Obama Hammered for 'Jetting Around,' Taking Vacations While Americans Suffer

Evil 1 2012/04/13 13:00:20

President Obama, during an interview with St. Louis's KMOV, was hammered for "jetting around, [taking] different vacations and so forth, sometimes ... under the color of state business." The interviewer, Larry Conners, suggested even that folks "get frustrated, even angered" seeing the president take these trips, and told Obama that these Americans think he's "out of touch, that [Obama doesn't] really know what they're experiencing right now."

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-hammered...

• ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/14 14:37:44
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/14 17:12:04
    Evil 1
    And what bearing do these political cartoons have on the basis of this post? Please stay on topic. If you don't want to stay on topic feel free to put up your own post.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/15 02:08:54
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    how Gop Blast obama for going on vacation while the Gop are on vacation themselves
    if they really cared as much as they say they do they wouldnt take vacations

as much as Republican nuts say oh obama thinks he is the messiah
    i see more people worship Sarah palin and Santorum and Romney

i have seen people post this about obama

A kind and generous statement.

Or is it?

May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.
    Psalm 109:8
    A clue may be in the verses of the 109th Psalm that follow verse 8:
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.

May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation.

May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

May their sins always remain before the Lord, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

In that context, are these folks actually urging us to pray for Obama's death?

Do I agree with Obamas politcs Some of his ideas are Good some are Bad
    Do I hate Obama NO
    Will i Vote for obama No

messiah people worship sarah palin santorum romney people post obama
    A kind and generous statement.

Or is it?

Psalm 109:8

Do I hate Obama NO
    Will i Vote for obama No
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/15 04:32:47
    Evil 1
    Stay on topic or your gone.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/15 04:36:50
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    I Was Staying on topic you just dont like Truth being shown to you

you want to scream and Rant about obama this and obama that but when its done back to you about your own poltiicans suddenly its oh boo hoo your being picked on and your off topic
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/15 04:45:28 (edited)
    Evil 1
    Your childish, ridiculous cartoons are far from being on topic to anyone other than you. If you choose to have intelligent debate then I welcome it. If you choose to post ridiculous cartoons then rant I will get rid of you. Choice is yours.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/15 17:12:40
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾

you just cant handle the truth
    handle truth

handle truth

handle truth
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/15 21:07:28
    Evil 1
    Adios you childish, ridiculous screwball! Trying growing up and staying away from the alcohol.
  • Muver 2012/04/13 19:58:10
    Muver
    +1
    Yes, this is an issue many have. I think it is abhorrent how everyone in government positions live, when so many have lost jobs, lost their homes, had to sell their belongings, give up their pets, move in with relatives and so on, just to survive. Our children are seeing fewer extra classes in schools due to cuts, and so much more....and these people continue to travel mostly at our expense, vote themselves raises, pass and sing into law things that endanger and give them complete control over us, and they do this "in the dark of night" with no input from the voters at all....and our taxes continue to go up....Many, especially small business are failing, due to lack of tax breaks, increased rents due to increased town/village/state/federal taxes, Utilities price increase, and the general lack of customers who have no money to spend in their stores....and these "leaders" (who actually lead nothing but grief and dispair) continue to flit all over the place, mainly under the guise of "State dinners/visits/conferences/and whatever else BS
    they can think of....
    I realize that most all presidents of this country and their entourages have done this, but it seems this government is especially taking advantage of the public...it is rude and arrogant, an air that is evident in this leadership. or should I say lack of substancial leadership.
    It seems to me that the best leaders lead by example, something that is certainly not evident here.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/04/13 15:31:13
    Rebel Yell
    GWB 8 years as President = 2,920 days in office.
    Time spent at Crawford & Camp David = 977 days

That means he was on vacation for 33% or 1/3 of the time.

Yes, yes... I know. George was there " working". Working at riding his bike and clearing brush. And yes, yes ... that is different beause that was GWB's " home" . When he wasn't "home", GWB and his family also went to Europe and Africa. Laura took the twins to Rio. Every summer Laura also took a vacation with 6-8 Texas girllfriends. Oh... but that's different.

When Obama goes to his home state of Hawaii when Congress is on vacation, the Far Righties howl like stuck pigs. Trip to the Grand Canyon when the girls were on summer vacation? HOWLLLLLLL ! 1 1/2 days spent at the Chicago home? HOWLLLLLLLL!
  • Evil 1 Rebel Yell 2012/04/13 19:58:20
    Evil 1
    Remember "we are all going to have to make sacrifices." Or how "my administration will be the most transparent." It's not just the right complaining about his lies and hypocrisy. And I don't remember Bush or Clinton taking all thier friends and relatives with them when they took vacations. Nor do I remember them going to France, Spain, Africa or Botswana. I don't have a problem with the Obama's taking vacations, I have a problem with the costs of their vacations. They have just as much right to take vacations as any of his predecessors but the money they have spent on them (at least the amounts that they have not hidden or refused to give out) is staggering in comparison to previous Presidents. This is the issue not the time he has been on vaction. Also I don't remember Clinton or Bush sending their teenage daughter with her friends and 25 Secret Service agents as chaperones on a vacation within the US let alone Mexico.
  • Rebel Yell Evil 1 2012/04/13 20:31:08
    Rebel Yell
    If they are paying for those friends and relatives... which they do... then why care? SS agents do not serve as chaperones. Presidents also do not decide how many SS agents are needed and they are not under the command of the President. That is the job of the agency as well as travel routes.

The bottom line is vacation is vacation, When George was making his many trips to Camp David, Democrats objected. Republicans insisted that CD is a presidential retreat, and not a true vacation. But guess who put up a big howl the first time Obama took his family to Camp David? Guess who put up a big howl when Obama and his family returned to their Chicago home for the first time and for only 1 1/2 days? Republicans howled that if the Obamas were going to vacation, why not the USA. Guess who howled when Obama and family went to the Grand Canyon? But here is my favorite. One complained that Obama shouldn't be "going all the way to Hawaii. He should vacation in the USA".
  • Evil 1 Rebel Yell 2012/04/13 21:29:08 (edited)
    Evil 1
    I would question their paying for the friends and relatives as they are holding back information from the trips. If any news agency want the info they have had to file lawsuits to get it released. So conisidering this fact I would doubt that the Obama's are paying for those individuals.

When you send your teenage daughter to Mexico with a friend and 25 Secret Service agents and no parent those agents are acting a chaperones regardless of what anyone says. And why would any President send their teenage child to Mexico unaccompanied by a parent? I find it apalling as well as a waste of taxpayer money.

I stated I have no problem with Obama taking vacations. I have a problem with the amount he is spending on them and where he is going. He acts as though our tax dollars are his own personal piggy bank. If his wife, daughters and their friends wanted to go to Africa they should have footed the bill themselves. Facts are facts and Obama is spending taxpayer money on lavish, oppulent vacations that none of his predecessors did. He needs to remember whose money he is spending and who he works for. He is not royalty (although he thinks he is) and he is not a multi-millionaire rock star or celebrity. He is an elected official who promised hope and change as well as a transparent administration. He promised to change Washington, problem is he hasn't changed it for the good.
  • Rebel Yell Evil 1 2012/04/13 21:42:19
    Rebel Yell
    Once agan, SS agents are not chaperones and adults were on the trip. These were friends/parents from Malia's school. They were not unchaperoned. It IS NOT the role of SS agents to act as chaperones. EXample... the Bush twins, during their university days, were busted at a Mexican restaurant in Austin for drinking with a fake ID. The twins' SS agents came under fire for allowing that to happen. The SS officials made it very clear that SS 'shields' are there for that reason only.... to shield their charges from any danger.

It is in your own mind that Obama thinks of himself as a rock star, which proves that you are very easiy influenced by the media. Also, the Africa trip was paid for by the Obamas, with the exception of security and travel, which are alloted for all Presidents.
  • Evil 1 Rebel Yell 2012/04/14 03:23:44
    Evil 1
    And where is your proof that their were parents on the trip. I would like to see it. And the agents were acting as chaperones no matter how you attempt to twist the facts as neith of the Obama's were with their adolescent daughter. As for the Bush twins underage drinking fiasco, hoe does that compare to the Mexican vacation? First of all the taxpayers weren't paying for them to go to college. They were in the US. They were eighteen years old and considered adults. There is no comparison and the agents could not be chaperones to adults.

I am far from influenced by the media and that is in your mind. I am influenced by the Obama's actions, their attitude and their sense of entitlement. And again where is your proof that the Africa trip was paid for by the Obama's? Again, I would like to see that information. It seems you have many things in your own mind about the Obama's that have no viable or verfiable truth to corroborate them.
  • rightside 2012/04/13 15:28:23
    rightside
    +1
    Its so very true.
  • john Kills 2012/04/13 15:26:00
    john Kills
    +1
    Really, what happened to " we are all going to have to make sacrifices " ?
  • Kane Fernau 2012/04/13 14:58:23
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Jet setting limousine liberal
  • Seonag 2012/04/13 14:39:30
    Seonag
    +1
    It must be real hard to live in the WH where your living quarters are cleaned for you, your meals are prepared for you, your kids are transported to school for you. Michelle and the kids need those vacations from all that hard living!
  • Timetraveler 2012/04/13 14:07:30
    Timetraveler
    I think a standing president shouldn't be allowed to campain for re-election. first because we pay him to conduct business in our stead, and second the three years in office should be counted as his pledge and promises.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/04/13 13:48:04
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    He should be, people are losing their jobs, homes and life savings and he's spending money like a Saudi prince. He's been on the campaign trail since he got in and vacationing frequently, when does the Btard work? He is more out of touch than Romney.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/13 13:44:53
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    That'll be the last interview with the President that that reporter will ever get. How dare he ask or utter what we're all thinking in front of this President.

There's more to this "most transparent administration" too:

http://www.washingtontimes.co...

WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER = BHO
  • Matt 2012/04/13 13:29:04
    Matt
    +2
    Emperor Nero-bama, fiddling while his country burns.
    emperor nero-bama fiddling country burns
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Matt 2012/04/13 13:41:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    the country is not burning and Nero did not Fiddle while Rome burned as the Violin was invented Centuries AFTER Nero Died
  • Matt ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/13 15:20:01
    Matt
    +2
    OK ! Here's a liar with a lyre !
    Obama Lyre
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Matt 2012/04/13 15:22:51
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Still makes no Sense

America is still here its not burning Obama did not destroy America
    you really are Stupid to think America will fall because of one man
  • Matt ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/13 15:45:52
    Matt
    +1
    If you've ever read any of my posts, I have no love for Republicans, either. America's economy is where it is at because that is where BOTH parties intentionally put it. I find Obama's multi billion dollar bailouts of multinational banks and corporations and foreign wars to be no more moral or effective than Bush's. If you fail to see the looming disaster from our multi trillion dollar debt you are not a very good student of economics.

Balance
  • PhillipDavis 2012/04/13 13:16:42
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/13 13:15:50
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Obama & family may reduce their vacations this year,due to the election.But if he's reelected.Obama & Michelle will go back to their jet setting ways.And would care less if the American people like it or not!

election reelected obama michelle jet setting ways care american people
  • DJPanicDC 2012/04/13 13:09:02
    DJPanicDC
    Have we ever had a president who feels the peoples pain? Who is worried about putting gas in air-force one, or the white house being foreclosed on? Of course not as long as elections run on money the elected will always be out of touch At least I think Obama can theoretically understand, Mitt I don't believe can even picture the average persons problems
  • rightside DJPanicDC 2012/04/13 15:27:53
    rightside
    Sounds like jealousy to me. Just because Mitt has worked hard, doesn't mean he can't understand the middle class any less than bama, who by the way has no idea what its like.
  • DJPanicDC rightside 2012/04/13 15:33:17
    DJPanicDC
    It's not because of jelousy it's because he says things like "I Know Some Nascar Owners" "Ann drives a couple of Cadilacs" "corperations are people my friend" and this is what he says campaighning! Obama has a better since of reality because as a comunity organizer you are incontact with real people
  • rightside DJPanicDC 2012/04/13 15:53:12
    rightside
    Yeah, when you take a look at his community organizer record, you're going find only so much crap. He wasn't a good organizer. He took money for a field to be converted into a playground and it never happened. Just wanted his name out there.
    He does the same in office.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/13 13:07:46
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Every President has Taken Vacations while in Office
    why the Focus on Obama ??
    why not about Bush or Clinton etc
    why not about Republican Sentators and Congress who take LONGGGGGGGG Vacations while in office
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/13 13:36:52
    Evil 1
    +2
    I think Obama has taken more than his predecessors, but that can be argued. I think his taking such oppulent vactions while the majority of the citizens of the US are suffering economically is why it is being addressed. As for the Republican Senators and Congress (as well as the Democrats) vactions, they aren't flying in Air Force One and we the taxpayers aren't footing the bill. And I didn't read about any Congressman or Senator flying their 13 year old daughter and her friend to Mexico accompanied by 25 secret service on the taxpayer dime.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/13 13:40:53
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    the news never focused on Clintons Vacations or Bush or other Presidents as much

but they Focus so much on Obama its like what is this seriously news worthy information
    isnt there something better to report about??
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/13 13:51:10
    Evil 1
    +2
    During the Clinton and Bush administrations the country wasn't experiencing the failing econonmy that we are now. It becomes newsworthy because it garners attention. Also I don't remember Clinton or Bush taking such lavish vacations and dragging all thier friends and realtives along. Obama campaigned on hope and change promising to change Washington. There has been no change. In fact he has taken Chicago politics and cronyism to Washington and ramped it up. He also promised that his administration would be the most transparent in history. He has yet to deliver on that. So I think he has brought much of this reporting on himself.

I feel there are many better things to report on. How about the fact that we haven't had a budget in over three years. Or that the number of individuals that have quit looking for work and are no longer being counted in the unemployment number is now 87,874,000. These are just two important issues that should be addressed but the media seems content to ignore them.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/13 13:58:04
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    then the media needs to stop focusing on the Zimmerman case and focus on the problems of the country and Solutions we can use to fix the problem

Rather than sit around and point fingers blaming each other
    while the Problem gets worse

find a solution that Everyone can agree on
    and Fix it
    simple

thats why your and my Tax payer dollars goes to pay these Bozo Clowns to do thier job
    and they do not do thier job they make Deals with corporations they smooth talk about issues that are not important or vital to the sucess of the united states of America
    they use Tactics like bringing up about Religion or Women Rights Abortion Same Sex Marriage anything to Create a Smoke Screen so they do not have to do thier job of fixing the problem

while the country Divides itself screaming at each other
    instead we should unite together and say

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's GOD entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men...

while the Problem gets worse

and Fix it
    simple

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are CREATED equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    - Declaration of Independence

And Vote all of them out of office
  • Evil 1 ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/13 14:05:19
    Evil 1
    Why do you think politicians support class warfare? They are all guilty of it. Obama should have kept his nose (and Holders as well) out of the Zimmerman-Trayvon incident. They should never have gotten involved and Holder should never have praised Sharpton. But they are consummate politicians who know 'never let a good crisis go to waste.' Thier involvment in the matter was nothing but a move to divide and keep the limelight off of themselves.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Evil 1 2012/04/13 14:24:29
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Because People are Sheep
    people sheep

Americans used to be Patriots who would Defend the Consitution
    now most Americans are Lazy Ignorant Sheep
    who let Propaganda and Corporate America Tell them what to Think
    fox sheep

2014/08/31 08:36:26