Obama Campaign Prepping Thousands Of Lawyers For Election Challenges

Yankee Traveler 2012/06/27 23:11:55

The mainstream media refers to it as "a mass of legal support that appears to be unrivaled by Republicans or precedent." Thousands of election law attorneys are volunteering for the Obama campaign, no doubt to challenge voter ID enforcement, among other things.

Romney has been organizing his own legal help for the election. Campaign attorney Ben Ginsberg did not provide numbers but said the campaign has been gratified by the "overwhelming number of attorneys who have volunteered to assist."

"We will have enough lawyers to handle all situations that arise," he said.

The GOP doesn't necessarily need to have a numerical counterweight to Obama's attorneys; the 2000 election showed that experienced, connected lawyers on either side can be effective in court.

Former White House counsel Robert Bauer, who is organizing the Obama campaign's legal deployment, said there is great concern this year because he believes GOP leaders around the county have pursued new laws to impede the right to vote.

"The Republican Party and their allies have mapped out their vote suppression campaign as a response to our success in 2008 with grass-roots organization and successful turnout," Bauer said. "This is their response to defeat: changing the rules of participation so that fewer participate."

Several states with Republican leaders have recently pursued changes that could make voting more difficult, including key states such as Florida and Ohio, despite objections from voting rights groups that believe that the laws could suppress votes from low-income and minority blocs.

Republicans dispute that the laws are political, pointing to cases of election fraud and arguing that measures like those requiring voters to show identification are simply common sense.

Independent from the Romney team, a conservative group is prepping an Election Day team of its own to combat possible fraud.

Catherine Engelbrecht, president and founder of True the Vote, said the organization hopes to train and mobilize up to one million volunteers this year, many of them to serve poll watchers. One of the group's main initiatives is to "aggressively pursue fraud reports."

Republican poll watchers in Chicago have been known to suffer from intimidation and outright violence directed against them, so poll watchers are not always the best solution. But you can bet that the Democrats will seek to de-legitimize Romney's victory any way they can.

After all, the president has done such a great job, who would want to vote against him?

• maggiemay 2012/06/28 14:25:26
    maggiemay
    +1
    Humm, and who is paying for all these lawyers.
  • Yankee ... maggiemay 2012/06/29 09:03:52
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Betcha can't guess whooooooooo!!???
  • maggiemay Yankee ... 2012/06/29 13:58:01
    maggiemay
    +1
    Betcha I can:)
  • Yankee ... maggiemay 2012/06/30 12:52:04
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Oh really?? Then who?
  • maggiemay Yankee ... 2012/06/30 15:35:52
    maggiemay
    +1
    How about the American tax payer..........................
  • Yankee ... maggiemay 2012/07/01 12:26:14
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/06/28 05:26:11
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    They are only looking for ways to obstruct. Why don't they just set up voting stations in Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, South America and Antarctica too. They have the same right to vote in our elections as illegal aliens do.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/06/28 02:50:53
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Such sore losers. They really need to learn how to play with real adults.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/28 02:32:17
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    There aren't enough lawyers in the world to save him this time. It's the judges and courts that will need to be watched for obstruction of justice.
  • Chi~Cat 2012/06/28 02:23:12
    Chi~Cat
    +1
    Republicans wearing a button are attacked on Michigan Avenue. That's a fact.

They're running scared; thing is IT will do as much as possible to destroy as much as IT can win or lose.
  • Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/06/28 02:15:40
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +2
    The fraud in chief needs to be ousted before the election, they know what he's done and somebody has evidence, they need to use it.
  • KCurtis 2012/06/28 01:43:19
    KCurtis
    +5
    What do you call ten thousand DNC Lawyers at the bottom of Lake Michigan?

A Start!
  • ScottyG... KCurtis 2012/06/28 02:50:12
  • Denny 2012/06/28 01:10:03
    Denny
    +2
    Obummer doesn't need the lawyers except he steps down so Hilly can take over and run. Obummer is going to be lucky to pull in Illinois.
  • redhorse29 2012/06/28 00:30:12
    redhorse29
    +3
    Democrat exercise of the freedom to vote is strictly defined by the wealthy liberal progressive elitists that includes lawyers and media pundits. The Bar Association and ACLU has long been a supporter socialism and overthrow of the Constitution.
  • KingdomNow 2012/06/27 23:40:08
    KingdomNow
    +4
    Treat Obama like a king- Dethrone and exile him!
  • Yankee ... KingdomNow 2012/06/27 23:51:32
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    Dethrone him is right!!! Toss him right outta that seat:

obama throne
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/06/27 23:37:11
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +5
    the socialists will NOT go quietly into the night
  • Yankee ... Ballade... 2012/06/27 23:52:10
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    They can go away screaming, as long as they go away!
  • Ballade... Yankee ... 2012/06/28 00:38:51
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +4
    but they won't THIS is close as they have come to taking over the nation in 45 years...they are NOT going to let go no matter what the outcome of the election might be
  • Yankee ... Ballade... 2012/06/28 00:41:57
    Yankee Traveler
    +4
    Oh I agree!!! That's why martial law is still on the table and much closer than we all my think
  • HOMBRE 2012/06/27 23:33:11
    HOMBRE
    +3
    These attorneys being paid with tax payers money of course
  • Aqua Su... HOMBRE 2012/06/28 02:27:04
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    We The People need to get a lawyer who will get an injunction against the use of tax payer money for this sham. This regime's transparency comes in it's unbridled show of corruption.
  • Icono1 2012/06/27 23:30:13
    Icono1
    +5
    If he loses he will fight it in court. Bet on it.
  • Yankee ... Icono1 2012/06/27 23:54:01
    +5
    (ugh! (can't say what I'd like to .. it would be a violation of TOS))

He's has taken his cue
    from that OTHER useless loser ..
    GORE ..

(remember his "Army of lawyers")

I sure do .. that cost MY State a lot .. and increased the tax bills we pay because the previous one with this tactic sent his 'army of lawyers' after us .. and kept wanting more and more .. all because he was TICKED OFF that even with cheating (by the dead and illegal voting) he couldn't win ..
  • ed 2012/06/27 23:25:20
    ed
    +6
    I hope that WE THE TAX PAYER ARE NOT FOOTING THE BILL FOR OSHYSTER'S lawyers
  • Yankee ... ed 2012/06/27 23:55:41
    Yankee Traveler
    +4
    You can count on that we will!! Do you really think he'd spend his own money??..........LMBO!!!!!!! He has already proven that he loves to spend other peoples money!!
  • ed Yankee ... 2012/06/28 08:36:47
    ed
    +1
    true but I want to see all those lawyers tell obama you lost and you don't have a leg to stand on.
  • Yankee ... ed 2012/06/28 09:06:43
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    They will be paid very well I am sure and for most people, or I should say for a lot of people it's the money that counts over morals and ethics
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/06/27 23:21:29
    Artist~PWCM~
    +9
    The paranoia and outright fear coming from the left is palatable. This had better be a landslide by Romney so the left can't whine about hanging chads again.
    Why anyone even radical libs would continue to support obama and his continuing lies much less legal failures is beyond me.
    too true
  • Yankee ... Artist~... 2012/06/27 23:59:29
    Yankee Traveler
    +5
    They don't see it that way. They do believe that Bush is really at fault for everything. The stupidity is astonishing!!! I mean you see it on here! They can't do their own factual research. You have to do it for them to prove to them that what just came out of their mouth was just ignorant and disturbing.
  • Artist~... Yankee ... 2012/06/28 00:21:56
    Artist~PWCM~
    +5
    Oh I read a lot of opinions here on SH and other sites and I've noticed a lot of chest thumping but no real substance. In '08 they were all over the place with comments like 'We won, you lost. Get used to it.' In 2010 we saw a little of that but after the shellacking the libs got they went real quiet. Now I'm not hearing much of anything other than bravado.
    What I am seeing is a whole slew of sockpuppets just recently arrived and they're mantra is straight out of whitehousebs.gov. Basically they still blame Bush for everything including dirty underwear. Nothing new, no original thoughts and most of it is from the '08 campaign, like obama is doing himself.

Yeah, they're running scared!
  • Yankee ... Artist~... 2012/06/28 00:33:24
    Yankee Traveler
    +4
    I have found a lot of them have changed their political standing on their profiles from either liberal, progressive to moderate or conservative and still spout the same spew trying to make conservatives look angry. See I seek out socks, the posers, etc and post who they are and what to watch for. I watch their answer activity, who they friend, and of course the polls they post if any. I do this like it's my job. I'm the guy that sits in the back of the room listening. Slowly making my way up to the front and just after most have already asked their questions, I begin to ask mine. I do the same here in a sense.
  • Artist~... Yankee ... 2012/06/28 01:54:10
    Artist~PWCM~
    +3
    Very good!
    Last year I got invited to a very liberal (and I might add extremist) group here on SH. It was an accident I'm sure, lol! I only lasted a couple of days before I got booted but what I read kinda made me feel a little sorry for them. Most of the posts were a whole lot of hand wringing, worry what the GOP would do, how obama seemed to be messing up, why most of their pet projects weren't being passed and why oh why weren't the moderates and independents buying their message. There truly seemed to be outright fear that everything was falling apart.
    I have to admit it was rather sobering to read those pathetic comments/posts, certainly not the boasting we see elsewhere on SH.
  • Yankee ... Artist~... 2012/06/28 09:08:37
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Reality bites for some while others no not what reality is.
  • Aqua Su... Artist~... 2012/06/28 02:30:10
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    You're right, the Left has only the race card, bravado and false hope on their side. They will be brought low this November.
  • Artist~... Aqua Su... 2012/06/28 05:51:30
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    It's really sad to watch this 'bad Faith' liberals have in obama. Yep, he's toast after November 6th!
  • ConLibFraud 2012/06/27 23:20:39
    ConLibFraud
    +10
    The problem is not with the Ofraud legal nerds. The problem are the judges who have been bought off and/or threatened.
    +12
    And indeed he does such a good job, he can resurrect the dead!

2014/04/17 15:54:21