Obama holds gun. Millions of progressives make fondue in their undies.

keymanjim 2013/02/03 03:14:35
In an effort to make obama look less like a pansy, the white house released photos of him holding a gun with smoke coming out of it. Upon seeing the photo, millions of progressives instantly orgazimed and fell to the floor in sweaty heaps.
When asked what it was like holding a gun for the first time in his life, obama was quoted to say: "I haven't had anything that hard against my face since I was in the back of a limo with Larry Sinclair. By golly, I sure feel like one of those gangsters people are always talking about."
Obama will be taking a few days off to nurse his broken cheek bone.

• Michael S. 2013/02/04 03:46:30 (edited)
    Michael S.
    +1
    Politicians passing off their "hunting credentials" totally miss the point of the Second Amendment. Why would I care if Obama "likes guns?" I mean, of COURSE Obama likes guns. Whether he personally hunts or not is beside the point, because his ideology is based entirely on forcing his will (or the supposed will of some arbitrary collective) at gunpoint. Support for the Second Amendment has nothing to do with loving or hating guns...I personally fear them and regret their invention, but that's neither here nor there, because the Second Amendment is not about whether I or Obama or anyone else "likes" guns. It's about ensuring a balance of power, so people cannot be ruled solely by the force of the government's guns...and have the practical ability to resist them if the situation ever merits the terrible cost.

In that same vein, gun use is not a badge of honor or a mark of "manliness" either, and conservatives falling into the trap of arguing over Obama's manliness vs. sissiness are also missing the point: First, identity politics based on testosterone levels are destructively shallow. Second, uninfringed gun rights are a necessary safeguard against tyranny, but gun ownership and use is not necessarily a measure of manliness: It CAN be a measure of sober preparedness and r...

In that same vein, gun use is not a badge of honor or a mark of "manliness" either, and conservatives falling into the trap of arguing over Obama's manliness vs. sissiness are also missing the point: First, identity politics based on testosterone levels are destructively shallow. Second, uninfringed gun rights are a necessary safeguard against tyranny, but gun ownership and use is not necessarily a measure of manliness: It CAN be a measure of sober preparedness and responsibility, and that carries a lot of positive masculine connotations...but to some, it's more about adopting a symbol of power to feel like a tough guy. (I'm talking to you, guys who have photos taken of you pointing your guns like you're some kind of action hero. ;)) Yes, firearms are indeed a symbol of physical power...some will have it, some will not, but power alone does not imply manliness. Power can be used wisely and defensively or abused aggressively, and the more concentrated and centralized it is, the more likely it will be abused.

There are probably a million reasons to own and use all kinds of guns, but "looking tough" is a pretty poor one. For that matter, you don't have to be seen with - or own - a gun to have Second Amendment credibility. You just have to support the Second Amendment.
  • Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL 2013/02/03 21:49:05
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +2
    It scared me-I don't like the bad man having the Red Button or a gun...
  • HOMBRE 2013/02/03 21:41:27
    HOMBRE
    +1
    Obama showing his happy feet with his THRILL of shooting skeet
    http://vine.co/v/b1dlh6rJDJw
  • A Founding Father 2013/02/03 21:14:22
    A Founding Father
    I haven't seen or heard a single comment from anyone even remotely described as "progressive". But, you and dozens of RWNJs seem to be soiling yourselves
    over the photo. Do you really not realize how juvenile and crazy your postings
    like this cause you to appear? Stupid is often hard to disguise, but you should
    give it more effort.
  • Michael S. A Found... 2013/02/04 04:25:43 (edited)
    Michael S.
    +1
    While I sympathize with your sentiment to a degree, don't you think your own name-calling ("RWNJ") and generic partisan flaming ("Stupid is hard to disguise, but you should give it more effort") fall under the juvenile category as well? I'm not saying this specifically to attack you, but to point out that the rabid identity politics on Sodahead are deeply ingrained in both the conservative and liberal camps. Almost nobody makes any effort to understand another side's perspective or offer constructive criticism, and the obnoxious team-driven negativity is only going to keep feeding on itself until more people (the smarter ones first, really) learn to be more self-conscious of their own contributions.
  • A Found... Michael S. 2013/02/04 04:45:46 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Indeed, you make a sound point that is well taken. I converse here every day with one or two adult conversations and discussions of significant matters. But, some postings and comments are so clearly attempts to levy unwarranted criticizms that I just respond in like manner. Note the post above: "Obama holds gun. Millions of progressives make fondue in their undies." Do I need to be "politically correct" to say in a nice way to "keymanjim", You are an idiot and likely a juvenile to bother to post such an absurdity?
    Oops, I did it again, didn't I? My bad.
  • Michael S. A Found... 2013/02/04 05:03:10 (edited)
    Michael S.
    As far as keymanjim is concerned, I have to concede that some comments are too immature to merit a serious response. It was more the "dozens of RWNJs" reference that I considered to be stooping to his level. An increasingly large number of people are being labeled this way nowadays, to the point where it's being applied to almost anyone who strongly disagrees with any Progressive viewpoint (capitalized to distinguish the politicial orientation from a value judgment of my own). I don't mean to say you necessarily mean it that way, but so many do that it comes off that way after seeing the reference littered throughout so many people's comments. In short, Sodaheaders casually throwing around "RWNJs" nowadays basically sound like the liberal version of Bill O'Reilly fans hating on "left-wing loons/moonbats/whatevers," and it's sad seeing so many people pulled down to that level.
  • A Found... Michael S. 2013/02/04 05:13:11
    A Founding Father
    RWNJ is a backhand to those who haven't the ability to address any "issues" or discuss the many events and problems we deal with. They begin and end their
    rants with some allegation or slander of "Obama" or his wife, or children, or some other unrelated diversion. Generally, of course, such is a sign of a juvenile or severely undereducated person, or one of the propagandists that post nonsense in order to see their words in print and raved by others with no more brains than themselves. Like weeds in the lawn or cockroaches in the pantry, if they aren't challenged in a forceful manner they will propagate and own the farm in a few days.
  • keymanjim A Found... 2013/02/04 05:30:23
    keymanjim
    And, what issues do you think this photo address?
    Trust me, you don't want to talk about his issues.

Benghazi.
  • A Found... keymanjim 2013/02/04 05:47:48
    A Founding Father
    The photo addresses a claim raised by RWNJs that somehow the President is insincere in his pledges made dozens of times that he has no intent or desire to "disarm" any law abiding sportsman, hunter, collector, or citizen of any weapon reasonable to their needs. He claims that he shoots skeet and trap at Camp David and the photo is of him firing a shotgun, which probably was taken at Camp David. So, what is the reason you would post this picture and make some claim about "fondue", except to elicit comments from those equally as stupid or as yourself?

As for Benghazi, the President wasn't there when the attack on the compound occurred. He did arrange for two Generals, one Admiral, and perhaps one CIA Director, to leave their duties immediately following the incident. Since these occurrences are so rare and the timing so related, I can imagine these to all be connected in some manner, now classified at a
    "Top Secret" level to avoid implicating our "Intelligence community" in a scandal of immense proportions. If you know any "secrets" feel free to tell us all about them.
  • keymanjim A Found... 2013/02/04 05:28:51
    keymanjim
    There is several thread dedicated to the subject. You should open your eyes once in a while.
  • A Found... keymanjim 2013/02/04 05:53:27
    A Founding Father
    At the other end of every "thread" I've ever pursued that was recommended by a RWNJ or nearly so, I've found yet another susupported rant by yet another "conservative" pundit claiming some wrong inflicted by "the Government", or "Obama", or "the new world order", or "aliens in Area 51", or similar nonsense. To being on that route is to ask for a world of confusion and nonsense, which, taken as a whole, can be called "propaganda" and waste a lot of valuable time.
  • Lobster Man 2013/02/03 17:28:57
    Lobster Man
    +1
    LOL!!!!!
  • 4570GOVT 2013/02/03 16:43:59
    4570GOVT
    +1
    News You Can Use……..Sickening but true.

It appears to me we should join the current hysteria and suggest
    the evidence shows that all registered Democrats should be confiscated.
    We know who they are- ~ they're registered!

---- Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns,
    then go and kill
    movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a
    conservative NRA member?

Ft Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered
    Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~
    Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama
    campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.

Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians,
    Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal
    Democrats."

INTERESTING, isn't it?

Where is the media in reporting this outrage?
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2013/02/03 16:29:44
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    When will you understand or even think about how ridiculous you are. Obama won....but good.
  • keymanjim CAROLYN... 2013/02/04 05:31:10
    keymanjim
    And we all lost, but bad.
  • mich52 2013/02/03 16:24:28
  • CAROLYN... mich52 2013/02/03 16:30:36
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +1
    Pathetic losers.
  • keymanjim mich52 2013/02/04 05:31:57
    keymanjim
    Did someone get a rash from their wet panties?
  • mich52 keymanjim 2013/02/05 19:04:30
  • keymanjim mich52 2013/02/05 22:08:02
    keymanjim
    Circus is closed.
    Time to address the real problems our country faces.
  • Wayne 2013/02/03 16:01:50
    Wayne
    +1
    BWHAHAHAHA! GREAT AND FUNNY POST.!
  • vis_viva 2013/02/03 15:15:53
    vis_viva
    Just when the birthers were starting to become boring (I hardly get a chuckle out of them any more) we are given the comedy gift of the "skeet-birthers".

I've never been skeet shooting, but I have (as have MANY liberals) been on a target range before. And I had a lot of fun! I prefer archery but I have had a good time target shooting (both with handguns and rifles). It is a lot of fun. If I were relaxing at Camp David there is a darn good chance I'd give skeet shooting a try. It's hilarious that some conservatives cannot wrap their minds around the absolutely logical idea that the President saw skeet shooting at Camp David and thought "hey that looks like fun I should try it.". No it HAS to be fake because some people out there have an emotional NEED for the President and the left to be out to take their guns. So it has to be a lie when those of us on the left don't fit the anti-gun fantasy created as the ideal antagonist of the gun-obsessed.

I believe it is absolutely the responsibility of the seller (whether it be at a store, at a gun show or on your kitchen table to your neighbor) to verify the person they are selling it to can legally own it. I also believe there is some upper limit to firepower private citizens should have. Just as people cannot have tanks or rocket l...

I believe it is absolutely the responsibility of the seller (whether it be at a store, at a gun show or on your kitchen table to your neighbor) to verify the person they are selling it to can legally own it. I also believe there is some upper limit to firepower private citizens should have. Just as people cannot have tanks or rocket launchers there should be some limit on the power and rate at which you can fill the air with lead. I concede it might be difficult to quantify and codify that (magazine limits? definition of what an assault weapon is?) but I believe some sort of upper boundary on private arsenals does not infringe on your right to bear arms while staying within the REQUIREMENT of being well regulated.

Of course those beliefs get me labeled a "gun grabber" in the black and white world of the NRA. And as such I MUST freak out at the mere presence of a gun. Of course the President has been accused the same no matter how moderate hes' been on "gun control". It took massive pressure from circumstances and his base to do anything and the actions suggested are hardly those of someone who hates guns.
  • keymanjim vis_viva 2013/02/04 05:35:19
    keymanjim
    That's it. That's the warm and squishy feeling in your nether regions you obamabots have gotten over this picture.

Now, go take a shower and smoke a cigarette.
  • vis_viva keymanjim 2013/02/05 00:41:50
    vis_viva
    A little scatologically fixated there aren't you? And let's not even get into the addition of the "cigarette".

Yeah have fun with that projecting.
  • keymanjim vis_viva 2013/02/05 01:09:22
    keymanjim
    The circus is closed.
    We've moved on to the real problems our country is facing. You should too.
  • vis_viva keymanjim 2013/02/05 01:34:31
    vis_viva
    You STARTED a silly little skeet-birther poll; came up with some sort of incompressible (and weirdly scatological) fantasy about liberals being scared of the President skeet shooting and then try to give ME grief about priorities.

Seriously?

Okay I usually try to stay above this level here...but dude...by any chance were your parents cousins?
  • topcat128 2013/02/03 14:36:14
    topcat128
    +2
    Another lie from Obama. When will all this crap stop?
  • keymanjim topcat128 2013/02/03 14:41:42
    keymanjim
    But, now he's a man. A manly, manly man.

• keymanjim 2013/02/03 14:25:09
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/03 14:21:57
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Staged photo-op. He probably spent a lot of our tax dollars getting trained to hold the gun without shooting himself in the foot.
  • SJG 2013/02/03 13:52:36
  • keymanjim SJG 2013/02/03 14:09:03 (edited)
  • SJG keymanjim 2013/02/03 14:50:06
    SJG
    +2
    Here's some substance:
    Substance
  • keymanjim SJG 2013/02/03 14:51:15
    keymanjim
    I believe that we've had enough of obama's promises.
  • mich52 SJG 2013/02/03 16:26:30
  • keymanjim mich52 2013/02/04 05:36:26
    keymanjim
    Your ability to type while fondling yourself must come from years of practice.
  • Pamela 2013/02/03 13:18:31
  • HooCares 2013/02/03 13:03:56
  • timberwolf HooCares 2013/02/03 13:16:23 (edited)
    timberwolf
    +1
    Idiot......

Morn... Jimmy Cater wasan idiot such as yourself, but you sure don't hear anyone bring that up much... Why do you commie's menatly live in the past?
    Ever hera of an accident..? I know I know you commie's don't have those do you...
    F'n moron...

2014/07/31 13:38:53