Obama Health Care Logo: Why so Socialist?

Dangerous Dave 2009/08/06 20:50:43
Yes. The Obama joker poster finally makes sense.
No. Leave Obama's health care logo alone!
Obama's new health care logo has stirred controversy! Conservatives are saying that Obama's health care logo resembles the Reichsadler, the symbol of the German National Socialist (NSDAP/Nazi).

health care logo resembles reichsadler symbol german national socialist nsdapnazi

• SAILOR 2009/08/06 21:02:48
    SAILOR
    +7
    And Pelosi is calling the protesters at the town hall meetings nazis. WHo's the nazi?

• the Griffin 2009/08/11 05:50:59
    the Griffin
    All governments are socialistic, all non-profits are socialistic and the biggest socialist for-profit business is the insurance industry . . . give your resources to a central body and have that body re-distribute those resources and that is pure socialism.

Why are some U.S. citizens so afraid to insure that all U.S. citizens have housing, an education, healthcare and food? Are we so callous that we can NOT assist those who can NOT assist themselves? Would we rather support the "Big" business enterprises of insurance and pharmacuetical companies that are there only to make a profit, especially off the backs of American workers?
  • Hollyhock the Gri... 2009/08/11 11:32:04
    Hollyhock
    cannot is one word. you should have written ensure, not insure. have you actually read the health care bill? as mb20fan wrote: health care is a responsibility, not a right! I will pay for my own health care, you pay for yours and take that responsibility. your first sentence is illogical.
  • the Gri... the Gri... 2009/08/11 17:46:06
    the Griffin
    +1
    Top Five Health Care Reform Lies

Lie #1: President Obama wants to euthanize your grandma.

The truth: These accusations—of "death panels" and forced euthanasia—are, of course, flatly untrue. As an article from the Associated Press puts it: "No 'death panel' in health care bill." What's the real deal? Reform legislation includes a provision, supported by the AARP, to offer senior citizens access to a professional medical counselor who will provide them with information on preparing a living will and other issues facing older Americans.

Lie #2: Democrats are going to outlaw private insurance and force you into a government plan.

The truth: With reform, choices will increase, not decrease. Obama's reform plans will create a health insurance exchange, a one-stop shopping marketplace for affordable, high-quality insurance options. Included in the exchange is the public health insurance option—a nationwide plan with a broad network of providers—that will operate alongside private insurance companies, injecting competition into the market to drive quality up and costs down.

If you're happy with your coverage and doctors, you can keep them. But the new public plan will expand choices to millions of businesses or individuals who choose to opt into it, including many who simpl...

Top Five Health Care Reform Lies

If you're happy with your coverage and doctors, you can keep them. But the new public plan will expand choices to millions of businesses or individuals who choose to opt into it, including many who simply can't afford health care now.

Lie #3: President Obama wants to implement Soviet-style rationing.

The truth: Health care reform will expand access to high-quality health insurance, and give individuals, families, and businesses more choices for coverage. Right now, big corporations decide whether to give you coverage, what doctors you get to see, and whether a particular procedure or medicine is covered—that is rationed care. And a big part of reform is to stop that.

Health care reform will do away with some of the most nefarious aspects of this rationing: discrimination for pre-existing conditions, insurers that cancel coverage when you get sick, gender discrimination, and lifetime and yearly limits on coverage. And outside of that, as noted above, reform will increase insurance options, not force anyone into a rationed situation.

Lie #4: Obama is secretly plotting to cut senior citizens' Medicare benefits.

The truth: Health care reform plans will not reduce Medicare benefits. Reform includes savings from Medicare that are unrelated to patient care—in fact, the savings comes from cutting billions of dollars in overpayments to insurance companies and eliminating waste, fraud, and abuse.

Lie #5: Obama's health care plan will bankrupt America.

The truth: We need health care reform now in order to prevent bankruptcy—to control spiraling costs that affect individuals, families, small businesses, and the American economy.
  • helenros 2009/08/10 14:55:42
    helenros
    +1
    The USA is the ONLY first-world nation that fails to guarantee health care to its citizens. How appalling that some folks seem to feel OK with that.
  • Hollyhock helenros 2009/08/11 11:33:41
    Hollyhock
    what do you actually know about the health care that other first-world nations provide? if you did, as I do, you would not be so appalled. read the proposed bill and then you have something to be appalled about.
  • Susie Ellis 2009/08/08 17:59:49
    Susie Ellis
    Anyone with the iota of a grasshopper's brain knows that our Country has been infiltrated for years by the Carlyle Group. Their mission is to destroy anything positive and turn it into a negative so that you are not paying attention to what is REALLY going on in the WORLD.
    Illegal Wars. Blackwater, Torture, Global Warming, Job loss,, and of course Health Care for Everyone...Wake up folks before you hear the marching form the REAL Nazis..... Beck, Limbaugh,O'reilly, Coulter,Palin, Cheney..... Need I say more???
  • PInC Susie E... 2009/08/08 19:02:39
    PInC
    You simply must stop watching Michael Moore films, or at least use a little acuity to understand that everything he says isn't completely true. Please add to your iota. His films are littered with half-truths and obvious liberal bias. I hope I don't hurt your feeling even more to tell you that with the illustrious (questionable for 3 members) list you've already mentioned, please add Bill and Hilliary Clinton, George Soros (almost brought the UK monetary system to failure and supporter of moveon.org), PM Gordon Brown, David Moffet (CEO of FreddieMac), Oliver Sarkozy (half-brother of the president of France), Arthur Levitt (Chrm SEC under Clinton), Mack McLarty (White House Chief of Staff under Clinton), and a plethora of others. Is the Carlyle Group subversive? It's all about making money since it was started in 1987. It crosses borders, political parties, and quite possibly the law, but I won't go there since I don't have proof in hand. In answer to your question, get a little more research under your belt and then tell us all.
  • LastRanger 2009/08/07 20:39:55
    LastRanger
  • KC 2009/08/07 17:34:56
    KC
    +3
    Excuse me, but these people are not conservatives. Thely are nit-pickers, nay-sayers and no-noers. These are bitter, nasty and angry people who seem to be fueled by some underlying sense of "white is right" manifest destiny that doesn't incorporate intelligent discusions of anything. So screw em'.
  • LastRanger KC 2009/08/07 20:48:46
    LastRanger
    So, your only argument is limited to name calling and, oh yes calling everybody a racist.
    Why is it that YOU are the one labeling people racist.
    I guess I’m just too ignorant to understand all the aspects of racism, which you are apparently well versed.
    racist labeling people racist guess ignorant understand aspects racism versed
  • KC LastRanger 2009/08/08 00:06:13
    KC
    +1
    I notice your little name-calling sign in your post. And yes, it is quite evident that racism is an underlying factor in so much of the Anti-Obama agenda. I'm not a big Obama fan, but to call him a fascist or socialist has no basis in reality, so, as those of us who were trained in psychology were taught, when there is no factual basis for peoples over the top anger and hate, you need to look elsewhere. When so many of the people spewing out this hate are Southern uneducated whites, then racism has to be considered, though I hadn't mentioned racism, just made a reference to a growing movement of folks like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly and Pat Buchanan who have been claiming that America is a "white" nation being taken over by "others."
    Anyway, if the shoe fits, wear it.
  • PInC KC 2009/08/08 19:13:47
    PInC
    +1
    I'm having difficulty laughing and typing at the same time, but you must not understand facism or socialism. Your reality is also gone missing. My guess is that your shoes are too tight.

fascism - a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control (Obama took over GM under whose authority? told Congress they would vote on healthcare before recess? thank God, they couldn't)

socialism - a system of society or group living in which there is no private property; a system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state (who owns biggest share of GM, banks, insurance companies, etc) condition society production controlled owns share gm banks insurance companies
  • KC PInC 2009/08/10 18:45:34
    KC
    Don't be ridiculous.
    Certainly Bush Inc. was heading us toward fascism. The phony blather of Nationalism, Disdain for Human Rights...see torture, Identification of enemies..the Muslims, Supremacy of the Military...Bush cut nearly all domestic programs while inflating the Military and starting two wars, Sexism, Controlling Mass media...journalists were wire tapped, Fixation on National Security...stoking fear for political gain...Those are just a few of the signs and steps to Fascism...All of which were pushed under Bush, None of which are being promoted under Obama.
    G.M. isn't a very good example. If the company failed, the U.S. would most likely enter a depression, the cars, the tires, the glass, the dealerships, the upholstry, the mats, the carpets, the steel and tin and plastic...a big, big chunk of our economy relies on G.M.'s survival. We do things in this country for the common good. Your police, fire department, roads, bridges, emergency services, sea ports, air ports schools, local government, animal control...and on and on...is paid for as part of the commons, what we all, or all of us in a community contribute to.
    This is far better than the Republican Socialism for the wealthy, the Bush years, moving the greatest amount of wealth from the middle class to the pock...

Don't be ridiculous.
    This is far better than the Republican Socialism for the wealthy, the Bush years, moving the greatest amount of wealth from the middle class to the pockets of the rich in history! A massive tax cut for the super rich during a time of war for the first time in history! Allowing Wall Street and the banks to gamble with our money with our money with no responsibility, no accountability. (Remember Bush's 1 page $750 billion bank bailout?) and privatizing everything...removing good paying government jobs with good benefits and replacing them with well paid CEO's, more socialism for the rich.
    So it sounds like you want a dictatorship, with the rich running everything and the rest of us being their slaves, being spied on, but not getting any benefits.
    Sounds great.
  • PInC KC 2009/08/14 20:15:11 (edited)
    PInC
    Read Michael Savage's Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. I believe there's a chapter in there all about you. You have a firm grasp on empty air with your "facts" and have scewed many points, but that's to be expected. GM should have declared bankruptcy and been forced to reorganize, but there's no point going through your list of Bush Bashing sins, you won't/can't listen to facts with any degree of success.
    As for a dictatorship, that's the great Messiah Obama's plan. He's been annointed, doncha know? LOLOLOLOL
  • KC PInC 2009/08/14 23:38:15
    KC
    "Smearing people for fun and passing along urban legends and baseless rants don't convince me that Savage is on the right side. If anything, his own words serve to expose him for the man that he is, a true hate mongering rabble rouser who seems to have been put on earth simply to anger and offend the majority of the country. And any good points he might have managed to bring up end up tainted by the insults and the outright viciousness of his attacks on his enemies. " one review of Mr. Weiner's book.
    The guy is a thug, a liar, and a hate-monger. The only people who like listening to or reading Weiner's garbage would probably think vomit is appetizing. Come up with an intelligent comment next time.
  • PInC KC 2009/08/16 16:28:16
    PInC
    Not impressed with your bashing the ultimate basher, but see by your response that you're probably in two chapters of the book. Your dismissal of his rabid fixations as "fun" indicates that you aren't using anything other than emotion to state what you believe. Generalities don't prove anything. If you were more specific about what he says and give an alternative rational response, perhaps you'd be more creditble. You appear to be a little frustrated, overly emotional, and not quite sure what your definition of the "right" side is. Are you speaking politically or correct as opposed to wrong?
  • KC PInC 2009/08/17 02:16:08
    KC
    As you should have noticed the "fun" thing was a quote from a reviewer of his book, not from me.
    Michael Savage has labeled children with autism "brats" as well as "idiots" and "moron." Michael Savage went on to suggest the autism was a racket designed to get public assistance.
    SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27 PRNewswire-USNewswire -- The newly-formed Hate
    Hurts America Community and Interfaith Coalition (HHA) today announced that
    Wal-Mart and AT&T; have joined a growing list of advertisers that have
    stopped advertising or refuse to place their ads on Michael Savage's
    "Savage Nation" program http://www.prnewswire.com/...

"I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not gettin on my all-fours and braying to Mecca. And you could drop dead if you don't like it. You can shove it up your pipe. I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. I don't wanna hear one more word about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind. I'm sick of you."

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R an...

Wal-Mart and AT&T have joined a growing list of advertisers that have

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R and throw 'em out of my country. I'd raise the American flag and I'd get out my trumpet if you did it. Without due process. You can take your due process and shove it."
    Michail Savage Weiner
    "Contrary to what you've been programmed to think by politicians with teleprompters, the al Qaeda network is not America's most dangerous enemy. To fight only the al Qaeda scum is to miss the terrorist network operating within our own borders. Who are these traitors? Every rotten radical left- winger in the country. That's who."
    Savage
    "At the top of this hierarchy is Hillary Clinton, followed by others, such as Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sandra Day O'Connor of the U.S. Supreme Court. Together, they have both feminized and homosexualized much of America, to the point where the nation has become passive, receptive and masochistic."
    Savage
  • PInC KC 2009/08/22 15:34:07
    PInC

I don't read reviews, basically because 90% of the time I don't agree with them, so I wouldn't have recognized a quote from one.

Advertisers drop programs when they get a plethora of mail from people who disagree with the program and its contents. I send letters to advertisers when I disagree with a program too. It just depends who has the most letter-writers. Advertisers and program contents only clash when the business feels like it might lose a buck. Whether advertisers drop Savage or not is totally irrelavant to me. I don't listen to him because I can't stand the screaming, but he does make some good points on a number of topics.
  • KC PInC 2009/08/23 18:19:40
    KC
    I don't see where he adds anything useful to the discussion. He puts out hate and anger and falls to labeling and name-calling as opposed to rational discussions of facts. Our society doesn't need more hate and anger.
  • HypothesizeIt 2009/08/07 13:39:53 (edited)
    HypothesizeIt
  • Donnie 2009/08/07 12:23:50
    Donnie
  • shadow 2009/08/07 07:09:12
    shadow
    So... you think for those slow learners that they might be getting the picture of what is going on now?
  • kahless 2009/08/07 04:48:11
    kahless
    This would all go away if we get ..... obama joker poster
  • Rubyzandra 2009/08/07 03:47:45
    Rubyzandra
    +2
    Looking a gift horse in the mouth and reverting to name calling could prove quite costly in the end.
  • ragnar_... Rubyzandra 2009/08/07 04:20:25
    ragnar_rahl
    +1
    It's only a "gift horse" to people incapable of earning health care. To anyone else it's a highwayman's horse.
  • kahless ragnar_... 2009/08/07 04:49:29
    kahless
    Highway robbery to be exact highway robbery exact
  • Rubyzandra ragnar_... 2009/08/11 02:49:52
    Rubyzandra
    I'll never understand people who would rather spend a million dollars on a $1.00 horse simply because they can afford it. Or who buy shoes at the full price when they could get it for half price the next day. Each to it's own. That's why we need the public option
  • ragnar_... Rubyzandra 2009/08/11 16:46:50
    ragnar_rahl
    That was absolutely meaningless. The public option does not cheapen anything. It means whoever is most productive pays the costs for everyone else, and therefore means that more people seek more expensive care, fewer economize, costs increase for everyone who pays them.

Horses are never a dollar. But no matter what the price, I do not want to buy anyone else a horse without getting something in return-- something I CHOOSE, something I can walk away from if I find it insufficient.
  • Rubyzandra ragnar_... 2009/08/16 03:55:48
    Rubyzandra
    Actually you are already buying the horse that someone else is riding. There is a built in amount to cover the uninsured in your premiums now. That cost would go down once there are no uninsured to allow for, thus the cost of your premium would be reduced. And it would eliminate people being denied insurance coverage because of pre-existing conditions. Imagine, the insurance company won't be able to pocket your premiums and deny you coverage both at the same time!
  • ragnar_... Rubyzandra 2009/08/16 19:14:51
    ragnar_rahl
    "Actually you are already buying the horse that someone else is riding. There is a built in amount to cover the uninsured in your premiums now. That cost would go down once there are no uninsured to allow for, thus the cost of your premium would be reduced. "

The uninsured presently receive 54% of the care the insured do. That means that the increase in taxes is nearly twice the size of any decrease in premiums. In any case, that is due to duty to care laws, and the alternative I advocate is NOT the present system, but an actual free market, which has never existed.

"Imagine, the insurance company won't be able to pocket your premiums and deny you coverage both at the same time!"
    It can't. It can do one or the other.
  • nancy 2009/08/07 03:46:50
    nancy
    +1
    Such nonsense even worrying about the logo. We need universal health care. Too many people have no health care.It is long overdue. Health care in this country should be # 1 and instead we have health care for the wealthy and at much too costly a rate.
    Healthcare should be a right not a privilege.
  • ragnar_... nancy 2009/08/07 04:21:00
    ragnar_rahl
    +3
    You are in the wilderness. You have no health care. Who is violating your rights?
  • kahless ragnar_... 2009/08/07 04:49:56
    kahless
    very well said.
  • flo nancy 2009/08/07 06:31:55
    flo
    +1
    You are confusing healthcare and insurance
    To wit; the Obama admin claims there are 57 million people without health insurance - so what? How many of those can afford health care insurance but prefer not to? The # is estimated at 16 million. 18 million uninsured are illegals , and that leaves a few millionn who are between jobs and get health insurance withhin a few months of getting a new job, the remainder are those eligible for Gov programs ( e.g Healthy families for kids , medicare and Medical and SSI.
    Everyone in this Country has ACCCESS TO THE FINEST MEDICAL CAR IN THE WORLD. No one is turned away at the door of every ER in this nation; it is both illegal and immoral to do so.
    Maybe rich people like Michael Jackson get a different level of care but hell he could afford his $150,000 a month MD and that was his right and his business.
  • LastRanger nancy 2009/08/07 20:42:42
    LastRanger
    Here's your health care:
    health care
  • Dwight Mann 2009/08/07 01:31:37
    Dwight Mann
    +1
    The logo should look like this. . .

Photobucket
  • maggie 2009/08/07 01:20:41
    maggie
    +3
    How ridiculous. There they go again, they (conservatives) will say or do anything to try to destroy Obama. They are so busy trying to bring Obama and company down that they aren't doing their jobs or caring if a program etc is good for the country or not. If it comes from the Obama white house it is automatically bad policy. I think they need to resign or be told to leave.
  • karenmia maggie 2009/08/07 02:57:34
    karenmia
    +3
    You need to be informed....................b... check out things on the internet......YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDRENS FUTURE DEPEND ON YOUR DECISIONS!
  • kahless maggie 2009/08/07 04:51:12
    kahless
    you obviously are one of the obamabots who spy for barry and have been recruited to be his blog buster....go tell barry were on to him....
  • AGPhillbin kahless 2009/08/09 01:49:23
    AGPhillbin
    Paranoia will destroy ya!

2014/11/26 21:40:19