Obama has declared he will not let congress stop his agenda. Is this constitutional?

FanOreilly 2012/04/23 14:23:50
Yes according to the constitution, the president does not need congressional approval
No the constitution is clear, the president's power is limited
Obama has declared he will not let congress stop his agenda.

One Saturday last fall, President Obama interrupted a White House strategy meeting to raise an issue not on the agenda. He declared, aides recalled, that the administration needed to more aggressively use executive power to govern in the face of Congressional obstructionism.

“We had been attempting to highlight the inability of Congress to do anything,” recalled William M. Daley, who was the White House chief of staff at the time. “The president expressed frustration, saying we have got to scour everything and push the envelope in finding things we can do on our own.”

For Mr. Obama, that meeting was a turning point. As a senator and presidential candidate, he had criticized George W. Bush for flouting the role of Congress. And during his first two years in the White House, when Democrats controlled Congress, Mr. Obama largely worked through the legislative process to achieve his domestic policy goals.

But increasingly in recent months, the administration has been seeking ways to act without Congress. Branding its unilateral efforts “We Can’t Wait,” a slogan that aides said Mr. Obama coined at that strategy meeting,

Is this constitutional?

Read More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/us/politics/shif...

• Defend ... nothing... 2012/05/03 10:53:56
    Defend Western Civlization
    more nonsense
  • nothing... Defend ... 2012/05/03 13:25:44
    nothingbutthetruth
    You know I make a lot of sense and talk the truth that's why you keep coming back, right? Be a man and Say the truth!
  • Defend ... nothing... 2012/05/03 13:57:47
    Defend Western Civlization
    no i know you make no sense
  • nothing... Defend ... 2012/05/04 05:38:48
    nothingbutthetruth
    But you keep coming back, so there got to be something you are attractive to!
  • Raymond59 Defend ... 2012/04/30 07:00:51 (edited)
    Raymond59
    I challenged "nothingbutthetruth" to cite me the "Article, Section, & Clause of the U.S. Constitution that gives the President this Power." She was unable to cite that Information. All she did was "namecall." Typical Liberal "getting caught in their own Trap!"
  • Defend ... Raymond59 2012/04/30 10:18:01
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    that does not surprise me at all
  • jimmy d nothing... 2012/04/25 12:13:53
    jimmy d
    Republicans are attempting to do something constructive like PASS A BUDGET that we haven't had in years under the dems watch. Instead obummer proposed one that didn't garner a single vote.
    Secondly, the House has been busy playing DEFENSE (as in defending our liberties and freedoms) from ocraphead's overreach and onslaughts......
    And lady the govt doesn't need to do something constructive. They are already too big and bureaucratic. That's your problem....waiting for your govt check and sustenance!!!!!!
  • nothing... jimmy d 2012/04/30 04:57:47
    nothingbutthetruth
    The people have the last say! And they know the different when they see them!
    the people house
  • Plantgypc nothing... 2012/04/25 13:42:33
    Plantgypc
    You mean like spending tax dollars like a drunken sailor.
  • nothing... Plantgypc 2012/04/30 08:26:16
    nothingbutthetruth
    You how drunken sailor spend dollars because you must be one of them yourself!
  • Plantgypc nothing... 2012/04/30 13:40:14
    Plantgypc
    OOOOHHH sorry but your insult would make more sense if you would proof read. Your not baiting me. Obama is distroying this countries economy. His wife has 22 personal employees, why? They have a dog trainer, thiscountry is paying $102,000 a year for. Excuse me, show me how he's notspending like a drunken sailor. I could have said his N rich. Not my expression, but an old saying.
  • Bali nothing... 2012/04/25 20:53:30
    Bali
    +1
    where does it say in the con that it should be bypassed?
  • DavidK nothing... 2012/04/26 11:59:38
  • Mike nothing... 2012/04/30 17:59:01
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2012/04/25 04:16:52
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +4
    the thought of obama with unlimited power scares the hell out of me
  • nothing... ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/04/30 04:58:42
    nothingbutthetruth
    I think you had too much to drink because you are talking out your senses!
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... nothing... 2012/04/30 07:09:47
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    any one person with unlimited power is not good, do you disagree?
  • casdallas 2012/04/25 04:01:14
    casdallas
    +2
    He has never planned on following it anyway..that's obvious...he thinks he was crownd King!
  • bill 2012/04/25 03:57:59
    bill
    +1
    A federal judge has dismissed a libel case against a homosexual who claimed Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign paid to rig a polygraph test regarding his sensational charge that he had sex and used drugs with the future president.

Larry Sinclair – who claims he twice engaged in sexual activity and used cocaine with Obama in 1999 when Obama was an Illinois state senator – was accused by Internet publisher Daniel Parisi of making false and damaging statements that led to the demise of Parisi’s porn website, Whitehouse.com, in 2008.
    Ads by Google

Men's Divorce Law FirmContemplating Divorce? We can help. Orlando Offices, Call: 407-896-2677 www.mensdivorcelaw.com
    Stock Market LossesSecurities Attorneys - Lawfirm Investment Losses Free Consultation www.steinsteinlaw.com

The alleged defamation did not center on Sinclair’s charges of sex and drugs with Obama but on Sinclair’s claim in his 2009 book that the Obama campaign and top adviser David Axelrod had agreed to pay Parisi $750,000 to rig the results of a polygraph test.

Parisi failed to present any evidence that Sinclair’s claim about Axelrod and the Obama campaign was false, wrote U.S. District Court Judge Richard J. Leon in his Feb. 28 opinion dismissing the case.

Parisi filed March 30 jointly with Sinclair a “Stipulation...

&&

&

Ads by Google

Parisi filed March 30 jointly with Sinclair a “Stipulation and Order of Voluntary Dismissal,” which effectively ended Parisi’s claims against Sinclair and Sinclair Publishing.

Sinclair recounted in his book, “Barack Obama & Larry Sinclair: Cocaine, Sex, Lies & Murder,” Parisi’s offer to pay him $10,000 to take a polygraph test regarding his charge that he engaged in sexual acts with Obama in Chicago.

In the deal, Parisi would pay $100,000 if the polygraph showed Sinclair was telling the truth. In a modified agreement, Sinclair was paid $20,000 to take the test. He failed it, according to an examiner’s report, and two other examiners corroborated the result, the judge’s opinion said.

Parisi alleges Sinclair made defamatory statements in the book, including his assertion that “the polygraph was rigged and was arranged by Dan Parisi and Obama Campaign advisor David Axelrod.”

The judge, however, said Parisi failed to show Sinclair had published any knowingly false statements and concluded that he had taken appropriate steps to verify the information before publishing it.

Citing precedent, the judge argued that when the victim of the alleged defamation is a public figure, like Parisi, the statement in question must amount to more than negligence. The statement must be made with actual malice, he wrote, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard as to whether it or not it was true.

Furthermore, Parisi couldn’t support his claim that Sinclair’ statement was false, the judge said.

“The complaint contains no factual allegations, other than the plaintiffs own assertions that the statements were false,” Leon wrote.

Sinclair’s source of his allegation against Parisi and the Obama campaign was an anonymous phone call, but he tried to confirm the information with Parisi, who refused to respond, Leon states in his opinion. Also, a Chicago Tribune reporter contacted the tipster and affirmed Sinclair’s statement, the judge said.

Along with Sinclair and Sinclair Publishing, Parisi had sued radio talk show-host and Internet author Jeffrey Rense, who wrote the forward to Sinclair’s book; booksellers Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble; book distributor Ingram Content Group; and Internet retail giant Amazon.com.

Parisi still plans to appeal Leon’s dismissal of the case against Amazon.com, now the only remaining defendant.

Parisi’s suit effectively stopped the hardcover printing of Sinclair’s books, with used copies selling for as much $600 on Amazon.com. While defending himself in court, Sinclair was able to sell a paperback edition of the book on his website, LarrySinclair.net.

Sinclair told WND in a telephone interview that he stands by the claims in his book.

“I still believe all the charges I have made are true, and I have seen nothing to date that would change my beliefs,” he said.

He also continues to stand by his primary charge against Obama.

“I know from personal experience that Obama lied when he said he had given up drugs in college, and I can attest in detail to the fact Obama engages in homosexual sex,” Sinclair said.

In addition, Sinclair says he believes that the murder of Donald Young – the homosexual choirmaster at Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago – was an attempt to protect Barack Obama’s secrets. Young was murdered shortly before the 2008 Iowa Caucus.

In the lawsuit, Parisi had sought from Sinclair $30 million in damages for himself and his various corporations, including Whitehouse.com Inc., Whitehouse Network LLC and White House Communications Inc.

Parisi claimed he created the entities to function as news agencies.

Sinclair represented himself in court while Parisi was represented by Patton Boggs, one of the most expensive, prestigious and politically connected law firms in the nation’s capital.

Sinclair, with no formal legal training, is not a lawyer licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.

WND could not reach Parisi for comment. Richard Oparil, Parisi’s attorney at Patton Boggs, also did not return WND calls asking for comment.

In January 2008, when Sinclair initially came forward to make his charges against Obama, he admitted to his criminal past, including having served prison time in Florida, Arizona and Colorado.
  • SteveA 2012/04/25 02:37:11
    Yes according to the constitution, the president does not need congressional ...
    SteveA
    +1
    When you have a congress in Gridlock held up for hostage by a party that doesn't even do what the people who elected want them to do then, yes, it's up to the President to break that gridlock for the people of the country who elected him to get their government working again!
  • gvc SteveA 2012/04/25 07:11:27
    gvc
    +2
    Gridlock does not impart special powers to the President.
    Did it occur to you that the people in Congress are doing EXACTLY what the people who elected them want them to do?
    One would think losing the house in 2010 would have sent a message to the President that Americans DO NOT want his power to go unchecked.
    For his arrogance and ignorance he will more than likely lose the election in 2012.

Hopefully, it sent a message to Democrats as well.....either play nice or you will be voted out!!!
  • Defend ... SteveA 2012/04/25 10:54:56
    Defend Western Civlization
    +3
    the king of england though he was god to but Americans put him in his place
  • nothing... SteveA 2012/04/30 05:01:47
    nothingbutthetruth
    That's right! And for the sake of the people and the economy, he had to do something! Republicans are the ones that said they rather see the economy sink than to work with President Obama to get things to help the people. It's the people House, not the Do Nothing Republicans!
    the people house
  • wers 2012/04/25 02:19:35
    wers
    +3
    DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK OBAMA GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION????????HAH.
  • DougE 2012/04/25 01:40:51
    DougE
    +2
    Can you say dictator? I'll give him this, at least he has the courage to admit he's going to do what he wants. Hopefully Americans will wake up before we have another revolution.
  • Rick DougE 2012/04/25 14:13:21
    Rick
    Won't happen!
  • John Boy Rick 2012/04/25 17:51:01
    John Boy
    I agree, Americans never wake up !!! I wish they somehow would.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/25 01:28:25
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Barry Soetoro can "DECLARE" whatever he wants... and WE THE PEOPLE can declare that we are IGNORING HIM.
  • DougE Adakin ... 2012/04/25 01:42:15
    DougE
    +7
    Yep, my oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States trumps his power grab. We the People reject you Barry Obama.
  • Azrael-In GOD we trust 2012/04/25 01:26:23
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    +4
    What I want to know is why congress hasn't either had him arrested or impeached? Imagine if Bush had pulled this crap.
  • DougE Azrael-... 2012/04/25 01:43:06
    DougE
    +2
    I bet Boehner's at home crying his baby blues out over it right now. That guys's as worthless as Harry Reid.
  • Azrael-... DougE 2012/04/25 02:01:01
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    +2
    Have you ever written to Boehner?
    I do-every bit of crap on BO I get, I send it to Boehner. I write him letters, too, and I'm beginning to wonder about him. I know other people write him and complain so why hasn't something been done about BO?
  • DougE Azrael-... 2012/04/25 19:10:03
    DougE
    +1
    I've tried, but not very hard. I hate having to fake that I'm from his district to get past the zip code filter on his Congressional page. Boehner is terrible for sure. I heard a freshman member of congress make a claim that Boehner has had his rino brownshirts threaten them to settle down and abondon the consitutuional crap that go them elected. (Paraphrasing of course)
  • Azrael-... DougE 2012/04/25 23:39:46
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    +1
    Here's his email:
    SpeakerAlert@mail.house.gov

He needs to hear from people and what they think, whether he wants to or not.
  • DougE Azrael-... 2012/04/27 17:21:48
    DougE
    +1
    Thank you very much!!!!!!
  • Azrael-... DougE 2012/04/28 23:59:09
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    You're very welcome!
  • Flyingbug Azrael-... 2012/04/25 03:49:36
    Flyingbug
    +1
    As I remember, there is ONE resolution that says an impeachment measure will be brought if the President sends troops to Syria without congressional approval.

The House can bring impeachment proceedings. However, it is the Senate who tries the case--and with Reid currently in charge, a motion for a trial might well go the way of the House-passed budgets: nowhere.
  • DougE Flyingbug 2012/04/25 19:10:48
    DougE
    I think the Lybia thing should have done it. It was clearly a manipulation.
  • Azrael-... Flyingbug 2012/04/25 23:42:22
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    Seems to me if enough write to the House and Senate, they would have to look into it.
  • snafu2 Azrael-... 2012/04/25 13:52:28
    snafu2
    +1
    It's called having a multi billionaire commie, a Lame Stream Media and a bunch of dumbed down sheeple zombies on your side.

2014/08/01 07:48:37