Obama gets called out by Anderson Cooper and MSNBC, for not taking a stance on Gay Marriage. Why do you think he wont speak up?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/08 13:58:58

• Dan™: Real Change, Not Fals... 2012/05/08 15:39:50
    He knows the country is divided 50/50 over it and doesn't want to lose votes ...
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +11
    Because Obama is a shrewd and cynical political opportunist. He has a history of trying to play both sides of any issue for maximum political benefit. Obama doesn't seem to really believe in any cause other than furthering his own political career and ambitions.

Maybe he'd be less opportunistic in a second term and pursue his true ideological goals -- if he actually has any -- and that's actually what scares me most about an Obama second term. As he told Medvedev, he'll be more "flexible" in his second term on a lot of issues. I don't personally care about the gay marriage issue. That's not my concern. My concern is Obama's true ideological position on a host of other issues that affect all of us, not just a small demographic.

• ☆ QueenAline 2012/05/10 00:46:39
    I think its because:
    ☆ QueenAline
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/05/09 18:34:20
    I think its because:
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Obamas gay, or at least Bi!
  • Patric Swampdo... 2012/05/10 15:35:24
    Patric
    +1
    HMM,, your on to some thing here,
    look at his partner,, mitchele , she is closer to his husband than wife...
  • Swampdo... Patric 2012/05/10 15:47:57
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    And her thinggy is bigger than his! This was not my conclusion but the observations of numerous others. Apparently Rahm Emanuel is one of his poofta buddies.
  • Patric Swampdo... 2012/05/10 16:36:09
    Patric
    +1
    OH CRAP..

too funny for tv..
  • C. C. Rider 2012/05/09 18:02:26
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    Obama is not here to solve EVERYONE's problems but this is good use of where a VP comes in. It is good team work as I see it.
    I think its because:
    +1
    No matter what he says there will be Americans that don't agree with him and as we know it's all about votes with Obama.
  • schjaz 2012/05/09 15:15:52 (edited)
    schjaz
    +1
    it's about trying to sit the fence (as usual) and take no responsibiltiy for his own words (as usual) and leading from behind (as usual) so that he squeak out another win for president.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/05/09 08:47:40
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Stumblin Bumblin Joe....opened the door and the NC vote just let that lil Terrier Coop in the what is now a huge opening and what will be bite marks on Barack Obamas pant legs!
    Anderson Cooper:
    wire terrier biting a pants leg
  • C. C. R... littleb... 2012/05/09 14:19:26
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    And this from some one who does know what a neighborhood watch is. LOL LOL
  • littleb... C. C. R... 2012/05/09 17:13:56
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Nice try! Self Defense is a Basic Right! One of the most basic!

And you're saying Bidens Gaff is not a problem for a guy who has yet to clearly state his case on the topic?

Or does Anderson get thrown a Milkbone by his hnadlers that pay him over 3 mil a year?
  • C. C. R... littleb... 2012/05/09 17:23:44
    C. C. Rider
    Self defense and neighborhood watch are two different things, Of course both of which need to come with pictures with you.

Obama will do just fine no matter what. Anderson had a good question. ehh such is politics.
  • littleb... C. C. R... 2012/05/09 19:57:23 (edited)
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    LMAOff....yeah...he'll do fine! He "evolved" in a day!

Yeah sure! I still have a "Picture" of three men who attempted a home invasion and my Pop popped a cap into one of them! This in a wealthy neighborhood! I also sat in court listening to the testimony of a girlfriend of mine who was raped repeatedly at gun point by Illegal Alien Gang Members who had done this to over 6 women and murdered ones husband!

Now take your "Tra La Laa the worlds a peaceful place" and draw an accurate picture!
  • C. C. R... littleb... 2012/05/09 20:51:33
  • littleb... C. C. R... 2012/05/09 20:58:13
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    I told you what kind of neighborhood!

Oh very simple to end this! You can borrow my zippo and lithe the wind you put into that large bag!

Stick your Crass attitude up your ASS!
  • C. C. R... littleb... 2012/05/14 01:53:30
    C. C. Rider
    You spew your Crass attitude up your ASS!
    Please keep your "gay side" under control. Who do you think you are? Romney? Next you will be wanting to cut my hair.
  • littleb... C. C. R... 2012/05/14 01:57:52
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    "Gay side"? So you're saying you are anti-gay? Your Sweet Cheeks just made a clear staement that disagrees with you views then!

Man you're a freakin wacko! Please find any thread of mine where I am a big Romney supporter? Oh & good luck!
  • C. C. R... littleb... 2012/05/30 15:29:58
    C. C. Rider
    No knuckle dragger, I made a statement I don't back closet gays who pick on gays. So that is what upset you? LOL

Of course you back Romney, when didn't you
  • littleb... C. C. R... 2012/05/30 15:49:15
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    "Knuckle dragger"? Oh that's funny! Lol...who says I'm "upset"? Not at all....it's just clear you're a Hick with NO real wit! The Loud Mouthed Lout thing get's droll!

Once again as you try to conjure up some lame comment. I am not a "Romney Supporter"!

Would I vote for him to get Dumbo (who you have a boner for) out of office? Maybe? I really have not decided.

Oh and my Brother is on Neighborhood Watch and when so carrys a gun! Perfectly legal! And as stated my family has defended itself from persons attempting illegal things with firearms legally & successfully!
  • Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/05/09 08:37:03
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +2
    President Obama is quite decided on the issue, and supporters of same sex marriage already know this. He is just keeping his mouth shut as not to alienate voters who are against same sex marriage and might not vote for him if he takes a position.
  • schjaz Brian T... 2012/05/09 15:17:08
    schjaz
    +2
    dead on.
  • Brian T... schjaz 2012/05/10 04:45:32
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +1
    In his statement issued today,
    he criticized North Carolina voters
    (a state he needs, but he did the same thing to Pennsylvania in 2008 and won there),
    and took a position on same sex marriage; he is for it.

Perhaps they are calculating that sitting on the fence would be more damaging than taking a position, not sure. But considering that even the blue areas of North Carolina went strongly for the amendment, and every other state that has put the issue on a ballot has turned down same sex marriage, I am not sure it was a very good strategic move. The "black vote" always goes about 90% for a Democrat presidential candidate, so no loss there, but the so called "hispanic vote" (which I do not think is a monolithic voting block to begin with) should take a major hit from this, and the Catholic Church's opposition to a second term for Obama.
  • schjaz Brian T... 2012/05/11 15:04:45
    schjaz
    +1
    But he is still sitting on the fence because he kicked the can down the road for others to make the decision by saying it should be left up to the states....he should feel the same about health care!!!! Why is that so different? Because he is pandering. Pandering to the Hollywood Elite Progressives, pandering to the poor, pandering to the minorities and college age, etc.
    He could be hurt by the Hispanics because, down here, they are still VERY Catholic.
  • Brian T... schjaz 2012/05/11 21:20:27
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +1
    The "hispanics" label is as good as "whites", as it means very little as far as a group of voters go. But yes, many people from the south of our southern border are indeed Catholic, and pro-life to boot. The only "hispanics" that will be voting for Obama are like their "white" counterparts, ones who want free stuff.

Obama panders well to Hollywood, he still has that down pat, but he needs to be concerned about the electorate in general, and the only groups of voters he has left are women voters (he has apparently not gone below 50% yet, which amazes me), and college age voters. Good luck to him winning an election when he has alienated and upset quite a few groups of voters.

The man is a damn fool, which we know, but talk about putting it on display, my goodness.
  • schjaz Brian T... 2012/05/12 16:34:57
  • Brian T... schjaz 2012/05/12 21:46:04
  • SoCal71 2012/05/09 07:39:51
    I think its because:
    SoCal71
    +1
    He has made his position clear. He is against it. This nonsense is a diversion to the facts that he is a failure.
  • schjaz SoCal71 2012/05/09 15:17:49
    schjaz
    +1
    i'm not sure he even has a real position nor that he cares...its about the votes for this guy.
  • SoCal71 schjaz 2012/05/09 20:05:00
    SoCal71
    +1
    Google it, his position is clear. He's 100% against it. Or at least until he can figure a way to get votes out of supporting it.
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/05/09 07:12:47
    I think its because:
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    This isn't the time for it. Biden said what he did, for whatever ridiculous reason, and it should left there. The GOP are going to go after him about the economy... stick with that for now....
  • littleb... Wilde~M... 2012/05/09 08:43:06
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Lol....Joe the Blockhead opened the door and the vote in NC blew a hole in it!
  • Wilde~M... littleb... 2012/05/10 04:42:31
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    Hey, I like Biden and it all worked out so no harm no foul
  • littleb... Wilde~M... 2012/05/10 04:59:27
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Oh good cause he like himself too!
  • Dee 2012/05/09 03:17:45
    I think its because:
    Dee
    +2
    It's an election year and he won't say anything either way for fear of losing votes.
  • rt 2012/05/09 01:20:30
    I think its because:
    rt
    He really hasn't made up his mind
  • wers 2012/05/09 00:35:39
    I think its because:
    wers
    I think it is because : "his rump ranger partner won't allow it" ???
  • Wilde~M... wers 2012/05/09 07:14:57
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    Is it that difficult to act like an adult and not use derogatory terms or is that beyond your abilities? Also please give proof to your claim please?!?!
  • wers Wilde~M... 2012/05/13 01:57:13
    wers
    Sorry, I am just not a "politically correct" pussy.....I say WHAT I THINK, and if you cannot handle it, toooooo bad.....as for "proof", you may wish to reread my statement, and take note of the "I THINK....." part.....which requires only my thoughts, not proof. Perhaps the "proof" lies hidden with the rest of Ofako's history.
  • Bob S 2012/05/08 23:31:52
    I think its because:
    Bob S
    +1
    If he comes (poor use of words) out and says yes then he offends the Christian right and loses votes. If he comes out (there I go again) then stands to lose money and votes with the gay/lesbian community. Once again he straddles the fence as he does with just about every evry major decision. If reelected he is going to have one hell of a time trying to catch up to the back log since 2009. What about the new challenges that he will face?
  • Arel 2012/05/08 23:29:17
    I think its because:
    Arel
    +2
    he is afraid of losing votes and he needs all he can get.

2014/11/23 17:29:17