Obama Ignores the Will of the People as Expressed by Their Elected Representatives and Implements Most Elements of the Dream Act by Executive Fiat!

Ken 2012/06/15 22:34:39
U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8:
The Congress shall have Power To. . . establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization. . .

Obama gives young illegal aliens de facto amnesty, say critics

Law Enforcement Examiner

While practicing the fine art of "linguistic gymnastics," the
Obama administration on Friday blessed an estimated 800,000 young,
illegal aliens with a bite of the amnesty apple, according to critics of President Barack Obama's immigration enforcement record.

In an announcement sure to create controversy and anger many
Americans, President Obama on Friday announced that effective
immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States
as young children, do not present a risk to national security or public safety,
and meet several key criteria will be considered for "relief from
removal from the country or from entering into removal proceedings."

Speaking from the White House Rose Garden, President Obama told reporters that who
demonstrate that they meet his administration's criteria will be
eligible to receive deferred action for a period of two years, subject
to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.

Obama was careful to add that the Department of Homeland Security
will continue to focus its enforcement resources on the removal of
individuals who pose a national security or public safety risk,
including "immigrants convicted of crimes, violent criminals, felons,
and repeat immigration law offenders."

He claimed today’s action further enhances the DHS ability to focus
on these priority removals. However, many lawmakers and observers have
said President Obama is bypassing the U.S. Congress.

"Had any other president done this, the news media and the U.S.
Congress would be shouting from the rafters about abuse of power by the
executive branch of the government," said Mike Baker, a political
strategist.

Under this directive, individuals who demonstrate that they meet the
following criteria will be eligible for an exercise of discretion,
specifically deferred action, on a case-by-case basis if they: came
to the United States under the age of sixteen; have continuously resided
in the United States for a least five years preceding the date of this
memorandum and are present in the United States on the date of this
memorandum; are currently in school, have graduated from high school,
have obtained a general education development certificate, or are
honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the
United States; have not been convicted of a felony offense, a
significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or
otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; are not
above the age of thirty.

Obama's announcement today comes just one week before
he's scheduled to address a large Latino audience, a constituency he
requires to win re-election.

During his Rose Garden announcement, Obama promised that only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action.

. . . .

Comment: Inasmuch as it is Congress, not the President,
that has the power under the Constitution to establish "a uniform rule
of naturalization," and inasmuch as Congress has voted against President
Obama's "Dream Act," will someone explain to me how it is that the
president can override the decision of the peoples' representatives and
implement almost every element of the Dream Act by executive fiat? Have
we become a dictatorship under the Obama administration? Whether they agree with the provisions of the Dream Act or not, every American should be concerned by the usurpation of power by the Executive Branch under this administration!

• Cuppajo 2012/06/15 22:43:58
    Cuppajo
    +9
    Now Ken, let's be honest. Obama has always ignored the Will of the People; why should this be any different?

• democoach 2013/02/12 21:42:41
    democoach
    lol dick chenney said that first, under bush. you have lost your rights after 2001. obama is just advancing it.

• olylift 2012/06/22 07:01:52
    olylift
    +1
    Executive fiat eh? Sounds more and more Hitleresque as the days go by.
  • jay 2012/06/21 02:29:32
    jay
    +1
    Here is something about the dream act and that obama's actions that I would like to see a liberal defend.

Ok the argument here is they are "just children and had no choice in deciding to come here". Lets say that is true ( in many cases they did not chose to come here) so we say we are not going to punish the kids. Its wrong to do that according to the liberals.

If that is true all affirmative action, racial quoatas and government set asides like giving a certain percentage to "minority business" people need to stop. THis is done becuase of the racism against blacks in the nation's past. I get that. blacks had been treated horrible, but no one alive today was a slave in the time it was legal and no white person owned slaves. no white man alive today was alive when slavery was legal and many where not born until well after the civil rights movement. So using the same argument for amnesty can be made about affirmative action. I did not have any choice in what happened in the country over 100 years before i was even born. Why should I possibly lose out on a job to a less qualified black candidate in the name of reparations for what occured in the past that I had "no choice in the matter" I am sure the liberal response will be they are different and no they are not. The principle is the same.
  • Ken jay 2012/06/21 04:31:13
    Another aspect of the way Obama did it is that no one can count on it being permanent - not the one's who were brought here many of whom are adults now, not the people who might hire them, and not the schools they might be admitted to. If (when) Obama loses, the next president will be cancelling all of his "Executive Orders" that are unconstitutional. It also encourages others in Mexico to cross the borders and come here. Suppose there is some family that has already returned to Mexico because of the job situation, and their kids had attended school while they were here. When they hear that the kids can stay, they will be coming right back across the border. It's an invitation to more illegal crossings.
  • jay Ken 2012/06/21 21:09:26
    jay
    +1
    I wish it were legal for volunteers could shoot them as they cross. I am sorry I feel that way, but we are not the welfare office of the world
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/06/17 06:38:15
    Charles R. Anderson
    +1
    Yes, once again Obama usurps power.
  • Frank Stephens 2012/06/17 00:47:34
    Frank Stephens
    +1
    And we're surprised? Obama is the least experienced president in the history of this nation. Action after action proves he is an amateur and well over his head.
    +1
    When are damn fool liberal going to realize that Obama doesn't care what American's want or what America needs. It's all about what he wants and this is only a political ploy to get latino votes, that's all. Obama is a disgrace. NOBAMA in 2012!
  • Beto 2012/06/16 22:25:42
    Beto
    +1
    Obama has by his own actions, shown himself to be dictator. (With dreams of secondary level emperors dancing in his head.)
  • DuncanONeil 2012/06/16 19:23:35
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    Isn't this why we fought the first revolution?
  • mrk5panzer 2012/06/16 17:03:44
    mrk5panzer
    +1
    You left wing nut jobs get what ya vote for. Come Nov. he is gone and boy do we have a mess to clean up.
  • Ken mrk5panzer 2012/06/16 17:20:11
    +1
    Talk about driving the bus into a ditch, he's driven it off a cliff!
    driving economic bus over a cliff obama
  • schjaz 2012/06/16 15:19:20
    schjaz
    +3
    He didn't have the right to do it and he knows it.....now he will sit back and continue to blame Repubs for his illegal and completely POLITICAL decision.
    Rather than blaming Republicans NOW....if this was so important to him, why didn't he get this passed when the Dems had control of both houses? He is trying to fool Latinos.
  • Beverly 2012/06/16 14:20:32
    Beverly
    +7
    Just one more step toward his desired dictatorship. He needs to go and November is not soon enough!
  • Flamingolady 2012/06/16 13:02:01
    Flamingolady
    +5
    BO does not answer to the people of the United States. This arrogant, fraudulent, dictator ignores the citizens unlike any president in history. This is one reason not to encourage the illegals:
  • AL 2012/06/16 09:12:18
    AL
    +6
    Lets face it, what looks like a deam for illegal aliens-is really just another night mare for the Millions of U.S. citizens still out of work in this Country!
  • jay 2012/06/16 08:25:50
    jay
    +5
    The first half negro president is the worst one ever. Is that really how you people wanted history?
  • AL jay 2012/06/20 04:02:38
    AL
    +1
    More like half assed President don't you mean?
  • jay AL 2012/06/20 17:29:01
    jay
    +2
    That as well.

I thought we were heading to a post racial united states. Hell racism has gotten worse on his watch
  • Ken jay 2012/06/20 21:16:54
    He is without a doubt the most divisive president in my lifetime, and that includes a good part of the 20th century.
  • jay Ken 2012/06/20 21:24:39
    jay
    +1
    I dont know if you can get more divisive. Obama does have being half black going for him. That allows people to throw the race card when you slam him.
  • Ken jay 2012/06/20 23:32:01
    Yes, it allows and even encourages some to do so. The ancient and doddering Sam Donaldson, Ronald Reagan's nemesis, has claimed that all of the opposition to Obama is because he is a Black man.

ancient sam donaldson
    How do you like the comb-over?
  • jay Ken 2012/06/21 02:24:33
    jay
    +1
    Obama is half white and I dislike that half as well. Further I think the world of allen west. I actually did conservative black people. It aint about race. I wish people would realize that.
  • Ken jay 2012/06/21 04:32:30
    There are a number of Black conservatives that are very popular - you mentioned Allen West, there's also Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell and Walter E. Williams.
  • jay Ken 2012/06/21 21:10:10
    jay
    +1
    There is also that hot chick. I think star parker?
  • Ken jay 2012/06/21 21:17:55 (edited)
    Yes, Star Parker a conservative columnist. She has an interesting story, on welfare until the Republican congress reformed welfare during the 1990s and she used the changes to get off welfare and become highly successful.
    Star Parker
  • jay Ken 2012/06/23 00:53:03
    jay
    +1
    She is the worse nightmare to liberal democrats to who to enslave the black man until voting time. I read her book Uncle Sams Plantation. it is a must read. Great book and I hope she runs for office.
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/06/16 08:24:20
    GeorgeAMartini
    +5
    Obama doesn't have verifiable documentation according to some people! He should be impeached NOW! I am so mad about this latest affront. It seems every day its more and more. Constitutional professor my ass! He is a destroyer of the Constitution.
  • jay GeorgeA... 2012/06/16 08:27:13
  • GeorgeA... jay 2012/06/16 08:45:22
    GeorgeAMartini
    +4
    Well said. I know Latinos that are outraged by all this pandering to illegals. They came here the hard way and they resent the hell out of border jumpers. I heard a couple of them on the radio today (not ones I know) and they are very upset at what they see as them being used like a cheap theatrical prop. And I don't blame them. Why is it assumed that legal residents or citizens would support illegal behavior just because its done by people who come from the same place they came from? Would I support the mafia simply because they're also from Italy like I am?
  • jay GeorgeA... 2012/06/16 19:57:43
    jay
    I have a buddy that has a mexican heritage. You call him mexican he gets pissed as he is an american and texan loud and proud. He has family that fought with the US against mexico to win independence for texas and then with the confederacy. What pisses me off is this promotes people thinking everyone brown is in favor of this and that is not the case. There are many brown patriots. People forget the sacrifices of many puerto ricans to become part of the usa in the spanish american war. He is just dividing us again.
  • GeorgeA... jay 2012/06/16 19:59:50
    GeorgeAMartini
    That is really all Obama has left. He needs to divide us so he can have four more years to finish putting the final nails in our republic's coffin.
  • jay GeorgeA... 2012/06/20 21:25:51
    jay
    If I could go back in time I would have told his mother about a great college called The University of Alabama. At least if she had no pride in her race she would have gotten an american black guy. Hell she might have met a man like Herman Cain. Then we would have a President who at least is a patriot.
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/06/16 07:54:54
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +6
    It started with Obamacare being forced down American throats, then when he lost his rubber stamp democrat House and was left with only with the senate, he has used his agencies and regulations to go against every congressional decision he disagrees with. He has never cared about the will of the American people, and the only leadership he displays is that of bashing and dividing us according to race, economic class, and party.
  • Jenn 2012/06/16 07:20:11
    Jenn
    +4
    America..get this dictator out of office come November..just another power grabb to overrule the congress, is a definite sign that Obama wants to rule and make all important decisions himself..Obama thinks that we are all so stoopid, that we are not capable of making our own decisions..Obama does not care what the American people think or want,this last decision he has made, without the congress should prove it..Obama must go, before he takes a way America's voice..Our voice..The people's voice...which we have been losing under this President. We cannot let this happen..
  • mrdog 2012/06/16 06:59:30
    mrdog
    +2
    O doesn' care the rule of law.... he is looking for votes...Americans are naive? bark
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/16 06:41:15
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    He thinks he is a Dictator, vote him out!
  • PaulBot415 WhereIs... 2012/06/16 06:54:28
    PaulBot415
    +2
    he will b gone come January.
  • jay PaulBot415 2012/06/16 08:28:32
    jay
    Did someoen repeal the 13th-15th amendments? I dont see how else he will lose unless only taxpayers are allowed to vote or white people get alot more pride in their race.

As a disclaimer I am not saying repeal those. I am saying that obama would not be president if not for them.
  • PaulBot415 jay 2012/06/17 05:18:01
    PaulBot415
    +1
    nobody is guaranteed a second term.

2014/10/25 15:33:53