority as a state.
  • SunShine Rodney 2012/04/29 04:30:51
    SunShine
    +6
    great comment Rod.. it's just amazing.. what else can we say? It's like a movie and every act we get a new scenario of abuse and corruption..
  • Rodney SunShine 2012/04/29 04:34:25
    Rodney
    +6
    Well, every stone I turn over has a stink bug under it. hehe
  • Chi~Cat Rodney 2012/04/29 04:40:39 (edited)
    Chi~Cat
    +9
    slug Got salt?
  • Rodney Chi~Cat 2012/04/29 04:44:29
    Rodney
    +5
    LOL, well a few slugs too. hahaha
  • Chi~Cat Rodney 2012/04/29 04:40:02
    Chi~Cat
    +6
    Treason.
  • Rodney Chi~Cat 2012/04/29 04:45:22
    Rodney
    +5
    We all thought Bubba Clinton was guilty as sin, he is an angel compared to Barry.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/29 03:17:36
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +16
  • Chi~Cat Charu ∞... 2012/04/29 04:41:31
    Chi~Cat
    +5
    Got that right, Nana.

2014/11/01 00:34:48