Obama gives 800,000 illegals work permits: Smart or Stupid??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/06/15 22:42:31
Smart, tell me why...
Stupid, tell me why...
Vote now, comment, reply, share and RAVE!!!!
illegals protestobama progressromney hispanicunemployed workers

Read More: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/15/us-usa-i...

• Walt 2012/06/16 02:23:48
    Stupid, tell me why...
    Walt
    +40
    It's stupid because 0bama is giving something that is not his to give.

• john doe 2012/08/15 04:24:28
    Stupid, tell me why...
    john doe
    Now it doesn't mean crap to be an American. I've supported Obama for may things are good for majority of Americans but this will not be great for the majority of Americans. He's allowing illegals to take our jobs and land. WTF?
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/20 03:09:09
    Stupid, tell me why...
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    If you have to ask why, you're in trouble anyway and there is nothing I can do to help you.
  • BlueRep... Aqua Su... 2012/06/20 14:24:45
    BlueRepublican
    +1
    Thanks Aqua, but I'm just copying our educational system and lowering the standards :-)
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/06/20 02:50:09
    Stupid, tell me why...
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    We have not enough jobs for America and the President is taking more form us by allowing these people to stay plus he is still allowing 1 million legal immigrants into the country at the same time. He could have stopped 3 mullion people from entering the country and if he had ask to make E-verify the law and given businesses 6 moths to comply our unemployment would be much lower now.
  • bettyboop 2012/06/19 12:51:07
    bettyboop
    +1
    I understand that these young people have been here for years and deporting them would be hard for them. I got that. I don't dislike illegal immigrates. What I dislike is giving them aid that TAXPAYERS have paid for. If your not putting money into the pot, you should not be able to get money out of the pot. It is really that simple. Okay so you wanna come over here and work, you say you will do jobs most american's won't, fine then work. But don't start sucking on america's tit. Hell we have enough titty babies already. We have enabled them to suck on the tit for as long as they would like and have generations of american's who are nursed their whole life! We simply cannot afford to nurse anyone else.
  • Toby bettyboop 2012/06/25 19:03:56
    Toby
    There R 5 billion people in the world who live in countries poorer than Mexico. Like Mexicans—would come to the US in search of a "better life tomorrow . We would have 15 million Chinese here if there wrtr just a fence & not a ocean between us. We R not Noah's Ark. The US Citizens owe Mexico/ Mexicans NOTHING. We discriminate against other countries by allowing millions to come here, supporting them & not doing the same for 15 million from each & every country on this planet on the grounds of " They just want a better life. " We owe no country quarters in this country that come illegally, only prosecution. We cannot be the only country in the world that does not control its border . The people have not yet voted borders out of existence, we have to operate from the position that our country still has them & politicians elected to enforce the laws must do exactly that.
  • Haruko.Haruhara 2012/06/19 09:00:34 (edited)
  • 11 Phenomenon - eNews 2012/06/18 22:53:51
    Stupid, tell me why...
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +2
    If legal citizens can't get jobs why should illegals?
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/06/18 17:20:47
  • beach bum 2012/06/18 02:36:40
    beach bum
    +1
    wtf? is he trying to get more votes
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/06/17 23:16:21
  • Of Thee I Sing... 2012/06/17 21:12:05
    Stupid, tell me why...
    Of Thee I Sing...
  • Dana Of Thee... 2012/06/18 00:35:56 (edited)
    Dana
    +1
    Could agree, but in reality can not. Bottom line is this, Americans simply will not do most of the work that Mexican folks will. They just will, not do it. Unemployment is so high, yet so many will not work. And yes, I know many are trying desperatly to find work, but those are not jobs that the Mexican immigrants are doing. Those people do the bottom of the barrel of mean hard physical labor for very little pay in terrible working conditions. And bottom line is white boys will not do it. I have tried to hire people to just help me w/ some basics around here.,... barn cleanup, stall cleaning, stacking wood, taking a load to the dump etc... and over 10 years it has been near impossible to find ANYONE to come here and be consistent. I get thieves, druggies, anyone who just wants enough cash for a quick fix, then they are gone. I pay well too, at least I think so, $10-$12-even $15/hour, straight cash, and STILL can not get a lazy white boy to work. I tried to hire 3 teens yesterday to help me just load up some hay, these are kids, 14-15 years old, looking for extra cash.... and nope.... none of the 3 showed up today. Americans are spoiled rotten for the most part and useless. I am going to call a friend I know who does hire out Mexican men, and I do not k,now or care if they ar...
    Could agree, but in reality can not. Bottom line is this, Americans simply will not do most of the work that Mexican folks will. They just will, not do it. Unemployment is so high, yet so many will not work. And yes, I know many are trying desperatly to find work, but those are not jobs that the Mexican immigrants are doing. Those people do the bottom of the barrel of mean hard physical labor for very little pay in terrible working conditions. And bottom line is white boys will not do it. I have tried to hire people to just help me w/ some basics around here.,... barn cleanup, stall cleaning, stacking wood, taking a load to the dump etc... and over 10 years it has been near impossible to find ANYONE to come here and be consistent. I get thieves, druggies, anyone who just wants enough cash for a quick fix, then they are gone. I pay well too, at least I think so, $10-$12-even $15/hour, straight cash, and STILL can not get a lazy white boy to work. I tried to hire 3 teens yesterday to help me just load up some hay, these are kids, 14-15 years old, looking for extra cash.... and nope.... none of the 3 showed up today. Americans are spoiled rotten for the most part and useless. I am going to call a friend I know who does hire out Mexican men, and I do not k,now or care if they are legal or not, because I know these men will come over here and do a fabulous job for me and get the job done in a short afternoon. They are not druggies or drunks for thieves. Just plain good men who need the money and will actually work for it.
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 02:26:50
    Giantfan
    +1
    I doubt you'll get any serious comment from people (American Me) who use photoshopped pictures to prove their point. You'll have to lower yourself pretty much to get down to some peoples level here on Sodahead.
  • Dana Giantfan 2012/06/18 04:30:36
    Dana
    +1
    But it is fun shoving it in their faces, isn't it? :)

How are you?! Did you get to read the book? I just read Game Change about the '08 election and it was really really good. :)
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 18:09:19
    Giantfan
    +1
    I was just telling my wife the other day that Dana will be upset with me that I haven't read the books yet. I haven't even read the one I need to learm my photography program yet. It's been a long year running all over with my son's sports and me not having a great year my wife is back having her anxiety and I fell and my thumb is in a splint for the next 6 weeks, now my sons cross country practice started already. I don't get a break between his sports and our doctor appointments but I promise you I will get them read before summer vacation is over. As a matter of fact I need to relax and reading relaxes me. I think I'll start reading it tomorrow finish the one I started and then read my book for Paintshop Pro and then the second Palin book. I do apologize for not getting to them. When my wife has this problem it's really hard because she is so nervous all the time
    It seems you like to read about Palin. A glutton for punishment are you? LOL.
  • Dana Giantfan 2012/06/18 18:46:11
    Dana
    Ahhh.. I am so sorry to hear everything is so stressful. And honestly?? from me? If you want to relax... do not read that book about Palin... OMG.. no... it will not help you to feel better at all. Only will feel some relief in that she is not in the running for POTUS or anything else right now. But that book is such cold hard truths about her... from the man who was at her side... it is heart wrenching to think this women is the doll of the GOP when she is really just plain not only incompetent as hell, but is a downright incredibly nasty bitch too. And I mean every word of that.

Game Change actually had very little about Palin in it... it was mostly about the goings on behind the scenes of the Clinton and Obama campaigns, some of McCains and yes, some of Palins.... but mostly the first two. It was very enlightening, and just interesting in how whacked and nutty all these campaigns are. All these peoples opinions... trying to decide who has the bets idea and going with it. And all the crap that was pulled and who pulled it, and who was against it. Talked about the bail out too... Bush, his part in it, Boehner, all of them... and that was also interesting. Saddest part was what Obama really did want to accomplish and how he really thought he could... really thought that Congr...

Game Change actually had very little about Palin in it... it was mostly about the goings on behind the scenes of the Clinton and Obama campaigns, some of McCains and yes, some of Palins.... but mostly the first two. It was very enlightening, and just interesting in how whacked and nutty all these campaigns are. All these peoples opinions... trying to decide who has the bets idea and going with it. And all the crap that was pulled and who pulled it, and who was against it. Talked about the bail out too... Bush, his part in it, Boehner, all of them... and that was also interesting. Saddest part was what Obama really did want to accomplish and how he really thought he could... really thought that Congress would work together, and we all know what happened there. Also showed how incredibly studious Obama was about every single detail of our nations issues, world issues, the economy, the wars... he drilled people non stop for answers and really wanted to be the most prepared POTUS ever. And I think he was.

Again, I am so sorry for so much stress in your life. I HOPE things get mush better much sooner. Toss that book for now! Really! Save it for another time when you can enjoy it. Do you want me to send you Game Change? More fun, more prevalent too. How about watching BBC Americas Top Gear and just laughing non stop for awhile? That helps me!

Take care, sending you the best of wishes!
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 19:04:38
    Giantfan
    +1
    Thanks Dana I will read that first Palin book you said was the better one of the two to read. Once I start I like to finish it but it was just really bad timing the first time. If you still have the book lying around after the Christmas holidays then yes I'd like it but if you find someone who's wanting to read it just give it to them. You have been so kind already. I feel like a mooch and that's not me. I'm always giving things away. I do hope Hillary decides to run next time. i think she's make a great president. I like Obama but there was no way republicans would work with him and what a shame since the country was falling apart at the time he was elected. It just shows how little the republicans care about us. They only care about themselves and I only wish conservative voters could see this. Take care and I wish you a wonderful summer. Thanks for everything......
  • Dana Giantfan 2012/06/18 19:17:20
    Dana
    +1
    Best of luck to you and your family! I hope you get to settle down and relax some... you must... and you deserve it. :) I was happy to send you the books, please do not feel badly about it, I was happy to! Happy to send you this one when you want it too. :) I like to recycle!

Take care, many hugs!
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 19:19:29 (edited)
    Giantfan
    +1
    Thank you so much. I'm happy to consider you my friend.
  • Dana Giantfan 2012/06/18 19:31:52
    Dana
    +1
    Thank you Friend!
  • Toby Dana 2012/06/25 19:11:51
    Toby
    +2
    The personal qualities necessary for attaining office are practically the opposite of those demanded by the office itself. The trouble with the damn system is it selects for the skills needed to get elected, nothing else. A test that U can only pass by cheating can't possibly select honest people!
    Our current political system ensures not that the worst will get on top though they often do, but that the best will never even apply. Politics was never meant to be a profession, just like diapers they should be changed often for the same reasons !
  • Dana Toby 2012/06/25 19:18:32
    Dana
    I agree, great post!
  • Toby Dana 2012/06/25 18:53:20
    Toby
    +3
    That is absolutely incorrect. repeated endlessly, immigrants do jobs Americans won't. Americans want to get PAID for there work. Imagine the owner of the local store puts a sign up that says: Dishwasher wanted. $3.00 / hr.He leaves the sign up for a month, & no one apply's for the job. See? the owner says,Americans won't wash dishes. But billion in China who work for less than a dollar per hr. will. I need to import cheap workers from China (or Mexico).

Then he undercuts American wages,as a bonus, stick the taxpayer with the cost of the health care, educating his children, on & on.

Politicians talk about how our economy depends on illegal labor. A country should do its own work.
  • Dana Toby 2012/06/25 19:15:06 (edited)
    Dana
    I agree with you. But sadly our economy has used and abused immigrant workers for so long, they depend on it. Both sides (the farmer/ kitchen owner and the immigrant worker... depend on each other. ) And you are so correct, that then this worker does sometimes need medical care too, etc..

I used to board my horses at a place that had a young teen Mexican kid working there. He was about 16, all alone in this world. I was the only boarder, so they did not have anyone else to see this young kid working there. He lived in the tack room, nothing but a small shed w/ plywood walls, no insulation, nothing. He slept on a cot w/out even any blankets or pillows.. they gave him nothing. I found he was using my horses blankets and bandages to sleep with and stay warm. It sometimes snowed there, so could get very cold in the winter. He had nothing. They gave him 2 microwave meals a day, I read the box, calories of 300 each.. diet no less. For a kid working, hard work, 12 hours a day. He had a tiny microwave, that was all. he kept his food cool by putting in plastic bags and floating in a horses water tank. These idiots who did this to him were very well off, just pieces of crap as human beings. I took the poor kid to town, bought him tons of groceries and drinks, bedding, sleeping bag, pil...

I used to board my horses at a place that had a young teen Mexican kid working there. He was about 16, all alone in this world. I was the only boarder, so they did not have anyone else to see this young kid working there. He lived in the tack room, nothing but a small shed w/ plywood walls, no insulation, nothing. He slept on a cot w/out even any blankets or pillows.. they gave him nothing. I found he was using my horses blankets and bandages to sleep with and stay warm. It sometimes snowed there, so could get very cold in the winter. He had nothing. They gave him 2 microwave meals a day, I read the box, calories of 300 each.. diet no less. For a kid working, hard work, 12 hours a day. He had a tiny microwave, that was all. he kept his food cool by putting in plastic bags and floating in a horses water tank. These idiots who did this to him were very well off, just pieces of crap as human beings. I took the poor kid to town, bought him tons of groceries and drinks, bedding, sleeping bag, pillows, anything he needed that I could afford. It broke my heart to see such abuse of a poor immigrant kid who was too afraid to speak up. Owners wife of the stable found all the goods I had bought for the kid and asked me to take my horses out and leave the premises. I was glad to leave those barbaric people, but have worried about that poor kid for years since.
  • daniv Dana 2012/07/11 04:17:15
    daniv
    +2
    Very well said. If only more white people thought like you. I myself am an illegal trying to support a US citizen's child, and would love to be able to obtain a career in Med/assistant or some of that sort where I know my bilangual skills would be very helpful. I am currently a caregiver of american people, and I find it impossible to get to a better living with minimum pay. To all those women who aspire nothing but to live off social security n government this goes to you. WORK AND TRY BETTERING YOURSELVES SO US ILLEGALS DONT TAKE YOUR JOBS. munch of bums.
  • Proud Mexican-American 2012/06/17 20:50:47
    Smart, tell me why...
    Proud Mexican-American
    +2
    Obama is making a smart decision..he would be giving the permit to those who have been in the country before the age of 16(which most were brought by their parents and was NOT their decision),no criminal record,graduated high school or those who served in the military..and those who say that they are only going to take young Americans jobs is pure BS.why?because let's be honest most young Americans are not willing to clean RR and wash dishes!!
  • Toby Proud M... 2012/06/25 19:24:13
    Toby
    +2
    It seems to me this president is willing to do ANYTHING to win re-election, even if it means selling out hardworking Americans ! I've voted against any type of amnesty program, b/c my raising taught me, bad behavior should never be rewarded! These worthless politicians have never done the job elected to do or we would not find ourselves in the position to make these hard decisions. Its good Obama chooses not to go after law-abiding illegals, b/c rapists & murderers should always deport first, for our safety , however my instincts tell me this is just another abused policy by Obama and is just Obama playing politics!
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/06/17 19:11:26
    Stupid, tell me why...
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    He is hoping for thier votes. At the same time mad many mad about it.Hope it cost him more .
  • Dana Phyl *I... 2012/06/18 00:43:23
    Dana
    +2
    They can not vote, not US citizens... please tell me you are not this stupid, are you?

And even if they applied for citizenship... it would never be approved before the the time to register to vote.

Again... please tell me you are not this stupid!
  • Lee Dana 2012/06/18 01:06:18
    Lee
    +3
    He might tell you he's not that stupid, but he would be lying.

Most Right Wingers are incredibly stupid.
  • Dana Lee 2012/06/18 01:35:13
    Dana
    +3
    no kidding... :)
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 02:27:43 (edited)
    Giantfan
    +2
    Dana, she's "that" stupid.
  • Dana Giantfan 2012/06/18 04:32:08
    Dana
    +1
    I know,... but again it is fun pointing it out.

With Fixed news feeding these people day in and day out, they really do not stand a chance at learning any truths. Some may actually be capable... if they could just learn how to change the channel.
  • Giantfan Dana 2012/06/18 18:12:18
    Giantfan
    It's so easy for people to believe what they want to believe, it's harder to actually have to learn that you just may be wrong. Conservatives have a hard time admitting to a mistake. Me I admit a mistake every 5 minutes. It's no big deal.
  • Toby Giantfan 2012/06/25 19:41:00
    Toby
    +2
    This is not a political move? I find that hard to believe, since it’s an election yr.
    Lesson? Other than this administration is full of liars & Obama only helps non-wealthy groups when hes scrambling for his own electionl survival. It was fear of Republicans out-flanking Obama that got his administration to move. When Obama feared he would pay a political price from Republicans, all the excuses , terrible Republican opposition,divided country, intractable Congress with a 60 vote threshold suddenly evaporated. Faced with losing his own hide, Obama governed & made this move. It’s similar to his stance on gay marriage. Prior to his announced support for gay marriage, Obama backtracked He won't get my vote in Nov.
  • Giantfan Toby 2012/06/26 03:34:05
    Giantfan
    Toby the dems tried to get the "Dream Act" up for a vote before but once again republicans filibustered it and it never got voted on or it we would have had a reform bill passed already. Call it what you like it was the right thing to do. Do you really think the tea party republicans would let moderate republicans (all 3 that are left) pass immigration reform? Be serious. The republicas got stomped because their ideology is decades behind the democrats. You've (conservatives) been on the wrong side of history too many times. Civil rights, womens rights, gay rights and now immigration rights. Conservatives change only when they actually have no other choice fighting it tooth and nail all the way.
  • Giantfan Toby 2012/06/26 03:35:46
    Giantfan
    PS if you are against gay rights which is a civil right then by all means vote republican. We would rather have open minded people voting democratic. Thank you....
  • wysiwis 2012/06/17 13:25:35
    Stupid, tell me why...
    wysiwis
    +2
    It was illegal to start with! It will only encourage more illegals to come here. It was WRONG for Congress and Reagan to grant amnesty back in the 80's. It encouraged illegals to come here!
  • Brian 2012/06/17 12:41:38
    Brian
    +3
    Hopefully the immigrants who went through the process of becoming legal US citzens will be justifiably pissed and see this for the cheap insulting tactic that it is. This man has no more concern for their well-being than the last pair of socks he threw out.

2014/10/01 04:22:48