Obama: Approve or Disapprove?

Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2012/05/21 00:35:20

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as President?

• Beccy 2012/05/21 00:42:25
    Strongly disapprove
    +28
    After 4 years of on the job training he still doesn't know what he is doing.

• Jensenmk 2012/06/18 04:04:27
    Strongly disapprove
    Jensenmk
    +1
    He is an anti-American, race-baiting, socialist who freely associates with known terrorists and is controlled by the likes of Goerge Soros.
  • Leasher... Jensenmk 2012/06/20 00:43:10
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    You got that right!
  • Asa 2012/06/15 02:49:27
    Strongly approve
    Asa
    I strongly approve of this president's first term. He has decreased unemployment, saved the auto-industry, repealed DADT, created the affordable care act... what more do I need to say? He has done a lot in four years.
  • Leasher... Asa 2012/06/16 00:40:29
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    He hasn't decreased unemployment. Unemployment has gone up over the last few weeks. Also, for most people, unemployment has run out. They haven't found new jobs since there haven't been a lot of new jobs created as compared to jobs lost. The people who lost their unemployment are now on welfare or disability.
  • keeper 2012/05/31 18:47:52
    Strongly disapprove
    keeper
    +1
    I do not care for this manure salesman!
  • Leasher... keeper 2012/06/01 01:28:28
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    He sure knows how to shovel the...
  • Clyde 2012/05/31 18:10:31
    Strongly disapprove
    Clyde
    +2
    Worst president in our history and the only one that has contempt for his own country, it's founding principles and traditions.
  • Leasher... Clyde 2012/06/01 01:29:01
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    I don't know why someone as hateful as he is would want to be president...other than to destroy us.
  • Clyde Leasher... 2012/06/01 13:58:12
    Clyde
    +1
    hit nail on head
    exactly....he wants to punish us for all his imagined wrongs we have done.
  • Leasher... Clyde 2012/06/02 00:47:27
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    Hopefully we will all stand up in November and show him we won't tolerate his nasty agenda.
  • Clyde Leasher... 2012/06/02 16:23:53
    Clyde
    +1
    I believe we will...the only way I see him winning is rampant voter fraud.
  • Leasher... Clyde 2012/06/04 01:44:59
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    That's how he got in there the first time.
  • Clyde Leasher... 2012/06/04 14:05:56
    Clyde
    +1
    Well that helped, but i think he would have won that one anyway. This time it shouldn't even be close and he will and is trying anything he can to hold on to power. Look at Florida....he sicks Holder on them because they don't want illegally registered voters to vote. It's the Unjustice Dept. with Holder and obama, and it is the Alinsky..."the ends justify the means" strategy of doing whatever is necessary to win
  • Leasher... Clyde 2012/06/06 00:44:31
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    They want to pander to the wrong doers in order to gain votes by hook or by crook. Florida should have the right to check the voter roles and throw off anyone who is on there illegally.
  • Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWC... 2012/05/30 19:33:22
    Strongly disapprove
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I truly can't imagine any true American liking this so-called president....an American President in Name Only..APINO.....
  • Leasher... Deere G... 2012/05/31 00:57:36
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    He doesn't even act like a president.
  • Deere G... Leasher... 2012/05/31 11:24:37
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    More like a rapper.......he's a joke.,.....
  • DM Twin 2012/05/29 18:38:28 (edited)
    Strongly disapprove
    DM Twin
    +3
    He is a Gay Lying Commie Muslim FRAUD that WILL BE thrown from office on November 6th with a flourish never seen in American Political History.... jjjj
  • Leasher... DM Twin 2012/05/30 01:12:45
  • jimmy DM Twin 2012/05/30 13:32:58
    jimmy
    +2
    couldn't said it better
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/29 18:33:12
    Strongly disapprove
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    The Manchurian Candidate must go.
  • Leasher... CMackle... 2012/05/30 01:12:56
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Most definitely
  • Murph 65 2012/05/28 01:38:49
    Strongly disapprove
    Murph 65
    +3
    Strongly disapprove of his job performance; strongly approve of his not being re-elected in November.
  • Leasher... Murph 65 2012/05/29 00:48:46
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Agreed
  • doc moto Leasher... 2012/05/29 03:31:05
    doc moto
    +2

E-OR, this fellow disapproves also!
  • Ken 2012/05/27 04:19:53 (edited)
    Strongly disapprove
    +6
    I could not disapprove more of the Marxist now sitting in the Oval Office and the manner in which he is attempting to turn this nation into a third world country!

thumbs down
  • Leasher... Ken 2012/05/28 00:53:13
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Well said!
  • Gary Ken 2012/06/13 14:53:56
    Gary
    +1
    WHATS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE IS THAT THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT SEEM TO BE OK WITH THE IDEA OF SOCIALISM.
  • Ken Gary 2012/06/13 18:07:37
    When close to 50% of Americans pay no income tax, and nearly that same number receive government largesse, it is no surprise to me.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
    -- Benjamin Franklin
  • NDAA2012 2012/05/26 14:55:58
    Strongly disapprove
    NDAA2012
    +1
    NDAA 2012 was here. ~ He lost my vote when he signed #NDAA. Mitt is also toast.
    @NDAA2012
    Section 1021 and 1022 have been called a violation of constitutional principles and of the Bill of Rights - Curated by Randy L. Dixon Rivera
    Guantánamo Bay, Cuba
  • Not-A-RINO 2012/05/26 12:36:57
    Strongly disapprove
    Not-A-RINO
    +4
    I suppose if I was a socialist or communist, I would think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm not. If I was a guy who loved to hear lies and artful dodges to the truth, I would say Obama was music to my ears, but I'm not. If I hated our country and the institutions which kept us free, Obama would be "The One" who would deliver us from individual liberty, opportunity for all and the rule of law, but that's not me. Quite frankly, I don't know how any intelligent, patriotic, reverent American could possibly consider Obama a leader this country needs.

It has been said the most wretched person is not totally useless - he can always serve as a bad example. Obama will serve as the standard bearer of corrupt, inept and divisive presidents this country ever had.
  • Leasher... Not-A-RINO 2012/05/27 00:53:10
  • sue 2012/05/26 05:20:56
    Somewhat approve
    sue
    +1
    I will never understand what Obama has done to cause such extreme reactions. He did most of what he said he would do, and was elected for saying he would do it. Despite claims to the opposite, his policies have been pretty middle-of-the-road. On some things like homeland security and attacks on Al Qaeda, he is the same or even to the right of Bush. I think he's good, but nothing to be crazy about. Where are the moderates?
  • Leasher... sue 2012/05/27 00:53:41
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    This is what happens when you are not living in the real world. Come back when you are ready to join the rest of us.
  • sue Leasher... 2012/05/27 07:09:48
    sue
    +1
    Really? Well, why not help out by showing me how his homeland security policies substantially differ from the previous administration. How about showing how Obama is "soft on terrorists" or how he hasn't killed more high level Al Qaeda operatives in his term than all the time since 9/11 and prior to his term. Show how his spending is different -- it's actually increased at a lower rate, despite the horrible recession! Show how anything he has done can be described as radical. His most "radical" policy has been the health care reform law, which was designed by republicans as a counter to Clinton's proposed health care law, and was endorsed by many republicans at the time, put in place by the republican candidate for the presidency in his own state, and endorsed by that same candidate as a national policy until the democrats picked it up.

Please, show how radical Obama is.
  • Uranos7 sue 2012/05/28 03:07:40
    Uranos7
    +2
    Bush preferred to capture the terrorist with strike teams that put fewer civilians in danger than Obama's drone strikes.
    Obama strikes: 272
    Total reported killed: 2,454 - 3,130
    Civilians reported killed: 484 - 828
    Children reported killed: 175
    Total reported injured: 1,175-1,288
    Obamacare had nothing to do with the republican plan it was created by a panel Obama put together including 3 lobbyist from big pharma and health insurance companies.
    PBS.org/ frontline/ Obama's deal
    In 2010 the only budget Obama ever passed mandatory spending hit 14.3% of the GDP the highest in over 50years and discretionary spending hit 9.8% of the GDP the highest since 1988.
    [congressional research service]
    The reduction in spending this year came not from Obama's policies but the republican obstructionism the democrats are complaining about resulting from the republicans refusing to pass bills until their constitutional obligation of passing a budget was met.
    NDAA was due to expire so he re-signed it and added US citizens to the target list per E.O.
  • sue Uranos7 2012/05/28 03:29:31
    sue
    +1
    Bush didn't manage to capture very many, and he also preferred to invade a totally unrelated country as a "pre-emptive" strike, killing at least 100,000 people, not counting our own soldiers and civilians. So, although, I'm not much for being a killing machine kind of country, Bush seems a bit more radical here.

The health care reform bill is very much like the republican-led Massachusetts plan, although there are more cost-savings measures in it. And it's very much like the republican plan that was proposed by the Clinton administration. In this, the plan is not radical. In doing business with insurance companies and Big Pharma, he is also not radical, it's been the way of every president in recent years. The most radical part of the plan is the new regulation of insurance companies.

As I'm sure you know, the 2010 budget was completed in spring 2009 -- the height of the worst recession in 80 years. This means GDP was lower than usual, and spending was higher than usual. But thanks for supporting your statements. THe nondiscretionary budget that year was lower than the 2009 budget. And the discretionary budget proposed by the white house every year since has been lower each year.

And, you can say the republicans are heros for holding up all legislation until passing a budget, b...

And, you can say the republicans are heros for holding up all legislation until passing a budget, but since they refuse to negotiate on the budget at all, and propose budgets that do not support the legislation already passed, you cannot really hold them blameless. Congress is not working to meet its obligations or serve the citizens of the United States.

In any case, whether you like Obama or not, and I agree there are many things he has done that I don't like either, you still cannot say he's that different that any of the last several presidents.
  • Uranos7 sue 2012/05/28 05:53:16
    Uranos7
    +1
    there were 588 detainees when Obama took over so that is twice what Obama killed and Bush also killed 133 that were not able to be captured. So Obama got some catching up to do.

The democrats are the ones refusing to pass a budget they shot down every one the president has put forth including the last one which received zero votes in favor from either party. As the majority it is their duty to propose budgets which they have refused to do while the republicans have proposed 4 just this year and every year before have proposed them as well.
    I agree that both sides are acting like children but the democrats are not even trying to get along, as seen by not fulfilling their obligations.
  • sue Uranos7 2012/05/28 09:39:48
    sue
    Obama is actually trying the detainees instead of holding them indefinitely. And, definitely both sides of the aisle in congress could use a complete sweep.

That doesn't change my point at all. If there is a difference between Obama and Bush regarding Al Qaeda operatives killed and/or detained, it's a matter of degree, not a radical difference.
  • Uranos7 sue 2012/05/28 10:07:37
    Uranos7
    Obama is more than a few degrees worse by including American citizens, in suspension of right to speedy trial, indefinite detainment, and assassination. All the things he condemned and promised to do away with while campaigning he has done worse than Bush.

2014/11/22 08:53:50