Obama accuses Congress of ducking elected duties, amid criticism he's doing likewise at the UN. What are your thoughts on this...

CCRNRT 2012/09/22 15:45:53
President Obama on Saturday accused Capitol Hill lawmakers of leaving
behind both Washington and unfinished legislative business until after
November because they are more concerned about their re-election
campaigns, amid criticism he is side-stepping key United Nations
meetings next week to hit the campaign trail.

Obama accuses lawmakers of being "more worried about their jobs and
their paychecks" than their constituents, in his weekend radio and
Internet address.

Meanwhile the world's leaders are arriving in New York for next
week's United Nations General Assembly meeting, but the president has no
plans to meet privately with any of them.

However, he and first lady Michelle Obama will make an appearance on
"The View," a freewheeling TV talk show more likely to reach voters than
the president would with the diplomacy he is skipping at the United
Nations.

• waterlady 2012/09/24 01:24:34
    waterlady
    +1
    We are in the New World Order. He doesn't want to draw attention to that.
  • red 2012/09/22 19:46:29
    red
    +2
    He ducked his duties in his second year as senator to run for the presidancy. Oh how the mighty has fallen. WE can change that though.
    WE THE PEOPLE

545 vs. 300,000,000 People -By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against
    deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes? You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congre...

&

WE THE PEOPLE

deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they
    did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to. [The House has passes a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time. ]

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
    If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them
    in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not
    available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and
    whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power.
    They and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!
  • JJ 2012/09/22 19:18:04
    JJ
    +2
    Huh...DO WHAT? And I guess all that running around to talk shows, campaigning, and who knows what else instead of paying attention to world conditions and our problems here...isn't ducking his duties? I mean, does what he said make sense to anyone? I'm lost. A man that doesn't see countries burning, Americans being murdered and no jobs at home, people hungry right here and Oh, so much more, has to be some how either out of touch or perhaps doesn't care. Hey, they're burning our flags over there and drug a US Ambassador through the streets and murdered him and killed other Ameicans.
  • John Hall 2012/09/22 19:13:16
    John Hall
    +2
    When I heard him say that the other night HYPOCRIT is all I thought .
  • Max 2012/09/22 17:01:49
    Max
    +2
    It's par for the course with these people. Our interests come last, if at all.
  • RubenRibnik 2012/09/22 16:35:55
    RubenRibnik
    +4
    Hey O, when are you going to work????
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/09/22 15:53:51
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    Very few Liberal Democrats will give a rats fat azz what He is doing.
  • mrdog 2012/09/22 15:52:26
    mrdog
    +3
    Hello....O...Blame game again? bark

2014/04/20 23:44:23