Obama Derangement Syndrome: The Wild Attacks On Obama's Trayvon Martin Comments

Foxy Warrior Guru 2012/03/29 07:35:28
It never ceases to amaze how the wingnuts will jump on ANY excuse to attack Obama.
March 28, 2012 12:39 pm ET

Right-wing media have attacked President Obama for his recent comments about shooting victim Trayvon Martin and his family, accusing Obama of "inject[ing]" himself into the debate using "racial code" and claiming that his statement is evidence that "he's got it in for this country."

Obama Expressed Sympathy For Trayvon Martin And His Family

Obama: "If I Had A Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon." In a March 23 appearance to announce Dr. Jim Kim as president of the World Bank, President Obama was asked by a reporter to "comment on the Trayvon Martin case." Obama responded by calling the incident a "tragedy" and saying, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." From the White House:

Q: Mr. President, may I ask you about this current case in Florida, very controversial, allegations of lingering racism within our society -- the so-called do not -- I'm sorry -- Stand Your Ground law and the justice in that? Can you comment on the Trayvon Martin case, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I'm the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I've got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we're not impairing any investigation that's taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together -- federal, state and local -- to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I'm glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what's taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we're going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/23/remarks...

Right-Wing Media Claim Obama Used "Racial Code" To "Pour Gas On The Fire"

J. Christian Adams: Obama "Injected Himself Into" Martin Case "Using Racial Code." On the March 28 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, former Justice Department employee and right-wing activist J. Christian Adams claimed Obama "injected himself" into the case using "racial code." From Fox & Friends:

BRIAN KILMEADE (co-host): Besides Eric Holder, is there a fear of inflaming race relations if you crack down on people who want to inflame race relations like the Black Panther Party.

ADAMS: Well, there's a fear among some, but there's no fear among people like Al Sharpton. He doesn't care about inflaming race --

KILMEADE: He was there in a matter -- in hours.

ADAMS: That's right. And even the president has inserted himself in a racial way saying that Trayvon looks like he might be his --

KILMEADE: You think wrongly?

ADAMS: Absolutely wrongly. No president in our country's history would have injected himself into a criminal matter using racial code like Barack Obama did. http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201203280002

Fox's Ablow Offers "Diagnosis" Of Obama's Comments: "He's Got It In For This Country." On the March 27 edition of Fox Business' Lou Dobbs Tonight, Fox News contributor Dr. Keith Ablow reacted to Obama's comments by claiming, "It's irresistible to this president to enter the fray when there seems to be an opportunity for a kind of furious splitting," and said that his "diagnosis" of the president is, "He's got it in for this country." From Lou Dobbs Tonight:

ABLOW: It is outrageous to me. It's beneath the office to be reaching into one case as opposed to many others. There are tragedies, believe me, I am a forensic psychiatrist. There are enough tragedies to go around that if the president wanted to comment on all of them, that would be his whole job. It's irresistible to this president to enter the fray when there seems to be an opportunity for a kind of furious splitting. How can I make a comment that aligns with those I feel are oppressed, and marginalizes those I feel have been oppressive? And that is a call to the president he can't seem to resist.

ABLOW: It's time, probably -- it's been overdue that we believe the data. Like as a psychiatrist, there is a certain point when you get a diagnosis. You say, "OK, look, absent something that refutes this, this is the diagnosis." A president who hangs around with Reverend Wright, whose wife said she was never proud of this country, has an edge. He's got it in for this country. At moments when there is an opportunity to fracture the unity, he does. http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201203270020

Fox's Dobbs: The Trayvon Martin "Controversy" Was "In Part Created By The President Himself." Earlier on the March 27 Lou Dobbs Tonight, host Lou Dobbs claimed:

DOBBS: As we reported here yesterday, it's highly unusual for the president to comment on shootings publicly, even the hundreds of shooting deaths that have taken place in his hometown of Chicago each year since he took office. They've gone without presidential comment. So why would his campaign suddenly advertise hooded sweatshirts in the middle of a national controversy in part created by the president himself? http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201203270019

Malkin: "Barack Obama Is All Too Willing To Pour Gas On The Fire" Of The Martin Story. In a March 23 post on her blog, conservative commentator Michelle Malkin wrote:

This week, progressives and lib media activists elevated a tragic Florida shooting involving a 17-year-old boy into the cause celebre of the week. Over at my new startup, Twitchy, our editorial team has covered all aspects of the story. But for the past several days, zealous libs on Twitter have demanded that I "say something." Why? Because they've turned the horrible death of Trayvon Martin into a racial litmus test.

And now, Barack Obama is all too willing to pour gas on the fire.

What do Trayvon's race and looks have to do with anything? The political opportunism undercuts the very "seriousness" Obama purports to display. http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/23/the-trayvon-martin-racia...

Daily Caller Suggests Obama "Jumped Into The Fight" Due In Part To "Demands By The New Black Panthers." In a March 23 post, Daily Caller reporter Matthew Boyle suggested Obama "jumped into the fight" following "demands by the New Black Panthers and others on scene in Sanford, Fla." From The Daily Caller:

Obama and the White House had previously refrained from commenting on the case. Following demands by the New Black Panthers and others on scene in Sanford, Fla. that the White House get involved, Obama jumped into the fight. When first asked about the case, White House spokesman Jay Carney essentially declined comment, offering a boilerplate statement of condolence to Martin's family. http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/23/obama-comments-on-trayvon-m...

Hoft Reacts To Obama's Statement By Claiming Obama Thinks, "It's All About Me!" In a March 23 post on Gateway Pundit, Jim Hoft wrote: "It's all about me! Barack Obama says, 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.' Funny how everything always revolves around planet Obama, huh?" http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/obama-weighs-in-on-ra...

Read More: http://mediamatters.org/research/201203280003?lid=...

• Jeremiah 2012/03/29 19:21:20
    Jeremiah
    +25
    They are really stretching on this one, but Fox and the others are dedicated to finding fault with everything Obama does and says. It might be racially motivated, but both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton got the same kind of treatment.

I can't imagine anyone finding anything to criticize in Obama's remarks about Trayvon Martin, but they do anyway. Obama saying Trayvon might look like his own son adds a personal touch to a tragic situation, and it was true. If he had a son, he could look like Trayvon. What is the problem?

• truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/19 02:38:07
    truthzx95
    that premise of yours is ridiculous. like i would be voting in my best interest to cast a vote for a marxist? how laughable. sorry jere-boy, you can't polish a turd. there is no luster left on obama. he cannot fool the stupid in america any longer. his dismal record of failure is there for all to see. i would really like to be able to say i have faith in my fellow man, but they were stupid enough to elect this buffon the first time so i'm cautiously optomistc. ignorant leftists vote against their own best interests all the time. take a good look at who has been hurt by obamas policies the worst. it's the middle class. but, there are too many people who were born democrats, support democrats, and vote for democrats. it's their family history. so they support these leftists no matter what. to bad these poor saps don't know how communists and marxists have infiltrated, and taken over the democrat party. long gone are the days of truman and jfk.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/19 02:52:11 (edited)
    Jeremiah
    +3
    How can you say his policies have hurt the middle class when his auto company bailout resulted in more than a million jobs saved or created, and ARRA has saved or created five million jobs so far? I believe jobs are important to the middle class, far more so than tax cuts for the rich.

Remember, Romney opposed the auto company bailout, and he wanted the foreclosure process to take its course. It is easy enough for him to talk like that; he is in no danger of losing a job or one of his many homes, including the one with the elevators for his cars.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/19 03:06:28
    truthzx95
    +1
    obama took general motors away from the share holders and gave control to corrupt unions. he then forced them to make a car that no one wanted. tax payer funded government take overs are not good fiscal policy. GM could have restructred and they would have been better off. you think it's a good thing that the president of the United States has the power to fire a ceo of a private company? obviously you do and there is more proof that you are wrong about everything you think and believe.

still hung up on the class warfare thing, sad.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/19 03:20:35
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Then why is GM back on top in the auto world? Their profits are breaking records, and people seem to want their cars. They are in the process of repaying the loans, and they will soon be clear of any government control, which they requested, if you can remember that far back.

It was a shame about their shareholders, but their stock was practically worthless anyway. How were the unions given control? They gave back wages and benefits, but it was worth it to save their jobs.

Take a look at Chrysler. They have repaid their loans, and they are introducing new models that people are definitely interested in. A lot of it has to do with Fiat, of course, but without the bailout Chrysler would now be defunct.

How does any of this relate to "class warfare?" What do you do, look around for talking points, and this time you came up with "class warfare?" Don't try for concepts you don't understand.

The real class warfare is in the Ryan budget, which Romney endorses. Take a look at the Catholic bishops opinions on it.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/21 13:37:11
    truthzx95
    +1
    the entire obama campaign strategy is based on class warfare. everything within liberalism is about envy of other people.
    your OPINIONS about GM and chrysler are just completely untrue.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/21 15:54:58
    Jeremiah
    +3
    How are they untrue?

Class warfare? Now we are parroting RW talking points? The only "class warfare" I see is the Ryan budget, the one where we are supposed to take from those who need it most and give to those who need it least.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/22 04:20:22
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/22 04:21:38
    truthzx95
    +1
    you haven't even read the ryan budget. what the hell makes you think you are qualified to comment on it! answer: leftist elitism.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/22 04:58:27
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Thanks for another cut and paste. Why not simply provide a link so we can read it for ourselves. You did not provide a source for your C&P.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/22 04:59:11
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Actually, I have. Have you? Silly question.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/22 14:17:40
    truthzx95
    back to that type of diversion again? of course you are. that's all you leftists ever do. diversion, deception, and deflection. the campaign strategy of a closeted communist.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/22 14:18:17
    truthzx95
    actually, you are a liar.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/22 21:56:53 (edited)
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Have you read it? It would be nice if you have, so we could have something to discuss. I really am growing weary of your name calling.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/22 21:57:16
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Actually, you are an idiot.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/24 20:33:09
    truthzx95
    "I really am growing weary of you name calling."
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/24 20:33:44
    truthzx95
    liar.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/25 04:48:05
    Jeremiah
    +3
    I don't call names, so you must mean someone else.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/25 15:27:26
    truthzx95
    in typical leftist denial fashion, you people think you can run from your lies no matter if they are in print or on video. here is a direct quote, "Actually, you are an idiot." see what a liar you are and in the next breath you deny it! no wonder you crazy people are never taken seriously.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/25 17:49:45
    Jeremiah
    +3
    You are persistent, I will give you that. You never make sense, but you are persistent.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/26 12:34:15
    truthzx95
    so you deny posting this comment? and this makes no sense how? and you crazed leftists wonder why you get called names.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/26 12:35:21
    truthzx95
    you just blurt out un-controlled leftist bull$hit that you pull right out of your a$$. "quantum shift", what a laugh!
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/26 20:43:39
    Jeremiah
    +3
    I don't deny it. It was a statement of truth.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/26 20:44:18
    Jeremiah
    +3
    I can't help it if you can't understand the king's English, my friend.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/26 23:51:15
    truthzx95
    well, like everything else you think and believe, you are wrong again.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/26 23:52:29
    truthzx95
    and it's not my fault that you deny being a communist, and that everything you think and believe has zero basis in reality.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/27 01:09:07
    Jeremiah
    +2
    How so?
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/27 01:09:38
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Do you see communists in your porridge every morning?
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 02:21:50
    truthzx95
    really hard for you to keep up, isn't it?
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 02:22:43
    truthzx95
    nope, just the elected ones in the democrat party, and loons like you on this web site.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 09:39:43 (edited)
    Jeremiah
    +3
    You can't see me in your rear-view mirror because I am way ahead of you.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 09:40:48
    Jeremiah
    +3
    How long did it take you to come up with that one? A real knee slapper. Not.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 14:30:06
    truthzx95
    how can you make such a stupid claim? easy, you are an out of your mind leftist ideologue who actually believes and hopes that the world will be better when capitalism and the economy in america is destroyed.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 14:35:11
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 16:38:22 (edited)
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Since you linked two items in your last sentence, it should be "are destroyed." You can thank me later.

Now, what was your point? Agenda 21? No such thing. You can stop lying awake at night.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 16:39:26
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Your point? Who created this nonsense?
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 22:17:08
    truthzx95
    +1
    wow, you are sooo compelling with your ridiculous replies. i noticed you had no refutation and you only resorted to grammatical corrections. typical. you actually believe this is a debating strategy. hilarious.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 22:19:51
    truthzx95
    point is, you are clueless, and you have the utter stupidity to claim that you are "way ahead of me." you have no idea what is taking place in this country right under your nose. or, you have complete knowledge, and are to big a chicken$hit to admit it. another term of a marxist president will destroy capitalism. but then again, this is what all you leftist loons hope for.
  • truthzx95 Jeremiah 2012/04/28 22:21:23
    truthzx95
    +1
    it's hilarious to watch you people squirm when the truth of your agenda is exposed. it's even funnier to listen to you call it nonsense.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 23:39:53
    Jeremiah
    +3
    There was nothing else in the post to comment on. I was impressed that you could string so many words together.
  • Jeremiah truthzx95 2012/04/28 23:41:47
    Jeremiah
    +3
    Obama is a committed capitalist, and he governs from the center-right. People like Paul Ryan are the radicals, which was ably pointed out by Newt Gingrich before he delved into his moon fantasies.

2014/08/22 23:34:51