NY Times: The Radical Is Romney, Not Ryan

Mike56 2012/10/15 18:00:24
By STEVEN RATTNER

Published: October 14, 2012

MITT ROMNEY, moderate. That earnestly sought post-debate public image contrasts starkly with Mr. Romney’s actual positions on many issues, especially the future trajectory of government spending.

Read More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/opinion/the-radi...

• Annette 2012/10/15 19:38:50
    No, I think he is too moderate
    Annette
    +5
    Actually what I think is they are not cutting enough - but I have never been huge on govt. spending for anything other than exactly what we should be taking care of - the defense and just enough to keep the govt running, which has been broadly exaggerated and enhanced, and wrongly so. It is the wrongly's I would get rid of. We have no business in health care - no business in education - Salaries should have a set limit and no higher and only paid to Congressmen while they are in office - none of this retirement and free health care BS. - sending money to foreign countries that are knowingly against us at every turn - It is ALL BS!! I could go on, but we need to cut way back - way - way - way back!!! What we have now is a runaway train nearing a cliff and it needs to be stopped immediately if not sooner.

• zbacku 2012/11/06 02:12:56
    No, I think he is too moderate
    zbacku
    +2
    However he is a whole lot more Conservative than the Socialist we have in power now.
  • syl 2012/10/16 21:29:55
    I agree that Romney as more fiscal conservative than he has been perceived
    syl
    +1
    The ultra left liberal NY Times is simply trash talking Romney

Their talking point after the last debate was to make a big to do about nothing-criticizing Romney for not being specific enough for them, when they don't care at all about anything he says.

Reason? Diversion from Obama's dismal track record of FAILURE!!!
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/10/16 02:36:57
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +1
    The RADICAL in this whole equation is barack barry hussein soetoro 0webama!
  • FairLady 2012/10/15 21:24:26
    FairLady
    +1
    NY Times is nuts.
  • exhon2009 2012/10/15 21:22:33
    exhon2009
    +2
    The article was written by Steven Rattner, the pay to play crook and former Obama car czar. Why do democrat crooks always end up with gigs on CNN or at the NY Times? Anything Rattner writes gets lost in the stench of his criminal past.

Former Obama car czar Steven Rattner charged in pay-for-play scheme

By Zachary A. Goldfarb
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, November 18, 2010; 10:47 PM

State and federal authorities on Thursday charged former Obama administration car czar Steven Rattner with participating in a "pay-for-play" scheme to win business from New York state's pension fund, and sought more than $30 million in penalties.

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo sued Rattner for $26 million and sought to ban him from working on Wall Street permanently. Rattner, meanwhile, agreed to settle a suit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission by paying $6.2 million and accepting a two-year ban from Wall Street.
  • Bureauc... exhon2009 2012/10/16 02:38:01
  • gimini210 2012/10/15 21:06:56
    gimini210
    +1
    Romney has taken companies facing bankruptcy and turned them into a profitable business and companies that hired thousands of Americans. Obama has ..... well he um..... can I get back to you on what Obama has ever done except create debt and spread other peoples wealth as he gathers his.
  • Lanikai 2012/10/15 20:30:18
    +2
    I agree with Mitt. It is TIME, well past time, to CUT SPENDING.
  • MarinerFH 2012/10/15 20:17:26
  • jimrthy... MarinerFH 2012/10/16 01:34:13
    jimrthy BN-0
    Not even close.

He wants to cut deficit spending more than Obama does. This doesn't put him in the ballpark of "fiscally conservative."

This might qualify him as less flaming liberal than Obama. That really isn't saying much.
  • MarinerFH jimrthy... 2012/10/16 01:49:25
  • jimrthy... MarinerFH 2012/11/01 14:07:40
    jimrthy BN-0
    I checked off Romney as a completely worthless bag of hot air in 2008 when I realized that he's just another statist. He loves big government, gun control, killing foreigners, and mega-corps. I haven't paid attention to a word he's said since.

A fiscal conservative would point out that the US is going bankrupt. All our (and our children's) money is being funneled into the DoD, social security, health and human services, and interest on the national debt. Everything else that anyone even talks about cutting is just a drop in the bucket.

Step One is admitting that Monopoly money based on hopes and dreams is worthless. End the Federal Reserve. Cut off Congress' unlimited access to the money printing press. Part of the entire point to the Constitution was to switch to a fiscally sound money system.

Admitting this is probably political suicide. But anyone who pretends otherwise is not a fiscal conservative.
  • MarinerFH jimrthy... 2012/11/01 15:30:03
  • Mike56 MarinerFH 2012/11/01 15:52:24
    Mike56
    +1
    Obama has been succesfully emplying people who are (or pretrend to be) "pure conservatives". They are 0's only hope.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/02 15:06:24
    jimrthy BN-0
    Even if Obama manages to lose the election, Romney will continue to carry forward his "progressive" socialist policies. Either way, Obama wins.

The only real difference is who spends the next 4 years taking vacations on Air Force One.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/03 00:05:57 (edited)
    Mike56
    "Romney will continue to carry forward his "progressive" socialist policies" --------- that is just the DNC talking points repetition
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/03 14:40:03
    jimrthy BN-0
    That's my conclusion, based on Romney's own words.

If the DNC happens to agree with me, it'll probably be a first. I thought they were playing the game of pretending that Obama and Romney are substantially different. But apparently you have more time to waste listening to their talking points than I, so I won't argue about that point.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/11 19:05:25
    Mike56
    No, your conclusions are based on bias and not seeing a big picture - at best. Aiding and abating, man - that is what you do. Enjoy your "president" now.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/18 00:09:21
    jimrthy BN-0
    You brought this back out.

I stand by what I wrote earlier. You are truly a despicably vile human being.

Obama's not "my" president by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that you'd support Obamalite just emphasizes the fact that he's yours. And your statist komrades.

I truly hope that someday you'll get the opportunity to get a glimpse of what it means to live in a free country. So far, you just show your complete cluelessness.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/18 07:12:16
    Mike56
    Well, you are just an immature creature, with little knowledge about the real life - at best. Or one of the 0's operatives.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/19 19:59:02
    jimrthy BN-0
    You're the one in this discussion who was stupid enough to buy into the lie that Romney's different from Obama in any way that actually mattered. You and every other Republican had plenty of time to make your case.

I have yet to see anyone come up with a substantial policy difference between the two.

As before, you don't seem to have anything resembling facts or logic to back up your stupid prejudices and laughable insults.

You really should do some research into idea of "freedom." It's pretty interesting.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/19 23:19:40
    Mike56
    You know what freedom is only when you experience what the total lack of freedoms is. Apparently, you are absolutely clueless. If the ideal world is not possible, then even the worst possible option is OK from your prospective. Moreover, you are agree with your soul mates who have been disproportionally attacking Republicans. And of course, that has nothing to do with any collusion, right?
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/20 02:15:34
    jimrthy BN-0
    That's like writing that you understand swimming by staying out of the water or understand women by never dating.

I point out that republicans are as much at fault for Amerika's current mess as democrats, and you imply that I'm colluding with the people who are "disproportionally [sic] attacking Republicans".

Romney is a flaming statist who never had a serious chance of winning this election. If, by some miracle, he had, he would not have been significantly different than Obama.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/20 06:38:01 (edited)
    Mike56
    You keep repeating the unsubstantiated crap from the Demn playbook.
    Using your analogy, I was both in the water and out of it. You are spoiled by always using the water and it never comes into your brain what you are going to go through because of your own stubbornness and ignorance. Unlike you, I do know.
    With capitalists, even moderate (Romney is not that "moderate", BTW), you always can undo the damage. Contrary to that, the "liberals's" caused harm is almost impossible to reverse, because it is intentionally "fundamental" as Al-Obama promised. I am afraid you still didn't get it.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/20 17:20:39
    jimrthy BN-0
    I'm still waiting for you to come up with any meaningful difference between Romney and Obama.

Romney's far from "moderate." He's a flaming big-government statist. Just like Obama.

You keep babbling that the "Demn playbook" agrees with me that "Obama's a socialist war-monger. Pretty much exactly like Romney." If this is true, it shouldn't take you any effort to actually provide a link or two to support your assertion.

I grew up in a country that was mostly free. I've watched it drift over to match the horror stories my mother used to scare me with about the Soviet Union. We haven't reached that extreme yet, but at this point it's just a matter of degree.

Republicans are every bit as guilty here as democrats. Maybe more so, since they pay lip service to the Constitution and pretend they actually care about freedom. At least the democrats are mostly honest about wanting to live in a police state.

I'm quite aware of just how nasty things are likely to get. It seems like the biggest difference between us is that you're stupid enough to believe the republicans' lies. Well, that and the fact that you're an obnoxious moron who deliberately tries to make other people hate him.

(I, OTOH, just make other people hate me through natural talent).
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/20 19:49:18
    Mike56
    you keep pretending you don't understand that you have been helping the Demns to keep "conservatives" out of voting booths, by reopeating their lies about "they are the same".
    And not everybody hates you - the Demns love you.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/21 17:02:13
    jimrthy BN-0
    Repeating your lie does not make it any more true.

They're both hoplophobes. They both love the federal reserve, Central Planning, and corporate bailouts. They both love the NDAA and the Patriot Act. They both love the power the State has usurped by making people like you wet their beds over "terrorists". They both love high taxes and giant deficits. They're both in favor of socialist health care. Neither cares about the Constitution, private property, or individual liberty. Neither has a clue about economics or the free market. They're both puppets dancing on the strings of their corporate masters.

Come on, Comrade. If those are democrat talking points, then you should be able to come up with at least one link that shows them agreeing with me.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/22 02:20:07
    Mike56
    See, tovarisch, you even are using their "comrade".
    They don't care whether you "agree" with them or not -they need you to keep "conservatives" out of voting boths - and you prove to be extremely instrumental. As I've said: enjoy the show and learn the differences in hard way.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/25 17:31:06
    jimrthy BN-0
    Lesson One: When an American calls you "comrade", it's a calculated insult. I think it's pretty funny that you chose to respond to this one but just happily accepted it when I called you "apparatchik". Which was much, much worse.

Lesson Two: The voting "boths [sic]" don't matter. I'm guessing you already know this. Since you've shown repeatedly that you are a Statist who hates individual freedom. By the time the general populace gets to the booths, the decisions have already been made at the Party level.

The past election is a case in point.

The idea that Romney was any different than Obama proves that you don't have a clue about basic ideas like individual freedom or the free market.

We were both brainwashed as children. I got the idea that it's preferable for people to swim or sink on their own. You got the idea that liberals (your terminology) who pretend to buy into that and claim to be "conservatives" are preferable to the open liberals who promise that the State won't allow anyone to sink. While clearly ignoring the actual sinkers.

Get a clue about freedom. Romney wasn't any better than Obama.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/27 02:51:45
    Mike56
    You are too ignorant and inexperienced to give me, "lessons", tovarisch. You don'teven recognize the difference between me mocking your statements and "happily accepting" you calling me the word you apperently even don't know the meaning. In addition, you lack imagination and logic to predict where your gullibility is going to bring you. Unlike you, I saw much more - and that gives me some advantage (not that I am that smart). 0's task is bringing this society to the point of no return, when NO freedom is going to remain. Romney would have preserved at least the status quo, and then we could move further.

Sorry, but your stubbornness wouldn't allow you to get what I am talkin about. It is as if you equated a somehow corrupt City Hall to an aggressive alien invasion.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/29 03:06:37
    jimrthy BN-0
    Gee, I just grew up in a country that was more-or-less free. How could I possibly know anything about what it's like?
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/29 13:30:05
    Mike56
    you have no clue what the alternatives are - and that is one of the reasons of your reckless stubbornness. Now I have to pay for your "education", alond with you. Damn.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2012/11/29 18:46:47
    jimrthy BN-0
    I'm fully aware of at least one of the alternatives.

The government monitors all of our communications. The police will stop us on the street and randomly ask us for our papers. Or torture us for not showing them the proper respect. If one of us makes the wrong bureaucrat angry enough, we get thrown into prison without trial as an enemy of the State. Or shipped off to a friendly place like Egypt to be tortured. Or maybe just sentenced to assassination. All because we're wetting our collective pants in terror over some guys with turbans and home-made bombs hiding in caves somewhere across an ocean.

For that matter, I'm aware of another alternative. One where there's a mostly-free market, we could mostly trust the cops, and most of the spying involved toppling freely elected governments in favor of friendly dictators. Because we were wetting our collective pants over a couple of super powers that had an inconceivable array of ICBMs ready to turn the entire planet into a sheet of radioactive glass.

Neither one really qualifies as a free country. But the latter example seems to be a lot closer than anything you've ever lived in.

Yes, I know that it can and does get much, much worse. The point to America isn't "well, at least we aren't as bad as them." The point is "how can we be more free tomorrow than we are today?"
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2012/11/29 22:32:34
    Mike56
    "The point is "how can we be more free tomorrow than we are today?" -------- Definitely not by doing what you've done. Isn't it time for you to grow up? Even the former alternative is softer than one I lived in: a bureucrat doesn't have to be angry in order to turn you into the "GULAG dust" - he is just doing his "job" for the sake of the "change" he or simebody else believes in. You have shown again as to how little you understand the consequencies of your childish attitude.

BTW, following your logic, we have to have the 100% uneployment, because any hiree (including Presidents we the people hire) is very far from perfect.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2013/01/01 15:14:16
    jimrthy BN-0
    You demonstrate yet again that you don't have the foggiest clue what freedom means. And that you can't follow basic logic.

No bureaucrat in America has to be angry to turn us into "GULAG dust." Declare someone an enemy combatant. They either get a death sentence or imprisonment for life without a trial. The imprisonment is most likely nicer than what even Stalin dished out (which, according to all accounts, was much worse than anything you could have experienced).

History shows the "consequencies [sic]" of my "childish" attitude. Eventually the tyrants clamp down on the people who dare to defy them. Sooner or later, either the slaves revolt (usually to be either slaughtered or set up a worse tyranny) or the bureaucracy collapses under the weight of its own inefficiency.

You really should read up on logical fallacies. Constantly striving for improvement is very different than throwing out anything that doesn't match inhuman and unattainable standards.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2013/01/03 12:17:06
    Mike56
    Well, now I clearly see how ignorant and irresponsible you are - a perfect slave to the the leftist/Islamo-nazi alliance. Even true enemy combatants were released - I would not be surprised you are one of them.
  • jimrthy... Mike56 2013/01/06 03:43:33
    jimrthy BN-0
    My teammate recently treated me to watch a production of Les Mis. It opened a part of my soul which I thought was closed, and I think I understand a bit about you which I didn't before.

You remind me very much of the character Javert. I really can't expect you to have much of a clue about humanity. My forgiveness and understanding don't mean much, but you have it.
  • Mike56 jimrthy... 2013/01/06 11:00:32
    Mike56
    "about humanity" - I guess your assisting 0 has been all about humanity, right?

Everything that is genuine mean much to me - and you are right: yours doesn't.
  • jimrthy... MarinerFH 2012/11/02 15:03:47
    jimrthy BN-0
    I really don't see any meaningful difference between the two. I can't come up with any point to replacing Obama with someone who has pretty much the exact same policies on everything that matters.
  • MarinerFH jimrthy... 2012/11/02 19:26:34

2014/10/24 18:19:21