Obama and DNC advisor Hilary Rosen Attacks Ann Romney

Apache 2012/04/12 03:29:39
They are Right On about Ann Romney
Raising five sons, fighting MS and Breast Cancer isn't considered having a job? Give me a F**king Break!

And now Obama's War Against Women Begins!

• Old Salt doc moto 2012/04/13 02:38:15
  • doc moto Old Salt 2012/04/13 07:10:34
    doc moto
    +4
    Oh, heard a few comments he made on the business taxes that he said would not be raised... Seems there are bunches of them story-tellers in WDC, lots of them!
  • heirsoftheking 2012/04/12 20:57:41
    Raising five sons, fighting MS and Breast Cancer isn't considered having a jo...
    heirsoftheking
    +9
    My Mom chose to be a stay-at-home Mom, raising us 5 kids while Dad worked.

DNC women like Hillary Rosen and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz continue to spew out asininities.
  • Demonic... heirsof... 2012/04/12 21:37:58
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +7
    As does the obama. obama wasserman flying monkeys
  • Idiot repubs 2012/04/12 20:42:43
    They are Right On about Ann Romney
    Idiot repubs
    +1
    How many maids does the job creator have?
  • heirsof... Idiot r... 2012/04/12 20:59:13
    heirsoftheking
    +6
    How many meth labs does Ms. Rosen run?
    meth lab
  • "Shoote... Idiot r... 2012/04/12 21:24:19
    "Shooter" ™
    +7
    When did Ms. Rosen escape from the insane asylum??
  • mich52 Idiot r... 2012/04/13 04:07:18
  • Nomad58 Idiot r... 2012/04/13 04:19:16 (edited)
    Nomad58
    +2
    Ah, a Daily KOS reader ~ another fabricator of News

No full-time maids only the four that worked part-time on 2010 push for Congress.
    Which is a helleva lot less than Michelle's 26 assistants
    (which is 2 1/2 times Laura Bush's Staff)
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/12 20:41:13
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Ye gods,and I thought pit bulls were vicious
  • Seonag 2012/04/12 20:32:32
    Seonag
    +9
    Let us not forget that Obama in 2008 said his wife was off-bounds. Are we seeing a double standard?
  • None 2012/04/12 20:25:50 (edited)
    None
    +9
    Considering they were able to set up the birth control flap...this makes sense also...

http://ace.mu.nu/

Obama Set Up, Prepared The "Ann Romney Doesn't Work" Attack
    —Ace

....This is from last Friday, says John Nolte, who made this connection.

The Obama campaign would have us believe that last night on CNN Obama advisor and frequent White House guest, Hilary Rosen, spoke out of turn with her indefensible attack on Ann Romney and every woman who chooses to stay home and raise her family. But in a speech last Friday at “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Obama seemed to be laying the groundwork for exactly this attack.

It sure seems, then, like the White House cooked up this line of attack, and Hilary Rosen, who's been there 35 times and advises Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (in order to help her "tone it down," ironically enough), was simply delivering the Daily Two Minute Hate, as ordered by her bosses.

And in that case the White House's and the Obamas' and Messina's and Axelrod's claims of finding fault with the comment are, naturally, completely disingenuous.

By the way-- Sandra Fluke? Hilary Rosen's PR firm represents her.

*I was going to post the whole thing for folks who don't do links but it is worth reading this.Click then just scroll down thru the headings.
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2012/04/12 20:15:18
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +10
    Thia is all WHAT OBAMA-SLIME AND HIS GANG CAN DO!! ATTACK A WOMAN who is a GOOD MOTHER WHO STAYS HOME WITH HER KIDS. So this is what the SLIMES DO ATTACK ANYONE WHO IS GOOD! The EVIL in the White House is shown to us every day!! evil in the white house obama evil
  • "Shoote... Cindy64... 2012/04/12 21:26:39
  • Cindy64... "Shoote... 2012/04/15 16:28:03
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    Thank you so much my friend !!
  • "Shoote... Cindy64... 2012/04/15 18:03:18
    "Shooter" ™
    +2
    You are welcome. :-)
  • Cindy64... "Shoote... 2012/04/16 00:48:05
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    Thanks dear friend !! :-D
  • "Shoote... Cindy64... 2012/04/16 01:02:12
  • Vinny 2012/04/12 20:13:25
    Vinny
    +9
    You go girl!
  • PeterB 2012/04/12 19:59:39 (edited)
    PeterB
    +9
    Housewife/ mother is a 24/7, 365 day per year job, and a damned challenging, overworked, underpaid one at that! Another village that’s missing its idiot apparently.
  • Ira 2012/04/12 19:57:24
    Ira
    +4
    I think there is a point being missed.

It is really unfortunately for me that I did not hear this statement first hand BEFORE all the din and spin hit the airwaves. What I get out of it is ambiguous at best.

I hear her saying that Mrs. Romney cannot relate to issues that effect women who MUST work to keep their families roof over their head alongside their spouse, if they have one. She is to be lauded for choosing to remain at home raising a family, and from all appearances, a successful one at that. In this day and age, that is a luxury, not like it was in the 50's after the war. (BTW,my mother would have been a concert pianist had she not forgone her love of music to be a SAH parent)

It is a mischaracterized attempt to make light of the fact that Mrs. Romney is the spouse of a successful man and has the privilege many women wish they can have and this is where her point is supposed to be made. How can she relate to working women who have to earn money at a job to sustain a family? Yes, great. Being a full time parent is a job, but it carries no wage. Just the purest satisfaction that you were able to contribute time as a wage for the betterment of your family.

I think she is taking way too much heat for something she misstated and with a bit too much of a sl...

I think there is a point being missed.

I think she is taking way too much heat for something she misstated and with a bit too much of a slight as to make fun of her. If it was her intent to slight her, she should apologize as Mrs. Romney would never need to apologize for her role within her family.

All this attacking effluence needs to stop on both sides. I am rather sick of it already. Have been for decades.
  • Lena Ira 2012/04/12 22:46:27
    Lena
    +1
    Very well said. She can't relate to women trying to make ends meet because she has not worked a day in her life. Her husband earned the money.
  • Louis Contreras 2012/04/12 19:49:16
    Louis Contreras
    +6
    This is the war on women.
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/04/12 19:45:26
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +4
    Even stay at home moms have to think about the economy. They have a household budget to keep and when the gas prices go up so does the cost of food. The farmer has to pay more for gas to run his farm equipment, the trucks taking the food to the processing plants and grocery stores have to pay higher gas cost and the people buying the food have to pay more just to get to the store. When Obama took office I could gas my car for $40 every 10 days ($120 a month). Now it cost me almost $115 to fill the tank once ($345 per month) I live on a fixed retirement and for the first time in 3 years I got a cost of living raise of $20. I am falling behind over $200 a month just because of gas.
  • OPOA912 2012/04/12 19:34:52
    OPOA912
    +11
    Has anyone stayed at home to be able to raise your children? If you have then you know how hard it can be. It's not a 9 to 5 job, you can't just take a break when all hell breaks loose, or when you kids are sick, you don't simply punch out at 5 and wait to attend to the problems tomorrow. Hilary Rosen doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. If I was a stay at home Mom, I would be pissed at this bit*h!
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2012/04/12 19:33:25
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +12
    Being a single mom for years I can honestly say that being a mom is a lot of work....and not everyone can do it. I feel that by staying home with her children and not working outside of the home makes her a hell of a woman. She should NOT be ridiculed for that! Many mothers would love to stay home with their kids and can't....She doesn't deserve this baloney and someone needs to find someone else to pick apart. Can't people just accept people for who they are and where their life has led them? Who has the right to judge her???? NO ONE!
  • Ira Treasur... 2012/04/12 19:54:54
    Ira
    +4
    I think your statement, T, best exemplifies where Hilary Rosen was wanting to come from: "Many mothers would love to stay home with their kids and can't...."

It is a poor attempt to make light of the fact that she is the spouse of a successful man and has the privilege many women wish they can have and this is where her point is supposed to be made. How can she relate to working women who have to earn money at a job to sustain a family? Yes, great. Being a full time parent is a job, but it carries no wage. Just the purest satisfaction that you were able to contribute time as a wage for the betterment of your family.

I think...

I think she is taking way too much heat for something she misstated and with a bit too much
    slight as to make fun of her. If it was her intent to slight her, she should apologize as Mrs. Romney would never need to apologize for her role within her family.

• Kim 2012/04/12 19:27:48
    Kim
    +8
    Democrats are really screwed with this gaffe.....I was a stay at home mom of 4 for 16 years and it is the hardest job ever. My husband and I made the choice together to sacrifice and allow me to raise our kids...It was the hardest and most rewarding job of my life and my husband made 1/4 what Barack to elitist made and we made it. There are those who really can't afford to have a mom stay home but a sorry ass no good for nothing man who makes 162,000 a year and he has the nerve now to say they "didn't have that luxury"..what a crock....money and political influences were more important to the Moose and BHO than raising those kids...don't insult us all now..
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/04/12 19:22:48
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +11
    Try is Bitch Rosen. rrr
  • bob'45 2012/04/12 19:10:19
    bob'45
    +11
    One must remember....The left attacks anyone that ain't them. Reason has never stopped the left.
  • LadyBGood bob'45 2012/04/12 19:45:53
    LadyBGood
    +8
    The lefties attack whoever they fear!
  • Cindy64... LadyBGood 2012/04/12 19:50:36
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +6
    Oh YES they DO!!
  • bob'45 LadyBGood 2012/04/12 20:34:48
    bob'45
    +5
    AMEN. :-)
  • big T 2012/04/12 19:06:36
    big T
    +11
    MS is quite brutal at times trust me I know.
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2012/04/12 19:04:38
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
  • Idiot r... GANGA~P... 2012/04/12 20:48:00
    Idiot repubs
    WASHINGTON -- For a woman with three houses and sixteen grandkids, Ann Romney doesn't have very much help around the house, according to her 2010 tax return.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of paid vacation a year.

But this number is only for one house, and the Romneys have three houses -- a 2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11 acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is undergoing renovations to double its size.
  • GANGA~P... Idiot r... 2012/04/12 22:08:03
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +5
    Now, I am even more impressed with Ann Romney!

In spite of her disease (MS),I am amazed that she can take care of three large homes and a family without full time help!

She will make an awesome First Lady! I am sure she has always been proud of
    this country!
  • Bill Idiot r... 2012/04/12 22:32:26 (edited)
    Bill
    +3
    Did you ever think that they worked part-time? Perhaps they "boarded up" their other properties when they weren't there. If Susan Moore worked full time she would be pulling in $1.07 per hour. Really? Think so?
  • Bill Idiot r... 2012/04/13 13:09:12
    Bill
    +2
    You forgot this part of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
    The designation of household employees is BROAD, and can INCLUDE housekeepers, baby-sitters, personal assistants and other house-related tasks. It's possible that the Romney's hired an OUTSIDE cleaning service to clean their houses and that managed the payroll, but the campaign declined to elaborate on their arrangement. Given the private nature of jobs like these, most high-profile individuals prefer to maintain their own staffs of people who know them well and who they trust.
  • scum1 2012/04/12 18:58:52
    scum1
    I think right now Obama is pretty pissed at Rosen right now. It's not Obama's war on women it is one far left liberal(which Obama is a more moderate liberal). I don't think Obama would approve of what she said at all. I think the right is really trying to spin their huge screw up with women by making up a very lame "Obama's war against women" bit. I also think women are way smarter than that.

2014/10/20 13:04:34