Obama Decides To Not Release Osama Death Photo.

Kiki 2011/05/04 17:29:29
Yes!
No!
Did Obama make the right choice?

• Cookielane 2011/05/04 18:14:02
    Yes!
    Cookielane
    +11
    “Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaeda killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the Internet,” said Representative Mike Rogers, Republican of Michigan and chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. “Osama bin Laden is not a trophy. He is dead, and let’s now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaeda has been eliminated.”

New York Times May 4, 2011

• Diamond Girl 2011/05/05 12:06:20 (edited)
  • Kiki Diamond... 2011/05/05 12:31:27 (edited)
    Kiki
    +1
    I've lived in Muslim nations. I just returned from working for 8 months in Tunisia, there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Muslims who aren't sure what to believe about the US government. The US government showing off, for the world to see the US gloat over having finally killed Osama, the death photo of Osama doesn't make the US a noble nation. It doesn't make the US appear any better than the terrorists who publish the photos of the people they've murdered.

There is a point when people/a nation, with integrity, takes the high road. If you are the type of person who will get your feelings repaired by tarnishing the image of the US just so you can rub the noses of Muslims in the fact that the ENTIRE MIGHT of the US military took nearly 10 years to kill someone it targeted then you wont understand the concept of taking the high road and behaving with integrity and dignity.

Keep in mind, the US is better than the terrorists or the Muslims you seemingly hate.

FYI...I had a fiance and future sister-in-law in the South Tower who were murdered on 9/11 as well as the man who raised my siblings and I after our parents were killed when I was a teenager. He was at the Pentagon....If you want to compare hurt feelings and the pain of loss, let me know.
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/05 13:19:57
    John   "BN 0"
    +5
    Instead of showing the photos maybe we should have sent them his head. The Muslims should rejoice in the fact that Osama is dead. Showing the picture isn't gloating its a show of strength and it show's them that if we can catch Osama we can hunt them down too. The terrorist leaders will say we are lying and that he isn't dead so they will continue the fight, we need to show them we are a strong nation and we will not tolerate terrorism. I am tired of worrying about the Muslims. If these guys were killing in the name of Christianity the Christians would stand up and condemn them, the Muslims seem to want to stand by and let it happen without saying a word,
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 13:36:29
    Kiki
    +2
    The people who don't want to believe Osama is dead would say the photos were PhotoShopped.

Personally, I don't care what the Radical Muslim terrorists think. I do care what impact the actions the US takes has on Muslims who aren't sure what to believe about the US, of which there are MILLIONS. I do care that the US remains a noble nation and acts with integrity rather than the blood lust of the Americans who believe gloating over killing Osama somehow sends a positive message.
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/05 13:42:34
    John   "BN 0"
    +2
    What exactly do the Muslims think of us? I don't see any of them standing up and saying anything about the "radical Muslims"
  • Artist~... John ... 2011/05/05 15:05:47
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Well said! There are a few, too damn few. If they truely hate the radical muslims as any sane person would there should be a lot LOT more speaking out! We're not hearing squat, especially from their leaders.
  • John ... Artist~... 2011/05/05 15:13:39
    John   "BN 0"
    +1
    I was hoping Kiber could shed some light on this since she has been spending time with them. I really would like to know why they aren't pissed off that people are doing this in the name of their religion.
  • Artist~... John ... 2011/05/05 15:22:38
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    The few muslims I knew in college wouldn't be for any of this!
  • John ... Artist~... 2011/05/05 15:26:16
    John   "BN 0"
    +1
    I know they all don't approve, probably most don't but I just don't get why they aren't up voicing their opinions. They should be on the front lines defending their religion and standing with Americans.
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 16:46:45
    Kiki
    +1
    Here are links to several websites with links to COUNTLESS Muslim leaders and organizations who've spoken out against Radical Muslim terrorists and terrorism.
    Source
    Source
    Source
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/05 17:51:21
    John   "BN 0"
    +1
    I briefly looked through the links, I am at work so I can't take the time to read them all but the one thing I did not find was action against the terrorists. I see a lot of talk but no action. It looks like to me like they are afraid to kill these people because they are fellow Muslims. I will look through them more later. Thank You.
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 20:29:52
    Kiki
    Most people organizations aren't in the position to take action against Muslim terrorists. You seemingly fail to comprehend the FACT that the US wouldn't be able to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan without the support of numerous Muslim nations.
  • EdWhite... Artist~... 2011/05/05 19:42:26
    EdWhiteSpace
    +2
    That is because those that speak out are killed. More muslims die and live in fear of the radicals than any others.
  • Artist~... EdWhite... 2011/05/05 20:29:19
    Artist~PWCM~
    Only thing that makes sense...
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 16:11:05
    Kiki
    +1
    Actually, I've spent a VAST amount of time the past 10 years, living for months at a time, in Muslim nations. For the most part, most Muslims don't really know what to believe about the US. They see images of the death and destruction caused by US troops in Muslim nations. They see countless images of the "immoral debauchery" that goes on in the US and what they perceive as the vulgarization of women in the US. The Muslim world sees more and more Americans being unable to distinguish between Radical Muslims and REGULAR Muslims who don't see this as their fight. Do you hear vast numbers of Christians, in foreign nations, taking a stand against the Crazy Westboro Baptist Church?

You fail to understand, in most Muslim nations people don't have the security and/or right to speak out against other Muslims. Heck, in France people aren't permitted to speak unfavorably about anyone, even Radical Muslims. Believe it or not, not every nation permits the same level of free speech as does the US.

I travel all over the world and I assure you, I'd rather the rest of the world view the US in a better light than they view Radical Muslims/terrorist.
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/05 17:45:08
    John   "BN 0"
    I have been to France and most of Europe for that matter and I've never heard of them not having free speech. Every country I've been in had a favorable view of the United States. Everyone I talked to wanted their country to be more like ours.

westboro church is nothing but a bunch of idiots, I have yet to meet anyone personally who likes them. If they started to kill Muslims in the name of Christianity they would all be jailed, we would not tolerate that. So I guess thats what we expect of the Muslims, if they really believe that the other Muslims are wrong they should police there own people. When they don't take matters in to their own hands we see that as tolerance. They should be mad at the terrorists not us, we would be more than happy to leave them alone if they keep the terrorist in their own country.
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 20:35:42
    Kiki
    Most European countries have laws restricting hate speech. France has among the most stringent and punitive criminal and civil laws prohibiting hate speech.
    Source

I've not heard any great outcry, especially from foreign Christians, regarding the repugnant behaviour of Westboro Baptist Church. You don't seemingly understand, just because an issue is that of the United States, it's not an issue for the rest of the world. Muslim nations are busy protecting the citizens within their own nations against Radical Muslims. More Muslims have been murdered by Radical Muslims than westerners/Americans.
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/06 15:31:01
    John   "BN 0"
    The church nuts are only talking thats why you don't see anything being done. If they were cutting Muslim heads off you can bet they would be stopped. So thats not really the same as whats going on with Muslims. The radical Muslims are doing way more than free speech.
  • Diamond... Kiki 2011/05/05 14:02:06
  • Steve ☮... Kiki 2011/05/05 14:47:22
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    "Keep in mind, the US is better than the terrorists or the Muslims you seemingly hate."

Most of the PEOPLE of the USA are better than terrorists. The US government is not. They are the terrorists.
  • John ... Diamond... 2011/05/05 13:10:12
    John   "BN 0"
    +3
    He does seem to worry more about them than he does us. I can't wait to vote him out.
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 13:37:25
    Kiki
    +1
    Actually, Obama NOT releasing the death photo of Osama is, for the first time ever, Obama thinking about the US rather than thinking about Obama's ratings in the polls.
  • John ... Kiki 2011/05/05 13:43:37
    John   "BN 0"
    +3
    I don't think Obama wanted him killed.
  • Kiki John ... 2011/05/05 16:47:52
    Kiki
    WOW! Now you're a mind reader. You're just awesome!
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/06 17:37:03
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    Yeah, but that victory lap at the world trade yesterday was looking him thinking about the polls. He is definitely milking it.
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/06 19:42:17 (edited)
    Kiki
    The whole Obama Victory Tour after the CIA obtained intel, surveilled Osama's compound for 8 months and the SEALS executed the kill operation is nothing but Obama taking credit for doing nothing more than continuing the Bush doctrine to get Osama.

Like my original comment states, Obama making the correct choice in NOT releasing Osama's death photo proves that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once in a while.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/07 02:14:25 (edited)
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    I was just responding to that comment, not your poll question.

I must say Kiber, I really do find you very objective between the political parties. Your thoughts are worth reading! Even if we may disagree. ;)
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/07 02:23:31
    Kiki
    +1
    Thank you. If anything, I am objective. Often times, my objectivity gets me branded as a RWNJ or a Loony Liberal. I am neither. Like my tag line says....
    I'm an American, not a Republican or a Democrat.

Americans need to realize, the only people who win when Americans cheer on a political party like they're a sports team, are the politicians. It's in the best interest of politicians to keep Americans divided.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/07 02:28:54
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    Well, I do have a philosophy of what government should be. I do support one side because it best fits, though they disappoint often. I remember being like you many years ago, but i decided at some point that it's best to commit to one side. Jumping back and forth really doesn't accomplish anything. The parts of me that might be sympathetic with the liberals, I trust that when Liberals gain power they will enact them. But I definitely do support Conservatives because I'm definitely Conservative in my bones. :)
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/07 02:36:11 (edited)
    Kiki
    +1
    I'm socially very liberal but twice as fiscally conservative. It makes for a difficult decision, for me, when it comes to voting.

One thing the Republicans should think about when it comes time to nominating a candidate, Independents are who elect the POTUS and if Republicans would stop trying to dictate adult behaviour and just worry about electing someone to focus on competently running the US, and stay out of people's private lives, there would never be a reason for Independents or moderate Democrats to ever again vote for a Democrat.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/07 04:36:11
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    Yeah well, I'm passionately pro-life. Sorry if that goes against your beliefs.
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/07 13:33:41 (edited)
    Kiki
    I'm passionately pro-choice and truly believe the US government doesn't have the authority to tell women how they deal with their personal health issues. Thankfully, the US Supreme court agrees and doesn't grant random strangers the right to determine a woman's health choices.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/08 00:22:05
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    Well, I believe the unborn child has a right to life and liberty. It's a balance of rights. To me the death of the child does not equate to a few months of inconvenience. There were a score of choices to prevent the pregnancy. After all those choices were ingnored, the child is supposed to die over a few months of inconvenince? No that is not justice. That choice of killing the innocent, the voiceless, the powerless is an incredible injustice.
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/08 01:32:21
    Kiki
    Okay...You'll afford human rights to an embryo, above a living breathing human but you're one of those people who were all good with killing Osama, and denying illegal aliens the right to live in the US to pursue a better life.

Let me see if I have this straight, you believe embryos have more rights than humans. Rather odd sense of morality.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/08 04:23:43
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    You are putting words in my mouth. No, they have the right to life over inconvenience. If the mother's life were at stake, I would accept abortion in that case. The balance of rights needs to be assessed.
  • Kiki Marlow ... 2011/05/08 12:35:20
    Kiki
    Ohhh, so you're okay with abortion just so long as it meets your criteria.
  • Marlow ... Kiki 2011/05/09 01:11:32
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    I am not ok with the killing of human beings. The privacy argument is ridiculous. That tells me it should be legal to kill my neighbor as long as I do it in the privacy of my home. No, murder is murder. And the killing of the voiceless, the innocent, the powerless for the sake of inconvenience is as immoral as anything I can think of.
  • Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2011/05/05 11:56:57
    No!
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +3
    Definitely the wrong decision. If you want to read the best commentary on this, read Alan Deshowitz here:
    http://online.wsj.com/article...
  • texasred Marlow ... 2011/05/05 23:06:58
  • Marlow ... texasred 2011/05/06 02:33:48
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +2
    I agree with you Tex.

2014/11/23 11:12:03