NYC Mayor Bloomberg Overheard Saying Romney Can Run Country Better than Obama: Who Has Better Management Skills?

Fef 2012/06/19 01:31:18
Michael R. Bloomberg was overheard telling guests at a fund-raiser that Mitt Romney would probably be better at running the country than President Obama.

Read More: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/at-p...

• Evil 1 2012/06/19 01:34:34
    Romney
    Evil 1
    +8
    Obama is void of management skills and has proven so beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Chef Bunyan 2012/06/19 19:44:25
    Romney
    Chef Bunyan
    My 2 year old great great nephew could manage the country better than 0blowhole!
  • FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/06/19 17:12:49
    Obama
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    Well, if the Media Billionaire Mayor says so..... *pffft*

Trump, The Kochs & Bloomberg back Romney. Great for Romney. Bad for Amercians.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/19 21:46:11
    Kiosk Kid
    Small buisness owners also think so and they are the ones that create jobs.

"What do concerns about regulations and policies mean for small businesses? Stalled growth. 80% of small businesses surveyed report the taxation, regulation, and legislation from Washington make it harder for their business to hire more employees. Nearly three-out-of-four (73%) of small businesses surveyed cite the recent health care law as an obstacle to growing their business and hiring more employees.”

Do small businesses support Obama's policies?

"Sixteen percent of small businesses approve of the job President Obama is doing."

http://www.uschambersmallbusi...
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/20 08:45:12
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I'm a small business owner.

I'll never vote for a Republican.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/20 13:30:34
    Kiosk Kid
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/20 15:44:27
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I'm in that 16%.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/20 16:02:45
    Kiosk Kid
    The survey is only of businesses that hire people. There are about 7 million buisneses in America that have 1 or more employees.

That is the reason all of these business group are fighting Liberals and especially Obama. I undestand they are spending more money then the Republican party to defeat Obama.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/20 20:01:42
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I employ 17 people.

Interesting that some business have money fatten up the GOP coffers but, cry "broke" when called out for not hiring Americans.

The GOP's hustle is actually admirable. They know they will lose in November so, they will use racial resentment to raise fund.

I call it "The Palin Doctrine".
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/21 00:00:04 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    I bet you employ 17 people.

Businesses are not going to hire with a Marxist Liberal sitting in the White House. It is too risky.

The money has been overseas since late 2008. It won't come back until Obama is dumped in the street. To risky!

Marxism doesn't work!
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/21 00:07:50
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    "I bet you employ 17 people. "

You'd win.

"Businesses are not going to hire withy a [half-Black Democrat with a Semitic name] sitting in the White House."

Too political correct & inclusive, I guess.

"The money has been overseas since [before the Bush Tax Cuts were implemented]."

" It won't come back until [either Obama leaves office in 2017 or until Obama, along with a truly Patriotic Congress, pass & sign bills into law that create Americans jobs]."

"Marxism doesn't [exist in America, except in the minds of FOXNews viewers and other low-info voters]"!

You're welcome. Glad to help you.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/21 15:01:35 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Harry Alford, president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, went off on President Obama’s anti-business philosophy on Friday in an interview with Laura Ingraham.

Alford called the administration “Marxist” and “fanatical” and said, “They might as well put on the brown shirts and swastikas.”

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...

Do you think Harry Alford would be the CEO if his members didn't agree with him? The vast majority of small business owners in the US agree with Harry Alford. That is why Obama can create jobs and why every business organization in American is fighting Obama.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/21 20:10:59
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    So, Harry Alford (like Alan Keyes, Hermann Cain, Michael Steele & Allen West) are near-complete idiots.

Laura Ingraham has shown me over the last five years that she has nothing of substance & merit to offer any academic discourse on anything.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...

People who use "Marxist" to describe any part of America can't be taken seriously.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/21 20:33:15 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    What does Laura Ingraham have to do with it? Harry Alford who represents black business owners said that Obama was a Marxist. The majority of black small business owners agree with him or he would be the CEO of the US Black Chamber of Commerce.

Every business organization in America agrees with him which is why they have a huge Super Pac to provide funds to fight Obama anti job policies and Marxist Liberals in Congress.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/21 20:39:26 (edited)
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I'm not a "black business owner".

I'm a business owner who just happens to be Black.

This idiot Alford doesn't represent me at all & I'm starting to be offended by your implication that "all Black people in business should think exactly alike".

So, if Harry Alford wants to cozy up to Paul Ryan and hate on my President, that's his right. That idiot doesn't represent me.

"Every business organization in America agrees..."

Nope.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/21 20:56:35
    Kiosk Kid
    You are in the minority of black business owners that don't support Harry. If you were in the majority then Harry Alford won't be the CEO of the Black Chamber of Commerce.

Of course, you cut and run on my question’ “what does Laura Ingraham have to do with it?”

You had a breakdown in logic. Marxist Liberals always cut and run when they get slammed with facts.

Harry made the statement that Obama was a Marxist not Laura Ingraham.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/21 21:29:16
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I've might have misread your post. I was under the impression that Laura Ingraham conducted the interview. If I'm mistaken on that, I apologize.

Low-Info RWNJs believe Marxism exists in America.

Harry Alford is an idiot because he believes that President Obama is a "Marxist".
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/22 01:03:16 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Alford made the statement not Laura Ingraham. Ingraham asked the questions. An interview is about asking question.

Most businesses in America including black businesses agree with Alford. That is why Obama can't create jobs!
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/22 04:34:42
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    Your side is funny.

You say "Government can't/shouldn't create jobs!".

Then, you say "Where are the jobs, Obama?"

Then, when jobs ARE created in the private & public sector, you say "Lib Spin! Propaganda!".

Then Boehner & McConnel take an elephant dump on any jobs put forth that would actually help this country.

If Obama such a "failure", why are there at least 33 Billionaires trying to help a weak corporate Koch-puppet like Romney win...?

I would love for Harry Alford to sit down with Rachel Maddow for a 20-min. interview.

Anyone who thinks Marxism exist in Americal is an idiot and/or a deceiver.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/22 10:46:14
    Kiosk Kid
    Quote me were I said; "Government can't/shouldn't create jobs!" You can't that is crap!

The Obama Record: May's weak jobs report further confirms the president's policies are failing to help the economy. This is, indeed, the worst recovery since the Depression.

• The share of Americans who've been out of work a long time — now at 42% of the unemployed — is the highest since the Great Depression (source: Labor Department).

• The proportion of the civilian working-age population actually working, at 58%, is the smallest since the Carter era (Labor Department).

• Growth in nonfarm payroll jobs since the recovery began in June 2009 is the slowest of any comparable recovery since World War II (Hoover Institution).

• The rate of new business startups — the engine of job growth — has plunged to an all-time low of 7.87% of all businesses (Census Bureau).

• 54% of bachelor's degree-holders under the age of 25 are jobless or underemployed, the highest share in decades (Northeastern University).

• Black teen unemployment, now at 37%, is near Depression-era highs (Labor Department).

http://news.investors.com/art...
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/22 15:06:55
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    feed://www.nytimes.com/servic...

Interesting how you infer that the economy was perfect until President Obama was inaugurated & that his predecessor contributed nothing to these numbers you posted.

I'm wondering if you believe that Romney, McConnell & Boehner are the perfect guys to cure all comic woes.

The stats you posted feels like McConnell's plan to sabotage the economy is working. I guess we'll see if the GOP's sedition proves fruitful for them.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/23 14:23:28
    Kiosk Kid
    The stats I posted is Obama's record after 41 months of failed economic policies. Marxism doesn't work.

Every business organization in America is fighting Obama policies. It is Obama that is sabataging the economy.

There is a real posibility that Junes job numbers could be worse then Mays.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/23 16:57:46
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    So, you're implying that:

1. Bush's economic policies were perfection and, in no way, contributed to the current economic climate?

2. Reaganomics & "trickle-down" are the models that all comic policy should build on?

3. The economy was thriving perfect until January 20th, 2009?

If that's where you going, how could you expect to be taken seriously by any sane, academic?
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/23 18:53:43
    Kiosk Kid
    1. When Pelosi and Reid took control of Congress in Jan 2007, the unemployment rate was 4.6 percent and it had been under 5 percent since July 2005. Marxism doesn't work.

2. Reagan created 16 million jobs and increased Federal revenues by 76 percent. Conversely, Obama brought in only 2.3 Trillions of Revenue in 2011 while Bush brought in 2.5 trillion dollars of revenues in 2008. Marxism doesn't work

3. The economy was thriving perfectly until Pelosi and Reid took over Congress in Jan 2007. The unemployment rate was 4.6 percent. Marxism doesn't work which is why Obama can't create job. Every business group in American is fighting Obama.
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/23 19:13:19
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    1. Bush B.S. spin for his Tax Cuts was to discourage outsourcing jobs to other countries. Ten years later, we're still waiting on this. Marxism in America doesn't exist.

2. Reagan raised taxes 8 times, mostly on the Middle Class. The revenues existed at the expense & destruction of the Middle Class. This is "Trickle-Up" economics. Marxism in America doesn't exist.

3. "The economy was thriving perfectly until Pelosi and Reid took over Congress in Jan 2007." No, it was in a tailspin. Tax Cuts for Corporations, two wars purposely left off of the Budget, Wall Street deregulation & the Housing Bubble bursting. Marxism in America doesn't exist.

Wow, all of those studies on FOXNews viewers seem to be pretty accurate.
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/23 21:09:08
    Kiosk Kid
    Try to produce facts like I do. Don't spew party crap!

Every business group in America is fighting that Marxist Liberal in the White House that included the black Chamber of Commerce.

“Harry Alford, president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, went off on President Obama’s anti-business philosophy on Friday in an interview with Laura Ingraham.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...

Marxism doesn’t work!
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/23 21:44:26
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    When will you start producing facts...?
  • Kiosk Kid FeelHoo... 2012/06/23 22:54:21 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    I did!

Every business group in America is fighting that Marxist Liberal in the White House including the black Chamber of Commerce.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...

Name a business group that isn't fighting Obama's policies? What is funny is that if the Supreme Court throws out Obamacare, Obama could start creating jobs.

If they toss out Obama's Marxist policies, it will help him in the Nov elections. Marxism doesn't work!
  • FeelHoo... Kiosk Kid 2012/06/23 23:09:02
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    Here are the facts you've posted:

Here is the disingenuous lie you've posted:

"Every business group in America is fighting that Marxist Liberal in the White House including the black Chamber of Commerce."

Obamacare (ACA) is Romneycare on a national level. The same guys wrote both bills. Since the GOP watered down the bill even further, Obamacare is a big gift to Big Pharma & Big Insurance. Hardly "Marxist".

The Supreme Court is weighing out how much money will actually be lost if they go all "Tea Party" on Romneyc.... er, I mean... Obamacare.

Interesting that Thomas' wife is huge Tea Bag (no conflict of interest, there. Right?)

I do thoroughly enjoy your Luntz talking-points and other Koch propaganda. However, I'd really be impressed if you put down the Beck Kool-Aid, turn off FOXNews, think for yourself & present some facts.

Here's a fact:

Marxism does not exist in America.
  • Jester M.S. 2012/06/19 15:40:27
    Romney
    Jester M.S.
    +1
    Any reasonable person would have to go with Romney when it comes to management abilities and business acumen, but I should probably qualify that statement a bit by saying that is not all I think we need out of a presidential candidate.

If all I was looking for was sound business skills and competent managerial abilities then why not find some CEO on the Forbes top 10 who has brought his company back from the brink of disaster and has an MBA from some prestigious Ivy League university?

Being a capable statesmen requires a great many abilities, some of which are fairly tangible, others are more innate.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/06/19 15:08:37
    Romney
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Obama couldn't lead a duck to water.
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/06/19 14:42:01 (edited)
    Romney
    Kiosk Kid
    The primary problem Obama has in creating jobs is that capital and jobs flee Marxism. Romney clearly understands investors. He will delete Obama’s big government regulations. He will eliminate the uncertainty in what government will do next.

Romney is going to have a massive stimulus package using investor’s private money not tax dollars. There are trillions sitting on the side line with corporations, investors, and small businesses.

"A vast majority (97%) of small businesses surveyed cite a candidate’s support for the free enterprise system as important, 84% cite as very important.

Almost as many small businesses, (92%) think the business community should lead the American Recovery, compared to 8% who think the federal government has the best solutions.

The vast majority of small businesses still are looking for the government to get out of the way (81%) and for more certainty opposed to government assistance."

http://www.uschambersmallbusi...
  • Cuppajo 2012/06/19 14:18:52
    Romney
    Cuppajo
    Romney's companies made money, Obama has put "his company" further in debt than "when he inherited it".

If you were looking at resumes alone, you wouldn't consider Obama for anything except possibly a spokesperson.
  • mac9 2012/06/19 13:40:43
    Romney
    mac9
    NO CONTEST!
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2012/06/19 13:06:24
    Romney
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    I'm sure he'll do a better job.
  • wamcalif 2012/06/19 12:19:44
    Obama
    wamcalif
    +2
    Bloomberg makes a comment like that yet adds he would not vote GOP because of the social issues like, gun control. He has his own rich guy agenda, and knows Romney would protect that top percentile of rich guys. There is certainly nothing to base an opinion that Romney would do a better job. Bloomberg has designs on running for office in Washington, I think that is apparent. He overestimates his favorability rating, because it has dropped significantly in NYC.
  • baboula wamcalif 2012/06/19 13:21:18
    baboula
    Ah but who would know about money management more than a rich guy?
  • wamcalif baboula 2012/06/20 01:44:15
    wamcalif
    That's just it...the President of the United States is a far more encompassing job than being beholden to a group of shareholders. When you plan for the future of the nation, vision requires that you look beyond short term profits. You have to invest in the American people to insure the future of our country. Romney would have let GM fail. Obama did not. It was not only a good investment decision but it saved jobs and the community affected by the company success.
  • baboula wamcalif 2012/06/20 19:38:50
    baboula
    Well then I guess Obama is blind then....So how was taking over GM beneficial to the rest of the country? The community....would that be Detroit by any chance? The same Detroit that is on the verge of bankruptcy? Yes Romney would have let it fail - and GM would have come out of it leaner, more stable and more profitable. Now it is still the same shaky entity-- Obama just threw good money after bad
  • wamcalif baboula 2012/06/20 23:11:53
    wamcalif
    Are you saying that the success of American industry (GM) does not benefit all of America? Not all of GM employees reside in Detroit. Certainly the shareholders, where ever they may reside, are all happy. Why are you so certain that GM would have come out of it okay? Do you think mass layoffs would have been conducive to our bottom line? GM is the number one car maker today. If they are shaky, the auto industry is in trouble.
  • baboula wamcalif 2012/06/21 13:18:01
    baboula
    that's exactly what I am saying. GM would have come back because it is strong at it's core but just got overwhelmed. The mass layoffs would have become mass rehiresbecause no company especially one starting over is going to pass up on trained, experienced employees.
    They are not number one, Ford is

2014/11/23 20:13:32