Obama gets called out by Anderson Cooper and MSNBC, for not taking a stance on Gay Marriage. Why do you think he wont speak up?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/08 13:58:58

• Dan™: Real Change, Not Fals... 2012/05/08 15:39:50
    He knows the country is divided 50/50 over it and doesn't want to lose votes ...
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +11
    Because Obama is a shrewd and cynical political opportunist. He has a history of trying to play both sides of any issue for maximum political benefit. Obama doesn't seem to really believe in any cause other than furthering his own political career and ambitions.

Maybe he'd be less opportunistic in a second term and pursue his true ideological goals -- if he actually has any -- and that's actually what scares me most about an Obama second term. As he told Medvedev, he'll be more "flexible" in his second term on a lot of issues. I don't personally care about the gay marriage issue. That's not my concern. My concern is Obama's true ideological position on a host of other issues that affect all of us, not just a small demographic.

• keliffa 2012/05/08 16:10:52
    keliffa
    +2
    I believe he has said he is not for gay marriage- the media just wants to give him an opportunity to change his stance if the current tide of public opinion has changed in favor of.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/08 16:05:40
  • 4570GOVT POWERSH... 2012/05/08 16:21:13
    4570GOVT
    +7
    You Got It !
  • David Lindner 2012/05/08 16:04:25
    I think its because:
    David Lindner
    +3
    he isnt sure where he stands. those without a moral compass cannot determine whats best for the country, and the protection of the rights of others. this including banning gay marriage as well shows a weak moral compass.
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/05/08 16:02:02
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    My thoughts before i read the options. And he isn't ready to come out of the closet just yet. he's waiting until after his supposed re election. Sorry libbies, he's done done and done.
  • Assassi... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 16:40:47
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Assuming he is gay is very childish.
  • SK-pro ... Assassi... 2012/05/08 16:44:32 (edited)
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    Not assuming at all. Ask Larry. and obvious that their is some sugar in his tank. If it's not wrong to be gay in liberal views why is it so offensive to suggest he is gay? Why put up such a defense for him?
  • Ferηαηd... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 18:11:21
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    Can you provide a credible source that supports your claim that he is gay? Or are you like so many on this site have done getting your information from the National Enquirer?
  • SK-pro ... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 19:04:19
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    Go ask Larry. Why is it so offensive for you libs to have your messiah being called gay when in your views their is nothing wrong with being gay?
  • Ferηαηd... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 19:23:19
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    Like I predicted, you have not provided any credible sources for your claim. Thanks for playing.
  • SK-pro ... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 19:34:19
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    What part of "go ask Larry" do you not understand. And why don't you answer my question? too hard for you??
  • Ferηαηd... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 19:49:50
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    What part of credible evidence do you not understand? An unstable man paid by the National Enquirer to lie about the President isn't credible evidence. You can try again if you like.
  • SK-pro ... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 20:06:36
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    Can you show me the pay stub from the Enquirer? What's your proof of that?? I'd rather not see you try again to further embarrass yourself.
    Besides, the Enquirer, as full of lies as it is, is more credible than any Obama paid Communist News Network.
  • Ferηαηd... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 20:18:30
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    You need proof that the story appeared in one of those trashy mags?
    obama is gay national enquirer

Now please show me proof that supports and proves that what this Larry said is credible. I'm still waiting...
  • SK-pro ... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 20:23:29
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    I didn't say it wasn't in there, moron. I said show me proof that they paid Larry. You sure are getting upset, young man. you probably should stop, i hate to see you die of a coronary so young.
  • Ferηαηd... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 20:31:55
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    Well the implication of the lie detector test he took would suggest that he lied.

http://digitaljournal.com/art...

Publications often pay their sources for information whether factual or fabricated.

Point is the man is crazy and these publications often post false gossip to increase sales. The fact that you view him as a credible source is laughable. I have provided my proof. Why don't you stop dancing around providing proof for your original claim? :)
  • SK-pro ... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 20:45:43
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    Lie detectors are not fool proof. i see that he had no reason to lie.

• Assassi... Ferηαηd... 2012/05/08 19:27:24
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    The answer is no.
  • Assassi... SK-pro ... 2012/05/08 19:27:15
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    You honestly believe the word of a druggie, mentally ill man who failed two lie detectors?

Hey since you are so gullible, I have some beachfront property I will sell you really cheap.
  • "Shoote... Assassi... 2012/05/08 17:24:41
  • Assassi... "Shoote... 2012/05/08 19:27:49
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Inability to throw a baseball makes him gay? Dumb Dumb Dumb.
  • SK-pro ... Assassi... 2012/05/08 19:36:38
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    No inability does not make one gay, otherwise his inability to preside would be evidence on the grandest scale of someone being gay. it's his mannerisms the way throws (and swings a golf club) that is evident.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/05/08 15:59:14
    I think its because:
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +3
    votes !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kim 2012/05/08 15:49:55
    I think its because:
    Kim
    +4
    He has always prefered voting "Present"
  • David L... Kim 2012/05/08 16:05:18
    David Lindner
    +2
    hes impulsive for sure. look at his comments.
  • 4570GOVT Kim 2012/05/08 16:21:55
    4570GOVT
    +2
    BINGO !
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/05/08 15:49:17
    I think its because:
    Rusty Shackleford
    +4
    He opposes gay marriage and does not want to discourage his base.
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +11

• Rave Dan™: R... 2012/05/08 15:53:34
    Rave
    +2
    It's too bad Mitt Romney has also been known to be one of the less discrete flip-floppers and biggest opportunists of the last decade.

You Americans surely have a pretty tough and rather limited choice ahead.
  • Dan™: R... Rave 2012/05/08 16:16:11
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +7
    "You Americans surely have a pretty tough and rather limited choice ahead."

Very true, Romney is indeed a flip-flopper and it is a very limited choice. I'm not a Romney supporter. But I don't really think it's a tough choice. Obama has been a failure and he must go. We need a new direction and a new leader.
  • 4570GOVT Dan™: R... 2012/05/08 16:27:51
    4570GOVT
    +3
    You Are Correct , Sir ! ............. for the same reason Obama voted " Present in the senate " ( to avoid taking sides on ANYTHING that may come back to bite him . )
    I agree with you though . This Gay Marriage Issue & Abortion Issue are nothing but a side show to get is OFF POINT ! There are Much More Important Things To Worry About .
  • WinterLynn 2012/05/08 15:38:25
  • Dan™: R... WinterLynn 2012/05/08 15:42:59
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +4
    Obama is not a Muslim. Obama is an atheist pretending to be a Christian for reasons of political expediency. He is indeed sympathetic to Muslims, but that doesn't make him a Muslim.
  • Assassi... Dan™: R... 2012/05/08 16:41:46
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    HA!! Now that IS MUCH closer to the truth, than that silly Muslim nonesense. No Muslim would have him. LOL
  • "Shoote... Assassi... 2012/05/08 19:20:13
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +2
    Once a muslim always a muslim.
  • Assassi... "Shoote... 2012/05/08 19:28:36
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Dumb Dumb Dumb.
  • WinterLynn "Shoote... 2012/05/08 19:49:45
  • Dan™: R... WinterLynn 2012/05/10 23:58:56 (edited)
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    "Everyone knows that if the father is a Muslim who practices Islam than his children are also Muslim."

This may be true, but that's sort of a technicality. What really matters is whether Obama considers himself a muslim. I don't think he does.

For example, I was born and raised within the Mormon tradition, although I long ago left the church and am no longer religious at all. Mormons sort of view their members the same way as muslims. If you were ever once a member, they always consider you a member, whether you still consider yourself a member of the church or not. They simply classify you as an "inactive" member. They don't acknowledge that someone who was a Mormon can ever be a non-member.

But what's important is what the individual considers himself to be. Using your argument about Obama's muslim background and applying it to my Mormon example, I'd be quite offended if you insisted that I really am still a Mormon just because the Mormon church classifies me as an inactive member. I reject their classification.

Do you see my point?
  • WinterLynn Dan™: R... 2012/05/11 14:47:24
  • Dan™: R... WinterLynn 2012/05/15 01:06:45 (edited)
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    "I see your point and its well taken however Obama embraces Muslims. He has said that the Islam call to Prayer is the most beautiful sound in the world. He has also embraced the Muslim Brotherhood and always defends Muslims. He has gone to far as to say we are not at war with Muslims."

Again, on all of these points I don't disagree with you. He does indeed embrace muslims. But what are his motives for this? Is it out of shared religious conviction? I don't know, but I don't think so for the reasons I mentioned before. Is it because Obama is an idealistic appeaser who things the open hand will move U.S. foreign policy further than a clenched fist? Again, I don't know his motives for certain, but I do think there's an element of idealistic (and naîve) appeasement at work in his worldview. Is it because Obama prefers to empathize with anti-American sentiments around the world or wants to be seen as open-minded by such anti-American elements? I think so. I think there's a very strong case, based upon Obama's own speeches and policies over the past 3+ years, to argue that Obama has deep sympathies with and a desire to influence those who harbor anti-American sentiments.

As far as Obama's undeniable ties with and support of SEIU and ACORN, neither of those organizations has a major ...

&

As far as Obama's undeniable ties with and support of SEIU and ACORN, neither of those organizations has a major muslim influence, as despicable as they may be.

As far as Obama's supposed Christian faith, I personally don't believe he's a serious Christian theist either; but that doesn't mean he's therefore a muslim. That's sort of my point: I don't think Obama gives any evidence in his speeches or actions that he takes ANY particular religious belief very seriously -- certainly not as seriously as a passionate believer. He speaks of religion in culturally relativistic & ecumenical terms, rather with a believer's conviction.

"A Christian who follows the Holy Bible would not flip on the Gay Marriage issue."

Well, there are actually Christians who don't object to gay marriage, but I would also point out to you that a muslim who follows the Koran also wouldn't flip-flop on the gay marriage issue. In many muslim countries, homosexuals are put to death. So that point seems to undermine your thesis that he's secretly a devout muslim.

2014/09/21 20:23:09