Obama Launches Campaign in Empty Arena. Where are all the Obamunists?

KCurtis 2012/05/06 14:31:09

Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular
fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the
crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter
by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams
reveals sparse attendance. The above image, according to Williams, was
taken during the President's first official campaign speech.

spokesmannbspryan williams revealsnbspsparsenbspattendance nbspthe image williams presidents official campaign speech

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof. According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people. Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/05...

• darcie lamar 2012/05/06 14:38:37
    Even Students are smarter than that
    darcie lamar
    +35
    I hope our young citizens will vote smarter than Obama. College graduates are unemployed in record numbers due to Obama's policies. Blacks are unemployed in record numbers too. These groups need to wake up and vote for a strong economy that allows them to prosper. if you voted for obama in 2008 to prove you are not racist

• Marvelous Wildfire 2012/05/06 23:09:26
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +4
    The missing recognized ever valid point Obama could possibly make: NONE!
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2012/05/06 23:08:06
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +7
    not quite the rock star he used to be... lmao
  • nofrills ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/05/07 01:49:15
    nofrills
    he has lost his 'rock and star' what a crying shame..it work so well and all that lustre has gone up in the air!
  • Georgia50 2012/05/06 22:50:06
    There was an OWS rally across the street?
    Georgia50
    +1
    I realize there are undecideds out there, and this is completely subjective on my part, but this election season doesn't have that "gee who will I vote for?" feel to it. Obama is polarizing--you're either going to vote for him or against him. Supporters who know their decision now have little reason to hit the big venues for either Obama or Romney.
  • big T 2012/05/06 22:40:00 (edited)
    big T
    +1
    lmao amazing the people are groing braines and not giving a damn abooout what they liar says.
  • Radlad 2012/05/06 21:54:47
    Even Students are smarter than that
    Radlad
    +6
    Well, I'm glad that abc snooze er news is showing the right outlook. The stadium was half empty. Not half full. Could be folks finial woke up......
  • John BNO 2012/05/06 21:51:21
    John BNO
    I checked out the actual rally footage in Ohio and Virginia and I'm not sure that I would agree that a crowd of 14,000 people in Ohio was an empty arena. I think it's maximum capacity is around 20,000 and the crowd in Virginia was 8,000 which was the maximum capacity for that venue. Just an observation. Buy looking at the people on the floor in front of the podium, it appears that your picture was taken during the first 30 minutes of the rally. The President didn't enter for another hour. Just trying to straighten out a bent line.
  • KCurtis John BNO 2012/05/06 22:09:23
    KCurtis
    +4
    Just read the story. It states that picture was taken at the start of Obama's speech. Nice Spin though.
  • kaZappoo KCurtis 2012/05/06 23:14:15
    kaZappoo
    +6
    and the obamabots keep trying to distort the realities for their idol ....
  • nofrills kaZappoo 2012/05/07 02:07:37
    nofrills
    +2
    obama's(mouchelleincl) are now begging for '$3.00' on their ofa site...and this spells of financial trouble ...that's long way to the BILLION campaign money as he said he would have.
  • kaZappoo nofrills 2012/05/07 02:38:05
    kaZappoo
    +4
    I though he had a 1 billion war chest for his campaing ...now with 6 mos to go ?
    maybe there is a god ,,,,and maybe to our salvation .....let us pray ...!
    BOO ..HOO ...
  • Unusual... KCurtis 2012/05/06 23:21:56
    UnusualSuspect
    Considering his appearance wasn't announced until the day before, he did pretty much end up filling the auditorium.
  • KCurtis Unusual... 2012/05/06 23:40:33
    KCurtis
    +4
    Sure ok keep telling yourself that.
  • nofrills Unusual... 2012/05/07 02:09:14
    nofrills
    +2
    guess you still sipping the 'purple koolaid'? hey this is a free country you can sip,smoke and believe anything you want...not necess.u might get it..
  • John BNO KCurtis 2012/05/07 00:14:56
    John BNO
    Yea, if the picture had been taken 30 minutes earlier the gates would have just opened and there would have been only a hand full of people present.
  • KCurtis John BNO 2012/05/07 00:50:32
    KCurtis
    +1
    But it wasn't
  • John BNO KCurtis 2012/05/07 00:55:19
    John BNO
    My point was that depending on when the photo was taken it could show significantly different images. If you look at the footage from when Mr. Obama was speaking you will see a venue that is 70% full, not empty as this post wants people to believe.
  • Jackie John BNO 2012/05/07 03:32:40
    Jackie
    +2
    Actually, only 70% of a venue being filled, especially in swing state, when a sitting President announces his "official" run for re-election and ONLY being filled to 70% of capacity, IS pretty telling that the writing is on the wall for that sitting President(Obama). Where ARE all these crowds of people now, who blindly supported Obama during his 2008 campaign??
  • John BNO Jackie 2012/05/08 02:14:46
    John BNO
    With only 24 hours of advanced notice, I think the crowd was pretty decent personally. But that's just my opinion. My original point was that the original photo that was posted as part of this post was tremendously misleading.
  • KCurtis John BNO 2012/05/08 11:02:54
    KCurtis
    Except it was a week's notice not 24 hours.
  • John BNO KCurtis 2012/05/08 16:30:20
    John BNO
    A week is still short notice for any venue appearance and my point still stands that a picture taken an hour an a half before President Obama was scheduled to appear slants the story considerably.
  • KCurtis John BNO 2012/05/08 22:38:27
    KCurtis
    Still haven't read the story eh?
  • Unusual... John BNO 2012/05/06 23:19:43
    UnusualSuspect
    Agreed...a lot more than half full...
  • KCurtis Unusual... 2012/05/06 23:40:49
    KCurtis
    +3
    At least 10% LMAO
  • John BNO KCurtis 2012/05/07 00:16:13
    John BNO
    Actually it would have been 20% more for a grand total of 70% full.
  • Jackie John BNO 2012/05/07 04:22:42
    Jackie
    +1
    So, NOW according to the Left a 70% capacity filled stadium for a sitting President to launch his "official" re-election campaign is a POSITIVE because it was more than "half full"??? Is that the same Liberal mentality that an over 8% UR is a Positive for our Country because it's an UR under Obama? You lib's were bitching and moaning when our UR, after 9/11, was under 5% and then continued to bitch and moan when it rose to 7% ONLY when GWB was essentially a lame duck President AFTER the Dem's(Pelosi and Reid) took control of the House and Senate in 2007 after the 2006 mid-term elections, but again blamed the rising UR on Bush, and STILL do 4 years later?? Obama had the SUPER Majority from Jan of 2009 til Jan 2011 to do whatever the F he and the House and Senate wanted to do to pass Bills that would ACTUALLY help our Country back on the road to an economic recovery in our country that would stimulate our economy across the board...nope, instead Obama, Reid and Pelosi where more focused on RAMMING "free" HC on the American people who OVERWHELMING rejected Obama's version of HC "reform". You people on the left just don't seem to get it, that nothing the government provides, even though touting it as "free"... is never FREE. I'm raising my kids to be hard working Americans and to...
    So, NOW according to the Left a 70% capacity filled stadium for a sitting President to launch his "official" re-election campaign is a POSITIVE because it was more than "half full"??? Is that the same Liberal mentality that an over 8% UR is a Positive for our Country because it's an UR under Obama? You lib's were bitching and moaning when our UR, after 9/11, was under 5% and then continued to bitch and moan when it rose to 7% ONLY when GWB was essentially a lame duck President AFTER the Dem's(Pelosi and Reid) took control of the House and Senate in 2007 after the 2006 mid-term elections, but again blamed the rising UR on Bush, and STILL do 4 years later?? Obama had the SUPER Majority from Jan of 2009 til Jan 2011 to do whatever the F he and the House and Senate wanted to do to pass Bills that would ACTUALLY help our Country back on the road to an economic recovery in our country that would stimulate our economy across the board...nope, instead Obama, Reid and Pelosi where more focused on RAMMING "free" HC on the American people who OVERWHELMING rejected Obama's version of HC "reform". You people on the left just don't seem to get it, that nothing the government provides, even though touting it as "free"... is never FREE. I'm raising my kids to be hard working Americans and to NEVER expect something for nothing or a "free" ride from anyone, instilling in my children that with good grades and hard work and passion, they can achieve THEIR American Dream. Needless to say, it pisses me off that Obama and his liberal comrades are ENCOURAGING young people to one day have the life of "Julia", who DEPENDS on the Government from her cradle to her grave!???
  • John BNO Jackie 2012/05/09 14:31:27
    John BNO
    I have five adult children who have all learned well, the importance of education and work ethics. Over the last four years each of the children have had a change in their jobs but all for the good, full time with loads of basic benefits. But that has nothing to do with my original point.
    My original point was that the picture that was posted as well as the post itself was very misleading. If someone wants to challenge Obama or Romney or Paul, they should do it with accuracy. That leads to authenticity. If you make posts that are obviously inaccurate then no one will believe anything you write in the future.
  • boneman1 2012/05/06 21:24:57
    boneman1
    +3
    We can only hope the last 3 1/2 years have opened their eyes and they realize just how unqualified Obama is to be President.
  • "OG" 2012/05/06 21:05:58
    "OG"
    +4
    Imagine that. Empty as the suit is.
  • Cyan9 2012/05/06 20:39:43
    They are out looking for Hope and Change
    Cyan9
    This article is not only idiotic but an outright lie. I'm an active member of the Democratic party in my college that happens to be in Ohio and I can tell you that stadium was not empty. I have several friends who went there and their pictures show it certainly was not empty.
  • KCurtis Cyan9 2012/05/06 20:59:01
    KCurtis
    +4
    14k in a 20k stadium is not overflowing dude.
  • Cyan9 KCurtis 2012/05/06 21:25:19
    Cyan9
    When was the last 14k+ rally that Romney attended?
  • KCurtis Cyan9 2012/05/06 22:11:52
    KCurtis
    +2
    Google Romney draws huge crowds to find the stories from yesterday.
  • Cyan9 KCurtis 2012/05/06 22:32:38
  • kaZappoo Cyan9 2012/05/06 23:19:33
    kaZappoo
    +2
    purley propaganda ......oh you dont like hearing that word do you ,,,but ya can say it ...
  • sbtbill KCurtis 2012/05/07 02:08:25
    sbtbill
    But most of them are protesting him sending their jobs overseas.
  • Blinky Cyan9 2012/05/06 21:15:08
  • kaZappoo Cyan9 2012/05/06 23:17:45
    kaZappoo
    +2
    and the obamabots keep trying to distort the realities for their idol

not the mass crowds he had ,,,,is he loosing it / YESS he is ...

then the OWS is just much of a joke as the instigator & thief of them ,,,him & soros ....

then I'm not romney supporter ,,but ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN OBUNGHOLE !
  • Todd~AFCL Cyan9 2012/05/07 02:01:51
    Todd~AFCL
    +1
    14,000 in an arena that holds 20,000 is pretty darn close to HALF empty in my book. If you actually read the article, you would know it says HALF empty. As far as lies go, though, how is it that you say your college is in Ohio when your profile says you are in Connecticut? If you really knew what a lie was.... You would be a conservative by now!
    The point of the matter is that 0bama has lost so much of his popularity that most of us, at least here in Ohio, do not want to hear his lies!
  • Cyan9 Todd~AFCL 2012/05/07 02:04:04
    Cyan9
    Probably because I made this account during the summer. 14,000 is still several fold larger than Romney's largest rally.

2014/08/30 14:30:53