Obama bans M-1 Carbines;etc. ...what say you?

Space Invader 2012/03/19 13:24:14

Dear fellow Patriot,

Nearly 1 million American rifles.

Banned by a stroke of Barack Obama's pen.

In a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama Administration quietly banned the re-importation of nearly one million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles.

The M1 Garand, developed in the late 1930's, carried the United States through World War II seeing action in every major battle.

General Patton at the time called the M1 Garand "the greatest battle implement ever devised."

The rifle is largely credited with giving American soldiers the advantage and securing victory for the allies.

During the Korean War, nearly one million of these rifles were brought to South Korea and left with the South Korean government afterward.

Now, South Korea wants to give American gun collectors the chance to get their hands on this unique piece of history.

A piece of American history that Barack Obama would like to see go down the memory hole.

That's why I want as many Americans as possible to put themselves on record opposing this gun ban by signing theOfficial Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Will you please join me?

After World War II, the United States government sent millions of these rifles overseas to our allies and friends.

Over the past 50 years, many of the countries we lent them to returned them to America to be bought and sold by firearms collectors.

This is nothing new.

Make no mistake; these rifles were made in America, by Americans, for Americans, to defend freedom on foreign shores.

As a part of our history, they are greatly sought after by American shooters and collectors.

But according to Hillary Clinton's State Department there is a danger they might "fall into the wrong hands."

That they might, possibly, one day be used in a crime.

No mention of the hundreds of thousands of gun owners deprived of the opportunity to own an integral part of American history.

The State Department's outrageous claims are nothing more than a thinly veiled ploy to distract from the real issue:

President Obama's deep seated hatred for gun rights.

While his gun-grabbing base is giddy with praise at this back-door gun ban, law-abiding citizens across the United States are crying foul.

Let me be clear: at no time in U.S. history has the ownership of this firearm -- or any part of this firearm -- been illegal, restricted or banned.

Americans have collected World War II M1 Garand and Carbine rifles for decades.

Now they are sold through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

You can even purchase a newly manufactured model from Springfield Armory that was made just a month or two ago.

And the M1 Garand's caliber or capacity is no more dangerous than the millions of modern firearms owned by Americans across the country today.

As you can see, there is absolutely no justification for this unconstitutional gun ban.

This is just the latest in a series of anti-gun schemes from the Obama Administration:

*** A new so-called "Assaults Weapon Ban" -- targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns -- which, unlike the Clinton ban, would NEVER expire;

*** An outright BAN on "high capacity" magazines -- banning the sale and manufacture of magazines holding more than just a handful of rounds;

*** A National Concealed Carry "Standard" -- designed to make it even more difficult for law-abiding citizens to carry a gun to protect themselves and their families from assault;

*** Mayor Michael Bloomberg's "Catch-All Gun Control Scheme" -- to create a national "cannot buy registry," allowing citizens to be stripped of their Second Amendment rights on a Justice Department whim, effectively banning all private gun sales.

That's why it is essential that Americans like you and I take a stand against the M1 Garand gun ban!

It has been common practice since the end of World War II to re-import these American made rifles from the foreign allies they were lent to during the war.

But the Obama Administration departs radically from the American tradition.

In fact, on top of banning American citizens from owning these historic firearms, Obama's State Department is arranging for the destruction of nearly one million of them -- ironically, at a time of ballooning federal deficits.

It's an outrage!

These firearms -- truly pieces of American history -- rightly belong in the hands of U.S. citizens.

That's why I was glad to hear that the National Association for Gun Rights is helping fight this power grab in the U.S. Senate.

Do you believe the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment are the supreme law of the land?

Do you believe that President Obama banning the re-importation of these historic firearms is an unprecedented and unconstitutional power grab?

Do you support Congress forcing President Obama to reverse his ban and save these American made rifles from destruction?

If you said "Yes" to these questions, please sign the Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Your survey will put you squarely on the record AGAINST Barack Obama's Rifle Ban.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul
United States Senator

P.S. In a move unprecedented in American history, Barack Obama secretly banned the re-importation of nearly a million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles.

The M1 Garand, developed in the 1930's, carried the U.S. through World War II seeing action in every major battle.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST the Barack Obama's Rifle Ban by signing NAGR's Firearms Freedom Survey.

• Tasine 2012/03/19 13:41:24
    one more step to total control
    Tasine
    +9
    What say I? Desecration of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution is what I say. In addition, I say Obama is a tyrant as are all his cabinet, his czars, and all the Dems in Congress.

• tea for you 2012/03/20 20:20:48
    tea for you
    he doesn't want you dumb asses shooting each other , You'd blame Obama for not banning those unnecessary guns
  • Tennessean tea for... 2012/03/20 21:10:21
    Tennessean
    +1
    Those guns are a part of our history, and citizens should be allowed to purchase them as such.
  • socokid 2012/03/20 01:58:41
    socokid
    +2
    LOL, this is from 2009.

South Korea wanted to resell these high capacity, high power guns back to Americans. Almost 900,000 of them, to hunt deer (?) in a country where you can buy a gun at Wal-Mart.

But yes, yes, the world is ending, Obama want to eat your babies, blah blah blah...
  • Space I... socokid 2012/03/20 14:08:37 (edited)
    Space Invader
    it originated in 2009;yes; but every year it comes up again, and the next year..so on and so on.....half-truths are worse than whole lies.....

No; Obama doesn't want to eat babies...they're not a viable life form...
  • WJK Space I... 2012/05/15 02:10:40
    WJK
    +1
    No he just murders babies, get it straight libtard!
  • Space I... WJK 2012/05/15 14:39:09
    Space Invader
    you are calling me a lib-tard?
  • WJK Space I... 2012/05/20 00:00:03
    WJK
    No I wasn't talking to you. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/20 01:44:10
    one more step to total control
    Viet Era medic
    +3
    and not surprised. I heard he wanted to do this. We all know that his first step is our guns then we can't fight him. Ya'll know that...
  • Delicious Crab Meat 2012/03/20 01:35:38
    one more step to total control
    Delicious Crab Meat
    +1
    Can't have the civilians owning guns as nice as the ones authorities have now can we?
  • Sinpac 2012/03/20 00:14:54
    Sinpac
    +2
    I gots mines!
    m1g
    m1g2
    m1c
  • Sinpac Sinpac 2012/03/20 00:21:04
    Sinpac
    +2
    This will drive the prices up on these now!
  • drdos1943 2012/03/20 00:02:06
    Not a surprise
    drdos1943
    +2
    The question is WHY? Semi-automatics are available every where.
  • Sinpac drdos1943 2012/03/20 00:20:23 (edited)
    Sinpac
    +1
    I am by no means supporting this ban but the carbines and M1's are rifles that were leased to other countries like Greece and Korea. Now the question is where are these rifles at? I will need to go to the CMP (Civilian Marksman program) and see whats going on. I know the Cmp are trying to release the M-14 but they have ran into a snag after all they have a selector switch and the cmp said they could make the fire only Semi auto. but you no if they can alter it then it can be undone
  • drdos1943 Sinpac 2012/03/20 00:47:46
    drdos1943
    +1
    Thank you for the response.
  • Sinpac drdos1943 2012/03/20 00:59:17 (edited)
    Sinpac
    +1
    The last ones to make it to the U.S. were from Bavaria I went to the CMP forum board of which I am a member and there is no topic on this. I am sure if this were true it would be all off this site.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/
    http://www.thecmp.org/sales.htm
  • Sinpac drdos1943 2012/03/20 20:14:23
    Sinpac
    +1
    I just found out today this is an old article and it is not true.
  • drdos1943 Sinpac 2012/03/21 00:47:20 (edited)
    drdos1943
    +1
    I knew it was an old article, as well; but I did not know that it wasn't true.

However, if you really want to think about infringement of the Second Amendment, many Democrats in Congress are gun owners or hunters...and after the run on ammunition when Obama was elected causing the price to sky rocket, the price is right back to where it was before the election. What's more, it is now legal to carry a firearm in national parks and on more college campuses than ever before.
  • Sinpac drdos1943 2012/03/21 00:56:56
    Sinpac
    +1
    True. Of Couse I have also learned that these rifles will not be going to the CMP. they are going to a private Company It is call Blue something. I bet the barrel are all shot out!
  • drdos1943 Sinpac 2012/03/21 01:01:45
    drdos1943
    +1
    Does it really matter? If you want a semi-automatic rifle, you can pick one up just about anywhere....although I would't mind owning an M-1 if only for its history and as a collector's item.

Peace
  • Viet Er... Sinpac 2012/03/20 01:38:15
    Viet Era medic
    why aren't you supporting this? just cause you have yours already. Two garands and a carbine..
  • Sinpac Viet Er... 2012/03/20 01:52:47 (edited)
    Sinpac
    +2
    Type-o Bud I meant I am by no means supporting the ban.
  • Viet Er... Sinpac 2012/03/20 01:56:06
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    oh, I get it... my mistake though, it looks right now that I reread it. pheew, thank God... thanks for clearing that bro..
  • Sinpac Viet Er... 2012/03/20 02:06:22
    Sinpac
    +2
    Right On!
  • WJK Sinpac 2012/05/15 02:20:48
    WJK
    +1
    You can alter any gun to make it full auto. You can also blow up a huge building with simple farming materials. You can never legislate the stupidity out of people. They are still throwing stones with slings in the Middle East thousands of years later. People will never stop killing each other for an ever expanding list of reasons. This government not only fights States that have the nerve to enforce the existing law on immigration while the Federal government refuses to stop the flow of drugs and illegals across the border. the same duplicitous morons ship massive amounts of miltary grade weapons to a number of drug cartels that are waging full scale war on US soil and in Mexico. Yet somehow The US media and their juice drinking pals at the State Department missed this fact. The mexican press at kleast have a reason. They are dead!!!
  • mich52 2012/03/19 23:16:42
  • Chef Bunyan 2012/03/19 23:15:58
    one more step to total control
    Chef Bunyan
    +3
    Oh this "they're machine guns; they need to be banned" is hilarious! ANY MAN that served during WWII, Korea, or Vietnam can tell you, since it's the weapon we lugged around in boot camp, and qualified with on the range, also learned how to tear it apart and re assemble it in the dark. That it is NOT a machine gun!! It's a semi automatic gas operated rifle who's largest clip holds 16 rounds of ammo and fires them one at a time! I have an M1 sitting about a yard away from me right now. I liked the weapon so much I went to a surplus store and bought one some 35 years ago. I took it to a gun smith and had the barrel rifled and a scope mounted on it and I use it for hunting
  • Space I... Chef Bu... 2012/03/20 01:11:10 (edited)
    Space Invader
    thanx..I wanted to see what anti-gunners would say about the Garand being an assault weapon or a machine gun..
  • Orangedragan 2012/03/19 22:55:25
    Orangedragan
    +2
    I'm sorry, but why does anyone need an M-1 Carbine in this country? Past that, do you have any ACTUAL proof that President Obama has banned the rifles other than this one letter?
  • mich52 Oranged... 2012/03/19 23:18:11
  • Chef Bu... mich52 2012/04/25 05:34:54
    Chef Bunyan
    It's you lying fellatio performing Democommies that ARE CREATING THE ISSUE!! The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives me the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now show me where it specifies what arms I can and cannot keep!!
  • Space I... Oranged... 2012/03/20 14:09:26
    Space Invader
    would you like the book version or long-play?
  • Space I... Space I... 2012/03/20 14:10:10
    Space Invader
    +1
    Since President Obama and Hillary Clinton want to stop collectors from having M1 Garands that have large capacity clips, and no M1 Garand in Korea ever had a detachable clip, then the ban should not affect the M1 Garands from Korea.
    M1 Garands in original configuration do not use a detachable magazine but are loaded with an 8 round en bloc clip like WW1 rifles.
    Hillary and Obama have a problem with the truth.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2010/...
  • Oranged... Space I... 2012/03/20 15:06:35
    Orangedragan
    +3
    *BZZZ* Wrong answer. You seem to have misunderstood the question here. What you provided was proof that the President refused to allow the importation of M1 rifles from South Korea, not that M1s had been banned outright. Try again.
  • Chef Bu... Space I... 2012/03/20 18:40:48
    Chef Bunyan
    +2
    Yep, right on the money! That's why the weapon was so versitile and practically indestructable. And if you love to hunt like me, you can get one for cheap at any military surplus store, have fixed up and it makes a great hunting rifle!
  • Chef Bu... Space I... 2012/04/25 05:27:57
    Chef Bunyan
    AMEN!!
  • Robert ... Oranged... 2012/04/24 19:16:32
    Robert White
    +1
    M-1 Carbine is not a machine gun, it is semi auto. Obama is SOB, he want to take all guns from law by citizens.
  • Space I... Oranged... 2012/04/24 20:03:59
    Space Invader
    because your black-winged President wants to run this country loke a Kingdom; along with futer death camps..are you so blind; boy?
  • Chef Bu... Oranged... 2012/04/25 05:27:05
    Chef Bunyan
    Have you ever heard of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution!?
  • Frank 2012/03/19 20:50:09
    one more step to total control
    Frank
    +4
    I say he is slowly taking your 2nd amendment rights away. What the poor voters that voted him in don't get is they wil also loose their freedom along with everyone else if this man is not voted out of office. Wake up.....
  • Elleryqueen 2012/03/19 18:06:13
    one more step to total control
    Elleryqueen
    +3
    With any luck someone may use one on him first. Not gonna happen, but a pleasant thought.

2014/11/01 08:25:21